3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ThaBirdCoot

what are the best/worst messages other players sent to you ? RDO

ThaBirdCoot

as the title of the topic states, feel free to post the best or worst messages someone sent you over the game

I have gotten actual death threats just earlier by somebody who seemed kinda not straight in the head, went ahead and reported it to Sony and to my surprise they took care of it quickly

This guy said something like killing my children and wife, beating my dog to death, and some other very nasty stuff I won't blur out his name because this is one sick individual, and if you ever come across him don't deal with him

GJwkzU3.jpg

A little more background on this, I was running a horse theft for the boy with my friend this guy rode straight up towards us, a minute after the rival player can steal horses messages popped up, so he definetly saw our blips turn a target as he approached and aimed at my friend I didn't hesitate and shot him off his horse with an express explosive. He came back when we reached the safe zone and threw a couple fire bottles which had no effect. Afterwards he managed to kill me soon after I delivered my horse and left the zone so I went and shot him back, which is fair in my opinion it coulda stopped there. btw he was diving around like a salmon on crack but slippery bastard came to my rescue, I think this got him so very mad to the point he started idling and wrote some obsceneties. Crazy folk playing video games.

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Happy Hunter
Posted (edited)

My GTA past caught up with me apparently. A group of players circled me on horses in great plains, sending homing dynamite arrows via paint it black dead eye. I didn't even get annoyed to be honest - I can picture how much time it takes to craft all the stuff, and these guys used it up on me. 

IMG-20190313-115159.jpg

Edited by Happy Hunter

Sammionna

'You better run pussy'

From a guy I've never encountered in my life, I'm sure he sent it to the wrong person.

Talisman_83
Posted (edited)

I have my messages set to friends only, however I switched on voice chat last night.

Some guy rode past me while I was skinning a heron and decided to shoot me.

Caught up with him and proceeded to zig-zag and auto-aim pop him using Slippery Bastard.

Ended up 9-1 til he parlayed.

"Stand still you f*cker!!"

Sure, I'll make it easy for you to kill me, go ahead.

Edited by Talisman_83

Clickalot
Posted (edited)

Funny story

There was a little comotion at Valentine. Shootout between outlaws and the Pinkertons

me minding my own bussines, drinking a single malt before I mingle

so

i wanted to help the ones who needed it the most (no not the Lawman) I tried to help a outlaw. By mistake a had him in my sight

Did not shoot the guy

and then... at some point he shot me....dead

So...well I am not a persistant guy...but if I want to help and I shoot some Pinkertons..then I dont expect to be shot in the back...I will hunt you down like a three star rabbit

I shot him down several times

many, many ....many times

well

here is the chat

him:

boy lover

me:

huh

him:

U

me:

yeah but why

me again:

Lol
You shot me first

him:

U'R guys turn red - becurse 1 of you pointed at me - 

me:

Beside all that
You dont have call out names
But
You engaged the fight and prolly lost it

sorry

him:

3 possy guys would'nt help - so i Quit possy 

me:

Dude
Its a game
Dont be mad
You shot me first remember

him:

U pointed at me first ore your friend 

me:

That because there was some confusion
But
One more time
You shot me first
If I wanted you dead at first sight 
I pulled the trigger
But I was figuring out where one walibi was (dont know the exact playername)

But chill out man
How old are you if I may ask?

magnificent

just great really

Edited by Clickalot

SuperJude™

I turned my messaging off when that Brick your PS4 hack was going around last year. Honestly doubt I'll change it back. Been rather nice not getting the hate messages because I did something in game that was intended for me to do in game.

GTP_Monkey

Never get em as don’t do messages only friends and don’t have game chat on either 

ThaBirdCoot
10 minutes ago, SuperJude™ said:

I turned my messaging off when that Brick your PS4 hack was going around last year. Honestly doubt I'll change it back. Been rather nice not getting the hate messages because I did something in game that was intended for me to do in game.

Yeah, better safe than sorry I guess. I had heard about that stuff.

Boozey St John
Posted (edited)

I received some poetry at one point. 

Roses are red

Violets are blue

You're sh*t at Showdowns

You big f*cking noob. 

*Turns settings to friend only messages.* 

Edited by Boozey St John
I lost and still got cursed out.

Clickalot
16 minutes ago, SuperJude™ said:

Through messages?
Wasnt it a friend request?

DarksunDaFirst

I love leaving my messages open.  Always a good source for entertainment when I want to sit for a spell at my camp (or my office in GTA).  

Of course I'm guilty too of sending out some "love" via messages, but GTA it was easier because you could text and email instead of going the PSN route.  It was always pretty standard when I did it...

"I would run from me too."

That would sometimes backfire when the elite players would turn around and proceed to smash me until I went pacifist 😛  

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, SuperJude™ said:

Can you elaborate that more specifically? Haven‘t heard about it and I‘m curious now 🤔 

Assblaster

It was through messages. You get a message, your ps4 bricks up. Screw that, my messaging is off and will stay off. People with nothing better to do in life than to ruin others' stuff.

ThaBirdCoot

Yeah, on PS4 be careful with these sketchy gamertags like angelaxxxlove sending random messages with something like "hey sweetie" don't bother to open them, you never know

rusbeckia
2 hours ago, Assblaster said:

It was through messages. You get a message, your ps4 bricks up. Screw that, my messaging is off and will stay off. People with nothing better to do in life than to ruin others' stuff.

1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Yeah, on PS4 be careful with these sketchy gamertags like angelaxxxlove sending random messages with something like "hey sweetie" don't bother to open them, you never know

Wtf. Didn‘t know something like this was a thing. Thx for clearing that up a bit

wehweh01

Somebody called me a big meany 😢

ThaBirdCoot

Some kid on voice chat way too young to be on red dead:

"Ima kill you boooy" (he really acentuated the "boy" which makes me think this one's parents must have missed out on education.

I put on slippery hogtie him throw him on a horse and make it flee lol

He goes into a fit a lot and starts rambling then almost begins crying wow 

Goes on saying "im a level 4 and this guy(me lol) is a 144 waah" suddenly I can hear some parent or sister in the background. "Sir if you can hear me I can report you and you will get in trouble" lmao I laughed so hard on this one. So that's how these reports start 🤣

The Deadite

I feel left out because no one ever sent me hate messages, i get friend requests all the time which i end up deleting either way...

hugh750

i have voice chat disabled, the closest thing i get is requests to parley when i have randoms in my temporary posse when we are battling griefers.

Pocket Fox
Posted (edited)

Loaded into Tumbleweed, got shot at by some rando. I use slippery bastard and have the time of my life killing this person (and his friend). The only time he or his friend kill me is when I am literally cleaning my gun.

I run out of ammo so I call parley and go buy some ammo, when I come out of the gunsmith I try to dynamite him but miss and get the law on me.

I run away from the law, he pursues me, still shooting at me. So... I school him a little and dynamite his horse and ride off.... he dies either from the law who are chasing me tramping him, or killing him.

Since he was such a troll for constantly harassing me I figure I'd rib him a little. Sent a text saying 'lol you dont know what parlay is, you got schooled, I might post it on YT' and then I block him....  I dont even post stuff on YT, but the threat of embarrassment proved enough...

Video of the kill

Spoiler

He then used an alt account to send me this.

Spoiler

UsTuF2h.jpg

There's more to it, like asking how the weather in 'Canberra' is... as if all Australians live in the one city. He then calls me an Abo (abbo) which is a racial slang term for an Indigenous Australian.

And that was how I saw the year in, messing with a griefer lol 😄 

After that he and his friend left to go play PUBG. I ran'em right outta town! Go on, git!

Edited by Pocket Fox

Chrismads

This is probably the worst message I got in RDO. He hit me where it hurt. My girlieness and my danishness.

CBz17Sc.jpg

RTDq1x3.jpg

He was the one that gave me the idea for the When Justice Is Served thread. Sry for lengthy video, dunno how to edit.

SuperJude™

I do get angry microphone people.

Last week I was a "stupid f****** k***" because I knocked someone over with my horse at the start of a mission (100% by mistake too wtf)

Today I was a "fu***** fa**** n*****" because I shot this guy in Tumbleweed. He was walking around in circles and his mic was too loud. I had to shoot him. Screw that guy.

I shot this guy's horse. Listen: I snipe. I find at the apex of my Rolling Block range, for whatever reason, when I'm shooting at a rider aimed up at the head I still seem to get a bizarre amount of unintended horse kills. 4 bucks wasted. Lame. Anyway...

"Stupid co**" for the horse killed.

"Oh you stupid fu***** cu**" for when I shot him getting up from the ground after I shot his horse.

During Love and Honor I always vote to KILL, take the wife and find this nice spot north on the map where like 12 riders spawn, easy pickings, lots of headshots. This other guy was stealing my kills so I threw dynamite at him.

"F****** moron" was the first insult. I deserved it. I was being petty. No biggie I rode off and let him get all the kills and loot all the bodies.

I rode to Tumbleweed and waited to run the clock a bit. I saw him approaching and on a lark I wondered how far I could throw dynamite and miracle of miracles it landed at the bridge just as he was riding across, TOTALLY by luck, and knocked him down. 

"Little Pussy" "Bit** A**" "Punk" "Stupid little piece of sh**" "Fu***** As*****" and a LOT of others. I mean...I didn't think he'd be THAT ANGRY at me honestly or I'd have just ended the match but another part of me is like you know what? If getting knocked off your horse makes you freak out THAT BADLY then maybe you need to get knocked off your horse from time to time and learn to laugh.