4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

wehweh01

Saving up for Febuary 26th?

Ryan5252
On 2/14/2019 at 12:14 AM, wehweh01 said:

How much do you guys have saved for the update on Feb. 26th? I have a hard time believing R* won't add stuff for us to spend on. What do you folks think?

Call me a miserable bastard, but I'm kinda hoping they fix the stuff they released in November to begin with.

MusicMan05
11 hours ago, yeezy203 said:

I know this is a B&M but I don't think they'll add other content without mentioning it. Hopefully they do surprise us, but I wouldn't count on it. Hard to believe they couldn't at least even give us a horse or some kind of special item for those who've been still playing this nonsense for so long. What good are gold bars with nothing to spend it on?

They did tease additional content for the update:

"We will have more details on additional content in the February 26th update next week."

We'll know more next week on what this additional content is. (Probably on Tuesday, February 19th, since Tuesdays appear to be RDO's news and update day, with GTAO moving to Thursdays)

GTP_Monkey
4 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Call me a miserable bastard, but I'm kinda hoping they fix the stuff they released in November to begin with.

This ^^^ As much as we need more stuff to do, Bug fixes 1st would be well received 

Pressure Drop

I'm not saving up for it, I doubt they will add anything except what they mentioned in the Newswire. They did say they would reveal more next week, so I will wait and see, but I am not optimistic.

They need to add the trapper from single player, and all his great clothing. Such a simple addition but would give us a lot to do hunting the animals to unlock all the clothes and hat customisations.

We Are Ninja
On 2/13/2019 at 6:20 PM, TheSadisticOwl said:

If they add anything besides the mentioned changes (which I really like, by the way), I bet it'll probably be either a new gun or some new clothes. They don't really do surprises though, so I wouldn't expect anything besides a quality of life update. Even still, I have nearly 12 thousand dollars and about 101 gold bars, all from grinding and economizing.

You should change your name to the TheMasochisticOwl. The amount of grinding to reach those numbers would have me completely sick of the game...

Chrismads
21 hours ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

Also, don't spend unwisely. Make sure you want to buy solely what you need to buy. I still haven't upgraded by Ability Cards because I'm doing just fine with all of them on Tier 1. I haven't bought all the guns because my current loadout fits me just fine (Cattleman Revolver, High Roller Revolver, Lancaster Repeater/Varmint Rifle/Bolt Action Rifle, Pump Action Shotgun). I only have some pieces of clothing and my second outfit protects me from the cold. 

Basically, grind and economize. Do some free mode missions every now and then if you want (and if they're working). Also, try to make up for everything you buy, no matter how cheap it were. If it were something that costed $5, make up for it with a race. If it were $10, do a mission. Anything over $20, do Showdown. Never let yourself go into a deficit.

Thank you... I needed to hear that. Today I opened 2 treasures and did alot of Highly Moral missions and didn't even spend anything on abillity cards and newly unlocked explosive slugs. So far I've earned 755 $ + what I've spend on gun maintanance, ammo and stable/camp upkeep

MusicMan05
12 hours ago, Pressure Drop said:

I'm not saving up for it, I doubt they will add anything except what they mentioned in the Newswire. They did say they would reveal more next week, so I will wait and see, but I am not optimistic.

They need to add the trapper from single player, and all his great clothing. Such a simple addition but would give us a lot to do hunting the animals to unlock all the clothes and hat customisations.

I'm optimistic becuase after the "Heists Coming Soon" and "Story Mode DLC" mishaps Rockstar has been cautious about their wording and announcements. In previous status updates the currently announced February 26th Update changes have been mentioned as "Additional changes and Improvements in the coming months." At the same time they've been teasing "additional content." The additional content they've teased has been: New story missions that'll continue A Land of Opportunities, Dynamic Free Roam Events, Competitive Modes, Clothing, Emotes, Weapons, and more.

By splitting the February 26th update into two seperate announcements, one focused on the "Additional Changes and Improvements" and another focused on the "Additional Content," I have a feeling the "Additional Content" will be as substantial as the "Additional Changes and Improvements." Not to mention Rockstar knows that Content Updates = Increase in consumer spending. It's likely that February will be RD Online's Q4 2019 Content Update, while March will be GTA Online's Q4 2019 Content Update. If Take-Two/Rockstar want to end fiscal 2019 strong, then they need to release something substantial for RD Online.

Edited by MusicMan05

Assblaster
21 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

At least they fixed the horse bonding bug. I'm hoping they introduce a bunch of new fixes in the coming update...probably too much to hope for but we'll see.

éX-Driver

I ain’t buying anything until I get my bloody Sharps rifle. 

Ryan5252
42 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

At least they fixed the horse bonding bug. I'm hoping they introduce a bunch of new fixes in the coming update...probably too much to hope for but we'll see.

They definitely haven't. I got it for the first time in ages yesterday and again today. 

Assblaster
8 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

They definitely haven't. I got it for the first time in ages yesterday and again today. 

Funny, my horse bonding has stayed the same the last two days. Must be a fluke then. Damn, just when I thought they did something right.

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, Assblaster said:

very much still with us, happens dozens of times during our sessions 

Vik2390

I believe in gang camp (like in story mode) in future. So, yes, i already made some savings for this. 

Semaj 2JZ♢

Saving simply for whatever new content arrives. Same with GTAO; I never saved for any specific DLC, I just made sure to have more than enough on hand to buy whatever I'm going to like or need.

I have no need for everything. I just want the best of what I'm going to use.

Van_Hellsing

I am saving cash for the explosive ammo or new worthwhile stuff that will be released. I am level 85 now. Whatever is coming first. 

I barely spent any gold, so I still have 53 bars. I now only fight off griefers. I am not pursuing any scum anymore, like I used to do. It's a waste ammo and time.

Farming lawmen wears down my guns and depletes my ammo completely. 

Virus..

Bit of a ramble but I stopped playing a month ago got on yesterday and was bored out of my mind. Mainly wanted to play with the varmint before its patched. Have about 8k and about 70 gold, knowing rockstar though we might just see 30 gold for a vest or something😦. I wanted to save up more but i just couldnt do it if they had singled out certain maps or let the majority pick a certain type of game mode and map with different time cycles. i probably would of played more consistenly. 

Edited by Virus..

ShadowlessDevil
On 2/14/2019 at 10:13 AM, ghostsoap01 said:

Its a French thing (in Quebec). Might be that way too for the rest of Canada but I believe its just QC. Funny enough, I barely speak French, but I guess my writing is impacted by the QC culture, regardless of the actual language I speak, as a result of growing up here. 

Yes, it's a Thing from Quebec...I'm from Montreal lol

ZakeBudek

Spent all my money, 16+ cards... now I'm cash poor but ability card rich.

giphy.gif

rusbeckia
45 minutes ago, ZakeBudek said:

Spent all my money, 16+ cards... now I'm cash poor but ability card rich.

giphy.gif

You won‘t regret it once you‘ve managed to use them correctly. I‘m kind of on the same horse lol

ghostsoap01
4 hours ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Yes, it's a Thing from Quebec...I'm from Montreal lol

A fellow Montrealer! Well, I'm not exactly a Montrealer, but I'm living near the island.

ShadowlessDevil
22 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

A fellow Montrealer! Well, I'm not exactly a Montrealer, but I'm living near the island.

Hello neighbor lol

DentureDynamite
On 2/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, wehweh01 said:

I got a bad feeling we'll need to buy all these cards to unlock MORE cards later. I mean...come on this R* after all.

Only thing I use Ability Cards for is scraping up my horses...exhaust.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:59 PM, Van_Hellsing said:

[snip]

Farming lawmen wears down my guns and depletes my ammo completely.

...but the sound and visual of the pump-action shotgun blowing OP lawmen off the ladder...

It's like a drug. I crave it. 8^D

Edited by DentureDynamite

johnpolo

I didn't think they were releasing any new items, but I've stashed away about 60 gold and $2k. Got everything I want till new guns are released.

Rokushakubo

I had 4.5k then caved and bought the dark bay turkoman, fast travel, opulence theme and some clothes. Since I saw the content coming I'm almost back to 4k. Want to have 10k by 26th so I can buy what i want and pour rest into remaining recipes. 

Van_Hellsing
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

...but the sound and visual of the pump-action shotgun blowing OP lawmen off the ladder...

It's like a drug. I crave it. 8^D

The 20% xp is a godsend, if you're grinding xp. I finally reached level 90. I see levels 150+, I wonder if they are wearing adult nappies and eat food through a tube in their nose.

The thousand $ for the explosive ammo pamphlet was worth it. I was riding around griefer central aka Blackwater, looking for trouble. Some low level scumbag volunteered. Bam! Game over with a body shot. 

I still have $500. It is working the ladders again for the dynamite arrows or the new release. Whatever comes first. 

FJ7N2D.gif

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Rokushakubo
3 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

The 20% xp is a godsend, if you're grinding xp. I finally reached level 90. I see levels 150+, I wonder if they are wearing adult nappies and eat food through a tube in their nose.

The thousand $ for the explosive ammo pamphlet was worth it. I was riding around griefer central aka Blackwater, looking for trouble. Some low level scumbag volunteered. Bam! Game over with a body shot. 

I still have $500. It is working the ladders again for the dynamite arrows or the new release. Whatever comes first. 

Done any hunting? You get xp for kill, same for skinning and the current 20% applies to the many hunting and trade awards you'll earn. Still got time to make several thousand before 26th while levelling at a decent speed. 

Van_Hellsing
11 minutes ago, Rokushakubo said:

Done any hunting? You get xp for kill, same for skinning and the current 20% applies to the many hunting and trade awards you'll earn. Still got time to make several thousand before 26th while levelling at a decent speed. 

Hunting not in the traditional sense. Just riding around and shoot everything that moves. No need to pick or skin. By the time you get to the butcher the game crashes. West from Emerald ranch there are some ponds. Stirr up a flock of ducks or geese. With the varmint rifle, you can down between 5-10 birds. 

Happy Hunter

I'm gonna wait for gold rush, play a load of that to make money.

rusbeckia
8 hours ago, Van_Hellsing said:

Hunting not in the traditional sense. Just riding around and shoot everything that moves. No need to pick or skin. By the time you get to the butcher the game crashes. West from Emerald ranch there are some ponds. Stirr up a flock of ducks or geese. With the varmint rifle, you can down between 5-10 birds. 

You know that small game goes in your pocket? ;)

Clickalot

I really try to save up, but then just out of the blue I am browsing the catalogue and buy stuff.

Got a big hole in my hand :D