3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

The New Fashion Thread

Ronin Ogami

I was going through the new items added & was wondering what some of everyone's favorites are. I'm rocking the new Diamondback Rattler hat, with the dark green Gatorskin Hunter's coat ( oooooohhhhhhh that gatorskin coat) 

Chrismads

There isn't one thing added that would make my outfit look any better. Only thing I'd wanna change is my Lumber boots to Old West boots. Unfortunately they didn't even add those

rusbeckia

the floppy hat with the feathers was an insta buy for me. I also bought the black hunter's jacket and the alligator jacket from the other model, don't know how it's called.

ghostsoap01

Saving up gold for the hunter jacket (john's patchwork epilogue coat) in a beige / cream snakeskin texture. I love the new gator hat (too bad its dripfed), the chaps are good, and the Millard boots with snake trim really look nice. Got a brown longcoat with fur collar (the one modeled after Micah's) that looks good. Really digging the new shirt colour / pattern options (especially the wide-collar shirt in deep blue with the white cuffs and collar). not really new in the update, but I had a glitch with my hair clipping through hats, so now that is patched and I can enjoy wearing my black bowler and cream coloured stalker hats. Looking forward to that snakeskin vest coming out as well. Just so damn ashamed that there's dripfeeding on CLOTHING.

Assblaster

Anybody know what it means on the clothing items labeled "more options"?

(Ok nevermind...I suppose it means there are more to choose from than there were before.)

Edited by Assblaster

Foxwolfe

As far as I can tell it just means there are color options you haven't viewed in the mirror (when you're looking in the catalog at the item), basically it was easy to miss that you hadn't viewed items before as there was nothing marking them as being new until you got into the color selection and could see the little stars in the corner. Now you can tell that there are items you haven't viewed since unlocking right from the catalog page itself, I like the change.

Rokushakubo

I want the black half pelt chaps for my blue themed bison coat attire and and the cream benbow jacket (although the gunbelt clips out the back in preview so will wait till that's fixed). After buying some new items and trialling new looks, I'm sticking with my current until those items are unlocked. 

Foxwolfe
13 hours ago, Rokushakubo said:

(although the gunbelt clips out the back in preview so will wait till that's fixed)

Funny you mention that as I noticed last night the gunbelt/jacket combo I had been wearing for the last few weeks, the belt now clips through the back of the jacket when it previously didn't.

Fun.

Pumpkin Zone

A ton of clothing that previously had no clipping now clips for me too, among other issues like the Hagan Coat no longer is a winter coat. My hair also clips slightly through my forehead when it previously didn't as well.

The quality control at Rockstar is just top notch.

A Man Deprived
19 hours ago, Assblaster said:

Anybody know what it means on the clothing items labeled "more options"?

(Ok nevermind...I suppose it means there are more to choose from than there were before.)

I didn't see that on older items that got new options, just ones that I recently unlocked that I didn't look through yet. (The tail coat was one of them, but it didn't get any new options with this update.)

Edited by A Man Deprived

éX-Driver

I’m still just waiting for some nice town clothes. Proper silk tophat with flat brim and no flare, a BUTTONED frock coat, white starched collar shirt, clothing with MATCHING fabric colours and patterns. Plain collarless waistcoat shape. Plain shawl lapel waistcoat. Nice white town gloves. The new morning coat is a nice addition, though I’m not a fan of the satin piping. 

I’m bloody well sick of how the majority of the clothing always looks dirty or is ‘pre-distressed’; i.e., ripped and patched up. 

TheSadisticOwl

Loving this new hat and coat. Also loving that I can finally wear the Patterned Bandana and use it on my face.

0_0.jpg

ALifeOfMisery

Can anyone share any info on new coat and vest styles that work as cold weather clothing? Please.

rusbeckia
11 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Can anyone share any info on new coat and vest styles that work as cold weather clothing? Please.

I can only tell you that the hunters jacket and the one with M (dunno anymore whats it called) aren‘t suitable for hot weather. 

Might be that they changed this generally, need to test if the other „summer-coats“ are still working in warmer regions.

ALifeOfMisery
15 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

I can only tell you that the hunters jacket and the one with M (dunno anymore whats it called) aren‘t suitable for hot weather. 

Might be that they changed this generally, need to test if the other „summer-coats“ are still working in warmer regions.

Thanks dude.

I'm happy with my characters existing look from before the update, but it has a very outdoorsman vibe. When my upgraded saddle bags start working and allow me 5 outfits instead of 3 I want to create both cold weather and warm weather "town" style outfits.

I'm not too short on money, but I still don't want to waste any on a cold weather coat and vest that don't work.

rusbeckia
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Thanks dude.

I'm happy with my characters existing look from before the update, but it has a very outdoorsman vibe. When my upgraded saddle bags start working and allow me 5 outfits instead of 3 I want to create both cold weather and warm weather "town" style outfits.

I'm not too short on money, but I still don't want to waste any on a cold weather coat and vest that don't work.

NP! My guess is that the jackets without pelt are for average temperatures and the ones with pelt are for cold temperatures. 

If that was the case we could use the same model but a different type for average and cold!

D4PLK

Not sure if it always has, but I noticed last night that the online catalogue states that's items are now "slightly warm" 

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, D4PLK said:

Not sure if it always has, but I noticed last night that the online catalogue states that's items are now "slightly warm" 

Is that in the description of individual items or for the outfits?

D4PLK
14 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Is that in the description of individual items or for the outfits?

In the description of the Individual items. It's in white at the bottom. 

25hlpc8.jpg

Sorry wasn't in white but there is a white sun. Haha. 

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, D4PLK said:

In the description of the Individual items. It's in white at the bottom. 

25hlpc8.jpg

Sorry wasn't in white but there is a white sun. Haha. 

That's really helpful, thank you.

D4PLK

No problem. I'm going to have a play later with cold weather outfits too. Might compile a list of warm items. 

Boozey St John

I am pissed! 

I want to be sexy- not fecking Vega from Street Fighter! 

*At least cold weather outfits work. 

Edited by Boozey St James
An actual fix

ALifeOfMisery
40 minutes ago, D4PLK said:

No problem. I'm going to have a play later with cold weather outfits too. Might compile a list of warm items. 

I just checked out the online catalogue, I wonder if there is any appreciable difference between items marked as slightly warm and reasonably warm?

Also, not all new items seem to be in the online catalogue. Not the coming soon items, but I'm sure some items that were added on Tuesday, that are available to buy, aren't there, but I can't log in to check in game right now.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Ronin Ogami
42 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I just checked out the online catalogue, I wonder if there is any appreciable difference between items marked as slightly warm and reasonably warm?

Also, not all new items seem to be in the online catalogue. Not the coming soon items, but I'm sure some items that were added on Tuesday aren't there, but I can't log in to check in game right now.

There seems to be, as my Leather duster (with normal vest shirt, ect. ) makes for an "average temperature" outfit, but if I change it to the Gatorskin Hunter's jacket, it's now suitable for hot weather . . .

D4PLK

Just been right through the online catalogue and noted any cold weather items. Hopefully this list will help some others. 

I haven't tested this in game at all and there are some items that's do not state anything at all eg the weathered and Becker halfchaps. Although all the other half chaps are hot weather suitable. These may need testing. 

List of cold weather items is as follows:

All gloves - slightly warm 

Millard boots - slightly warm

All jackets/coats (not bison duster & Hagen coat) - slightly warm

Bison duster coat - very warm

Hagen coat - doesn't state

Wool shirt, union suit and dongeal

sweater - slightly warm

Rutledge vest - reasonably warm

Outdoorsman vest, sheepskin vest, opulent vest - slightly warm

Everything else either doesn't state or is suitable for warm weather. 

ALifeOfMisery

Can't believe I've only just noticed the Coming Soon™ Pelt Half Chaps, I'm going to be all over a pair of those for my cold weather hunting outfit.

ThatDamnScottishGuy
On 2/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, D4PLK said:

Just been right through the online catalogue and noted any cold weather items. Hopefully this list will help some others. 

I haven't tested this in game at all and there are some items that's do not state anything at all eg the weathered and Becker halfchaps. Although all the other half chaps are hot weather suitable. These may need testing. 

List of cold weather items is as follows:

All gloves - slightly warm 

Millard boots - slightly warm

All jackets/coats (not bison duster & Hagen coat) - slightly warm

Bison duster coat - very warm

Hagen coat - doesn't state

Wool shirt, union suit and dongeal

sweater - slightly warm

Rutledge vest - reasonably warm

Outdoorsman vest, sheepskin vest, opulent vest - slightly warm

Everything else either doesn't state or is suitable for warm weather. 

The union suit is glitched. It doesn’t register as adding warmth. At least for me.

RedDeadNedKelly

I’ve got two near identical outfits (there’s a few colour changes) one has the leather duster and is rated for cold weather. The other uses the Marshall coat and is rated for hot weather. The only difference is the outer jacket and the colour of the shirt, tie and waistcoat.

Makes no sense, but who cares ‘cos I’ve now got a cold weather outfit and didn’t have to buy anything new.

Rafae S
Posted (edited)

Rutledge Vest 

Y6PslsI.jpg

Hartman Jacket 

LMLsIaL.jpg

Marshall Coat

aqw7A7d.jpg

Gaiters

OIerexa.jpg

Edited by Rafae S

Happy Hunter

This kind of thread feels weird without Quinn.