The Eddo

Gangster Walk Fix

The Eddo

-----------------
Gangster Walk Fix
by The Eddo
-----------------

About:

"After eighteen, seventeen and fifteen years of walking like a gangster with a rocket launcher in one hand, it was time to hold it properly." - MALE01

Up until now, in the modding history of GTAForums... you saw Gangster Sit Fix... you saw Gangster SWAT Fix... but ever saw Gangster Walk Fix?
It always kinda bugged me how the peds don't use the proper walkstyles used by the player when holding certain weapons, it is so "inconsistent".
So with a little help from my man @Junior_Djjr at MixMods.com.br, I've formulated a rather sticky little fix for the one-handed "gangster" style of walking with large weapons.

This plugin changes the peds' walkstyles accordingly to match the one used by the player when wielding the appropriate weapons.
At first, I made it for SA only. But then I decided to be generous and went ahead to port it to other games too.
So, not only this modification is available for SA, but it's also available for VC and III!

Screenshots:

They say pictures are worth more than a thousand words, so here you go:

ID3fLV9.png

4ILhhBt.png

Features:

You shouldn't ever really need to read this, but, uh- whatever.

* Support for III, VC and SA.
* Compatible with all EXE versions due to no memory addresses involved.
* Obvious support for any modifications that add sprinting with two-handed weapons.

* Extended plugin reach; the code catches multiple peds at a time (VERY BIG credits to Junior_Djjr).
* Complete replication of the player walkstyles, including "1armed" and "BBBat" walkstyles.
* Almost bug-free.

Known Issues:

"Oh no, it has some flaws!" LOL:p, relax.

The plugin might not apply walkstyles sometimes, it doesn't really count as a bug though as the plugin takes a short while to catch a ped and apply walkstyles.
In the VC (and probably III) version, peds that follow the player strangely have their walkstyles auto-changed to the "player" walkstyle, this is actually a bug in the game.
Once a ped's walkstyle is set, it won't change. But theoretically, it might change if the same ped's weapon is changed to another one that also causes the walkstyle to change.

Any peds caught by the plugin are not released from the memory after applying walkstyles because it was causing the peds created by other scripts to walk away.
The III version is completely untested because I don't have III, but it should work judging by the way I've coded it.
A Dazz joypad is of no use here.

Installation:

This section contains everything you need to know about installation (duh).

---- For III: ----

1. Download and install the Ultimate ASI Loader from github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases.
2. Download and install CLEO Library for III from cleo.li.
3. Put the provided "CLEO" folder, the one located inside the "For III" folder, into your III directory.

---- For VC: ----

1. Download and install the Ultimate ASI Loader from github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases.
2. Download and install CLEO Library for VC from cleo.li.
3. Put the provided "CLEO" folder, the one located inside the "For VC" folder, into your VC directory.

---- For SA: ----

1. Download and install Silent's ASI Loader from gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=21709 or the Ultimate ASI Loader from github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases.
2. Download and install CLEO Library for SA from cleo.li.
3. Put the provided "CLEO" folder, the one located inside the "For SA" folder, into your SA directory.

Installation Notes:

Make sure to put each provided "CLEO" folder with all it's contents still in it.

To install CLEO, put the III.CLEO.asi/VC.CLEO.asi/CLEO.asi and the "CLEo" folder that comes with into your III/VC/SA directory, CLEO requires an ASI loader to run.
To install the Ultimate ASI Loader, put the dinput8.dll that comes with it into your III/VC/SA directory. Silent's ASI Loader already comes with proper instructions.
One important thing to remember is that Silent's ASI Loader only works for SA while the Ultimate ASI Loader works for almost any game.

Credits:

Finally, the "Cookie Dedication" time!

"Continuous pedestrian check" code snippet - @Junior_Djjr
"Animgrp_iii.dat" - @The Hero, the file was used as a reference to figure out correct walkstyle ID numbers for the III version.
The rest of the mod - @The Eddo

GET

(Here's a non-button version of the link, just in case: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=71721856197170495451)

Edited by The Eddo

thalilmythos

Great mod man

SlingShot753

I loved it! It was something that I've been waiting for a long time. Amazing work!

reCAPTCHA

Archive is corrupt(?)

The Eddo
11 minutes ago, reCAPTCHA said:

Archive is corrupt(?)

Hmm, the mod is working flawlessly on my end. Try downloading again.

Edited by The Eddo

Junior_Djjr

Finally someone did it...

Just a little problem: The mod doesn't recognize added weapons without replacing because it uses IDs. The most correct way is to check the animation set for that weapon, but I don't have any snippet here (you will need to use some memory stuffs).

The Eddo
15 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Finally someone did it...

Just a little problem: The mod doesn't recognize added weapons without replacing because it uses IDs. The most correct way is to check the animation set for that weapon, but I don't have any snippet here (you will need to use some memory stuffs).

Thank you, Junior. I really appreciate you commenting on this mod, it's a real pleasure:).

The added weapons? Hmm. Well, I don't know anything about memory hacking except for applying values to memory addresses. But I guess we can work together to find out.

And wow, I just can't believe that one of my mods actually made it to MixMods! Thank you so much for your cooperation, my friend.

P.S: Can you make a screenshot of the mod being tested on III? I don't have III and I really doubt if it actually works there.

Junior_Djjr
7 hours ago, The Eddo said:

And wow, I just can't believe that one of my mods actually made it to MixMods! Thank you so much for your cooperation, my friend.

7 hours ago, The Eddo said:

P.S: Can you make a screenshot of the mod being tested on III? I don't have III and I really doubt if it actually works there.

Hm, It isn't working.

I tested a lot of IDs (until they walk backwards, lol) and using "2" they walk like this:

0.jpg

Looks nice, I didn't find the player-like animation.

Using your "4" they walk like gangs I think.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

The Eddo
19 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Hm, It isn't working.

I tested a lot of IDs (until they walk backwards, lol) and using "2" they walk like this:

0.jpg

Looks nice, I didn't find the player-like animation.

Using your "4" they walk like gangs I think.

Strange, I had set the right walkstyle IDs. Maybe, perhaps a video would help me understand it better:).

Junior_Djjr
5 hours ago, The Eddo said:

Maybe, perhaps a video would help me understand it better

The animation of this image?
Anyway, if this ID is wrong the others are too, for some reason the list you consulted is wrong. With a quick search I found no other list.

The Eddo

@Junior_Djjr: So, it seems that I broke something when I counted the animation groups in "animgrp_iii.dat" to "consider" the correct walkstyle IDs for the III version.
As a consequence, Gangster Walk Fix gets it's first (minor) update!:

* Fixed the wrong walkstyle IDs that were being used in the III version, hopefully.

The Eddo

So here's another update! I've totally fixed the III version's animation group IDs now. OP is updated, so go get it!

@Junior_Djjr: You haven't updated my mod over at MixMods, please update it.

Edited by The Eddo