2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Events that have a 'hidden bounty' option

Beatrice

1. The Valentine prostitute is one of the well-known ones, because it's mentioned in the guide.

2. Killing the bounty hunters who transport a bounty in the wild gives a possibility to transport their bounty in their stead.

3. The escaped prisoner who asks you to shoot his shackles could also be brought into prison for some money.

Now, I'm sure I'm missing some. I've been trying to somehow 'report' or bring the guy from the 'Drowning murder' encounter in Valentine, but no matter what I do I always get a 'Wanted: Kidnapping'. The guide mentions the possibility of getting a public hanging from this particular encounter, but I've also never seen it - it's either the random guy with his wife and son crying (that guy is not the guy from the drowning murder, this variation of the event seems to be just a 'random' one, not tied to your actions), or the prostitute hanging if you turn her in.

Another one I suspect might work but haven't tried yet is the prisoner O'Driscoll that is being rescued from 2 Lawmen by the gang. I usually just kill him (after shooting the lock, obviously, like a classy gentleman), but I believe it's at least worth it to try taking him to the Sheriff.

Do you guys know of any other examples?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

1. The Valentine prostitute is one of the well-known ones, because it's mentioned in the guide.

2. Killing the bounty hunters who transport a bounty in the wild gives a possibility to transport their bounty in their stead.

3. The escaped prisoner who asks you to shoot his shackles could also be brought into prison for some money.

Now, I'm sure I'm missing some. I've been trying to somehow 'report' or bring the guy from the 'Drowning murder' encounter in Valentine, but no matter what I do I always get a 'Wanted: Kidnapping'. The guide mentions the possibility of getting a public hanging from this particular encounter, but I've also never seen it - it's either the random guy with his wife and son crying (that guy is not the guy from the drowning murder, this variation of the event seems to be just a 'random' one, not tied to your actions), or the prostitute hanging if you turn her in.

Another one I suspect might work but haven't tried yet is the prisoner O'Driscoll that is being rescued from 2 Lawmen by the gang. I usually just kill him (after shooting the lock, obviously, like a classy gentleman), but I believe it's at least worth it to try taking him to the Sheriff.

Do you guys know of any other examples?

I can confirm the O'Driscoll in the cage, he can be turned in for like $10. I also Hogtied a stray O'Driscoll from the bridge ambush across from Cornwall kerosine and brought him to Valentine, but the sherriff wouldn't take him, and Rhodes wouldn't accept a captured Raider from an ambush either. A friend told me Rhodes' Sherriff paid him for a Raider he captured from the old church near Shady Belle, yet to test this one though.

29 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I can confirm the O'Driscoll in the cage, he can be turned in for like $10. I also Hogtied a stray O'Driscoll from the bridge ambush across from Cornwall kerosine and brought him to Valentine, but the sherriff wouldn't take him, and Rhodes wouldn't accept a captured Raider from an ambush either. A friend told me Rhodes' Sherriff paid him for a Raider he captured from the old church near Shady Belle, yet to test this one though.

Awesome, thanks for confirming that! I would add that to the OP post to form some sort of list, hopefully if we aren't aware of other examples, someone might help completing this list.

8 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Awesome, thanks for confirming that! I would add that to the OP post to form some sort of list, hopefully if we aren't aware of other examples, someone might help completing this list.

No problem, I'll try out a few more today after work and let you know if I find anything else. Might try grab an enemy from the train or stagecoach robberies to turn them in, never tried those before.

Okay I can tell you that capturing an enemy NPC from an ambush and taking them in is a crime. You won’t get wanted on your way to town but it seems once you enter the town boundary you will be reported. - for kidnapping, $10 bounty

Edited by ShayD

Interesting, thanks for investigating! On a slightly unrelated note, apparently I can't edit posts yet (or I'm just hopelessly blind). I guess I'd need some specific amount of posts in order to unlock that ability, but I definitely won't go around spamming just for the count, so editing things into the OP post would have to wait for now...

Wow! I had a theory that the Drowning Murder guy could be turned in to the Sheriff in different circumstances, and the theory ended up being correct!

There are several things to note about this event:

1. You must have completed 'Good, Honest Snake Oil' mission. If you don't complete it, people (and the law) would consider this 'kidnapping'.

2. You must have reloaded the area after completing the mission. The best way to know that the area has been reloaded is that you can finally sprint/gallop your horse near the Sheriff's office. Before completing the mission, and right after it, the whole Sheriff's office building and its surroundings remain in a spacial state that exists for the sake of the mission and post-mission dialogues.

3. Obviously, you must have the event un-triggered up to the point of completing points 1. and 2. This is actually the hardest part, because this event seems to have a very high priority of happening whenever you are in Valentine at night. 

SM00V 0PERAT0R
On 2/18/2019 at 7:23 AM, Beatrice said:

w.t.f.

Second play through almost done and I am just now finding this out. I am going for low honor too. Damn. I would done this every single time. Especially with the O'Driscolls.