4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

PRINCIPE DEVESTE EIGHT SUPERCAR AND DOOMSDAY WEEK

hei3enberg
2 hours ago, No Homing said:

Lol no one has been banned for glitches as far as I know.

at least on consoles, on PC that's the least of our concerns. You're essentially getting banned for playing the game.

Edited by hei3enberg

No Homing
12 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

at least on consoles, on PC that's the least of our concerns. You're essentially getting banned for playing the game.

True, that's a major issue.

Agent 14
6 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Has anyone thought that this week is basically a way for R* to find out who is cheating the Bogdan Final and ban wave them in time for the next DLC. They know people are abusing the Final and cannot stop it but they can f*ck over anyone that does it and what better way to catch more fish than to attract the fish to them?

Nah, bogdan re runs are totally difrerent from glitches like afk or car duping.

The person who gets paid finish the cutscense you still do the heist. Is not like good ol rooftop rumble where all you had to do was blow up the car and the mission would be done. Rockstar can't really tell who's running it and who isn't. Unlike the afk glitch that's going around with is more or less money drop and easy to pin point because ppl made millions out of thin air. 

The only way you'd get ban or money wiped for bogdan is if someone records you doing it and send evidence to rockstar. 

6 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Has anyone thought that this week is basically a way for R* to find out who is cheating the Bogdan Final and ban wave them in time for the next DLC. They know people are abusing the Final and cannot stop it but they can f*ck over anyone that does it and what better way to catch more fish than to attract the fish to them?

Nah, bogdan re runs are totally difrerent from glitches like afk or car duping.

The person who gets paid finish the cutscense you still do the heist. Is not like good ol rooftop rumble where all you had to do was blow up the car and the mission would be done. Rockstar can't really tell who's running it and who isn't. Unlike the afk glitch that's going around with is more or less money drop and easy to pin point because ppl made millions out of thin air. 

The only way you'd get ban or money wiped for bogdan is if someone records you doing it and send evidence to rockstar. 

Rafae S

The preps are the absolute worst f*cking things about these heists. Nothing more than an unnecessary burden.

Urban Legends
On 2/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, deadx23 said:

I haven't played doomsday heist yet so maybe I'll attempt them with randumbs, what could go wrong? 

Hahaha nice. This update came at a perfect time for me. Played right into my online progression being only 1 month old. A randumb helpe me last night we got through act 3 but it took a few hours. Gave them all the money for finale.. Like 2.06 milli. 

Lonely-Martin

Lil' man doing me proud, just the last setup and the Doomsday Scenario to go.

Awesome!

He started on just over $1m, sitting on $4m currently, and with the first time bonus, all as crew bonus, all in order, loyalty, and CMM II cash, should easily double up. (I give him 80% too). That'll get his nightclub set perfect and be set forever, happy days indeed. :)

No Homing
4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Lil' man doing me proud, just the last setup and the Doomsday Scenario to go.

Awesome!

He started on just over $1m, sitting on $4m currently, and with the first time bonus, all as crew bonus, all in order, loyalty, and CMM II cash, should easily double up. (I give him 80% too). That'll get his nightclub set perfect and be set forever, happy days indeed. :)

Father & Son of the year!

Lonely-Martin
Just now, No Homing said:

Father & Son of the year!

Lol, aww. That took me by surprise. I'm sure my lad would argue otherwise on many occasions though, lol.

Been great really, I do like to help folk on heists or 2x modes to get a bump and to now see how well it does first hand is quite satisfying TBH. All the criticisms aside, this game, well, any game can just offer so much beyond what's on the disk. :)

No Homing
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Lol, aww. That took me by surprise. I'm sure my lad would argue otherwise on many occasions though, lol.

Been great really, I do like to help folk on heists or 2x modes to get a bump and to now see how well it does first hand is quite satisfying TBH. All the criticisms aside, this game, well, any game can just offer so much beyond what's on the disk. :)

No father is perfect! ;)

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, No Homing said:

No father is perfect! ;)

So very true. No kid either, lol. He really loves chasing me in his Deluxo. 🤣🤣

No Homing
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Like all kids do 😛

Lonely-Martin

Sweet!!!

Took 46 mins, but that's all 3 CMM's done now. 

Buzzing after that atm. :) 

FrancisBlack
21 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

People always freak out when my son and I play together and other people join and hear us talking on the mics. They go "are you playing with your dad"? My son says "yeah my dad's a badass so he can carry his own. Don't worry he's good." Kids think it's weird but hey I know many adults who play this game. I know how to make cash and he's a little better in PVP but I'm catching up to him now especially with the bandito now it's so easy to cycle through MKII, Bandito, then ground combat and then back into MKII again or Bandito again. It's rare that I get beat now. 

Lonely-Martin
24 minutes ago, FrancisBlack said:

People always freak out when my son and I play together and other people join and hear us talking on the mics. They go "are you playing with your dad"? My son says "yeah my dad's a badass so he can carry his own. Don't worry he's good." Kids think it's weird but hey I know many adults who play this game. I know how to make cash and he's a little better in PVP but I'm catching up to him now especially with the bandito now it's so easy to cycle through MKII, Bandito, then ground combat and then back into MKII again or Bandito again. It's rare that I get beat now. 

Nice, great to hear others spending quality time together in a similar way. Does remind me though, a good few times I've jumped in jobs on my own when spamming on call and had a good few youngsters giggle at me being an older gamer, lol. I find it very amusing.

FrancisBlack
4 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Nice, great to hear others spending quality time together in a similar way. Does remind me though, a good few times I've jumped in jobs on my own when spamming on call and had a good few youngsters giggle at me being an older gamer, lol. I find it very amusing.

My ex complained that my son was playing too many games until I explained all the skills he uses in GTA, leadership, organization, managing multiple factors simultaneously, reflexes, strategy, money savings, work ethic, I could go on. It's definitely not a waste of time. 

Lonely-Martin
38 minutes ago, FrancisBlack said:

My ex complained that my son was playing too many games until I explained all the skills he uses in GTA, leadership, organization, managing multiple factors simultaneously, reflexes, strategy, money savings, work ethic, I could go on. It's definitely not a waste of time. 

Oh, I agree. Combined with a good education and fair understanding from parents to help them learn certain skills, while keeping it fun too as it is a game of course, much good can come of an online game like this. Though I've heard my share of 'bad' things out there, there's been many times a positive moment just brightens my sessions too. 

Joining a random heist and hearing a younger player that knows what they are doing and have good communication is always something I enjoy experiencing.

No Homing
On 2/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, Lonely-Martin said:

Sweet!!!

Took 46 mins, but that's all 3 CMM's done now. 

Buzzing after that atm. :) 

Nice!! Congrats!

hei3enberg
On 2/25/2019 at 5:11 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

Combined with a good education and fair understanding from parents to help them learn certain skills, while keeping it fun too as it is a game of course, much good can come of an online game like this

The only difficulty with grindy games is to keep it fun. Because there are better things to grind when you're young. I'm still busting my arse with French after 1 year and 5 months and I barely can pass B2 exam, for example (yeah, I want that C1 because I love the world approfondi in it, but that's not obtainable until 2020 and still I need to keep pushing). If only I have realized that I need to spend more time on languages when I was younger. However, that was not because of the games. I was just stupid, ignorant and stubborn kid who thought that English is enough. My point is not about the GTA, but about more stupid but nevertheless grindy games: it's a waste of time because gaming doesn't feel like rest. It feels like another work. 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Rashkovskys Shiv said:

In defence of the Doomsday heists, they aren't that bad. 

The 'invisible juggernauts' show up in just the first setup for Act 3,and when you equip thermal goggles, they are visible. The setups pay more than the regular heists and you can do them with fewer people to split the profits.

Valid points here about less people and more flexibility in terms of player splits. I don't think that DD requires any defense, IMO it's just mediocre to bad design plus it's not my cup of tea. It's not the worst update and the missions are quite unique. 

Edited by hei3enberg

Lonely-Martin
10 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

The only difficulty with grindy games is to keep it fun. Because there are better things to grind when you're young. I'm still busting my arse with French after 1 year and 5 months and I barely can pass B2 exam, for example (yeah, I want that C1 because I love the world approfondi in it, but that's not obtainable until 2020 and still I need to keep pushing). If only I have realized that I need to spend more time on languages when I was younger. However, that was not because of the games. I was just stupid, ignorant and stubborn kid who thought that English is enough. My point is not about the GTA, but about more stupid but nevertheless grindy games: it's a waste of time because gaming doesn't feel like rest. It feels like another work. 

Oh blimey, this place has been a bit of an eye opener in regards to foreign languages too. To see many non-english speakers learn my/our language to chat here is pretty cool. Like you, I was that same kid with my education and opportunities, lol. Spanish and German would be the two I'd like to learn, though life is a bit busy atm, hopefully one day though.

To be fair, my lad is similar to me in that he enjoys PvE, though he gets the occasional itch for PvP modes too. I won't let him in public just yet but off mic things like Adv modes or the arena are cool for him. And he loves to just go to the fort or altruist camp for some carnage up there. He loves a good 5 star wanted level too, lol.

Luckily through here I was able to join an original heists CMM run and that really did help as I used my lads account for that too as I'd already passed it on mine (thanks to the guys for being cool with that). It just opened the game up more giving him/us more missions. He doesn't really run businesses aside a few crates now and then, but now his nightclub is fully loaded, it's just a sale per week or so and close to a million a week will give him more cars/toys and he's so much more free to do whatever.

It's moments like that that really is forum gold. :)

hei3enberg
14 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

It's moments like that that really is forum gold. :)

Exactly!

Lonely-Martin
35 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

Exactly!

I was meant to add that I fully get yours and others complaints/displeasure with DDH too and that I didn't mean to appear insensitive to those issues you showed earlier in the thread.

It isn't for all, and the preps are a bit tedious and the NPC's are a bit buggy and that doesn't help either, lol. I more like it because it was offering a sizeable amount of PvE with little consequence for the PvP aspects as CMM runs are kept intact if killed on public preps, it definitely added to the list of crazy toys too but if they added more like that where we're not as forced, I believe it's a good thing.

Just to see an update like that long after these businesses really was a pleasent surprise to me. :)

hei3enberg
17 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I was meant to add that I fully get yours and others complaints/displeasure with DDH too and that I didn't mean to appear insensitive to those issues you showed earlier in the thread.

I get it and I'm okay with people and different opinions, but thanks for the words. DDH is not a piece of sh*t per se: there are issues, but the general idea is good. After all, there are much worse DLCs in general and in terms of PvE it's better than nothing.

Lonely-Martin
9 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

...it's better than nothing.

Somehow, I can just see that as a motto sat above Mr. Zelnick's office chair to remind himself that players shouldn't complain over things, lol.

In bright lights too. 🤣

ALifeOfMisery

New thread will be up as soon as possible after the Newswire is posted.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

luvsthedough

Holy blurping spit.

Taterman

Yowsa!

Robcat99

New event cargo stuff. Was anyone able to find out the shirts and how many? I’d assume 4 again plus a log-in. 

Natsuki
2 minutes ago, Robcat99 said:

New event cargo stuff. Was anyone able to find out the shirts and how many? I’d assume 4 again plus a log-in. 

Rebel Radio

Channel X

MTL

Jobuilt

No log in shirt.

ALifeOfMisery

New thread is up