1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (February 12, 2019)

Sir McTim
5 hours ago, jamsroob said:

Has anybody already take a look at the horses in the screenshot? Because, I've never seen the grey horse most far on the right...

No new horses in that screen, the grey one is just a Kentucky Saddler...

Ryan5252
25 minutes ago, Sir McTim said:

No new horses in that screen, the grey one is just a Kentucky Saddler...

Kentucky Saddler, the Western Raven of the equine world.

ram_pete67
7 hours ago, CapoV91 said:

I was in that boat until today! I called my ISP and got them to change my NAT type to 2, immediately after that I played for over an hour without getting disconnected I went from black water to tumbleweed and back! Made over $150 hunting it was pretty awesome.

I think thats the issue i have. The fockers changed the modem and since than i have NAT3. I will change my provider and get back to NAT2. Tks. for the heads up

Revoemag
On 2/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, 4eyedcoupe said:

I don't like that if I look at the map in the pause menu that I won't be able to see where other players are.  I like the current system of the proximity dots only on my mini map and being able to see EVERYONE when I open the menu map. 

I agree. 

If anything,  player dots should be showing on the map when at range(so players have a general idea where others are) and no blip as players get closer only showing up if they have a bounty or firing a weapon

GTP_Monkey
On 2/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, ram_pete67 said:

I think thats the issue i have. The fockers changed the modem and since than i have NAT3. I will change my provider and get back to NAT2. Tks. for the heads up

You dont need to change your modem just go into its settings and open all ports or switch firewall off (use google) also do you have other gaming machines in the house if so they may well have Nat type 2 forcing your machine onto type 3 But as said go to your router settings. The only other reason you can get Nat type 3 is poor downlowd/upload and ping level, ping needs to be very low 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Ryan5252

So I suppose we can expect more news tomorrow as to what else they plan to add next week?

I'm actually hoping they bring in a character editor. A one off free Change Appearance option would be nice for those of us who look like rats.

Rafae S
3 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

So I suppose we can expect more news tomorrow as to what else they plan to add next week?

I'm actually hoping they bring in a character editor. A one off free Change Appearance option would be nice for those of us who look like rats.

yep. they'll also enable the 20% extra XP across all activities as promised last week.

ram_pete67
19 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

You dont need to change your modem just go into its settings and open all ports or switch firewall off (use google) also do you have other gaming machines in the house if so they may well have Nat type 2 forcing your machine onto type 3 But as said go to your router settings. The only other reason you can get Nat type 3 is poor downlowd/upload and ping level, ping needs to be very low 

I did change the settings following some guidelines i found. But still ended up with NAT 3. So i will have to check with provider. Tks. for your support. much appreciated

Ektope

So I'm told +20% XP bonus is active now already. Does anybody notice differences?

GTP_Monkey
58 minutes ago, Ektope said:

So I'm told +20% XP bonus is active now already. Does anybody notice differences?

Well in a fashion its working barely, In posse shot a boar and got 6 xp so + 20% there and shot several deer and got sweet FA  did a gang hideout and no xp for individual kills on enemy and and no 150 xp at end never mind a 20% bonus.

Rockstar have made yet another epic fail 

Ektope
Just now, GTP_Monkey said:

Well in a fashion its working barely, In posse shot a boar and got 6 xp so + 20% there and shot several deer and got sweet FA  did a gang hideout and no xp for individual kills on enemy and and no 150 xp at end never mind a 20% bonus.

Rockstar have made yet another epic fail 

A player kill that was 30 XP. It became 35 XP. So it does work.

GTP_Monkey
2 minutes ago, Ektope said:

A player kill that was 30 XP. It became 35 XP. So it does work.

I didn't say it doesn't work its f*cked up thats all my first kill gave me +20% if you had managed to read that bit but from then onwards i didn't receive any xp at all for anything else done 

Its broken

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Ektope
3 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

I didn't say it doesn't work its f*cked up thats all my first kill gave me +20% if you had managed to read that bit but from then onwards i didn't receive any xp at all for anything else done 

Its broken

I'm sure you'd still get +20% XP, if the screen did tell you that you earned XP from completing it.

When the XP amount doesn't show up, that's another different problem that has nothing do with +20% XP bonus.

GTP_Monkey
3 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I'm sure you'd still get +20% XP, if the screen did tell you that you earned XP from completing it.

When the XP amount doesn't show up, that's another different problem that has nothing do with +20% XP bonus.

After the first 2 deer where shot and not seeing any notification i made a mental note of my current level xp then proceeded to kill another deer and do the hideout, my current xp level didn't change. 

Its got to be linked somehow, Ive never encountered this issue before today, Probably another bug from a not to good code for the 20%

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Ektope
Just now, GTP_Monkey said:

After the first 2 deer where shot and not seeing any notification i made a mental note of my current level xp then proceeded to kill another deer and do the hideout, my current xp level didn't change. 

Its got to be linked somehow, Ive never encountered this issue before today

I just did a gang hideout a minute ago. It told me that I got 180 XP from clearing hideout. Seems to be working here.

GTP_Monkey
1 minute ago, Ektope said:

I just did a gang hideout a minute ago. It told me that I got 180 XP from clearing hideout. Seems to be working here.

Bugged it is then, I dont normally suffer the many bugs ive read about only the poorly horse one and the odd stranger not loading over the last couple days 

Will go back online after dinner and check it again, maybe the servers need a little time to settle

GTP_Monkey

Nothing on Newswire yet though 

rusbeckia
3 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Nothing on Newswire yet though 

Don‘t they usually update it later?

GTP_Monkey
27 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Don‘t they usually update it later?

Hopefully 

rusbeckia
22 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Hopefully 

3 1/2 hours from now a week ago they posted on twitter.

ShadowlessDevil
2 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Its got to be linked somehow, Ive never encountered this issue before today, Probably another bug from a not to good code for the 20%

I'm getting my additional 20% XP but I just killed an iguana and didn't get ANY xp at all!

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

I'm getting my additional 20% XP but I just killed an iguana and didn't get ANY xp at all!

Back online now and all is good so far

Chrismads

Strangers still doesn't work for me

Rafae S

Lol 20% extra XP but the content doesn't even f*cking work.

Bully2comingsoon

Hopefully we’re about to get more good news in these next few minutes. Almost time for newswire.

Edited by Bully2comingsoon

ThaBirdCoot

Good news would be if stuff started working again, I don't care what they gon add on the 26th stop breaking sh*t god damn it. I know it's repetetive and boring to some but I just want to play the f*cking stranger missions at least some of them and do my usual hideouts.

Dr.Rosenthal

^ Agreed, I’d be a whole lot more excited about the Newswire at this point if the game actually f*cking worked. What’s the reason to look forward to any of this broken bullsh*t?

4eyedcoupe

I wouldn't be surprised if there was no newswire today and they wait til thursday or friday 

ALifeOfMisery
13 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was no newswire today and they wait til thursday or friday 

New GTAO event starts on Thursday, tomorrow or Friday could happen though.

Friday Newswire before a Tuesday update has happened for GTAO many times.

clinical oppression

just got 600xp instead of 500xp for an award