1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

captain jack sparrow

why do people say option c in gta 5 is the best??????

Nik0 Bellic
42 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

More like business acquaintances. If the game was trying to make us think Franklin had a very close family-like relationship with either Michael or Trevor they certainly failed, he just met them and did some robberies with them and outside of "work" their relationships were minimal and they weren't particularly warm towards each other.

They might hang out

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Nik0 Bellic said:

They might hang out

Yeah I mean they do hang out and become friends. But I don't think they come across as close as intended, like if they wanted it to seem like Michael and Franklin had some kind of father son relationship they missed the mark. And Franklin and Trevor seem like they respect each other but aren't exactly best buddies who know each other really well.

TheSantader25

Not a Father/Son relationship but what's intended for Michael and Franklin is a mentor/rookie relationship. Franklin and Trevor have a business relationship. Just partners in crime. But both these relationships kinda shape towards friendships in the end. Not strong ones though. 

3Prcntr
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, captain jack sparrow said:

so to succesfuly close this topic and to finaly have the ability to sleep peacfully at nights:

we all have a right to our opinion but we do not have a right to act like everyone should think what we think

michael is a selfish asshole that deserves to die

trevor is a pschopath because of the bertraysion of michael

most people pick c cause they do not seat and think that michael deserves to die

i can now sleep at nights peacefuly

You are not a mod. You remind me of people around here when GTA V was first released.

Option C was the MOST realistic option. Why would you think that ending Westins control over them along with everyone else as they have been through the whole game would NOT be the most realistic choice? It's the entire hope behind the game - One last score, severe ties and not owe or be controlled by anyone. Franklin would rather use the common sense method by being loyal to the ones who helped him become rich rather than submit to the corruption of powers that be. Franklin is way too loyal to be pushed around by the likes of someone like Westin, or the corrupt FIB.

You need to take a chill pill before it's too late. You speak of rights as if you have an understanding of them, when clearly you have no idea. You have limited rights. I have an opinion to believe you should think like I think. Your opinion may differ. An opinion is a traight or defining characteristic, not a right. They are neither correct, or wrong. Rights are capable of being enforced or redressed in a civil action in a court. Political rights entail the power to participate directly or indirectly in the establishment or administration of government, such as the right of citizenship, the right to vote, and the right to hold public office. You seem a little confused as to how far your opinion carries, especially when you tell people they have less of a right to one as you do. Don't get political. You won't win that battle online, especially the way you conduct yourself.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:53 AM, captain jack sparrow said:

you know what????????if you are not gonna agree just do not right a comment i am tired of seeing everyone think option c(aka chliche unrealistic ending)think that it is the best

is everyone ever gonna think about it?think about the bad and selfish stuff michael did:firstly he bertraeyd his best friend(and no he did not just did it to protect his family his family was not in any danger)and in the whole game he never seemed to really care about anyone besides his family

and i am glad you have the option to kill this selfish asshole at the end!!!!!!!!

Take your own advice. Do not comment. At the very least, slow down and breathe, wipe the sweat from your palms, and correct your terrible grammar.

As Fabien would say: "In through ze nose, out through ze mouth".

I think people who chose other options lack the ability to think critically and assess risk vs. reward. You prove that well. You chose to remain a puppet at the end because of spite for petty behavior, and murder a man with a family instead of ending corruption and greed. Well done... :sarcasm:

Edited by 3Prcntr

LorshZontek
1 hour ago, 3Prcntr said:

You are not a mod. You remind me of people around here when GTA V was first released.

Option C was the MOST realistic option. Why would you think that ending Westins control over them along with everyone else as they have been through the whole game would NOT be the most realistic choice? It's the entire hope behind the game - One last score, severe ties and not owe or be controlled by anyone. Franklin would rather use the common sense method by being loyal to the ones who helped him become rich rather than submit to the corruption of powers that be. Franklin is NOT a hitman for hire, and he is way too loyal to be pushed around by the likes of someone like Westin, or the corrupt FIB.

You need to take a chill pill before it's too late. You speak of rights as if you have an understanding of them, when clearly you have no idea. You have limited rights. I have the right to believe you should think like I think. Your opinion may differ, because you have that right. An opinion is a traight or defining characteristic, not a right. They are neither correct, or wrong. Rights are capable of being enforced or redressed in a civil action in a court. Political rights entail the power to participate directly or indirectly in the establishment or administration of government, such as the right of citizenship, the right to vote, and the right to hold public office. You seem a little confused as to how far your opinion carries, especially when you tell people they have less of a right to one as you do. Don't get political. You won't win that battle online, especially the way you conduct yourself.

Take your own advice. Do not comment. At the very least, slow down and breathe, wipe the sweat from your palms, and correct your terrible grammar.

As Fabien would say: "In through ze nose, out through ze mouth".

I think people who chose other options lack the ability to think critically and assess risk vs. reward. You prove that well. You chose to remain a puppet at the end because of spite for petty behavior, and murder a man with a family instead of ending corruption and greed. Well done... :sarcasm:

Franklin has no reason to kill michael at all thinking of it reasonably michael helped him get out of the hood and this is how franklin repays him, it makes franklin look like a scumbag 

HelloMyNameIsHuman

Trevor was already a psychopath, that's the whole reason Michael needed a way out. This game is trying to tell you things that you are not necessarily currently equipped to see. Be the alien to the world which is an image of your own. 

Nik0 Bellic

This topic should be locked

3Prcntr
12 hours ago, Nik0 Bellic said:

Considering there are hundreds of the same threads from 4+ years ago, and who started it was probably banned from here multiple times since then, I agree. Useless thread.

Nik0 Bellic
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 3Prcntr said:

Considering there are hundreds of the same threads from 4+ years ago, and who started it was probably banned from here multiple times since then, I agree. Useless thread.

I mean the question is "why do people say option c is the best" but if you look at the last parts of the topic there is no one talkin about the title any more

Edited by Nik0 Bellic

ThatKyloRenGuy
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Nik0 Bellic said:

Agreed and I know I posted something similar to this on another thread but I just want to make this crystal clear before this thread gets locked as there's tons of gamers out there who need to hear this! There is no "best ending"! It is 110% a matter of opinion. Presenting an ending as "best" being a fact only makes one look ignorant and biased. Multiple endings is solely POV, hence why they call it "multiple endings". It's really a shame that people would abuse something that was meant to be a "joy to players" and turn it into a device to be opinionated. Unfortunately, I can't close threads so all I'm gonna say is: That is all! R.I.P. thread!

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

HelloMyNameIsHuman

Discussion evolve. The problem with this world is that it sticks to only one detail, one topic at a time. Then it is enforced by selfish people who do not have the mental capacity to just leave the discussion when it no longer interests them. Discussions start with a topic, they do not always end with the same topic. This is why there was a "gta mystery" - looking at trees, while suffering tunnel vision, unable to see the forest.

Zello
On 3/13/2019 at 4:21 AM, Nik0 Bellic said:

On 3/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, 3Prcntr said:

Problem is this seems to be a hot topic. If they close it a bunch of other threads discussing the endings will pop up again and we'll be in the same situation.

ChiroVette

Option C is the one that preserves all protagonists, but whether it is the "bet ending" or not is purely subjective. From a storyline perspective, I suppose if you hate Michael, then Option B is your ending of choice, and if you hate Trevor, then Option A is how you want your story to end. But the three endings gives the player the choice, and the C ending also has some logistical value, too. If you kill off Michael, then all the work you did playing as him, all the money you accumulate, the properties you buy, vehicles you collected, and everything else is gone. Poof. All that work for nothing.

Its fine if you don't care about that, but it also bears mentioning that the actual story of the C ending is fleshed out a great deal more. Honestly, the A and B ending are total sh*t, not because I am against Rockstar killing off Michael or Trevor, but they play like no thought was put into them at all. The A and B endings are basically chase, catch, kill cut-and-paste missions. So I think that from a practical standpoint, the C ending is the better ending. But as for which anyone else prefers, well I wouldn't condescend to tell anyone what that should be.

Edited by ChiroVette

Wackyshrek

C is the best for many reasons: 

1. Steve gets sniped in the face; I hate that piece of f*cking sh*t and I absolutely hate any mission involving him because he'ssuch a douchebag c*nt pr*ck f*cking ret*rd. 

2. The other villains die: They all get some brutal deaths (if you're going for 100% gold), Stretch gets  melee'd by Michael for Franklin and Lamar, Franklin blows up Wei and Tao Cheng for Trevor, and the trio get to shove Devin off a cliff. 

3. Trevor gets a cool ATV. 

4. Michael finally reunites with his family (they will move out after Meltdown.)

5. F*ck killing Trevor for Steve, Trevor is a psycho and a threat to humanity but come on, everybody hates Steve! 

6. F*ck killing Michael for Devin, Michael did nothing wrong and gets tortured and tormented when Trevor comes back into his life. 

7. A lot of relationships are destroyed with the other two endings (Michael and Amanda, Michael and Jimmy, Michael and Tracey, Trevor and Ron, Trevor and Wade, Franklin and Jimmy, Trevor and Jimmy, Trevor and Lamar, Michel and Trevor, Michael and Franklin, and Trevor and Franklin.) 

HelloMyNameIsHuman
5 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

Option C is the one that preserves all protagonists, but whether it is the "bet ending" or not is purely subjective. From a storyline perspective, I suppose if you hate Michael, then Option B is your ending of choice, and if you hate Trevor, then Option A is how you want your story to end. But the three endings gives the player the choice, and the C ending also has some logistical value, too. If you kill off Michael, then all the work you did playing as him, all the money you accumulate, the properties you buy, vehicles you collected, and everything else is gone. Poof. All that work for nothing.

Its fine if you don't care about that, but it also bears mentioning that the actual story of the C ending is fleshed out a great deal more. Honestly, the A and B ending are total sh*t, not because I am against Rockstar killing off Michael or Trevor, but they play like no thought was put into them at all. The A and B endings are basically chase, catch, kill cut-and-paste missions. So I think that from a practical standpoint, the C ending is the better ending. But as for which anyone else prefers, well I wouldn't condescend to tell anyone what that should be.

To me, you prove that C is the correct option, because there is no hate in a heart that holds the truth. It is not necessary to have hatred to do what must be done to make things right in life, including taking out those people who are full of deceit, lies, and manipulation of your life.

"To me" is subjective, of course.

However, it is not a matter of hatred for Franklin. He is being pitted against his friends, on either respective side of the isle where each sits; The option is simple: C is the objective correct answer, because he is friends with both men. It is selfish to "choose one" of people he likes, when in reality, Franklin would just be killed by some other guy that they approached next. 

If someone thinks A or B is right, I don't mean to be offensive, but you are completely missing the plot. It's not hard to do. Just look at the world around you. This game is an image of it. The confusion is forgivable; however there are a great many things that you can gleam from the game. I will be helping out with that.

Edited by HelloMyNameIsHuman

DirtCheap

Because Option A and Option B make no sense. Here's why:

Option A:

This option makes no sense for a number of reasons:

• Why does Franklin even want to kill Trevor? Like he has no reason to hate him. Trevor helped Franklin out with the hood, and was always willing to help him with any anything e.g. Lamar getting set up. So why does he have a sudden urge to kill the guy who helped him tremendously? If it's because Franklin wanted the money, then that makes less sense as Franklin is basically swimming in cash as he has >20 million dollars after the Union Depository Job.
  • Why does Trevor pussy out when Franklin points the gun at him? I mean this is Trevor we're talking about: the guy who smashed a bottle on a guy's head after he insulted him. The same guy who caused 5 rampages because someone either called him a motherf*cker, or made fun of him for being a Canadian. The same guy who is feared by every civilian of Sandy Shores. The same guy who wasn't afraid to become one of the 10 most wanted people on Earth. Yet he cowers at the sight of a gangbanger pointing a pistol at him.
  • Michael gets Trevor killed, because of the funniest jokes in the campaign. Like it makes no sense when Michael laughs at Trevor for drinking gasoline, and eating a stew with meat that resembles human, yet berates Trevor for doing these things in this mission with such hatred.
  • Michael, despite wanting Trevor dead for so long, distances himself from Franklin, even though Franklin just completed Michael's life long wish. And Michael even has the balls to blame Franklin.

Option B

This option also makes no sense for a number of reasons:

• Why does Franklin even want to kill Michael? Like he has no reason to hate him. Michael changed Franklin's life in such a way, that it's absolutely insane.Because of Michael, Franklin went from a reprobate in a sh*tty house in a sh*tty neighborhood, to a reprobate in a luxurious house in a wealthy neighborhood. Also, Franklin isn't going to be given more money for this, so it's pointless for him to do this. Oh, and I can't forget how R* tries its absolute best to make you feel like sh*t while doing this mission e.g. Tracey being accepted into college when only this mission occurs.
  • Why does Michael pussy out when Franklin points the gun at him?  Michael is said to be the most experienced criminal of the trio, not to mention the best gunman, yet doesn't do jacksh*t when some hoodlum points a pistol at him. 
  • Despite Franklin wanting to help Michael back up after he slips off, Michael laughably headbutts him, killing himself in the process. Yes, Michael gets so mad that he f*cking headbutts Franklin, who is literally holding him off a tower. I can't stop laughing at the stupidity of that part.

Now lets look at what puts these 2 missions in the center of the Venn diagram:

• Both have antagonists get away scot-free, and gloat disgustingly at Franklin, breaking GTA tradition.
  • Lamar only realizes after such a long-ass time that Stretch played him.
  • The mission objectives for both missions are piss poor (Kill Trevor/Michael).
  • Both have you feeling like sh*t.
  • Both will have both surviving protagonists distanced.

ThatKyloRenGuy
7 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

tbh I couldn’t have said it any better myself. And yes, you 110% read my mind when you say the A and B endings are total sh*t, not based on the fact that a protagonist gets killed off but the fact that they are basically chase, catch, kill, and feel like they’ve been copied/pasted from somewhere. I’ve also said it before and I’ll say it again that I wholeheartedly believe that they could’ve worked had they been MUCH better written. I also appreciate the fact that you said whether or not ending C is the “best ending” is purely subjective, and the same exact rule applies with ANY game where there’s two or more endings or even two or more options. At the end of the day, there is no true ending as some would call it. Yes, while there have been people I’ve come across on YouTube being biased and unfair about it being the “best ending”, that still gives the OP absolutely ZERO excuse to do the same with ending B. People in general need to stop getting so triggered about this subject matter. It’s just a f*cking video game! Your post is very constructive. Good job, man! (And for the record, I say this as a fan of GTA IV, or as you would call it “snore”, we can’t take ourselves too seriously after all).

xXPinguXx

lol, what even is this thread anymore?

Quoting from millions of people, Option C is the best ending because no one dies, there's no consequence, and it's the only good written ending in

the game.

Ending A and B has consequences and both of them are written horribly and they feel like a fan-made mission.

Edited by xXPinguXx