Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Hunting/Fishing straight up Nerfed, or "Rebalanced?"


IamCourtney

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

What about Cougars or Panthers? If you don't know yet, I'll look for one in the pre-udpate areas that I consistently found them. Then try taking an unskinned carcass to a butcher.

Perfect 3 star cougar. (Skinned)

 

x2 teeth, 50c x 2 = $1

x4 prime meat, 75c x 4 = $3  (previous 3 meat and $2.50 total)

Perfect Pelt, $5

Perfect Carcass, $6.75 (previously was $13.50)

 

UPDATE:

Unskinned Perfect 3-star Cougar: $13.90

 

So it is BETTER to SKIN your Cougar.

Edited by Pocket Fox
knowledge
Link to post
Share on other sites

After some thought about the nerfing of hunting, I can only convince myself that maybe this is a sign that private lobbies will be coming soon. The way it is now, is how I figured it would be if they gave us our own private sessions to be in.

 

Otherwise it just feels like an unwanted prostate exam from R*, using their whole hand, with no lube...😟😖

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

After some thought about the nerfing of hunting, I can only convince myself that maybe this is a sign that private lobbies will be coming soon. The way it is now, is how I figured it would be if they gave us our own private sessions to be in.

 

Otherwise it just feels like an unwanted prostate exam from R*, using their whole hand, with no lube...😟😖

 

 

Freeroam almost is a private lobby now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DarkFlame588 said:

I think it was just a bug they finally fixed where skinned and unskinned carcasses sold for the same price.

It would be awesome not having to skin animals anymore. I wonder if herons sells at the same price unplucked then?

Anyone knows what a perfect unskinned whitetail buck sells for then?

 

NVM i read all the posts here 🤥

Edited by Chrismads
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ouch at some of the carcass price reductions, be nice if they at least made a post about the reasoning behind some of these changes/fixes given that there was never clarification on what was even a bug at the time.

Edited by Foxwolfe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pumpkin Zone said:

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll throw it in here too.

 

Skin your carcasses people. I tested it on regular deer, and bucks. You will make more money for the skinned carcass + all of the items gained (meat/skin/antlers) than if you sold the carcass without skinning it.

 

Skinned Buck + All loot = $11.70

Unskinned buck & no loot = $10

 

Skinned deer + all loot = $8.15

Unskinned deer & no loot = $7.00

 

So skin your animals if you want the maximum amount of profit, guys.

Thats just stupid. That can't be how it's meant to be.

 

I'm very curious how it is with birds now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all I'm not sure why all the complaining. You get much more meat now and the butcher glitch is fixed so now you don't lose money from pelts.

Also when you die there is a chance the pelts are still on the horse

Technically you make much more money now and I still get about 3 feathers per bird, did you try getting 3 star birds?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord-Sam said:

First of all I'm not sure why all the complaining. You get much more meat now and the butcher glitch is fixed so now you don't lose money from pelts.

Also when you die there is a chance the pelts are still on the horse

Technically you make much more money now and I still get about 3 feathers per bird, did you try getting 3 star birds?

Its idiotic that we still have to skin animals before selling them to get the max amount of money.

There was always a chance that your horse wouldn't despawn upon death and therefor let you keep the pelts

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lord-Sam said:

Technically you make much more money now and I still get about 3 feathers per bird, did you try getting 3 star birds?

 

How exactly do you get "much more money" now? Most things have been reduced by half the price they sold for before. You don't get much more meat, you get maybe 4 instead of 3, and since meat sells for hardly anything anyway, who cares?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

Its idiotic that we still have to skin animals before selling them to get the max amount of money.

There was always a chance that your horse wouldn't despawn upon death and therefor let you keep the pelts

In reality if you don’t skin asap the meat goes off maybe that’s R* thoughts

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

In reality if you don’t skin asap the meat goes off maybe that’s R* thoughts

You'd have to gut it asap to avoid parasites, but removing the skin does nothing except exposing the meat to air which means bacteria. 

Thats how I know it is with fish and how I was told it was with mammals as well

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

You'd have to gut it asap to avoid parasites, but removing the skin does nothing except exposing the meat to air which means bacteria. 

Thats how I know it is with fish and how I was told it was with mammals as well

Yes of course it would need gutting as would fish, if fish are not gutted ASAP the flesh/meat will spoil quickly I always gut fish I’m keeping on the waterside so I would presume animals to be the same although beef once gutted and skinned is best hung for a long period 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

In reality if you don’t skin asap the meat goes off maybe that’s R* thoughts

Yeah, the math for a lot of the big name animals like deer, antelope etc. seems to show you make a buck or two more if you skin and sell everything (carcass + hide + meat + misc. bits) versus just selling the whole unskinned carcass as-is and I guess the in-universe rationale would be the butcher pays you a little extra for having done most of the work.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you one thing, varmint rifle has been retired from my hunting arsenal. Thing is a POS now with reduced range and increased bloom-now that stars dictate meat quantity only, that weak sauce pea shooter is done for me. Lancaster with high velocity all the way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Yes of course it would need gutting as would fish, if fish are not gutted ASAP the flesh/meat will spoil quickly I always gut fish I’m keeping on the waterside so I would presume animals to be the same although beef once gutted and skinned is best hung for a long period 

Its more about the parasites with fish. They'll start digging their way out of the bowels of the fish, where they occur naturally in many species, and into the filet, where if not heat/cold treated properly, you could risk getting the live parasite yourself. Sry for OT I could go on for days about fishing and fish 😄

 

Back on topic, I don't even get the logic behind selling the carcass after skinning. What does the rest of the carcass consist of after we remove skin and meat? Its just bones and guts. Noone would buy that would they? Lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrismads said:

 

Back on topic, I don't even get the logic behind selling the carcass after skinning. What does the rest of the carcass consist of after we remove skin and meat? Its just bones and guts. Noone would buy that would they? Lol

Could make dog food and bone meal out of what's left I suppose.... doesn't seem worth even the new reduced prices but I won't argue :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
6 hours ago, Lord-Sam said:

First of all I'm not sure why all the complaining. You get much more meat now and the butcher glitch is fixed so now you don't lose money from pelts.

Also when you die there is a chance the pelts are still on the horse

Technically you make much more money now and I still get about 3 feathers per bird, did you try getting 3 star birds?

You get one feather no matter what the condition on egrets and herons and the price is reduced on carcass and feathers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had skins, a turkey, and animal on my horse and was killed by another player. When I respawned I still had those. Is that normal? I seem to remember that being the problem. Going to the butcher and being killed along the way. Is this a change or was I just unlucky before?

 

Second, did they nerf the carcass fishing?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vcdburn said:

I had skins, a turkey, and animal on my horse and was killed by another player. When I respawned I still had those. Is that normal? I seem to remember that being the problem. Going to the butcher and being killed along the way. Is this a change or was I just unlucky before?

 

yeah they fixed this with the update

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I'm kind of upset that our main money maker was reduced, but after running my usual routine I still made a decent amount of money. I just wish R* focused on the bugs and problems more than price adjustments and adding locked content..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for more locations to sell and purchase stuff. Like at least 2 more Fence and 4 Trapper locations.
What i got was nerfed hunting and nerfing the rifle i purchased specifically for its hunting qualities.
Thanks R*, thanks a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jazzbone said:

I was hoping for more locations to sell and purchase stuff. Like at least 2 more Fence and 4 Trapper locations.
What i got was nerfed hunting and nerfing the rifle i purchased specifically for its hunting qualities.
Thanks R*, thanks a lot.

They actually didn‘t nerf the varmint for hunting purposes, but much rather fixed it. 

I mean, it was obvious that getting a perfect pelt off of any small animal no matter which condition it was in before, was a bug.

 

i mean I hoped for it being a balancing adjustment, but yea

Oh btw, I recieved 3 spoonbill feathers after one-shotting a perfect individual. 

It seems they just adjusted hunting like it‘s in sp

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, IamCourtney said:

like some number cruncher decided we were making too much money and must be stopped

There's your problem right there.

 

Ever since games became "mainstream" people with ledgers have been looking how to wring more moneys out of the users. And we were all so obsessed with playing our games that we never bothered to revolt when someone said: "Let's see if we can pull off something called lootboxes."

I'm sure the guy that thought of that is still sitting looking baffled that it worked.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Oh btw, I recieved 3 spoonbill feathers after one-shotting a perfect individual. 

It seems they just adjusted hunting like it‘s in sp

Does spoonbill give feathers or plumes? I have no problem getting 3 feathers like before the update.but plumes always comes in 1's now

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

1 spoonbill plume for a perfect bird, you don't get 3 anymore don't listen to the horsesh*t

I'm confused.  I always got 3 feathers and 1 plume.  Basically 4 birds would max out feathers.  This is different now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.