1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

List of Daily Challenges (READ FIRST POST!)

Red Lynx 23
31 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

There's also a chicken pen at Emerald Ranch inside the cattle pen.

Not as reliable for roosters to spawn as the two locations near Rhodes. Not even for chickens. I always go to the cabin that Joe is hanging out in, and have more luck with chickens spawning when we have to kill or pluck them as a daily challenge.

Vik2390

Red Lynx 23

Killing five players with the Springfield rifle might be the biggest challenge out of all these challenges. I didn't bother with those five Stranger Missions. Disconnected wayyy too much this week to even bother completing that challenge.

Foxwolfe

Ah yeah I forgot about Joe's cabin, good call.

aFinn

Had a dream start today. A guy killed me while I was skinning a rabbit so I killed him 4 times. I should have gone for the 5th but I didn't want to get purple dot. I then picked a couple thymes, killed an ox and found a surprise opossum too. Bam, disconnect! Lost all progress. It was uphill from there on. Once I got everything else, an opossum wouldn't spawn for me. I was running out of time but then finally got one. Joined a race lobby as my final thing and it was Tumbleweed, perfect as it's going to be Desert Sage picked tomorrow. Found a perfect opossum right there too when I didn't need it anymore, lol.

The first 2 lobbies I was in were crazy, everyone shooting me. Got new 3 kills too in a shot time. One guy shot me so he can get the ox I was wrangling. Little did he know it was actually a bull so he killed me for nothing. And died a couple times for nothing.

Red Lynx 23
58 minutes ago, aFinn said:

Had a dream start today. A guy killed me while I was skinning a rabbit so I killed him 4 times. I should have gone for the 5th but I didn't want to get purple dot. I then picked a couple thymes, killed an ox and found a surprise opossum too. Bam, disconnect! Lost all progress.

Joining a new online session where you left off saves your daily challenge progress. I tend to do that with so little as one added to the tally. Considering how frequent and random the disconnects can be.

aFinn
4 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Joining a new online session where you left off saves your daily challenge progress. I tend to do that with so little as one added to the tally. Considering how frequent and random the disconnects can be.

That's good. But sometimes you disconnect when switching lobbies, does it save still?

Red Lynx 23
1 minute ago, aFinn said:

That's good. But sometimes you disconnect when switching lobbies, does it save still?

If you get to spawn into a new lobby, it sure does. I'm not sure about disconnecting between them though.

Van_Hellsing
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, aFinn said:

Had a dream start today. The first 2 lobbies I was in were crazy, everyone shooting me.

I must have been flaming red hot chilly pepper. Everybody was gunning for me. Not in a fair way, but these heroes tried to shoot me in the back as I passed them.

Or as I was reading the map some blue dot tried to kill me. I beat him with my gun, followed by an execution and he parleys.

Too bad I couldn't use them for pvp, because I do not own the Springfield rifle. I equipped the Slippery Bastard and used a ton of tonics. Just to get around. The double barrel shoved in their face detered most of the armchair heroes from more foolishness. 

And it was disconnection Tuesday. There are only two oxen spawns, both near Emerald ranch. As soon as I bagged one I left to save my progress. In the end, I got all challenges, except the Springfield pvp. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Vik2390

Red Lynx 23

I did all the challenges, except for Desert Sage and killing two players in an explosion. I will pass on those, and instead complete & reset two awards soon. They'll get me twenty gold nuggets each. And it's all just gold with nothing to spend it on.

Foxwolfe

Yeah that's the type of stuff that I can't be bothered with (2 players 1 explosion) unless I get lucky in a competative mode. It honestly sounds way easier to do in free roam, I feel it could be pretty easily done on unsuspecting players in towns. I just hate the thought of being subject to someone randomly exploding me in town just for some dumb daily challenge that I didn't even know I was participating in.

The desert sage one is too easy to pass up for me though, just fast travel to tumbleweed, go south, pick sage.

aFinn

I think today I completed the 5 dailies I was gonna do the fastest ever. I spawned at Rathskellar Fork, picked up Desert Sages just south of it, fast travelled to Valentine, visited the saloon and went to Cattail Pond to get elks, eagles and geese. Less than 15 min for everything.

Vik2390

Xtf

If they put streaks in I'm never going to get past 3 days.  Today was looking easy until I saw the rare shotgun, I'm not buying weapon clutter in this one.

Red Lynx 23
9 hours ago, Xtf said:

If they put streaks in I'm never going to get past 3 days.  Today was looking easy until I saw the rare shotgun, I'm not buying weapon clutter in this one.

That's why we need to be able to store and swap out guns from our weapon wheel. 

Vik2390

Red Lynx 23
Posted (edited)

I got through the challenges for two Spoonbill, three little brown bats, five evergreen huckleberry, and one horse appearance without being attacked by other players. I'll go back to Online for the next set of daily challenges. Later today, it'll be: Griefers. Griefers everywhere.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

Rap Bandit

I tried to post a pic of the challenges right at drop time and couldn’t figure out how to. Maybe I don’t have access to that

yet, I’m new.  

Van_Hellsing

I get disconnected 30 seconds after I log on. So the challenges are pointless for me. 

CMCSAVAGE
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Rap Bandit said:

I tried to post a pic of the challenges right at drop time and couldn’t figure out how to. Maybe I don’t have access to that

yet, I’m new.  

You need to upload it to a image hosting site like Imgur first. Then just copy image address and paste in your post. Can use Twitter also.

Edited by CMCSAVAGE

LooseCanon
14 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

it'll be: Griefers. Griefers everywhere.

What was it like? I didn’t get the chance to go online today.

Red Lynx 23
43 minutes ago, LooseCanon said:

What was it like? I didn’t get the chance to go online today.

In the wee hours of the morning, I had a few people nearby, and one person racing past on their horse while I cleared out a gang hideout. 

Vik2390
Posted (edited)

I can't do this.

Edited by Vik2390

Foxwolfe

Appreciate the posts up till now dude 👍

Happy Hunter
1 hour ago, Vik2390 said:

IMPORTANT: My apologies to all of you, fellers but most likely i will not make future updates of this list. I have a very tough situation in my life, which is not possible to solve for me, so i need to quit. I'm really sorry, but i need to do this, because i don't have no more strength to endure. If i do today's update, it means that i could not make it. 

We could probably all contribute if you want. Can't take much for us to post what we get every few days, between the few of us who see this thread. Some time when you've got less going on you might look back, add together what people came up with past this point.

Hope all goes well for you.

Vik2390
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

We could probably all contribute if you want. Can't take much for us to post what we get every few days, between the few of us who see this thread. Some time when you've got less going on you might look back, add together what people came up with past this point.

Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you. I can't just do this. I'll continue to fill the list. 

Surebrec

has anyone been having problems joining showdowns? every time I try for the daily challenge, the game just hangs at a black screen.

Xtf

Thank you Vik2390 for all the previous posts.  Wish you all the best and hope whatever is going on works out for you.