3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

wehweh01

Saving up for Febuary 26th?

wehweh01

How much do you guys have saved for the update on Feb. 26th? I have a hard time believing R* won't add stuff for us to spend on. What do you folks think?

TheSadisticOwl

If they add anything besides the mentioned changes (which I really like, by the way), I bet it'll probably be either a new gun or some new clothes. They don't really do surprises though, so I wouldn't expect anything besides a quality of life update. Even still, I have nearly 12 thousand dollars and about 101 gold bars, all from grinding and economizing.

wehweh01
12 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

If they add anything besides the mentioned changes (which I really like, by the way), I bet it'll probably be either a new gun or some new clothes. They don't really do surprises though, so I wouldn't expect anything besides a quality of life update. Even still, I have nearly 12 thousand dollars and about 101 gold bars, all from grinding and economizing.

Jeez that's a lot of cash. I spent $14,400 on 16 tier 3 ability cards and who knows on owning every gun with customizations.

Edited by wehweh01
Subscribe to Pewdiepie

Lonely-Martin

Sweet FA. :)

If good gameplay gets added, I'll soon make bank. My 2nd GTA:O account started up near 3 years after online began and never had issues playing for my cash. I'm not wasting time to potentially be disappointed nor am I in any hurry to own everything on day one either.

If R* offer me a game of it I'm after, I'll still be a very casual player here. Not playing this like I did in GTA:O. Awards, unlocks, cosmetics etc are not the focus this time. :)

IamCourtney

I'm not really expecting anything to save for on the 26th, but since I recently upgraded the last card I really want for the time being I don't expect to be spending much money in general until something substantial is added. I suppose there's explosive rounds and dynamite arrows in about 20 levels...

ThaBirdCoot

I have 14 $ right now lol, and 10 something gold, not expecting anything maybe a few clothes if the screenshots hold any value

ghostsoap01

I've got only 600$, but I tend to grind after content is added rather than before, gives me something to motivate the grind.

Dr.Rosenthal

I keep upgrading the most vital ability cards so I don’t really save cash at the minute, and I don’t really see the point in that either tbh.

Whatever they add it can’t be too out of range since we’re all new (unless you want every item of, say, clothing). I’ll probably have somewhere in the range of one to a couple thousand dollars when the update drops.

But honestly though, I think it’ll drop and I likely won’t buy anything from it.

Unless they release the Remington 1858 revolver.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Jedster

I have hard time believing R* will add something... :D 

AmyStone
2 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I've got only 600$, but I tend to grind after content is added rather than before, gives me something to motivate the grind.

I'm curious because I've seen this a lot. But in Canada do you put the $ symbol after the amount?

Rokushakubo

I have $3000 atm with all cards tier 3 and dynamite arrows/explosive rounds so no major things to buy. I'll have about 13-15K when the update drops and if there's no new content i'll buy the remaining pamphlets I need. 

Chrismads

I'm saving all my gold for the wagons. I'm always short on dollars however and haven't even all my cards in tier III.

Dunno what I spend my money on tbh. I'm rank 83, dont grind cops, dont buy consumables. Dunno why tf I'm so broke all the time. Don't even have that many guns

DrKrankenstein

i just need a few dollars more.:P

Assblaster

I gotta fistful of dollars...😉

BUT THE BENZ

did they announce anything worth thousands of bucks?! maybe I'm missing something here....but they didn't even lose a word about new clothing and/or guns...

will they try to shove OVERPRICED SHEDS down our throats at the end of the month?!

rusbeckia
10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

did they announce anything worth thousands of bucks?! maybe I'm missing something here....but they didn't even lose a word about new clothing and/or guns...

will they try to shove OVERPRICED SHEDS down our throats at the end of the month?!

Nono. People just get overly hyped and stack thousands of dollars only to be disappointed when they find out that 5 jackets, 3 hats and 2 trousers are added lol

GTP_Monkey
41 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Nono. People just get overly hyped and stack thousands of dollars only to be disappointed when they find out that 5 jackets, 3 hats and 2 trousers are added lol

This  ^^^^ Folk getting hyped and then will moan like f*ck when they dont get what they hyped about

We need and are hopefully getting bug fixes first with maybe a few small DLC stuff 

Make me f*cking laugh the player base does, for 3 months folk have been asking to reduce the blips on radar as an aid to stop griefers and now R* have said its happening most of these same folk are now moaning it aint gona work 

I bet half the member base that post on here done even play the game or not even own it 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

ghostsoap01
5 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I'm curious because I've seen this a lot. But in Canada do you put the $ symbol after the amount?

Its a French thing (in Quebec). Might be that way too for the rest of Canada but I believe its just QC. Funny enough, I barely speak French, but I guess my writing is impacted by the QC culture, regardless of the actual language I speak, as a result of growing up here. 

Edited by ghostsoap01

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

This  ^^^^ Folk getting hyped and then will moan like f*ck when they dont get what they hyped about

We need and are hopefully getting bug fixes first with maybe a few small DLC stuff 

Make me f*cking laugh the player base does, for 3 months folk have been asking to reduce the blips on radar as an aid to stop griefers and now R* have said its happening most of these same folk are now moaning it aint gona work 

I bet half the member base that post on here done even play the game or not even own it 

Tbh I think this is inherent with online forums. People who post here will NEVER be pleased 100%, otherwise they wouldn‘t have an account. It adds to it that maybe 5% of the game community browses and uses this forum. 

Rokushakubo

I'm not expecting anything really, I just like accumulating wealth and want to save a mini fortune while steadily getting the remaining pamphlets. 

yeezy203

I know this is a B&M but I don't think they'll add other content without mentioning it. Hopefully they do surprise us, but I wouldn't count on it. Hard to believe they couldn't at least even give us a horse or some kind of special item for those who've been still playing this nonsense for so long. What good are gold bars with nothing to spend it on?

DarksunDaFirst
15 hours ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

What do you spend the most time grinding on?

TheSadisticOwl
10 minutes ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

What do you spend the most time grinding on?

When the economy was broken, I'd stay outside of Saint Denis shooting birds with the Varmint Rifle and then selling the corpses and feathers (mostly the feathers) to the butcher. After they fixed the economy and made Showdown a much more profitable mode, I started grinding that. Most Wanted and Name Your Weapon (Free-For-All) give you the biggest payout at the end of the matches if you finish as 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the leaderboard. Yes, it does get boring, but it's the best way to make money there is.

Also, don't spend unwisely. Make sure you want to buy solely what you need to buy. I still haven't upgraded by Ability Cards because I'm doing just fine with all of them on Tier 1. I haven't bought all the guns because my current loadout fits me just fine (Cattleman Revolver, High Roller Revolver, Lancaster Repeater/Varmint Rifle/Bolt Action Rifle, Pump Action Shotgun). I only have some pieces of clothing and my second outfit protects me from the cold. 

Basically, grind and economize. Do some free mode missions every now and then if you want (and if they're working). Also, try to make up for everything you buy, no matter how cheap it were. If it were something that costed $5, make up for it with a race. If it were $10, do a mission. Anything over $20, do Showdown. Never let yourself go into a deficit.

4eyedcoupe
2 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

I'm complaining about this, but I also never asked for it in the first place.

Ryan5252
6 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

I've never seen a single person suggest blips to be reduced. At least not on these forums?

Assblaster
7 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

I've never seen a single person suggest blips to be reduced. At least not on these forums?

I was one who suggested early on that they do away with all blips, then to prevent butcher camping they could set a large perimeter around all towns where players couldn't access their guns -- you know, Tombstone-style. My idea however wasn't well-liked. I still think it would be far more immersive and exciting, wandering about, not knowing if the stranger you come across is a friendly NPC or player (or an unfriendly enemy). I knew nobody would go for it though, it was just an idea.

DonnieVega

Got about 4k atm but I've only just got back to grinding these last couple of days out of excess hype.

But what I really don't get is why people are upgrading all their ability cards! Most of them are worth nothing compared to the 6 or so excellent ones...

Rokushakubo
11 minutes ago, DonnieVega said:

Got about 4k atm but I've only just got back to grinding these last couple of days out of excess hype.

But what I really don't get is why people are upgrading all their ability cards! Most of them are worth nothing compared to the 6 or so excellent ones...

I just want full flexibility in play style for whatever future content may come. Also because I'm O.C.D about unlocking the full potential of game characters so maxing all skills and learning all recipes is part of my motivation. Lastly, it's in beta and the nature of skills may change which is not outside the realm of possibility if R* sees the lack of usage of certain skills in relation to others. 

DonnieVega
2 hours ago, Rokushakubo said:

I just want full flexibility in play style for whatever future content may come. Also because I'm O.C.D about unlocking the full potential of game characters so maxing all skills and learning all recipes is part of my motivation. Lastly, it's in beta and the nature of skills may change which is not outside the realm of possibility if R* sees the lack of usage of certain skills in relation to others. 

Well OCD will do that (or too much free time 😉) but still some cards are truly useless.

wehweh01
30 minutes ago, DonnieVega said:

Well OCD will do that (or too much free time 😉) but still some cards are truly useless.

I got a bad feeling we'll need to buy all these cards to unlock MORE cards later. I mean...come on this R* after all.