2. Support

3. Suggestions

DragonFF - Blender GTA I/O

Parik

1 hour ago, youiwedie said:

I can't select individual materials

I clearly see unnamed.0 selected in your screenshot

13 minutes ago, LightVelox said:

Why all files exported with DragonFF always heavier(kbs) than normal?

It depends on what export options you select

it doesn't matter which material it selects, only unnamed.0 that selects the whole body works, but single selection does not work.

zfegdZT.png

4 minutes ago, youiwedie said:

it doesn't matter which material it selects, only unnamed.0 that selects the whole body works, but single selection does not work.

Check "Read Material Split" while importing

Hey. Thanks for such a cool plugin. I have a problem: in the steam version of Blender, when I export the skin, with some probability the program may simply close without any errors. Is it possible to fix this somehow?

Edited by Skive

Man i love your script, but he dont work with new materials, he works only if i take a material from a imported car, don't you think about making a new way of working with materials? like ZModeler?

23 minutes ago, ceec said:

new way of working with materials

Theres a 'DragonFF export material' section where you can set things up

kgHCfQ5.png

For textures add it to the base color as an image texture.

bzUuPQx.png

Hey, I am having trouble setting a glass-looking-shiny material (shader for a helmet)

Transparency works and all but the shiny-ness is just missing. Can't figure this out.

Is it even possible with this Blender addon? or do I need to revert to Blender 2.79 or even use 3ds (blah) for this?

6 minutes ago, deshawnw said:

Transparency works and all but the shiny-ness is just missing. Can't figure this out.

Hmm, you'll probably have to define the shiny-ness in the DragonFF Materials tab using the specular material option. What exactly are you trying to do and what have you tried already?

5 minutes ago, Parik said:

Hmm, you'll probably have to define the shiny-ness in the DragonFF Materials tab using the specular material option. What exactly are you trying to do and what have you tried already?

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

blh4ISi.png

I remember playing around with the speculation material level, but I did not put a texture in it, is it a must to have a shiny looking effect?

Also, when I set alpha in color (to get some transparency) I had issues in game, stuff you see through the material is kind of buggy (you could not see through skins etc.)

11 hours ago, deshawnw said:

Also, when I set alpha in color (to get some transparency) I had issues in game, stuff you see through the material is kind of buggy (you could not see through skins etc.)

I'll take a look into why that's not exported properly. Someone else also reported having similar issues.

11 hours ago, deshawnw said:

I remember playing around with the speculation material level, but I did not put a texture in it, is it a must to have a shiny looking effect?

It might be since all the existing models use a texture for it. You could find one "vehiclespecdot" in the vehicle shared texture file if you don't have one yourself.

2 hours ago, Parik said:

I'll take a look into why that's not exported properly. Someone else also reported having similar issues.

It might be since all the existing models use a texture for it. You could find one "vehiclespecdot" in the vehicle shared texture file if you don't have one yourself.

I'll try that and get back to you. Thank you very much for your time!

Okay, I tried taking the vehiclespecdot64.png and just included the directory of where it was: uNKIviU.png

I got 2 crashing messages after loading the helmet in game, couldn't get it to load.

U2RriiU.png

You just have to mention the texture name (i.e vehiclespecdot64) and put that texture in a txd file that the game can find.

5 hours ago, Parik said:

You just have to mention the texture name (i.e vehiclespecdot64) and put that texture in a txd file that the game can find.

Seems to work in game, I can't really tell the difference. What is a reference point for which level to choose? what would be an appropriate value?

Now I finally know why I couldn't find the system of transparency and primary colors, because they just didn't appear, it seems like a ridiculous question and I'm dumb, but it's not simple, when using a translation the fields just disappear.

Using the default language the fields appear:

kz7tMTp.jpg

But when I try to use a translation they just disappear, I tried 2 languages, PT-BR and RU, but in both they disappear:

ugDIh75.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the embarrassment.

I noticed a long time ago that on github mass export is marked as completed, is that so? If it is complete, how should it work? Mass export creates a file and nothing more

10 hours ago, Federation said:

I noticed a long time ago that on github mass export is marked as completed, is that so? If it is complete, how should it work? Mass export creates a file and nothing more

If you import multiple files in the same blender scene (or create multiple collections), when you mass export, each of the collections (or the dff's you imported) will have their own files. This can then help you edit multiple files in the same blender scene together (especially map files).

I get this error when importing infernus from gta vice city.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\gta\gui.py", line 280, in execute
    'group_materials': self.group_materials
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\gta\dff_importer.py", line 780, in import_dff
    dff_importer.import_dff(options['file_name'])
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\gta\dff_importer.py", line 753, in import_dff
    self.import_frames()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\gta\dff_importer.py", line 693, in import_frames
    obj.parent = self.objects[frame.parent]
IndexError: list index out of range

Only "chassis_hi" is imported.

Edit2

I tested all the VC/SA models, made a list of problematic models, in fact it is not the plugin, In ZModeler they import, but still with errors.

VC:

flatbad/infernus/jetmax/kaufman/police/predator/reefer/skimmer/stretch/tropic

SA:
bloodrb/rccam

Edited by ceec

20 hours ago, ceec said:

I get this error when importing infernus from gta vice city.

Fixed it in the latest GitHub commit. Thanks for reporting it 👍

Edited by Parik
  • Like 3

For me its just not working, when I try to install addon from file (zip), and then restart the Blender, nothing happens. There's no GTA addon on the list.

I have Blender 2.79b, coz one of my games that i try to modify has only 2.79b plugin...

Edited by Matrix717

1 hour ago, Matrix717 said:

I have Blender 2.79b, coz one of my games that i try to modify has only 2.79b plugin...

It doesn't work with 2.79 unfortunately, you'll either have to use an old version or a different add-on or use both 2.8 and 2.79.

18 minutes ago, Parik said:

It doesn't work with 2.79 unfortunately, you'll either have to use an old version or a different add-on or use both 2.8 and 2.79.

2.79b has better layout (ONLY for me) coz I'm begginer. Anyways thx for help, idk why its not working but ok.

14 minutes ago, Matrix717 said:

2.79b has better layout (ONLY for me) coz I'm begginer. Anyways thx for help, idk why its not working but ok.

Well I'm sure 2.8 is more intuitive for beginners especially with keyboard shortcuts, and it has more features in general anyway. If you stick with 2.79, you're gonna miss out on the new features or bug-fixes that the new Blender interface has to offer, and it'll probably be difficult to switch later anyway. 2.8 offers a 2.79 keybinds mode as well if you're used to the keybinds, and you shouldn't really have issues finding what's where in the new interface anyway.

The reason it doesn't work with 2.79 has to do with the fact that it had breaking API changes. It's not easy for an addon to support both 2.79 and 2.8.

Hey, i only just got into modding GTA SA recently and i am trying to export a helmet, but i keep getting this error https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/545257667011149847/697502594607611934/unknown.png

Ive weighted the helmet to the head node and everything else is connected but not weighted to the other nodes

i was able to export a .dff file as well that i had loaded in, didnt touch anything and exported to see if the game ran, and the re-exported .dff crashed the game

modifying and loading a .txd crashed my game too, what am i doing wrong lol

Edited by Hexillion
adding info

Can I make a suggestion? With the map importer, please do not integrate a pre-determined map section list. With custom map mods, this will prevent being able to import sections, the tool will only be searching for vanilla VC map sections in their respective locations.

Besides this, the plugin has been superb. I've been able to make player and vehicle mods with such incredible ease, something 3DS Max has never come close to achieving. Everything is fluid and simple to use. I can't wait for the development of the map and col features. Well done, team!

2 hours ago, haywire404 said:

Can I make a suggestion? With the map importer, please do not integrate a pre-determined map section list. With custom map mods, this will prevent being able to import sections, the tool will only be searching for vanilla VC map sections in their respective locations.

That's a valid suggestion, I do intend on making the tool read the gta3.dat file (or similar files) in the future, and also automatically import/export the models and texture files from the game archive files itself, effectively making it a suitable environment for map editing, but the current focus has been on perfecting and completing the DFF, COL, and TXD import/export. Moreover, the map importer was something that was contributed by someone else, I'll bring this up with them and if they can help with this as well.

2 hours ago, haywire404 said:

Besides this, the plugin has been superb. I've been able to make player and vehicle mods with such incredible ease, something 3DS Max has never come close to achieving. Everything is fluid and simple to use. I can't wait for the development of the map and col features. Well done, team!

Thanks ^^

32 minutes ago, Parik said:

That's a valid suggestion, I do intend on making the tool read the gta3.dat file (or similar files) in the future, and also automatically import/export the models and texture files from the game archive files itself, effectively making it a suitable environment for map editing, but the current focus has been on perfecting and completing the DFF, COL, and TXD import/export. Moreover, the map importer was something that was contributed by someone else, I'll bring this up with them and if they can help with this as well.

Thanks ^^

Integration with the archives would be phenomenal.