Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Len Lfc

Analyzing The Past to Predict the Future - Everything We Should Consider on the Road to GTA VI

Recommended Posts

DisCrafted

Not sure I believe in the "Project Americas" leak. It comes from the same people who said Microsoft wants to buy Silent Hills for 10 million dollars or something like that. But one of their reports which was about Dark Souls I think was true. I think when Dan made that comment he was indirectly trying to make people understand that VI isn't coming til sometime after 2020 (which I already expected). Also, if my memory serves right, many years ago (before the announcement of V) Dan said "Is there even one coming?" in response an interviewer's question about when GTA V would happen. And this interview was a few weeks before V's official announcement as well I think.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
On 3/26/2019 at 2:02 AM, silly_nate said:

This is an amazing thread. Great input from all of you, especially @Len Lfc. That first post is killer. Such nostalgia reading about V pre announcement. 👌🏼👍🏼

 

I strongly believe that the next game from R*, whether it’s Bully II, GTA VI, or something else, will be announced in October. Not necessarily this year though, although anything is possible. I also believe it will be released two years after it’s announcement. 

 

I’m sort of 50/50 on the “Project Americas” leak. Pairing it with Houser’s statements about Trump and the political climate and Miami in the 80’s being iconic, I can definitely see it being true and taking place in the 80’s. I guess like we all said in 2012 & 2017 (or should I say 2010 and 2015, pre announcements) only time will tell. 

Partially the reason for it. the nostalgia. This generation has been one of increasing gaps between games, which I'm a fan of, but I also miss frequent games. I can't think of a trilogy of games on this generation, like the last one (Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, BioShock to name a few)

 

I almost hope their next game is Bully II, if only so we have a new Rockstar game while we wait for GTA VI. Not counting RDR2, I mean similar to GTA V with Max Payne 3. I bought MP3 in release week, just because of GTA V.

 

As for Project Americas, the thread was about working with what we have, and trying to come up with reasonable conclusions. I don't definitively believe many leaks or rumours. But it's very interesting analysing them, and cross referencing other leaks or rumours. Past and present. Plus, what else do we have to do? lol

 

Ultimatelyatly, like I said. An awful lot of rumours turned out to be true with Rockstar the past few years. So it has to be taken more seriously.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:59 AM, DisCrafted said:

Also, if my memory serves right, many years ago (before the announcement of V) Dan said "Is there even one coming?" in response an interviewer's question about when GTA V would happen. And this interview was a few weeks before V's official announcement as well I think.

I remember those comments. I also remember their newswire Asked & Answered from a few weeks before they announced GTA V

 

October 5th 2011

 

Quote

“When are we going to see a new GTA????? #bestgameever” - received via Twitter
“When's the new grand theft auto coming out?” - received via Twitter

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook. 

 

An interesting response, considering they announced the game 21 days later

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted
25 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I remember those comments. I also remember their newswire Asked & Answered from a few weeks before they announced GTA V

 

October 5th 2011

 

An interesting response, considering they announced the game 21 days later

Yep, exactly. As we know Rockstar are always secretive. In conclusion, what they might or might not say regarding something coming in the future doesn't really matter. They're obviously not going to share their plans. 
Does anyone remember Hugh Langley btw? In early 2016 he reported that R* wanted to make a GTA set in Tokyo once in the past (during the GTA III days, trademarks for that stuff actually existed) and that VI had entered preliminary stages of development. He was also the same person that reported on the leaked map of RDR2, saying that it is indeed the real map + while R* was teasing RDR2 he tweeted that Rockstar might be dropping the trailer on Thursday as he's being told which happened of course. I think he had some connections.
This Project America leak is interesting too. Although I feel like anyone could come up with that. Female protag? Dan already talked about possibly having a female protag in the future. Vice City as the location? It's the most popular choice among people and one I honestly doubt Rockstar has made.

Edited by DisCrafted
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, DisCrafted said:

Yep, exactly. As we know Rockstar are always secretive. In conclusion, what they might or might not say regarding something coming in the future doesn't really matter. They're obviously not going to share their plans. 
Does anyone remember Hugh Langley btw? In early 2016 he reported that R* wanted to make a GTA set in Tokyo once in the past (during the GTA III days, trademarks for that stuff actually existed) and that VI had entered preliminary stages of development. He was also the same person that reported on the leaked map of RDR2, saying that it is indeed the real map + while R* was teasing RDR2 he tweeted that Rockstar might be dropping the trailer on Thursday as he's being told which happened of course. I think he had some connections.
This Project America leak is interesting too though. Although I feel like anyone could come up with that. Female protag? Dan already talked about having a possible female protag in the future. Vice City as the location? It's the most popular choice among people and one I honestly doubt Rockstar has made.

I wasn't aware of Hugh Langley, no. I'll have to look into all that over the weekend. For what it's worth, I don't ever see GTA leaving the US. Especially not for any kind of asian setting. I just don't feel it fits their style. And yeah, Rockstar can say anything they want, and do something differently weeks later. However, all they really said was that they were glad to not be releasing GTA VI now (2018) And I take that at face value. The rest about releasing during Trumps presidency, I feel is true based of estimates. Lets face it, 2 huge games like RDR2 and GTA VI aren't coming out with 2 years of each other. So that's a pretty safe statement to make.

 

yeah, it's a very easy leak to fake. That's why I laughed it off, and was really annoyed and disappointed that Rooster Teeth even reported it. It's only looking back at how these leaks for RDR2 turned out to be so accurate that I'm looking at it closer. 

 

Again, not saying I believe it's real now. Just looking at everything impartially, and trying to link the dots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted
6 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I wasn't aware of Hugh Langley, no. I'll have to look into all that over the weekend. For what it's worth, I don't ever see GTA leaving the US. Especially not for any kind of asian setting. I just don't feel it fits their style. And yeah, Rockstar can say anything they want, and do something differently weeks later. However, all they really said was that they were glad to not be releasing GTA VI now (2018) And I take that at face value. The rest about releasing during Trumps presidency, I feel is true based of estimates. Lets face it, 2 huge games like RDR2 and GTA VI aren't coming out with 2 years of each other. So that's a pretty safe statement to make.

 

yeah, it's a very easy leak to fake. That's why I laughed it off, and was really annoyed and disappointed that Rooster Teeth even reported it. It's only looking back at how these leaks for RDR2 turned out to be so accurate that I'm looking at it closer. 

 

Again, not saying I believe it's real now. Just looking at everything impartially, and trying to link the dots.

Agreed.
Hugh Langley used to write for Techradar (Not sure if he still does). I think some journos already know things (that's probably always the case tbh) but obviously they're not talking about it. No reason to do so either I guess. You'd potentially be putting someone's job at risk while reporting on something that is years away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChengizVlad09

@Len Lfc First off, kudos for the comprehensive research mate, really good job, quite insightful! 

 

Here's my 2 cents..

 

- Releasing a triple A game is a matter of business perspective above anything else, so that's the starting point, especially in case of T2, AAA behemoth. Business decisions, more often than not, are diametrically opposed to what would be the " wishes of gaming community ". Judging by that criteria, I cannot help but to think and view GTA VI from any other perspective other than the exact one upon which GTA V and RDR2 were conceived, created and released, a business model.

 

- Following the the major business trends inside the gaming industry we can most certainly speculate that GTA VI will possess two portions: Single player and 0nline portion (take a look at GTA V / 0nline, RDR2 / RDR 0nline for reference, kinda no-brainer).

 

- Single Player portion will be heavily based upon its " story " aspect, characters, moral implications and dilemmas and those in charge for " telling a story " will do their best to knock us from the ground with their literary skills and narrative full of twists and turns, especially not holding back to be even a bit pathetic in order to extract just one more emotion from us.

  - In terms of " General Gameplay " judging by GTA V/RDR2, it will be nothing ground breaking. Couple of things to smear our eyes with, few half-broken concepts and designs here and there just so that the " living, breathing and sprawling "  open world doesn't seem completely deserted and empty. 

  - Easy to figure out and almost idiotic mechanics in terms of 'driving', 'shooting' and 'fighting' aspects of the gameplay, so that the large, casual fan base can immediately jump into the action and be the ultimate " Scarface " or " Terminator " right out of the box.

  - No real skill or challenge will be provided. No real and " intuitive " AI. No real enemies. Low stakes, low rewards, but the developer and the publisher will use all they might in order to make it look as hardcore as possible. Just like GTA V and RDR 2, GTA VI will pass it self off as a tough cowboy or cunning godfather, when in reality it will be a kid's game.

  - There will be some cool scripted missions, judging by those two previous games. Bunch of explosions and sh*t. Other than that, I can see hilarious amount of time-consuming and idiotic " fetch quests " by which they will try to make it appear as there's something fitting and unscripted. I'd bet 10% of those will be kinda cool and interesting, with decent characters, while the rest will be unnecessary hustle at best.

  - Many sounds and all Visuals will be nothing short of amazing as always. That's the easiest way to impress us, considering they create the greatest impact making our first impression memorable.

  - I would say though, there will be one major aspect of the game, that will be crucial for single and as well for multiplayer portion of the game, something like heists, hmm, if I had to guess, I'd say we'll be seeing them return in VI, most likely with some tweaks in order to make them appear bigger and better than before. Probably the axis of the entire game, just like in V.

 

- 0nline portion. Microtransactions. Freemium gaming. In-game currency "items" costing almost double than the game itself. 

 

I've been contemplating with this small brain of mine and I figured, it is their business model that requires single player portion to be bombastic as hell while literally giving nothing in terms of gameplay. Nothing. Except unwanted hustle. You may wonder, how are their games good then, hell, amazing even? It's the good story. That's it. It's their alibi, it's their free-pass into the metacritic world of perfect scores, their everything. If suddenly they decided to introduce some light-hearted story, but keep every other aspect unchanged, let's say, just like in GTA V, or GTA IV for that matter, it would be an outrage, mass panic, that title would barely receive the passing grade. So we come to the 0nline portion and here's the Catch 22: We simply cannot have an amazing gameplay aspect with great concept and ideas, great designs and challenges, anything meaningful and enjoyable and based on skill because how in the world can we have all that when they decided WE NEED TO PAY in order to skip all that. Let me repeat that: PAY NOT TO PLAY THE GAME. Good single player game, based on great gameplay at least, is directly endangering 0nline portion where everything we need to do is to pay so we can skip that unnecessary and unwanted hustle. Grind for one whole week, repeat that mindless mission for thousands of times just so you can buy that golden gun or ugly ass car.

 

- Setting: Since it's popular and some leaks clearly suggested to Vice City, I would say there's no way it will be Vice City. It simply isn't interesting by today's standards. Not many 'bombastic' references as of lately. 80's and the cocaine mass hysteria was perfect back in the day when GTA wasn't so story based, imo, Vice has a great story, but it's not all that serious and crucial for the game itself and thus it somehow appears not to be adequate, at least to my eye. Which is highly subjective ofc. 

 

In short, I am of the firm belief that if they don't pull some serious ace this time around, we might see, for the first time, 'a bleeding god', our beloved franchise in jeopardy. It probably won't be nothing monumental, at least I hope, nobody will be on its knees (Bethesda FO76), maybe just a couple more serious hits from somewhat more independent reviewers downgrading their "flawless" ratings or good chunk of community raging about 0nline extortion, but in more vocal manner by definitely skipping on that bs - RDR2 0nline - or couple of more youtubers bashing their greedy policies, or simply put, decreasing sales. I have a feeling that this one has to be a game changer, because shareholders simply cannot be pleased with average.

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
On 2/28/2019 at 5:29 AM, el carlitos said:

Vehicle artist hired at R*India. Don´t know if India is the right place for this job. I can´t imagine an Indian guy with the knowledge and love for vehicles and there details as it is the case with many car entusiasts in US, Europe or Japan. Maybe this is the reason for the vehicle mess up we have.

 

I can't wait to see more cars with automatic gearboxes and three pedals

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damien Scott
On 3/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, ChengizVlad09 said:

- Setting: Since it's popular and some leaks clearly suggested to Vice City, I would say there's no way it will be Vice City. It simply isn't interesting by today's standards

Exactly. Besides that Vice City is too similar to Los Santos (beaches, rich people, sunny weather, etc) so I'm betting on a new city. In the US, of course.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmmm nice bike
On 3/29/2019 at 1:37 PM, Len Lfc said:

I almost hope their next game is Bully II, if only so we have a new Rockstar game while we wait for GTA VI. Not counting RDR2, I mean similar to GTA V with Max Payne 3. I bought MP3 in release week, just because of GTA V. 

I really hope we see Bully 2 or some other IP out before a new GTA, too. Kind of like in the old generation of consoles, it was nice to have another game by them to play in-between their main GTA releases. Of course, I also miss the days when we'd see a release from them every year, no matter how big or small the game was.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thefames
1 hour ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I really hope we see Bully 2 or some other IP out before a new GTA, too. Kind of like in the old generation of consoles, it was nice to have another game by them to play in-between their main GTA releases. Of course, I also miss the days when we'd see a release from them every year, no matter how big or small the game was.

 

GTA6 is 2 years away Bully 2 is 3 to 4 years away they just started on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
2 hours ago, Thefames said:

 

GTA6 is 2 years away Bully 2 is 3 to 4 years away they just started on it

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimd41
6 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I really hope we see Bully 2 or some other IP out before a new GTA, too. Kind of like in the old generation of consoles, it was nice to have another game by them to play in-between their main GTA releases. Of course, I also miss the days when we'd see a release from them every year, no matter how big or small the game was.

I'm pretty sure RDR2 is the gap filler of this gen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thefames
16 hours ago, Zello said:

Source?

 

There been numerous rumors that PlayStation 5 coming between 2020-2021 E3 2019 and E3 2020 is are something to watch 

Edited by Thefames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
3 hours ago, Thefames said:

 

There been numerous rumors that PlayStation 5 coming between 2020-2021 E3 2019 and E3 2020 is are something to watch 

Sure but what does that have to do with Bully 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheJesus1996

I'm expecting a announcement on fall of 2020 with a 2022 release date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrpotsworth

Very good read I totally agree with everything, i'm same as you was on the GTA V hype train before it was announced I looked all over GTA IV map for clues lol. https://imgur.com/a/Jm5amU5 

 

Rockstar seem to be dragging their feet with RDR Online the updates so far are laughable hopefully the player count continues to fall and Rockstar are forced to push out the bigger updates out to try pull the fans back in...

 

If the RDR Online ends up taking off like GTA Online did back in 2015 we are f*cked Rockstar and T2 are greedy and will squeeze every last drop of milk out of that cow 

 

The one good thing to come out of this is once GTA VI is here it will be made to last a decade that could be one of the reasons why it's taking so long story lines for Online and prepping updates 

 

I think once PS5 XboxTwo is here will see a announcement same as last time new logo then week later trailer 

Edited by mrpotsworth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust

I appreciate your work, @Len Lfc. Amazing post and deep, solid summary with a rich source material to back things up, I like how you're keeping the timeline. The only thing that gives me hope is the assumption, that they've started in 2013-14 as it happened with V when they have started in 2009. Considering how sh*tty game industry is now, I'm almost sure that I will not be playing in 2024 or later or won't even own a hardware. Eleven years is enough for me to write the franchise off, it's 1 year more than third of my life. Since 2013 I've only bought Forzas (5-7, Horizon 2-3, only tried 4 via the subscription and decided to keep $100) and two parts of Dirt Rally. That's it, that's my game purchase history. Not because I'm pirating other stuff, I can't even be arsed, the market is full of boring crap. I was using my GTX 980 up until 2018 when I've upgraded to 1080 Ti and I'm using the card more and more outside the games.

 

And also considering the input of @ChengizVlad09 I'm not really thrilled about the new game. Your list is almost all-inclusive, but let me throw in god-awful controls to the mix.

 

I was afraid that the things are looking like that and according to you guys I was afraid for a good reason. Probably, going to buy a wheel to play Dirt more competitively and be done with GTA.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thefames

Base on strong rumors and on going speculation GTA6 is now expected for Fall 2020 to Spring 2021

 

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Two is expect by Spring to Fall 2020 E3 2019 and E3 2020 is very important and Watch Dogs new game is expect next year set in London base on ongoing rumors. 

 

GTA6 could be launch title for Sony new PS5 it will also be on PS4 and Xbox One it pending on launch date or some exclusive content for PS5 owners  

 

Rockstar Games could make announcement on GTA6 anytime soon this year and Bully 2 can expect spring 2022 release date follow by Max Payne 4 so on

 

GTA Online support will be ending this summer 

 

GTA Online 2 could include Liberty City and Los Santos 

Edited by Thefames
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Average white guy
On 4/1/2019 at 11:38 AM, Damien Scott said:

Exactly. Besides that Vice City is too similar to Los Santos (beaches, rich people, sunny weather, etc) so I'm betting on a new city. In the US, of course.

I agree. Vice City and Los Santos are too damn similar to each other. Only difference being, Los Santos surrounded by desert and Vice city is on a peninsula. Plus, Vice City in present day doesn't have the same charm as Vice City in the 80's. That '80's coke' vibe isn't there, it's just humidity, old rich people, and petty street crime like LS. Long story short, Vice City would only feel right if it's set in the 80's and I don't think Rockstar will ever go back in time again. In-game phones and internet shopping have become too convenient for players. Not only that, most players probably won't want to give up modern cars. Especially the younger players. I'm betting on either San Fierro or Las Venturas. Or Rockstar could throw us a curveball and set GTA 6 in new city.

 

 

 

Edited by Average white guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damien Scott
29 minutes ago, Average white guy said:

Long story short, Vice City would only feel right if it's set in the 80's and I don't think Rockstar will ever go back in time again.

Yeah, there's no reason to go back in time anymore, they already showed VC in the 80s, LS in the 90s and LC in the 00s. SF and LV are very unlikely IMO, there's nothing going on there nowadays. That's why I'm betting on Carcer City (Chicago and/or Detroit), plenty of crimes and they could add snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thefames

Rumors so far for GTA6 nothing been confirmed a European Game developer has stated 

 

GTA6 could take place in two cities return of Vice City Miami metro area and Liberty City NYC/New Jersey metro areas largest map ever in GTA map it will take place in 2020 modern day

 

Release Date between September 2020 and April 2021(if delayed)

 

Sony reportedly working with Take Two for  GTA6 exclusive contents 2 to 3 weeks of in game contents before Xbox Two get it

 

GTA6 first trailer will showcase on PlayStation 5

 

GTA6 will release on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Two for next year

 

Next Gen consoles will have more features than PS4 and Xbox One

 

Rockstar Games will make announcement about Grand Theft Auto 6 this year  

 

Liberty City and Vice City will be much larger than before

 

 

Playstation 5 been confirmed by Sony won't release this year or name for it yet 

Edited by Thefames
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waingro

 

Multiple cities will likely be used. See Red Dead 2 for proof of concept.

 

I could see the concept of "empire" (for multiple cities, think like Breaking Bad "empire" building and management. Trevor has a kind Bud lite version of this in GTA V) perhaps something political, or  using the increasing economic inequality as satirical basis.

 

San Fran could be useful to that end, but I'm ambivalent as to what specific city is chosen.  

Multiple protagonists also likely, with playing adversaries/both sides also possible (cop vs robber, Housers love the film Heat so much and have yet to touch that aspect). 

Personally, I'd like to see multiple cities across multiple decades/instances. Your character(s) through the 80's/90's/2000's. Each decade in a different city. Now there's a moonshot. 

We won't see anything until we're well into next gen. Anyone who says "next two years" is a gasoline huffing clown.

Edited by Waingro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
5 hours ago, Damien Scott said:

Yeah, there's no reason to go back in time anymore, they already showed VC in the 80s, LS in the 90s and LC in the 00s. SF and LV are very unlikely IMO, there's nothing going on there nowadays. That's why I'm betting on Carcer City (Chicago and/or Detroit), plenty of crimes and they could add snow.

Las Venturas in the 70s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
On 4/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, mrpotsworth said:

Very good read I totally agree with everything, i'm same as you was on the GTA V hype train before it was announced I looked all over GTA IV map for clues lol. https://imgur.com/a/Jm5amU5 

I remember that. I think, if I recall correctly, it was always there, from the beginning. But we all thought it was added with TBoGT. Who else remembers "Liberty City, it's over!" Good times :)

 

On 4/15/2019 at 12:29 AM, hei3enberg said:

I appreciate your work, @Len Lfc. Amazing post and deep, solid summary with a rich source material to back things up, I like how you're keeping the timeline. The only thing that gives me hope is the assumption, that they've started in 2013-14 as it happened with V when they have started in 2009. Considering how sh*tty game industry is now, I'm almost sure that I will not be playing in 2024 or later or won't even own a hardware. Eleven years is enough for me to write the franchise off, it's 1 year more than third of my life. Since 2013 I've only bought Forzas (5-7, Horizon 2-3, only tried 4 via the subscription and decided to keep $100) and two parts of Dirt Rally. That's it, that's my game purchase history. Not because I'm pirating other stuff, I can't even be arsed, the market is full of boring crap. I was using my GTX 980 up until 2018 when I've upgraded to 1080 Ti and I'm using the card more and more outside the games.

Thank you. I just felt we needed something organised, and based of solid facts, then speculate from there. Way too much wild speculation and wishing, for me. 

 

I get what you mean about it being too long of a wait. But let's be honest, as soon as it's announced, we'll all be right back here like excited children at christmas lol

On 4/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, Thefames said:

Rumors so far for GTA6 nothing been confirmed a European Game developer has stated 

 

GTA6 could take place in two cities return of Vice City Miami metro area and Liberty City NYC/New Jersey metro areas largest map ever in GTA map it will take place in 2020 modern day

 

Release Date between September 2020 and April 2021(if delayed)

 

Sony reportedly working with Take Two for  GTA6 exclusive contents 2 to 3 weeks of in game contents before Xbox Two get it

 

GTA6 first trailer will showcase on PlayStation 5

 

GTA6 will release on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Two for next year

 

Next Gen consoles will have more features than PS4 and Xbox One

 

Rockstar Games will make announcement about Grand Theft Auto 6 this year  

 

Liberty City and Vice City will be much larger than before

 

 

Playstation 5 been confirmed by Sony won't release this year or name for it yet 

That is one that I don't know what to think about. If I'm not mistaken, was this the same person? People? Source? That leaked specs and detail for PS5 and has since been proven correct? If so that gives them more credibility, however it begs the question as to how they would know this...

 

Also, a european developer is pretty broad. Hell it could even be Rockstar North themselves lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust
5 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

That is one that I don't know what to think about. If I'm not mistaken, was this the same person? People? Source? That leaked specs and detail for PS5 and has since been proven correct? If so that gives them more credibility, however it begs the question as to how they would know this...

Don't think it's realistic, honestly. 2020 means they have started some time ago and there are no proofs that they're really working on the next GTA up to that point. Plus, if they are, we're talking about the game built for current generation of consoles and not for the next. It also took 1 year with some change to polish the V for X1/ PS4 release, but in this case it may change since the differences are not going to be as dramatic between the generations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
3 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Don't think it's realistic, honestly. 2020 means they have started some time ago and there are no proofs that they're really working on the next GTA up to that point. Plus, if they are, we're talking about the game built for current generation of consoles and not for the next. It also took 1 year with some change to polish the V for X1/ PS4 release, but in this case it may change since the differences are not going to be as dramatic between the generations.

I'm not saying I believe it outright. I just means it gives it a little more credibility. I think what the reality may be, IF it is even true (I give it a 15% chance of being true, until we know more) it may be Rockstars early estimate for a release date. And we all know how well they stick to those. Ultimately though. If it were planned for late 2020 at the earliest it'd have been announced already. Unless they have a platform exclusive deal (which they say they do) and it's planned for an announcement along side PS5.

 

I think it's possible. I just wouldn't bet on it, or expect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
el carlitos

After the last interview of SONY giving the first information on the hardware of the PS5 it´s quite safe to say that developers has already a Devkit available.

Also I guess that a DEVKIT is not necessary to start programming a game as everything is programmed on a PC anyway. I´m talking about map, vehicles, buildings, etc. So R* could actually already be in an advanced stage. Right now they could be working on Motion capture, recording sound files, details and whatever. If we consider they started 4 or even 5 years ago, 2021 or 2022 is quite realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChengizVlad09

It is definitely going to be interesting to see what they have in mind when it comes to release date. From what's really easy to conclude, is that they will aim to release it on current gen and then re-release it on next. I mean, that's what money speaks at least. Sony officially said they won't be releasing next gen this year, so maybe 2020 holiday season, maybe even further down the line? In any case time works in Rockstar's favor here in regards to afforementioned system of release and it gives them additional time for developing the game.

 

If this could be close to truth and if they initially had other games in mind, they'll drop everything and attack the development of the next GTA - or they already done that - because that's where the real money is at... In conclusion; we could even see new GTA a bit 'earlier' than most of us expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thefames

Things to keep in reminder 

 


Keep in mind GTA5 was release September 2013  PS4  and Xbox One was release in November 2013

 

 

 PlayStation 4 was announce in February 2013 also Xbox One in May 2013 for Holiday 2013 release

 

 

Last Year there was a rumor dev kits already in hands of some trusted developers

 

 

GTA5 release November 2014 for X1 and PS4(little over year from 360 and PS3 release) PC release April 2015

 

 

GTA4 2008

 

GTA4 DLC Packs 2009/Early 2010 for PS3 and PC

 

Red Dead Redemption 2010

 

LA Norie 2011

 

Max Payne 3 May 2012


GTA 5  September 2013 

 

 

Why the issue for GTA6 not coming in 2020 or 2021 ? Why you guys aim for 2022 and 2023 when GTA5 came out two months before next gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One *R re-release them year later.  GTA6 is next game before Agent, Max Payne 3, Bully 2. The PS5 and Xbox Two I agree *R have more way to improve no limits.

 

Rockstar Game have 2,500 employees across 9 studios Read Dead Redemption 2 been worked for seven year which the project started since 2011 till 2018. I will predict that GTA6 development started around late 2014 to early 2015 time frame was slightly delay due to Read Redemption 2 which needed almost all staff. 

Edited by Thefames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChengizVlad09
47 minutes ago, Thefames said:

 

Last Year there was a rumor dev kits already in hands of some trusted developers

 

I think that has been confirmed as of lately as well. Don't hold my word for it though, but I'm fairly certain Sony already handed out dev kits for the developers to get familiar with the system, at least that was the (official) news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.