4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan5252

What will happen in 12 months?

Ryan5252

In the sheer boredom waiting on updates I spent some time looking back over threads in this section from when it was first created. It was very interesting to see theories as the development evolved and trailers and teasers were released from R*

Some were absolutely absurd (hilariously so) and others were uncannily accurate (hello @Tonesta)

So, I was wondering if history would replicate itself again? Where do you see the game being just 12 months down the line?

Personally I think over the course of the next 12 months the game will obviously come out of beta and we should see at least two substantial DLCs. I'm hoping first and foremost for properties, somewhere we can call home and perhaps make money i.e Ranches or some version thereof. I'm also hoping for vehicles to be added. Not "war wagons" or anything weaponised, but something I can bring hunting and carry more than one carcass and two birds. It will also give us reasons to invest in proper work horses. I'd love a nice giant Shire but for now, there is little use. We can upgrade wagons from single horse drawn to two and finally four.

I hope that when the game finishes "Beta" all issues ranging from cosemtic (stubble!!!!) to kills despawning will be resolved. Lobbies will be sorted; private, free aim etc.

I think hotels will open up, or at least wilderness camps, so we can change and save outfits on the fly. Possibly Saloons will become more alive and dare I say it, gambling??

Any thoughts? Can anyone predict the future or will Take 2's greed sink the game?

Edited by Ryan5252

Danish Crusader

Given how it has been going, maybe we will get an actual useful guide by Rockstar?

Maybe, don't get your hopes up though =P

Chrismads

Some hope was restored when I heard that wagons will be added. It would really spice up free roam a lot. Possibly allowing other players to raid your wagon and steal your pelts 

Ryan5252
3 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Some hope was restored when I heard that wagons will be added. It would really spice up free roam a lot. Possibly allowing other players to raid your wagon and steal your pelts 

Where did you hear this from?

I imagine having your haul robbed will be a risk they will add but I suppose it depends on what limitations they will put on Invite only sessions similar to GTAO. I can't see them making these lobbies devoid of wildlife but they are sneaky enough to make it that we can't skin/collect parts in these lobbies. 

ALifeOfMisery
11 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Yes here :)

The only property that has a tagline, "Rugged homeliness in the countryside.", would suggest these are residential, rather than business properties, which I'm all for. 

I'm in no hurry to see freeroam businesses introduced.

IamCourtney
57 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

The only property that has a tagline, "Rugged homeliness in the countryside.", would suggest these are residential, rather than business properties, which I'm all for. 

I'm in no hurry to see freeroam businesses introduced.

I'm all for strictly residential properties but freeroam biz is #2 on my wishlist after free aim sessions.

Ryan5252
7 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

I'm all for strictly residential properties but freeroam biz is #2 on my wishlist after free aim sessions.

Exactly, there's only so much heron plumes will get you. Businesses are a must at some point. More important issues to be addressed first obviously, but businesses are inevitable I would think?

fromabovecomic

i was thinking they may expand on the features to peoples camps as they are not really used much from what i can see so far. Maybe populating camps with more NPCs with roles etc. A dog in a camp would be nice from a personal point of view (maybe not travel with you though as griefers would just shoot it)

2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

That gattling wagon has me a little worried. can you imagine those in the hands of griefer posses. it'll be like the ones that fly around in gtao with their helicopter gunships

rusbeckia
25 minutes ago, fromabovecomic said:

i was thinking they may expand on the features to peoples camps as they are not really used much from what i can see so far. Maybe populating camps with more NPCs with roles etc. A dog in a camp would be nice from a personal point of view (maybe not travel with you though as griefers would just shoot it)

That gattling wagon has me a little worried. can you imagine those in the hands of griefer posses. it'll be like the ones that fly around in gtao with their helicopter gunships

lol at gatling wagons. Never ever managed someone to kill me with one, only a few tried though.

AUScowboy

12 months? If we're lucky well have the second full update by then...

That rockstar Intel site is super annoying with the ads, maybe format the info in the OP next time? Just a friendly suggestion.

fromabovecomic
8 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

lol at gatling wagons. Never ever managed someone to kill me with one, only a few tried though.

more that it ruins the feel of the game. GTAO just doesnt have the immersion due to the constant expolsions. just feels like a giant death match. keep that for the multiplayer modes and let the free roam  drive the story and immersion factor.

Deadman2112

If the leaks are true, none of that is very interesting.

Hope they have more...

Edited by Deadman2112

Ryan5252
11 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

That rockstar Intel site is super annoying with the ads, maybe format the info in the OP next time? Just a friendly suggestion.

Rockstar Intel was linked by a different member...

Jason

I wouldn't trust Rockstar Intel as far as I could throw them to be honest. When they're not clickbaiting they're jumping to massive conclusions based on little evidence.

éX-Driver

We’ll have 6 new guns, some new clothes, 3-6 new horse breeds. Be able to buy wagons/carts. Some new maps for pvp modes. That’s it, probably

Foxwolfe

I keep seeing people mention free aim lobbies but unless they're also going to be ability card free at the same time I don't see it happening given a free aim lobby would almost completely negate the effects of one of the dead eye cards in regards to pvp. Unless maybe I'm overthinking this?

Don't get me wrong though I hope I'm wrong as the more time goes on the more I want to play without auto aim.

Ektope
24 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

I keep seeing people mention free aim lobbies but unless they're also going to be ability card free at the same time I don't see it happening given a free aim lobby would almost completely negate the effects of one of the dead eye cards in regards to pvp. Unless maybe I'm overthinking this?

Don't get me wrong though I hope I'm wrong as the more time goes on the more I want to play without auto aim.

I think it's true that free aim lobbies won't come at all. There is settings where you can change aiming to free aim. So I don't see the lobby type happening. I think it's better for auto aim and free aim players to play together to increase population. Otherwise, it's GTA free aim and auto aim lobbies separated all over again. I couldn't play with my friends on auto aim. I'll probably switch to free aim once I'm bored.

Edited by Ektope

ALifeOfMisery
9 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Exactly, there's only so much heron plumes will get you. Businesses are a must at some point. More important issues to be addressed first obviously, but businesses are inevitable I would think?

Oh, they are inevitable if the game lives long enough.

I'm just in no rush to see RDO turn into something even more grindy than it already is. I've played a R* get rich and own everything sim for 5+ years, RDO doesn't need to turn into a frontier tycoon warlord sim, IMO. Just look at GTAO pre and post 2016.

Pre 2016, grinding the same 2 contact missions so you have enough money for an Entity or Adder was grindy, sure.

Post 2016, freeroam businesses progressively take grinding to higher levels, add in business cash sinks, further promotes players interacting negatively with one another.

Honestly, each to their own, but we know what freeroam businesses will look like, don't we? Buy a building (gold only?), Upgrade said building for slightly better profits, every so often drive a slow, one mule cart, across 3 states, making 5 drops, all while the entire lobby is alerted to your exact location at all times.

I'm all for player choice, if you want to run a moonshine distillery from the swamp, that should be an option, you want to breed horses, that's fine too, but the game needs to have a broader scope than either being broke or being forced into playing as Leviticus Cornwall. 

There needs to be dynamic money making opportunities, freeroam home, business, train and bank robberies for those who actually want to play as an outlaw rather than a shady businessperson.

Give players who want to play honourably more things to do as well, hunt down bounties, rescue missions, clear predators from livestock farms etc.

Options are everything in a game like RDO, I just don't want to see it go down the GTAO route, most of us have been there, done that.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

ALifeOfMisery
22 minutes ago, ivarblaauw said:

Legend has foretold that we'll get a teaser today for a major update on Thursday.

But it can just as good become a myth. Take with a truckload of salt

Source:

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/rumors/rumor-red-dead-onlines-first-major-update-might-arrive-tomorrow/

Saw this yesterday, I highly doubt R* are going to blow their load and implement business properties while the game is still in beta. 

It all came from a Reddit wannabe who also foretold of a Bully 2 teaser that never materialised.

I guess we'll see.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

XAIKON

I just hope that 12 months on, we might have some of the game-breaking day-1 glitches fixed, like actually having a stranger mission trigger more than every 1/200 attempts. Current track record doesn't have me very confident in that yet though

CapoV91

I can't believe I went and got PS+ for this game and its in the state its in. Im gonna grind as much as I can till my 3 months expires and I wont be renewing until there is some significant content upgrades. 

All that to say I hope in 12 months the game will be running smoothly with lots of variety in things to do and interesting ways to spend and earn cash

Edited by CapoV91

fryday

maybe we have the revolutionary new mmo experience, rockstar promised us...

ALifeOfMisery
6 minutes ago, fryday said:

maybe we have the revolutionary new mmo experience, rockstar promised us...

I laughed hard lol.

R* can give us an mmorpg style grind, but seem either unwilling or unable to give us the mmorpg style content or progression to go along with said grind.

Ryan5252
3 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Oh, they are inevitable if the game lives long enough.

I'm just in no rush to see RDO turn into something even more grindy than it already is. I've played a R* get rich and own everything sim for 5+ years, RDO doesn't need to turn into a frontier tycoon warlord sim, IMO. Just look at GTAO pre and post 2016.

Pre 2016, grinding the same 2 contact missions so you have enough money for an Entity or Adder was grindy, sure.

Post 2016, freeroam businesses progressively take grinding to higher levels, add in business cash sinks, further promotes players interacting negatively with one another.

Honestly, each to their own, but we know what freeroam businesses will look like, don't we? Buy a building (gold only?), Upgrade said building for slightly better profits, every so often drive a slow, one mule cart, across 3 states, making 5 drops, all while the entire lobby is alerted to your exact location at all times.

I'm all for player choice, if you want to run a moonshine distillery from the swamp, that should be an option, you want to breed horses, that's fine too, but the game needs to have a broader scope than either being broke or being forced into playing as Leviticus Cornwall. 

There needs to be dynamic money making opportunities, freeroam home, business, train and bank robberies for those who actually want to play as an outlaw rather than a shady businessperson.

Give players who want to play honourably more things to do as well, hunt down bounties, rescue missions, clear predators from livestock farms etc.

Options are everything in a game like RDO, I just don't want to see it go down the GTAO route, most of us have been there, done that.

Excellent points. I'm sick of being a shady business person as well. The idea of drawing moonshine or whatever across three states in a donkey wagon gave me real chills. 

When I started GTAO I gave my character a real backstory but now, he owns a nightclub and an underground arms bunker. He's a proficient pilot both fixed wing and rotary (and flying bikes, cars). It all got far too over the top. I've $120 million and haven't played in 3 months. Money isn't everything if the game isn't fun.

I really, really hope RDO doesn't become GTAO just in a different setting. I too want to live the outlaw life in the same way I did in story mode. Robberies, heists, hunting. Build up to a nice ranch, have posse members call round for a drink on the porch. 

ALifeOfMisery
5 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Excellent points. I'm sick of being a shady business person as well. The idea of drawing moonshine or whatever across three states in a donkey wagon gave me real chills. 

When I started GTAO I gave my character a real backstory but now, he owns a nightclub and an underground arms bunker. He's a proficient pilot both fixed wing and rotary (and flying bikes, cars). It all got far too over the top. I've $120 million and haven't played in 3 months. Money isn't everything if the game isn't fun.

I really, really hope RDO doesn't become GTAO just in a different setting. I too want to live the outlaw life in the same way I did in story mode. Robberies, heists, hunting. Build up to a nice ranch, have posse members call round for a drink on the porch. 

I do think the game should facilitate the type of player who wants to play as the frontier tycoon type, but it shouldn't funnel all players down that path, there should also be viable alternatives. 

My GTAO experience matches up with yours. I had a backstory for my character, which was completely abandoned because post 2016 you either played as the billionaire warlord psychopath or you got left behind.

RDO needs to be, and deserves to be, deeper than "get rich, buy everything, kill everyone". 

Ryan5252
4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Buy a building (gold only?), 

I'm sure it will be regular dollars when it comes in and gold (real life money) for cosmetic upgrades to allow us to gamble.

I really hope that's the case as I'd love to play a game of poker where I can literally bet the farm 😂

DrKrankenstein
15 hours ago, Chrismads said:

lol, this is what's gonna happen:

full posse, lvl 200 and up,  7 wagons with miniguns.. enjoy......