Edison Carter's Cheat Device (PPSSPP Emulator)

NSR1997

Hello everyone, does anybody know how to make the Cheat Device work on PPSSPP Emulator? 

I tried it the whole day but the cheat menu won't show up when starting the game.

It's only seen for like 1 frame when exiting the start menu but you can't choose anything.

Is there any other person in 2019 which is interested in that btw or has anyone else the same problem?

shreddinslash

Me and a certain friend have been trying to get it to work on the emulator. Since it's a plugin and PPSSPP does not support plugins yet, I don't think there's an easy way to use the cheat device with the emulator. I have heard, however, of a way to use the Cheat Device with a rooted device, I don't really know how though.

All that I can say is plugin support on PPSSPP, when?

I see, thanks for the information!

Have you tried the save game file which is supposed to load the cheat device?

I've tried that and it doesn't show up except for like one frame when I unpause the game, so I can't select any cheats...

The "Never fall off bike" cheat seems to be activated by default though and it actually works, so my theory is that the save game file method works in general, the menu for the cheats just doesn't work...

I can remember back in 2006 when I was a 9 years old me and my brother saw videos of these cheats on YouTube and were totally amazed by it and we would have loved to use these cheats too, but we were a little young to understand these technical things and also we discovered that the cheat device was never released for the German Version of LCS so we didn't had a chance anyway, that's why I hope there will be a solution to use it on PPSSPP soon, so I and eventually my brother can finally get that dream of our childhood fullfilled... :)

• Like 1

shreddinslash

I haven't tried the save file myself, but my friend I mentioned has. I wish there was a way to load plugins on the emulator soon, too. Would be amazing.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

@Shred N Slash 

Freakler's Cheat Device Remastered for GTA LCS/VCS have much more features and better performance it supports PPSSPP and it's 2 in 1 (one plugin for both games)

How to install:

Download the file package from this link:

http://cheatdeviceremastered.com

Open your file manager and extract the package you've downloaded, go to the PSP>PLUGINS and create a new folder named "cheatdevice_remastered" then go back to the file that you've extracted and copy these files:

plugin.ini

cheatdevice_remastered.prx

cheatdevice_names_lcs.ini

cheatdevice_names_vcs.ini

and paste them inside the "cheatdevice_remastered" folder that you've created, and finally copy the "CDR" folder and paste it inside the "PSP" folder and you're done! Now go to your PPSSPP Emulator and start your GTA LCS/VCS and press L1+Up to open the Cheat Device.

Edited by Alexvc

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2022 at 6:11 AM, Alexvc said:

@Shred N Slash 

Freakler's Cheat Device Remastered for GTA LCS/VCS have much more features and better performance it supports PPSSPP and it's 2 in 1 (one plugin for both games)

How to install:

Download the file package from this link:

Open your file manager and extract the package you've downloaded, go to the PSP>PLUGINS and create a new folder named "cheatdevice_remastered" then go back to the file that you've extracted and copy these files:

plugin.ini

and paste them inside the "cheatdevice_remastered" folder that you've created, and finally copy the "CDR" folder and paste it inside the "PSP" folder and you're done! Now go to your PPSSPP Emulator and start your GTA LCS/VCS and press L1+Up to open the Cheat Device.

the one exact cheatdevice thread reply i've been waiting for more than a decade! one that finally works on PPSSPP. i need to try this asap. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Ser das Trevas
On 28/03/2022 at 19:11, Alexvc said:

@Shred N Slash 

Freakler's Cheat Device Remastered para GTA LCS/VCS tem muito mais recursos e melhor desempenho suporta PPSSPP e é 2 em 1 (um plugin para ambos os jogos)

Como instalar:

Baixe o pacote de arquivos neste link:

Abra seu gerenciador de arquivos e extraia o pacote que você baixou, vá em PSP>PLUGINS e crie uma nova pasta chamada "cheatdevice_remastered" depois volte para o arquivo que você extraiu e copie esses arquivos:

plugin.ini

e cole-os dentro da pasta "cheatdevice_remastered" que você criou, e por fim copie a pasta "CDR" e cole dentro da pasta "PSP" e pronto! Agora vá para o seu emulador PPSSPP e inicie seu GTA LCS/VCS e pressione L1+Up para abrir o Cheat Device.

I installed, but it is giving error appearing a pink screen and asking to reset.