3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTP_Monkey

2x XP currently

GTP_Monkey

Is it working for you as of 14th feb we have done 20 hours of stranger, hideouts etc and its not giving us anything today although yesterday it averaged around 10%

4eyedcoupe

i didn't try today, but it definitely wasn't working yesterday

DrKrankenstein

nah, it's not 2x by far, maybe not even 20%

GTP_Monkey
9 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

nah, it's not 2x by far, maybe not even 20%

Think ive nailed it down, hypothetically you get 200 xp for stranger mission but join a posse and you get up to 50xp more applied to the final payout and it seems from what ive read that the 2x xp is applied to that the extra xp you get for being in posse so if you normally get 50xp on a given mission it will be doubled to 100xp and added to the final tally at the end of mission

DrKrankenstein
10 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Think ive nailed it down, hypothetically you get 200 xp for stranger mission but join a posse and you get up to 50xp more applied to the final payout and it seems from what ive read that the 2x xp is applied to that the extra xp you get for being in posse so if you normally get 50xp on a given mission it will be doubled to 100xp and added to the final tally at the end of mission

lol that]'s lackluster, i didn't really notice an increase, but i let the timer run down and still got whati usually get for exp. maybe 10 max 20% extra?

GTP_Monkey
10 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

lol that]'s lackluster, i didn't really notice an increase, but i let the timer run down and still got whati usually get for exp. maybe 10 max 20% extra?

Poor isnt it, But hen again think about it some stranger missions can pay around 600 xp especially the hunts if you wait out the timer, now can you see Rockstar doubling that to over 1200 xp Nah I dont think so 

BUT THE BENZ

I joined a posse yesterday to see what the XP-fuzz is about, then I realized only the leader is able to start stranger missions, or something like that. so after 5 minutes I went back to lone-wolfing my way through the west

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Dr.Rosenthal

@GTP_Monkey Maybe you're right. But the info on the Newswire reads:

"Playing in a Posse will bring benefits like earning increased XP in Free Roam Missions and Free Roam Events. Posse up this week to earn twice as much increased XP on these activities, and next week earn 20% more XP across all activities in the Red Dead Online Beta."

The whole affair is pretty shady then, I'd say. If a Stranger Mission is a Free Roam Mission (which it is), and you normally make 446XP or thereabout for a full XP payout, you should get 2x446 (or, simply 2x whatever you make). Next week, 1.20x. I know it's not rocket science so it really needs no explanation, but with how R* have worded it, this would make most sense. Shady bastards..

Edit: I just realized how your explanation makes sense now lol, it's the "increased XP from being possed up" that gets 2x, right?

So f*cking shady, lol

Either way, I got like 448XP instead of 446XP last I tried, so even then I don't know how any of it makes any sense. Whatever.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

GTP_Monkey
5 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@GTP_Monkey Maybe you're right. But the info on the Newswire reads:

"Playing in a Posse will bring benefits like earning increased XP in Free Roam Missions and Free Roam Events. Posse up this week to earn twice as much increased XP on these activities, and next week earn 20% more XP across all activities in the Red Dead Online Beta."

The whole affair is pretty shady then, I'd say. If a Stranger Mission is a Free Roam Mission (which it is), and you normally make 446XP or thereabout for a full XP payout, you should get 2x446 (or, simply 2x whatever you make). Next week, 1.20x. I know it's not rocket science so it really needs no explanation, but with how R* have worded it, this would make most sense. Shady bastards..

Edit: I just realized how your explanation makes sense now lol, it's the "increased XP from being possed up" that gets 2x, right?

So f*cking shady, lol

Either way, I got like 448XP instead of 446XP last I tried, so even then I don't know how any of it makes any sense. Whatever.

Yes its broken to hell but the 2x comes from the posse bonus not the actual mission xp payout although they are both linked together for payment at the end.

Also like when you deliver 4 x money bags when one is delivered you used to get 55xp during mission for each bag but thats gone up to 60xp There are other little tit bits happening as well plus all the log in screen was taken down yesterday you could only free roam for about a 4 hour period then it was put back up R* are doing all sorts in the background and things aint working as even they want them 

Our posse does a hell of a lot of stranger missions and at first we thought 2x all xp per mission and we where well upset as we do aprox 20k to 25k xp per session and was hoping to double that, but think logically R* aint going to let you rank up at twice the speed are they ?

clinical oppression

so it's only double xp on the posse bonus .......so it all equates to about 3% extra xp .....oh well 

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, clinical oppression said:

so it's only double xp on the posse bonus .......so it all equates to about 3% extra xp .....oh well 

Yes posse bonus only and equates to aprox 10% give or take as each mission is different 

Foxwolfe

I was wondering why the hell I wasn't seeing double XP, so yeah they really should have done a better job wording that because it took me reading through this read and having to read other people having the same issue with the wording for me to finally get it.

Talk about a disappointment lol.

And I do not think they have issue with people getting double XP as they do that frequently in GTAO, but then again I have no idea why they did this vs true double XP.

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, Foxwolfe said:

I was wondering why the hell I wasn't seeing double XP, so yeah they really should have done a better job wording that because it took me reading through this read and having to read other people having the same issue with the wording for me to finally get it.

Talk about a disappointment lol.

And I do not think they have issue with people getting double XP as they do that frequently in GTAO, but then again I have no idea why they did this vs true double XP.

The double xp was applied to the posse bonus which was 50xp doubled to 100xp The wording did confuse 99% of the player base, another sh*t move on R* side just to try and get player levels up. They dont have a bloody clue how to keep us interested at this stage I honestly think they dont have many resources and its taking time to do the good stuff hence these cheap crap little things they are dropping on us 

MusicMan05
34 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

The double xp was applied to the posse bonus which was 50xp doubled to 100xp The wording did confuse 99% of the player base, another sh*t move on R* side just to try and get player levels up. They dont have a bloody clue how to keep us interested at this stage I honestly think they dont have many resources and its taking time to do the good stuff hence these cheap crap little things they are dropping on us 

Which is sad considering RDRM had ×3 events for all activities....

• RDR Multiplayer: ×3 on everything Events
  • GTA Online ×2 RP & $ for specific activities Events
  • RD Online: ×2 posse bonus Event, ×1.2 on everything Event

Rockstar decreased the bonus and then some... Instead of a gradual decrease of ×3 Events -> ×2 Events -> ×1.5 Events -> ×1.25 Events -> ×1.1 Events, they went from ×3 Events -> ×2 Events -> ×1.2 Events... In a few years will they skip over ×1.1 Events start doing ×1.01 Events?...

GTP_Monkey
3 hours ago, MusicMan05 said:

Which is sad considering RDRM had ×3 events for all activities....

• RDR Multiplayer: ×3 on everything Events
  • GTA Online ×2 RP & $ for specific activities Events
  • RD Online: ×2 posse bonus Event, ×1.2 on everything Event

Rockstar decreased the bonus and then some... Instead of a gradual decrease of ×3 Events -> ×2 Events -> ×1.5 Events -> ×1.25 Events -> ×1.1 Events, they went from ×3 Events -> ×2 Events -> ×1.2 Events... In a few years will they skip over ×1.1 Events start doing ×1.01 Events?...

They also do lots of small things that piss off the player base (commonly known as R* logic) Im sure they have a special department for this very reason. They just dont get the fact if they did more what the player base wants and less of the stupid crap they play with there game would rise even higher than they do do