4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

The New Fashion Thread

Ronin Ogami
1 hour ago, Rafae S said:

So that means Owanjila Hat, Porter Jacket and Concho Pants next week.

Cool.

But get your stupid darned socks for TWO GOLD (2 Gb) apiece !!!! Been looking forward to the Concho pants. Great way to drop the ball R*

Red Lynx 23

I was waiting for the Manteca Hat actually. So I was finally able to buy the orange and black one, resembling Gila Monster skin.

Boozey St John
Posted (edited)

This may be considered off topic slightly but after doing some quick research about women's fashion during the time period, seems like belts were very popular for women to accentuate their waist/hip ratio. 

Don't understand why this little accessory still hasn't been added. But y'know, socks seem to be a priority. 

Edited by Boozey St John
Grammar

Sir McTim

Well... I was waiting for the Owanjila Hat, now I'm digging the concho pants too. At least got a reason to grind for the week so I dont go broke lol.  

Loved this hat in SP, the red one was also looking like it was asking for my money. Wished there was a light grey one though...

D3Oae1rW4AEH_Yf?format=jpg&name=large

Sooo digging dem

D3Oae1-WsAEzGsX?format=jpg&name=large

And the gray one for my cold weather outfit 

D3Oae19X4AAIXNG?format=jpg&name=large

D3OaVt6X4AAdLxU?format=jpg&name=large

Rafae S

Absolutely in love with this jacket.

7orXTls.jpg

DrKrankenstein
1 hour ago, Rafae S said:

Absolutely in love with this jacket.

7orXTls.jpg

bought all of those :P

grandtheftbanksy

I'm loving the Benbow jacket, but that clipping in the back kinda sucks.

Rokushakubo
1 hour ago, grandtheftbanksy said:

I'm not buying it for that reason. I'll get it when it's fixed. Sad cause I want it a lot. 

Oldsport

i hate how the top hat they dripfed us were only all reptile skinned. the lazy stovepipe hat was my favorite hat in the story mode, i hate that they added it to online with ugly ass alligator skin on it

Sammionna
13 hours ago, grandtheftbanksy said:

Same with the Hartman Jacket, the clipping completely ruins it for me. 

ALifeOfMisery
13 minutes ago, Sammionna said:

Same with the Hartman Jacket, the clipping completely ruins it for me. 

The clipping on these two jackets is f*cking horrendous. 

Most vests with a collar clip through the Benbow Jacket on its right shoulder, luckily the Rutledge vest doesn't clip, so I was able to get one of the fur Benbow Jackets to use as a cold weather outfit.

But the Hartman, gun belt clipping can't be avoided, at least not on my brawny character, even though he is permanently red underweight. Which is a big shame because I do like the style.

I'm looking forward to the Porter Jacket, because it doesn't look to have any clipping issues from what I've seen.

How these clipping issues make it through quality control or whatever is beyond me.

BUT THE BENZ

srsly the BEST piece they dropped was/is the marshall coat, hands down!

Sammionna
2 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

The clipping on these two jackets is f*cking horrendous. 

Most vests with a collar clip through the Benbow Jacket on its right shoulder, luckily the Rutledge vest doesn't clip, so I was able to get one of the fur Benbow Jackets to use as a cold weather outfit.

But the Hartman, gun belt clipping can't be avoided, at least not on my brawny character, even though he is permanently red underweight. Which is a big shame because I do like the style.

I'm looking forward to the Porter Jacket, because it doesn't look to have any clipping issues from what I've seen.

How these clipping issues make it through quality control or whatever is beyond me.

Its as if nobody at Rockstar even bothered to test this sh*t beforehand. Bugs like that should be impossible to go unnoticed.

ALifeOfMisery
6 minutes ago, Sammionna said:

Its as if nobody at Rockstar even bothered to test this sh*t beforehand. Bugs like that should be impossible to go unnoticed.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the effort of implementing different body types and weight gain/loss being visible on some character models. But, it is as if someone at R* thought it would be cool to have different body models and visible weight changes but completely forgot about the need for clothing models to actually fit characters that don't use the average body type.

Maybe it's me, I have a very critical disposition, it's part of my job to notice and anticipate problems, but the clipping annoys me no end.

I fully expect some clipping, I don't expect R* to catch everything, but collars clipping through coats, gunbelts clipping through everything or even clipping inside larger character models, that's basic stuff, surely. 

Assblaster

Aside from a few items, the quality of clothing is piss-poor. If it isn't worn with patches, or absurd-looking, it clips. Some of my characters don't mind the grizzly adams look but my Sundance Kid character wants some nice-looking threads dammit ...not to mention banks to rob. No gambling yet either, and he isn't really into hunting, what the hell is a poor bank-robber to do??

eiqzQlg.gif

Failed Again

Does anyone know what the gold star on some items within the selection screen refers?

Its not gold only purchase..

Thanks

Ronin Ogami
2 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Does anyone know what the gold star on some items within the selection screen refers?

Its not gold only purchase..

Thanks

the star means you haven't viewed it at a tailor or general store (wardrobe) yet.

Failed Again

I woulda never guessed that...Thank you

BUT THE BENZ
10 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

looking forward to the Porter Jacket, because it doesn't look to have any clipping issues from what I've seen.

a vest clips though the neck, saw this yesterday. the outdoorsman vest does that at least, didn't test other combos

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

a vest clips though the neck, saw this yesterday. the outdoorsman vest does that at least, didn't test other combos

I'll have to check the vest I was planning to use when I'm next on, but if it clips, well, that's really disappointing.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

•—•
Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, Rokushakubo said:

I'm not buying it for that reason. I'll get it when it's fixed. Sad cause I want it a lot. 

You should buy it already before it's gone. Have you even checked yourself for clipping issues? The other guy or girl's character might be different weight, body type to yours. On mine, skinny and perfect weight, I saw no issue. Looked perfect. Don't believe everything you read. Not even this. Get it before you regret it. Or you will become more sad.

Edited by •—•

Rokushakubo
12 hours ago, •—• said:

You should buy it already before it's gone. Have you even checked yourself for clipping issues? The other guy or girl's character might be different weight, body type to yours. On mine, skinny and perfect weight, I saw no issue. Looked perfect. Don't believe everything you read. Not even this. Get it before you regret it. Or you will become more sad.

I've checked. The gun belt clips a LOT out the back of the jacket. Deal breaker...

Rafae S

Why is the Manteca Hat so unnecessarily big? Bought it for $141 and just swapped to my Gambler's Hat instead because it looked so silly smh. I didn't think the preview at the store was a good enough preview so I went outside wearing it and it covered my entire forehead and eyes... tf

BUT THE BENZ

the kenney hat seems really big aswell....the grizzlie hat is my #1. it is pretty big too though. wanted to buy a new hat too last session...cutter hat looks intriguing...maybe next time

the previews, they are....well, in most stores you cannot even see the mirror to check your back. wallace station is good though.

Ronin Ogami

Gator & Diamondback hats seem to be the biggest winners for me in the hat section. :D

Foxwolfe

The Stalker hat is my go to but I'm wearing the Cutter hat a lot lately as well, none of the other hats have really grabbed me though but I do wanna pick up the black Owanjila hat. 

Chrismads
2 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

The Stalker hat is my go to but I'm wearing the Cutter hat a lot lately as well, none of the other hats have really grabbed me though but I do wanna pick up the black Owanjila hat. 

The cutter hat is the only thing you'll see me wear. Unless I'm out doing some apex predator hunting, then I'll be wearing my green flat cap.

Some of the new hats are okay, but everyone else is wearing them.

Foxwolfe

I think a lot of them are just a bit flashy for me, I guess I prefer a more traditional cowboy or outlaw looking hat which so far the stalker and cutter hats cover well imo. I'm glad they're adding a wide variety of styles regardless, more options is always better than less.

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Foxwolfe said:

I think a lot of them are just a bit flashy for me, I guess I prefer a more traditional cowboy or outlaw looking hat which so far the stalker and cutter hats cover well imo. I'm glad they're adding a wide variety of styles regardless, more options is always better than less.

Same. I used the stalker as well before i could afford the cutter. I just love the worn black/brownish cutter and noone else wheres them. But noone else tries to look like cowboys either

Edited by Chrismads