3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Chrismads

When Justice Is Served

Van_Hellsing

This encounter was one of my most epic dogfights. I got jumped by two griefers in succession. At the time I was thinking they were both the same player. 

The video demonstrates my favorite strategy to deal with griefers:

1. (Fighting) retreat:

You get ambushed. When you do not get killed, get out of the kill zone immediately. Never without one, slippery bastard or slow & steady can buy you that time. The enemy has the momentum and surprise. You do not want to fight on the enemy's terms. You want to fight a war that favors your strong points. This can be achieved by maneuver, timing and deception.

While retreating, notice the approximate level of the griefer and - most important - what weapon is being used against you. 

2. Counter ambush

Fleeing will deceive the enemy into a false sense of confidence. The enemy is using a long range weapon. I know that I am devastating up close with a shotgun. I wait in the depression in the field, so he can not get a ranged shot at me. When the enemy is close, I totally smoke him with the shotgun. 

3. Follow up attacks. 

Time to pull the Slippery Bastard. I move just enough so that his shots miss. In the heat of the battle, the enemy doesn't notice that I have the Bastard active. The griefer must think I am in God mode. I finish him off with the shotgun. 

4. Repeat. 

Again, I don't want to fight in the open field that favors ranged weapons. I find a large boulder that will be the Alamo. I do not wait there, I make myself noticed in the trees. The enemy takes the bait. After being seen, I retreat to the Alamo. If you look closely, the enemy is pointing his gun to the trees, where he is expecting me to be. Again, I smoke him, because I fight the battle that favors my strength. 

TheShift

I think the griefers already broke the new system... they just farm from roof tops.. i got shot.. and decided to get some pay back.

but skinned out when i downed two,for fear of a ground fight against two of them

Edited by TheShift

Red Lynx 23

This counts. This certainly does count. 

Van_Hellsing

Blackwater was so peaceful. A fellow named Arthur Morgan was giving away lake sturgeons. Maybe the Punisher in me can take a vacation. Normally, a quiet sunny day hunting ends up in a bitchfight. 

Now this nice fellow came over for a friendly chat. He liked it so much that he came back for seconds. I was really happy to oblige him. As always, service with a smile. 

Actually the feeling was more like:

13eebfe940_1408529768_Superieure-wapens-

Van_Hellsing
Posted (edited)

I have mixed feelings about the update. Hardcore griefers are now easy to spot. If a flaming red dot is moving straight for me, I shoot first. I nailed a few of these scumbags. 

More difficult are the social justice warriors or part time heroes. I had quite a few blue dots attacking me from behind. I just wasted them once and went on my merry way. They are usually a waste of time, ammo and bounty money. 

One blue dot really annoyed me. I do not attack blue dots unless provoked. I just came out from the post-office in Blackwater to pay off my bounty from defending myself from another blue dot. Ambushing is a provocation. 

2v15hb.gif

So it was time to hammer the message in his thick skull. 

The funny thing was that he started a feud. Dude, I just scraped your guts of my boots. And you were hardly a challenge. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Ektope
3 hours ago, Van_Hellsing said:

I have mixed feelings about the update. Hardcore griefers are now easy to spot. If a flaming red dot is moving straight for me, I shoot first. I nailed a few of these scumbags. 

More difficult are the social justice warriors or part time heroes. I had quite a few blue dots attacking me from behind. I just wasted them once and went on my merry way. They are usually a waste of time, ammo and bounty money. 

One blue dot really annoyed me. I do not attack blue dots unless provoked. I just came out from the post-office in Blackwater to pay off my bounty from defending myself from another blue dot. Ambushing is a provocation. 

2v15hb.gif

So it was time to hammer the message in his thick skull. 

The funny thing was that he started a feud. Dude, I just scraped your guts of my boots. And you were hardly a challenge. 

Do not forget that yesterday's daily challenge was to start or accept posse feud.

Van_Hellsing
3 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Do not forget that yesterday's daily challenge was to start or accept posse feud.

I hate challenges that involve pvp. And I was not in a posse. 

Ektope
3 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

I hate challenges that involve pvp. And I was not in a posse. 

I find it depends. Like headshots could be done really easily.

Red Lynx 23

Here's a double feature. First a rank twelve headshotting me with a Cattleman Revolver when I was paused and looking at the map.

Second is a rank forty four who rode up and shot me while I had a three star buck lassoed and was inching forward to stab it in the neck. 

Chrismads
5 hours ago, Ektope said:

I didn't have that one

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Here's a double feature. First a rank twelve headshotting me with a Cattleman Revolver when I was paused and looking at the map.

Second is a rank forty four who rode up and shot me while I had a three star buck lassoed and was inching forward to stab it in the neck. 

Respect! Especially for the lasso kill. You're the only other player I've seen using double schofield

Man one of u guys internet sucks lol. 

Edited by Chrismads

Van_Hellsing

This happened to me several times. Someone is starting a mission. They see my blip. Let's go over there, score a headshot and go on with the mission. Only to get a mouthful of lead. 

It completely defies logic. On a mission, you want to minimize risk and worry about players heading towards you. Not you seeking out danger. 

In retrospect, I should open fire far more quicker. After the griefer gets whacked he finally smartens up and invests me. I should have changed to the bastard, but I slip away. There was nothing to gain from sticking around. 

hugh750

i guess i get justice when i'm fighting griefers when i kill them and they go into parley or leave the session.🤣

Red Lynx 23

This guy here came after me as soon as I logged in. A Yolo Swag Kid judging by his name, "OGMasterKush". 

Van_Hellsing

Never Without One is the king of the ability cards. Griefers abuse their blue color. Sometimes blue colors ride just past you while on a mission. A lot of blues try to shoot you in the back. My hat flies off, I hammer them in the ground, I get a bounty, I turn red. - little rage-

Back on topic. You can not break out of the skinning and loading animations on your horse. Some heroes take advantage of the vulnerability. I decided to give some newbie an educational beat down. 

rae_97

Had someone nab one of the mailbags during a delivery mission. No biggie as I wouldn't have been able to deliver all the mail by myself. Turned out that player was part of a posse and one of his possemates had the bright idea of shooting me in the back after I handed off the last bag.

Stoakzee

@Chrismads Pretty sure I was in the same session as you yesterday 👀

Helping some random clear a gang hideout and then he kills me for no reason. Ok then.

ThaBirdCoot
13 minutes ago, Stoakzee said:

Helping some random clear a gang hideout and then he kills me for no reason. Ok then.

Rolling block, my nigguh 😁

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stoakzee said:

Hope I behaved. I was in a blood rush yesterday when some random blew me up lol

Edit. Apparently blood rush means getting a boner according to Urban dictionary. I mean I was furious, not horny

Edited by Chrismads

TheSadisticOwl

This isn't my clip, but I bet you folks are going to love this.

ALifeOfMisery
On 3/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, TheSadisticOwl said:

This isn't my clip, but I bet you folks are going to love this.

I tip my hat to that guy.

cnjhk3w.gif

Van_Hellsing
Posted (edited)

This has happened to me several times. I go online, first thing I do is to check the daily objectives. I notice a pvp challenge. I wonder how I pull it off, since I don't play showdowns. 

The spawn system is so atrocious, you get dumped amongst a bunch of griefers. Within minutes a schlemiel volunteers. 

The daily objective was: kill five players with the bolt action. I got the challenge rewards and a level increase. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Red Lynx 23

^You should have also loaded Express Explosive into the Carbine Repeater and killed him five more times.

Chrismads

I have no problem finding volunteers either.

Just spawn in Lemoyne and go through Saint Denis. 

Got jumped by 3 higher ranks yesterday at once. None of them survived. They finished my repeater challenge.

Van_Hellsing
13 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

^You should have also loaded Express Explosive into the Carbine Repeater and killed him five more times.

Rockstar's proprietary wackomatic™ spawn system to the rescue. As usual I got booted. Only to respawn in the middle of griefer's central. 

It takes forever for my horse to reach me. Some blue dots were eyeballing me. Some Rockstar exec had the bright idea that you spawn with zero deadeye. So I fumbled one kill. Silly design decisions made me pretty sure that Rockstar's execs do not play their own games. 

Team blue volunteers to help me win the daily objectives. 

Red Lynx 23

Bahaha! I'll have to craft one express explosive round and pay off that bounty next time I log in. But it was worth it. 

rae_97
Posted (edited)

Another example of R*'s fantastic spawn system at work. On the bright side, this charming gentleman helped me get to rank 74 so Jackdaw is getting a new saddle.

Edited by rae_97
Typo

TheSadisticOwl

This one was cut short by Rockstar's servers.

Griefer #1 - Killed a nearby random and came running towards me with one shell left in his double-barreled shotgun and learned the hard way that you should always reload your two-shot weapon after firing the first one. Was only saved from harsh punishment because Rockstar's servers decided to explode before the fight could continue.

Red Lynx 23
Posted (edited)

I got griefed while still loading back into free roam after playing Kill Them Each and Every One. So I did just that to a three member posse in Fort Mercer, then had to kill the mission host after he started shooting me in the back.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

GTP_Monkey
On 3/11/2019 at 4:13 AM, Red Lynx 23 said:

Bahaha! I'll have to craft one express explosive round and pay off that bounty next time I log in. But it was worth it. 

So wrong you get the bounty on you after shooting such arsewholes