4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Cutter De Blanc

Limpany

Cutter De Blanc

How do you suppose the town burned down? Maybe a spot fire from the nearby forest fire? So weird how everything around the town was spared though

universetwisters

The designers did it to give people something to talk about on forums.

rollschuh2282
12 minutes ago, Oldsport said:

dude wtf

DON`T QUOTE IT!

just report and ignore.

it´s a stupid spammer

~INDIO~

Uncle farted on the way there

SneakyDeaky

Arthur might know more than he lets on...

From trailer 3
4l68la5

(I assume it's just a shot set up for the trailer, but maybe, clutching at straws, there was some removed event in Limpany)

a z

The more I play it, the more I spot gapping holes in the original design they cut out to ship the game.  Lots of content that goes nowhere except for a couple resource items.  In this case, Limpany has that gold bar though.

Limpany seems very out of the way too for a town, like it was specific to a mission and not as an ambient location.  Towns typically have a road through it and don't dead end.  You could weakly say it was a gold mining pop-up town, however there's very little in the surroundings to suggest the magnitude of this establishment.  It's not just a couple of tents and a riverside gold sluice box.

The abandoned Ewing Basin up north is a better example of a gold "town"

Gl3Cndy.png

Having said all of that -- I love the mystery of Limpany!  I want to know more :)

MrEdcar007
19 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Arthur might know more than he lets on...

From trailer 3
4l68la5

(I assume it's just a shot set up for the trailer, but maybe, clutching at straws, there was some removed event in Limpany)

Rockstar probably threw a couple of molotovs to make the shot look cooler for the trailer...

ShayD

I tried to do some investigating around here to try turn up some clues.

Most reasonable one I could come up with was that the town sherriff captured one of O'Driscolls boys, possibly someone close to Colm (the body in the cell) and either questioned him or killed him. Colm had his gang retaliate by burning down the town as a message, which we know wouldn't be too far fetched for him.

I'd be interested in any other theories anyone has.

Fluffy Sock
20 hours ago, alz said:

Limpany seems very out of the way too for a town, like it was specific to a mission and not as an ambient location.  Towns typically have a road through it and don't dead end.  You could weakly say it was a gold mining pop-up town, however there's very little in the surroundings to suggest the magnitude of this establishment.  It's not just a couple of tents and a riverside gold sluice box.

Looking at its location, is logical for it to not have a road going through it, but to be next to a road instead (which is the case). Limpany looks like a small mining town, nothing else. 

Newspapers should explain what happened there, tho. Or some letter/note you can collect somewhere. 

Edited by Fluffy Sock

RJX74

We will see it in RDR3 as a functional town, when we play as Arthur in the epilogue, who will have the wrong hairstyle.

Edited by RJX74

Cutter De Blanc
On 2/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, alz said:

Limpany seems very out of the way too for a town, like it was specific to a mission and not as an ambient location.  Towns typically have a road through it and don't dead end.  You could weakly say it was a gold mining pop-up town, however there's very little in the surroundings to suggest the magnitude of this establishment.  It's not just a couple of tents and a riverside gold sluice box

Really? I think it's position sitting on the Dakota River isn't really out of the way at all,  one of my personal problems with that river is that there's a road next to it pretty much running the entire length of the river and i can't find an out of the way spot

5 hours ago, ShayD said:

I tried to do some investigating around here to try turn up some clues.

Most reasonable one I could come up with was that the town sherriff captured one of O'Driscolls boys, possibly someone close to Colm (the body in the cell) and either questioned him or killed him. Colm had his gang retaliate by burning down the town as a message, which we know wouldn't be too far fetched for him.

I'd be interested in any other theories anyone has.

I notice there is a burned area of forest north of the town, I assumed it might have been a spot fire (embers carried by the wind)

4 hours ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Newspapers should explain what happened there, tho. Or some letter/note you can collect somewhere. 

Is there though? I tried to find an article,  but my newspaper boy is glitched and I can't buy any copies of the New Hanover Gazette

a z

From the size of town it is without a reason to construct back towards the cliff like a cul-de-sac, I'd expect businesses to want the most exposure they can to people passing by.  So here's two dynamic ways the town could've been placed.

CeUtBMx.png

It's a minor point after-the-fact, so I'm not saying it's a bad place... only that it could've been even better with some common world ecology thought or a more prominent story point to explain its location.

Fluffy Sock
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Is there though? I tried to find an article,  but my newspaper boy is glitched and I can't buy any copies of the New Hanover Gazette

I don't know, probably not.

a z

I wish Rockstar let you read Newspapers on their Social Club, them you can access them whenever you want.  

ShayD
12 hours ago, alz said:

From the size of town it is without a reason to construct back towards the cliff like a cul-de-sac, I'd expect businesses to want the most exposure they can to people passing by.  So here's two dynamic ways the town could've been placed.

CeUtBMx.png

It's a minor point after-the-fact, so I'm not saying it's a bad place... only that it could've been even better with some common world ecology thought or a more prominent story point to explain its location.

Just what I was thinking yesterday tbh. Its a shame because this could have potentially been one of the best towns we got, right along the river is such a nice spot in game.

12 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I notice there is a burned area of forest north of the town, I assumed it might have been a spot fire (embers carried by the wind)

I did notice that but I was thinking the fire could have spread the other way, from the town to the forest. But still yours is probably more likely than my theory, well spotted.

JC Hammer

I burned the place down after I took only 1 gold bar and then found out about the glitch too late! 

LeonVegaSuarez

The gold bar in the sheriff's office has respawned for me over 5 times so far. Each time after at least 4-5 ingame days. No glitch or nothing, just finding the lockbox closed and with a gold bar again.

Colm O'Driscoll had the town burned down.

ShayD
3 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Colm O'Driscoll had the town burned down.

Is there a source? I really wanna know what happened here

Edited by ShayD
uhhh typo

LeonVegaSuarez
19 hours ago, ShayD said:

Is there a source? I really wanna know what happened here

Just speculating and telling myself that it would make sense.

WPCatfish

A cow kicked over a lantern in the O'leary's barn.

ShayD
On 2/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Just speculating and telling myself that it would make sense.

Damn I got excited

coach_wargo

I think the location and layout actually make some sense. The town is next to the ford in the river, so it's at a crossroad of sorts. If you go to the left of the jail and up the hill it's looks like an old trail that is no longer used. It would be similar to the layout you have in blue. I think it old became a cul-de-sac after it burned out and folks stopped using that trail.

RCFTH04.png

On 2/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, alz said:

CeUtBMx.png