Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Len Lfc

Analyzing The Past to Predict the Future - Everything We Should Consider on the Road to GTA VI

Recommended Posts

Journey_95

Good post, some interesting info here how the last two Rockstar games releases went down.

 

A GTA VI announcement in 2022 would definitely be disappointing but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. It's not just Rockstar not making more games because they get so much money from GTA:O, in general developers seem to take much longer for games these days.

 

I still hope we get an announcement next year at least and a release in 2022, that would be ok

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vladicorp

This is interesting Analysis but I really hope that the reality is different and th GTA VI will be announces earlier. Also hope they will not loose time making games like bully or midnight club... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
___Lessy___

Awesome work, mate!

Most people don't realize the amount of work which should the developers make, the difficulty of work and the pressure from a gaming society if they want to lead the gaming industry. Let's not forget about copy-paste games from the developers which drop every year or two...

When R* writes a book, the rest are just making new chapters for it, but no more than that...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
13 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

Good post, some interesting info here how the last two Rockstar games releases went down.

 

A GTA VI announcement in 2022 would definitely be disappointing but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. It's not just Rockstar not making more games because they get so much money from GTA:O, in general developers seem to take much longer for games these days.

 

I still hope we get an announcement next year at least and a release in 2022, that would be ok

At DICE, just recently, Shawn Layden said something very similar, making the point about making sure you make great games, even if it takes longer.

 

6 hours ago, vladicorp said:

This is interesting Analysis but I really hope that the reality is different and th GTA VI will be announces earlier. Also hope they will not loose time making games like bully or midnight club... 

I just can't see how they could start development, and have enough to show and announce, in less than 3 years. It took 2 and a half years for GTA V, and look how different the game was at release, compared to Trailer 1. Rockstar aren't happy with making a game that is as good as their last game. They constantly want to innovate and improve. On the verge of a new generation, the new hardware will allow them to do that, easier. But making bigger better games always takes longer. 

 

Trust me, I wish they announced it this year, but... it's just incredibly unlikely. Having said that, I've learned never to make any bets, even when you're 99.9% sure lol

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Legomanarthur

Great work man, it's a good way to look back on the production stages of these two games as well as the leaks and the official announcements by R*.

 

As disappointed as I am seeing that GTA VI will probably not happen anytime soon, I am still hopeful that the game will take place in VC, as it's been the location I wanted to see being revisited way before the first trailer of GTA V was released. Somehow, I think that R* pretty much prepared us for such a long, long wait (from my point of view at least). Back when GTA V's first trailer was released we did not get any info until summer 2012, which seemed to be an eternity, then another long wait for the second trailer along with an obvious delay and another long wait until the third trailer was released and so on. I think Rockstar's way of staying silent for months and months shaped our expectations and our ability to wait for a longer period of time than before when it comes to their future games; but once again that is how I feel about this whole situation. And no matter how patient I am, I still kinda wish that R* would release at least two games relatively close to each other. I really want to see a new Bully but at the same time I also want to see what GTA VI will bring us. Waiting years and years after the release of only one game is painful when you think about all the possibilities that they could bring us.

Now what I wonder is if the next GTA will follow GTA V's footsteps story-wise or if it will come back to a more serious and grounded story like GTA IV. I have never played RDR 2 because I do not own any of the current consoles, but from what I have seen it seems to be a really serious story that really complements its predecessor's universe with a great gameplay experience. With GTA O going full Saints Row, I just wonder if they'll continue down that road with the singleplayer of the next installment or if they'll keep the crazy stuff for Online only, which would be ideal in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Up2NoGood45
7 hours ago, ___MissT___ said:

Awesome work, mate!

Most people don't realize the amount of work which should the developers make, the difficulty of work and the pressure from a gaming society if they want to lead the gaming industry. Let's not forget about copy-paste games from the developers which drop every year or two...

When R* writes a book, the rest are just making new chapters for it, but no more than that...

I'm still amazed at the quality and the detail of this game all these years later.  It makes me laugh when I catch myself complaining about something.  I remember playing Battlefield 1942 for hours with friends and thinking games couldn't get any better.  Now it's unplayable the graphics are so bad.  Rockstar made a masterpiece but the appreciation doesn't last for long.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemoyne outlaw

that was a good read thanks. i really hope we dont have to wait that long. i would not mind as much if we got at rdr 2 singleplayer dlc. or maybe another game like bully 2 or max payne 4 while we wait for gta 6. i dont expect a new gta anytime soon. but i just hope rockstar keeps us busy with new content for rdr 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquamaniac
23 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

Good post, some interesting info here how the last two Rockstar games releases went down.

 

A GTA VI announcement in 2022 would definitely be disappointing but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. It's not just Rockstar not making more games because they get so much money from GTA:O, in general developers seem to take much longer for games these days.

 

I still hope we get an announcement next year at least and a release in 2022, that would be ok

This is not surprising, the development of video games has become as expensive as making blockbuster movies, sadly this means games must appeal to the mainstream and not cover some niches which leads to less artistic freedom.

Edited by Aquamaniac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
7 hours ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

I'm still amazed at the quality and the detail of this game all these years later.  It makes me laugh when I catch myself complaining about something.  I remember playing Battlefield 1942 for hours with friends and thinking games couldn't get any better.  Now it's unplayable the graphics are so bad.  Rockstar made a masterpiece but the appreciation doesn't last for long.

Exactly! I replayed through GTA III, VC & SA last August, for the Platinum Trophies (Vice City is a bitch!) and as much as I love them, they really age. Where at the time, it was hard to see games being better than that! And here's the thing, when GTA 6 comes out, many people will think GTA V was better, like they thought GTA IV was better than V. It's cyclical. Not that I disagree, GTA V was amazing, but it did lack some of what made 4 so special and fun, and 'new'

 

6 hours ago, confederatestatesgta said:

that was a good read thanks. i really hope we dont have to wait that long. i would not mind as much if we got at rdr 2 singleplayer dlc. or maybe another game like bully 2 or max payne 4 while we wait for gta 6. i dont expect a new gta anytime soon. but i just hope rockstar keeps us busy with new content for rdr 2.

 Rockstar did keep us busy with content for GTA Online, for 5 years, between GTA V and RDR2. And they still are. I have no doubt they will keep us busy for another 5 years, too. The problem is, most of us are single player gamers (not that we don't or can't enjoy online games too, or from time to time) and only getting online content sucks. My personal thoughts are that RDR isn't as mainstream popular as GTA, so it's a lot more likely to see more traditional content for it, instead of solely RDR Online updates. The problem is besides 'silly' DLC like Undead Nightmare or aliens, there's little room for story content. A prequel, sure. Or the speculated RDR1 remaster. But Rockstar could just bank on keeping GTA Online going, and RDR Online isn't even out of Beta yet. I think Rockstar could be more than happy with  just doing online updates while they focus on their next big game, instead. Online makes them millions each month, so they don't need to force content out to fund projects. While annoying for us single player gamers, I feel it does allow us to get bigger and better games less often, than smaller good ones more frequently. We just don't know...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HOW'S ANNIE?

My thoughts are, what happens when GTA Online becomes too unstable to play with how many updates they've piled on top of each other? It's bound to happen, and possibly very soon with how it plays (which may be another good reason updates aren't as frequent any more).

 

Once GTA Online's finished there goes a significant portion of Rockstar's income. And since RDRO seems very likely to be a flop I'm sure there'll be added pressure to release a game soon. GTA or otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
3 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

My thoughts are, what happens when GTA Online becomes too unstable to play with how many updates they've piled on top of each other? It's bound to happen, and possibly very soon with how it plays (which may be another good reason updates aren't as frequent any more).

 

Once GTA Online's finished there goes a significant portion of Rockstar's income. And since RDRO seems very likely to be a flop I'm sure there'll be added pressure to release a game soon. GTA or otherwise.

One of the things I always admired about Rockstar was that they let their games rest. After GTA IV, they moved onto Red Dead Redemption, and that became their focus. If you were a regular reader of their newswire or followed their twitter. After TBoGT, and subsequently RDR1, they mostly forgot about GTA again. Same happened, to a lesser extent when L.A. Noire released, and the same again when Max Payne 3 was ramping up.

 

However, now that they have GTA Online, which is a seperate ongoing game, that has changed. It was part of the reason we were so hyped for the next GTA. When it was announced in October 2011, it had been 3 and a half years since GTA IV, but it felt like forever because they stopped talking about GTA. It doesn't feel that way anymore, as they're constantly talking about GTA Online updates, etc.

 

Strauss Zelnick admitted in 2016 that GTA Online has to end eventually, and the series has to rest. It is my belief that they know a series going away is what creates demand and desire for a sequel years later. The problem is that was 2 and a half years ago, and GTA Online is still getting updates. I personally don't know or understand how stability works, but I've heard that over the years, and it's still going strong. But If GTA Online continues to receive updates then either Take Two/Rockstar are just happy to continue to keep their players happy and concede on resting the online series (which admittedly is out of their hands. It's so big, players will keep playing regardless. People still played GTA IV online until V released. The difference is V is so much bigger and 'more exciting' to them). GTA V, the single player portion of GTA has been rested. For example, if you played GTA IV multiplayer, did you feel like you had time to rest from GTA? The series paused, but you still played it. Or GTA Online will get rested at some point, updates will stop, but players will naturally keep playing. And that will give us a clue to when to expect news on a future GTA title. I just have no idea on when, or how long to estime these things could take.

 

Games are different now, though. I think you can get away with not fully resting a series. The online portion is so different from the single player, that they might just decide it's being rested and supported simultaneously... I have no idea there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc

Just a small update. When I wrote this, I was weary of going into too much detail. Didn't want it to be too long. So I missed out some small things. As I looked into them, I feel as though they are more important than I might have initially though. As always take it with a grain of salt.

 

So, back on Neogaf, the user I referred to who worked for Rockstar until 2012 mentioned that it WON'T be Vice City. And that it is likely one of the 4 options listed in the quoted thread. 

Quote

Small town gta - tight stories, scheduled characters, ridiculous levels of ambience, every home interior modelled. Every building enterable. More realism - if your wanted you are on the run for a while.

 

Vegas 1970s- CASINO?

 

Somewhere snowy - chicago/detroit

 

Mexico City

I don't quite know what to make of this. Personally, I would trust Ash. And I'm almost certain he is a member here. If you ever read this, I hope you don't mind me doing all of this, but you seem to have some useful knowledge, so my options are limited :p I don't feel there is much to be gained from making any of this up. usually when people do, they aren't so subtle. But also, plans change. I've always personally believed that the location could be anywhere within the US. And never believed that it WOULD BE Vice City. This thread has just been about putting the pieces together, and Vice City seemed logical, to me.

Ash also commented on Twitter about RD Online not performing as well as hoped, which could lead to a PC release coming sooner than expected. Although he's not sure what that means for SP content. I only bring this up, as if RD Online isn't as big as hoped (although remember it took GTA Online a while to get rolling, and RD Online is still in Beta) it could encourage Rockstar to release future content sooner than if they had the luxury of time, due to critical and financial success of Online modes. Whether that be DLC, or new games, just a thought.

 

Another piece of information was from September 2015, [Original Source]where Rockstar started hiring for more jobs. They seemed to relate to a stealth based game, but as we know, in the past 3 years nothing seems to match that. My point is, job listings can be misleading, or for projects that may get cancelled, or postponed. There was a recent job listing (which is already mentioned above) for 'Technical Artists to "Create next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects" The point being it's Rockstar India, and that's not something you'd expect to hear. At least not in relation to GTA 6, or their next major AAA open world game. Ultimately, my point is all that could end up leading to nothing, or having little to do with their next game. 

 

I know that might sound a bit pointless. All that, just to say maybe don't expect anything. But, I thought it was worth addressing. I do find it interesting that they say "Upcoming projects" though. Projects, plural. Not project. Hmm...

 

If anyone else has any thoughts or theories. Or anything at all to share, I'd love to hear it. I know RDR2 is still fresh out the door, and Online is still in beta. But in terms of their next game. There's not a lot to goon, and I'm itching for something to discover/talk about lol

 

(Hopefully I can edit this update into the original post above, tomorrow)

Edited by Len Lfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
el carlitos

https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/openings

R* Hiring like hell. 100% working on GTA VI.

This one is interesting. Quite safe to say that GTA6 will be next gen game for PS5 and XBOx whatever it will be called.

 

Enviroment terrain artist

 

RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.

 

Vehicle artist hired at R*India. Don´t know if India is the right place for this job. I can´t imagine an Indian guy with the knowledge and love for vehicles and there details as it is the case with many car entusiasts in US, Europe or Japan. Maybe this is the reason for the vehicle mess up we have.

Edited by el carlitos
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

The word 'next-gen' is flexible and isn't necessarily indicative of the platform. R* usually uses the word 'next-gen this and that' in every job posting. In any case, they're definitely having GTA 6 in production at some stage and I believe it's their next project. The setting could indeed come as a surprise in that it will be a new one and not based on a fictional setting that was featured in the series so far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

Now that we know that every game produced by Rockstar will be a collaboration between all of the R* Studios,it makes sense that they're hiring for full time jobs especially after RDO "failure" to work on a another project that could keep the bank account high for T2. We all know that RDR2 and especially RDO won't be able to last as much as GTA5 and GTAO did. More people making a game can make it releasing faster but at the same time,R* is looking to push the boundaries after every release. To do so,they need more man power and more time so at the end i don't think they would be able to release a new game in less than 2 years(more like 3 to 5 years). Just my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
6 hours ago, el carlitos said:

https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/openings

R* Hiring like hell. 100% working on GTA VI.

This one is interesting. Quite safe to say that GTA6 will be next gen game for PS5 and XBOx whatever it will be called.

 

Enviroment terrain artist

 

RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.

 

Vehicle artist hired at R*India. Don´t know if India is the right place for this job. I can´t imagine an Indian guy with the knowledge and love for vehicles and there details as it is the case with many car entusiasts in US, Europe or Japan. Maybe this is the reason for the vehicle mess up we have.

That's a fantastic link! I'll be sure to edit it into the main post with credit to you! I touched on them hiring again on the part dated January 6th 2019. I just used a link to an article about it. I didn't write much about the fact that one of the job listing was for India, but again, I touched on it in my post a couple of days ago. I just don't think it means a lot. Sure, I get it, it sounds... strange. We're used to thinking of Rockstar as a British lead, English/Scottish and American company. But at the end of the day, the developers all do as they're told. It's the higher ups who 'create' For lack of a much better way to put that.

 

30 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

The word 'next-gen' is flexible and isn't necessarily indicative of the platform. R* usually uses the word 'next-gen this and that' in every job posting. In any case, they're definitely having GTA 6 in production at some stage and I believe it's their next project. The setting could indeed come as a surprise in that it will be a new one and not based on a fictional setting that was featured in the series so far. 

Is it flexible? I've only really heard them use it before when working on the as of then unannounced RDR2(Although I can't find any articles from that time anymore, sadly). Which was next gen at the time of the hirings (around september 2014). In the gaming industry, the term next gen is pretty much used for the next or new consoles. I'm not saying your wrong. Just, I think it's a pretty safe bet. And considering they're pretty much all but confirmed to release next year, I can't see it meaning anything else.

 

One other thing to consider is, if GTA VI is their next big innovative game (which it will be), not counting the possibility of a small 'in between' game. Rockstar won't want to release GTA VI, a huge 'everyone wants to buy it' game on consoles that not many people have. They will want to release on systems that have a decent sized install base. I'm not saying it will be cross gen. If it were, I doubt they'd be able to achieve their lofty ambitions. But I think it's safer to assume a later release. 2 or 3 years into a generations life cycle. Or maybe not, and GTA VI just sells itself, and will do overtime because GTA Online 2 lol

 

9 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Now that we know that every game produced by Rockstar will be a collaboration between all of the R* Studios,it makes sense that they're hiring for full time jobs especially after RDO "failure" to work on a another project that could keep the bank account high for T2. We all know that RDR2 and especially RDO won't be able to last as much as GTA5 and GTAO did. More people making a game can make it releasing faster but at the same time,R* is looking to push the boundaries after every release. To do so,they need more man power and more time so at the end i don't think they would be able to release a new game in less than 2 years(more like 3 to 5 years). Just my opinion.

I just can't see them ever 'rushing' a GTA game out. Not even by hiring more staff to theoretically get work done faster. I'd say that may be indicative of trying to make working conditions better, in light of the recent controversy of their working conditions. And I suggest we wait to see how RDO does over the next few months. Maybe wait until it's out of beta? Although I certainly agree, RDO will NEVER be as big or popular as GTA Online. It's just not a genre that garners as much popularity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

At least for R*, I think the term is flexible. I remember reading job postings mentioning 'next-gen this and that' since 2015, after the release of current consoles by 2 years. It's wording/marketing and I'd prefer not to obsess about it. As for GTA 6, surely it's a next-consoles title, and is likely not coming before 2.5-3 years after their launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
47 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

likely not coming before 2.5-3 years after their launch

Same as what I'm predicting. But that only means an announcement a year into their release. Anyone else thinking Sony could be negotiating another 'exclusive' deal with them, certainly for marketing, and inevitably DLC/updates. There has to be a bidding war between Sony & Microsoft. Looking back at E3 2006, Microsoft could make a statement of intent if they got to reveal the next GTA at E3. Not this year, just generally thinking for the future. As much as I expect Rockstar to do their own thing, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Sony announcing GTA V on PS4 doesn't quite count, as it wasn't a new game at that point. But, an interesting thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted

Nice analysis. My prediction is a 2021 announcement (which would be a year after the release of NG consoles) and a release in 2023. Makes sense if you think about it. I do wonder what Rockstar's plans are for the next decade... VI, New IP and then RDNext? Especially with how long these games take to develop nowadays.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
1 hour ago, DisCrafted said:

Nice analysis. My prediction is a 2021 announcement (which would be a year after the release of NG consoles) and a release in 2023. Makes sense if you think about it. I do wonder what Rockstar's plans are for the next decade... VI, New IP and then RDNext? Especially with how long these games take to develop nowadays.

Honestly, if it takes then 5 or so years for full development, then maybe just the next GTA. A lot of people are suspecting Bully. I'm not sure if that's because of the old concept art leaks, and other rumours, or if there's more to it. However, there is this, from February 13th 2012

 

Quote

“Hey R* is there gonna be something more about L.A. Noire?” - Dezpoztomuz

 

While there won’t be any more DLC or additional content for the current release of L.A. Noire (we’re all too busy working on Max Payne 3, GTAV and other games to come), don’t count out the possibility of a new game in the L.A. Noire franchise in the future. We simply have not decided anything. We’re all very pleased with how that game turned out and are considering what the future may hold for L.A. Noire as a series. We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that – we have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing.

 

 

Which they later brought back up on July 12th 2012

 

Quote

“All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new Red Dead game any time soon?” – via Facebook
“Will there ever be a sequel or prequel to #RDR I am Red Dead mad!!” – @liquidh20stevew (via Twitter)

 

Awesome, we love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action. As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually. Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series.

 

I think it's just a matter of time before we see one of those games. Just a matter of when, and how much of a focus/effort they put into it. Will they have one studio set aside? Have multiple releases in the span of 3 years? Or more 5 year gaps? I just can't see them waiting  10+ years for GTA VI, so that game almost has to be announced within the next 3 calendar years. Unless GTA V sells so well, they can afford (literally and figuratively) to take their time with that series.

Edited by Len Lfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

Honestly, if it takes then 5 or so years for full development, then maybe just the next GTA. A lot of people are suspecting Bully. I'm not sure if that's because of the old concept art leaks, and other rumours, or if there's more to it. However, there is this, from February 13th 2012

 

 

 

Which they later brought back up on July 12th 2012

 

 

I think it's just a matter of time before we see one of those games. Just a matter of when, and how much of a focus/effort they put into it. Will they have one studio set aside? Have multiple releases in the span of 3 years? Or more 5 year gaps? I just can't see them waiting  10+ years for GTA VI, so that game almost has to be announced within the next 3 calendar years. Unless GTA V sells so well, they can afford (literally and figuratively) to take their time with that series.

They can definitely work on multiple projects at the same time but it depends on the scale of those projects as well. I think 5 year gaps between their huge open world franchises (GTA and Red Dead) is feasible. Only time will tell I guess. I do however think that they have their priorities as well (GTA & RD). Bully 2 was cancelled/put on hold twice and the second time it happened  (which was in 2011 I think) was because Rockstar needed more people to work on V. 

Edited by DisCrafted
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
58 minutes ago, DisCrafted said:

They can definitely work on multiple projects at the same time but it depends on the scale of those projects as well. I think 5 year gaps between their huge open world franchises (GTA and Red Dead) is feasible. Only time will tell I guess. I do however think that they have their priorities as well (GTA & RD). Bully 2 was cancelled/put on hold twice and the second time it happened  (which was in 2011 I think) was because Rockstar needed more people to work on V. 

Yeah, that's my thought, too. It's just so difficult to try to work out what they may be doing. The next GTA is absolutely in some form of development. Just don't know when it's coming, or what's next. I'd be happy waiting 3 years, if they announced it tomorrow lol. It's just the not knowing... Especially with no substantial leaks to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted
4 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Yeah, that's my thought, too. It's just so difficult to try to work out what they may be doing. The next GTA is absolutely in some form of development. Just don't know when it's coming, or what's next. I'd be happy waiting 3 years, if they announced it tomorrow lol. It's just the not knowing... Especially with no substantial leaks to work on.

Perhaps we'll a leak around the timeframe of the game's announcement. Depends on our luck I guess lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc

GTA V only had domain names and a casting call 8/9 months before announcement. RDR2 had the entire map 6 months before. You'd think they'd be a lot tighter next time around... If we expect an announcement in 2021, then we could look to late 2020 to early 21 depending on what time of year they announce it. They could announce this year, for all we know. But I just can't see that happening before the new consoles are out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

GTA V only had domain names and a casting call 8/9 months before announcement. RDR2 had the entire map 6 months before. You'd think they'd be a lot tighter next time around... If we expect an announcement in 2021, then we could look to late 2020 to early 21 depending on what time of year they announce it. They could announce this year, for all we know. But I just can't see that happening before the new consoles are out.

I think the map leaked in like 2016 and then IGN reported San Diego was working on a new game back in 2015

 

 

 

RDR2 was probably the game with the most leaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc

So I was doing some digging, and accidentally came across something I never knew about, until today. But apparently back in 2011, when the domain names were leaked. Not long before that (I'm not sure of the date) a stuntman by the name of Declan Mulvey had Grand Theft Auto V on his resume. He told CVG that it was a typo and that he had worked on GTA IV, instead. Although he was never credited in GTA IV, TLaD or TBoGT. He is however credited in GTA V

 

Why is this relevant? It just reminds me of something similar...

 

This could be nothing. Just a coincidence, just because something turned out to be true one time, does not mean it is every time. But it's certainly making me re-evaluate things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DisCrafted
11 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

So I was doing some digging, and accidentally came across something I never knew about, until today. But apparently back in 2011, when the domain names were leaked. Not long before that (I'm not sure of the date) a stuntman by the name of Declan Mulvey had Grand Theft Auto V on his resume. He told CVG that it was a typo and that he had worked on GTA IV, instead. Although he was never credited in GTA IV, TLaD or TBoGT. He is however credited in GTA V

 

Why is this relevant? It just reminds me of something similar...

 

This could be nothing. Just a coincidence, just because something turned out to be true one time, does not mean it is every time. But it's certainly making me re-evaluate things...

That Tim Neff guy screwed up big time lol
There was a picture of R* San Diego's entrance on his Instagram. He deleted it and then denied any connections. I'm not sure if his name is in RDR2's credits but I think he had both RDR2 and VI listed on his resume.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
4 minutes ago, DisCrafted said:

That Tim Neff guy screwed up big time lol
There was a picture of R* San Diego's entrance on his Instagram. He deleted it and then denied any connections. I'm not sure if his name is in RDR2's credits but I think he had both RDR2 and VI listed on his resume.

He isn't in RDR2 credits site,if you try CTRL+F and look for his name you won't find him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
9 minutes ago, DisCrafted said:

There was a picture of R* San Diego's entrance on his Instagram. He deleted it and then denied any connections. I'm not sure if his name is in RDR2's credits but I think he had both RDR2 and VI listed on his resume.

Yeah, he did. I remember the consensus being Rockstar and him doing damage control. 

 

4 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

He isn't in RDR2 credits site,if you try CTRL+F and look for his name you won't find him

Yeah, that's the only problem. Makes it hard to know what to believe could be a legit slipup or a smart hoax. Someone could have seen his instagram photos and decided to have a bit of fun. Or Rockstar could have removed him from the credit, or anything else. Still worth thinking about, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.