1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

List of Daily Challenges (READ FIRST POST!)

gibsonteddyj
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, CMCSAVAGE said:

I renamed my Posse to Hunt the leader, had 3 ppl join from invites, and wasn't able to start the fkn thing lol. It wasn't even grayed out, it just wasn't there.

That's the same thing that happened to me...very frustrating.  I have repeatedly submitted tickets to Rockstar demanding payout for challenges when the option to initiate a posse versus mode isn't available.  Their typical response is that they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix.  I don't let it go at that and keep requiring them to pay me out the gold and exp that they shorted me for not being able to complete the last challenge.  A couple of times they have handed over the exp and gold but most times they just say they are aware and trying to fix it.  The difference at level 4 of the streak challenge is a real burn when you cant complete all 7 challenges.

Update:  I submitted a bug ticket to Rockstar about the Hunt the Leader not being in the posse versus menu.  Their reply was detailed instructions on how to start the game mode as if I didn't know how to start the game mode.  I replied with a not-too-nice response that we as players are well aware of how to start the game mode but it is impossible to start it when its not even listed in the posse versus menu or is grayed out in the menu.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, IamCourtney said:

I get kills no problem with my Bolt Action, got my 3 revolver kills handily but put a repeater in my hands and hoo boy, I dunno what it is about em but getting those 3 kills in Fool's Gold was a struggle. A different feel, I just can't quite out my finger on why. I'm tempted to start using the ol' Lanc more often and figure it out, if only for lack of other compelling projects...

Can you use explosive rounds in your repeater?  Its basically a certain kill if you shoot someone with explosive ammo in the repeater.

Edited by gibsonteddyj
Response from Rockstar

gibsonteddyj
8 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Yeah, I'm getting a bit bored of all the showdown stuff. I might not bother with them today. I usually have trouble finding pelicans too. Others can find them but when I hang out in the same place I never see them. The hideouts can be tricky sometimes too. So I might just sell the feathers today and not bother with the rest.

Static pelican spawn south of Blackwater at Quaker's Cove.  There are usually 2-3 sitting on the dock posts but I would recommend not bothering with those as they will fall in the water when you shoot them.  If you sneak to the eastern side of Quakers cove, there is a really small island just a few feet off the coast that will generally have at least two pelicans there.  Also, there is almost always 1-2 pelicans (sometimes its 1 pelican and 1 loon) on the shore before you get to the small island.  I would add in a snapshot but I can't figure out how to add it...if its even an option.

Nyraider77

I have been playing for a while now only got 1 Gang hideout to spawn did it with another random player got no credit. Haven’t seen not one other all day 

gibsonteddyj
6 hours ago, AmyStone said:

For me the showdowns are a bit of a grind. I don't really enjoy them and mainly because I don't do very well at the new ones. Yesterday's kill from the hip has been the hardest for me so far. It took me ages to get close enough to someone for a shotgun kill. It's ok having them to do for daily challenges but I'm not so keen on having really specific things to do - like today's multiple kills in 5 seconds. Rather than relaxing and enjoying it I have to play in a way I wouldn't normally and it adds extra pressure.

I'm certain someone has offered this advice about the multiple kills in 5 seconds...use dynamite arrows or even regular dynamite.  As for the killing someone from the hip, equip Slippery Bastard ability card and use a shotgun.  Rush the player while in dead eye mode until you get into shotgun range, deactivate dead eye and open fire.  Me personally, I dread the head shot kills with a bow as a daily challenge.

CMCSAVAGE

Played for like 3 hours, 3 different sessions and never saw any smoke in the sky, hideout or not. I was in 2 areas where hideouts usually spawn often. Fk it.

BUT THE BENZ

yeah just do missions and stretch em out a little...do your own "daily challenge" while the timer runs out: go catch fish, collect herbs/jewelry, kill animals/gather ingredients.all that and then cash in 1 minute before the deadline: in the end f*ck the dailies, they give you ZERO cash really. on the average I get 25 $ for a mission, around 0.28 gold or something. I  do 7 of those...I get my slice of the cake- it's not like the dailies are the only way to get rewarded

Nyraider77

I don’t go out of my way to do every daily every day but once you get those multipliers going the easy ones are well worth it. I never thought of this thanks 

10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

yeah just do missions and stretch em out a little...do your own "daily challenge" while the timer runs out: go catch fish, collect herbs/jewelry, kill animals/gather ingredients.all that and then cash in 1 minute before the deadline: in the end f*ck the dailies, they give you ZERO cash really. on the average I get 25 $ for a mission, around 0.28 gold or something. I  do 7 of those...I get my slice of the cake- it's not like the dailies are the only way to get rewarded

CMCSAVAGE
11 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

in the end f*ck the dailies, they give you ZERO cash really. on the average I get 25 $ for a mission, around 0.28 gold or something. I  do 7 of those...I get my slice of the cake- it's not like the dailies are the only way to get rewarded

Who's doing them for cash? Any money you may get (sell to butcher) is pocket change. IMO, Stranger Missions aren't worth doing at all, unless you need the XP.

Jason

Daily challenges with the full multiplier is 50 nuggets a challenge and 200 exp. It's straight up the best way to get gold in the game and the exp adds up, especially if you do stuff on the way like hunting/hideouts/ambushes/etc. If ya want cash or gold as fast as possible, stranger missions aint the way to go.

Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)

@Benz

Stranger Missions played a large part in my 470. A handful of Stranger Missions add up. Also, when you are done with your "7" - 1.96 gold and $175.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

CMCSAVAGE
3 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Stranger Missions played a large part in my 470.

They would've had to before daily challenges. Even then, the OG ones only paid out a crappy .1. 

Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)

@CMCSAVAGE

Yeah -  I only started playing daily's on the regular. To achieve the 28 day challenge.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

IG_

Rockstar has got some beef with Pelicans

Either its cook exotic bird meat or pluck pelicans lmao

Ronin Ogami

Really starting to HATE this "trigger a RANDOM event" type of challenge. Either make it static, or remove the challenge. VERY bs been trying for hours to get a second hideout to spawn

Cratoz

You can find a pelican sitting here a lot of times.

ycCvQiY.jpg

They are also populated in this area, they can also sit at other locations or fly above.

Leftover Pizza

There should be different dailies for different players. To have the whole lobby go for the same goals is nonsense. Especially when it comes to picking rare herbs, for example. The whole world is doing the same dailies. I really hope they'll tailor the dailies to the roles coming with the summer update, so not everyone is chasing the same thing all day, every day.

Nyraider77

I’ve played all day I’m home after a surgery. Still have seen only 1 Gang Hideout all day. BS 

RayD70
4 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Played for like 3 hours, 3 different sessions and never saw any smoke in the sky, hideout or not. I was in 2 areas where hideouts usually spawn often. Fk it.

Same. Almost 4 hours. Nothing. Not even stranger encounters that are reliably there. Something isn't right.

Nyraider77

The other day it was the train ride that kept me from 7/7 today it’s gonna be the gang hideout. When I spawned in the day after I couldn’t find a train the first thing I saw was a train right next to me. Tomorrow it will be a gang hideout lol 

CMCSAVAGE
44 minutes ago, Nyraider77 said:

I’ve played all day I’m home after a surgery. Still have seen only 1 Gang Hideout all day. BS 

That's one more than me lol.

Leftover Pizza
46 minutes ago, Nyraider77 said:

Even if I am not chasing hideouts, there are days I don't see any of them at all. In this case, it's total sh*t so many chase them on days like these.

DarkFlame588

Back when dailies first came out there were missions of hunting turkeys and whatnot and I always noticed that they never spawned where/as often as they usually do.

Raylan Givens

May not get any today. XBox update is stuck.

XB users - can I restart mid-update? Never seen one get stuck midway before. May have no choice here in a second...

AmyStone
6 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I played for 5 hours and never saw any. So frustrating. How is something supposed to be a challenge if it's impossible.

CMCSAVAGE
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

I played for 5 hours and never saw any. So frustrating. How is something supposed to be a challenge if it's impossible.

Managed to get one a little while ago, Solomon's Folly, then just gave up. Figured New Austin was good since you can see smoke from far away and there was nobody around. Only gonna wait so long before throwing in the towel.

IDK if they're just screwed today or other players doing them messes up the spawn. I actually miss the days where you could see every player on the map. If I could see someone by a gang hideout, I wouldn't waste my time even going near it.

Edited by CMCSAVAGE

Jason
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cratoz said:

You can find a pelican sitting here a lot of times.

ycCvQiY.jpg

They are also populated in this area, they can also sit at other locations or fly above.

Also the spot here in Copperhead Landing has two Pelican spawns:

Ocxn8t2.png

Going back and forth between these two spots should get you them with a bit of RNGesus luck. Be careful to not let them fly over deep water.

For hideouts this is the route I take:

unknown.png?width=678&height=429

Do not care about smoke signals, ride right up to the hideout locations, they can pop up when you're very close. Some of these hideouts spawning does depend on time of day but it's the best route to take for hideouts in the game.

Edited by Jason

IamCourtney

Did 3/7 then my mission wagon detached on a mild incline and caused a failure so I just straight up killed the app in disgust :D Seeya tomorrow!

wehweh01

Found out Spoils Of War doesn't count as a Showdown. I got 5 Carcano kills and my daily for rifle kills stayed at 1/3. 

The next showdown I did counted. Forget the name but it was at Sisika penitentiary.

slohbur
5 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Found out Spoils Of War doesn't count as a Showdown. I got 5 Carcano kills and my daily for rifle kills stayed at 1/3. 

The next showdown I did counted. Forget the name but it was at Sisika penitentiary.

Did you joined an on-going match? They only start to count after the next one; or if you join one while everyone is in the lobby waiting.

RayD70

Ugh. Finally get a second hideout to spawn. Make quick work of it and I'm looting the first corpse. Treasure Map! Almost simultaneously with the xp popup for clearing the hideout...

Disconnected.  ARghh!!!! Load right back in and sure enough, no credit, no map. FML. Between that, the infinite loading screens and needing 30 attempts to even get into a Showdown, and "Rockstar error" almost every time my horse is loaded up (I have probably lost easily 2-3K by now to that), my enthusiasm is at an all-time low. I already walked away from the game for 2 months straight having only come back with the last patch. You know, the patch that claimed they fixed the damned disconnects.

R* is on thin ice now.