1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Marion Williamson

Did i became suddenly good or it was them ability cards?

Marion Williamson

1st of all, i'm not an „internet persona“ but i needed to create this account cause i'm confused. 2nd of all, i'm a noob, no point denying that. I suffered through the worst Free Roam griefers and got smacked heavily by higher players in Showdowns. Those high dudes werent that good, they just never died after my shots. When i started i remember how furious i was when shooting in player's heads several times and they would still kill me. Or when i can't aim at them cause of that Dead Eye card. Or when pumping players in front of me with shotgun and they wouldn't die. Bear in mind, at that point i had no idea what ability cards are or how they work.

Then i did the famous St. Denis cop leveling up thingy for a month. Needless to say, after leveling up i  immediately bought Slow and Steady, Never Without one, Winning Streak, Slippery Bastard and Paint it Black and some other ability card gems.

My luck changed. Now i became the predator, not the prey. Now i went after them in Free Roam, now i became a quality showdown player. My kills went up, my deaths went down and i can finally say: I'm a good PVP player. But am i really??? I honestly don't know.

Just wanted to ask what you guys think, did the cards gave me a boost in my skillz or i really got gud even though i didn't played PVP that much?

Are ability cards a placebo? Or they give enormus amount of strength in PVP.

Dr.Rosenthal

Ability cards do make a huge difference, if they’re used correctly, especially against lower levels (naturally).

Try fighting someone with a high level and a Tier 3 ability loadout and you’ll know how good you are. I don’t especially mind the ability cards really, I think they bring an interesting dynamic to the PvP in how we choose to utilize them. Except if you’re a low level.

But from my experience, it’s most often the lower levels who’s starting sh*t while the higher ones are either friendly or keep to themselves. Mainly, anyway.

Nice nick btw, and welcome to the forums!

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

ThaBirdCoot

No, it's just the cards. I always feel dirty using them, but if ya can't beat 'em, join em right ? Right ? ....

hotrats773

Ha! I'm the same way. Speaking for me, I'm horrible in any kind of PvP (level 1015 in GTA and KDR of .00000021 should tell you how leet I am). Now in RDR and suffering the same type of fate early on, I made sure to get those cards. Tables have turned. I know for a fact that any hardcore PvPers could still have their way with me. But overall, I feel like I have a fighting chance now.

Welcome 😁

Ektope
20 hours ago, Marion Williamson said:

1st of all, i'm not an „internet persona“ but i needed to create this account cause i'm confused. 2nd of all, i'm a noob, no point denying that. I suffered through the worst Free Roam griefers and got smacked heavily by higher players in Showdowns. Those high dudes werent that good, they just never died after my shots. When i started i remember how furious i was when shooting in player's heads several times and they would still kill me. Or when i can't aim at them cause of that Dead Eye card. Or when pumping players in front of me with shotgun and they wouldn't die. Bear in mind, at that point i had no idea what ability cards are or how they work.

Then i did the famous St. Denis cop leveling up thingy for a month. Needless to say, after leveling up i  immediately bought Slow and Steady, Never Without one, Winning Streak, Slippery Bastard and Paint it Black and some other ability card gems.

My luck changed. Now i became the predator, not the prey. Now i went after them in Free Roam, now i became a quality showdown player. My kills went up, my deaths went down and i can finally say: I'm a good PVP player. But am i really??? I honestly don't know.

Just wanted to ask what you guys think, did the cards gave me a boost in my skillz or i really got gud even though i didn't played PVP that much?

Are ability cards a placebo? Or they give enormus amount of strength in PVP.

If you say that you're a noob, that means you think you're inexperienced.

How high levelled were those other players in showdown? There's people in 100's, 200's, 300's and 400's. How were they not good?

You shouldn't have done saint denis cop farming for one month. You could get from level 1 to 100 in a week from showdown. And get paid at the same with $ money and gold.

You might think you've become a predator, but sure. That's for against inexperienced players who are or aren't using cards. But that doesn't mean you're at the top of the food chain like an apex predator.

I don't know what you think a quality showdown player is. If someone can consistently win game modes like most wanted, name your weapon (free for all) and go over 20+ to 90~ kills in any game modes. Then that seems like a quality showdown player to me. Or basically the definition of me if you ever saw me play.

In my opinion, you don't seem like a good PvP player. Just an inexperienced player who recently found out that cards helped.

There is much more to learn, even after getting tier III cards maxed out. You gotta know strategies, tactics, how to counter other experienced players who use dead eye. Map knowledge, using the right weapons, ammunition type and so on. You will know you're good enough or experienced if you can beat a lobby with several level 100's, 200's, 300's or 400's.

And pretty much what @Dr.Rosenthal said.

Just like how you said that the higher levelled players weren't dying to your shots. Will they still die to your shots, even if you used slow and steady III? How are you gonna kill someone if you're furiously shooting their head several times? You need to change your ways. If you can't auto lock onto players using slippery III, how are you gonna counter 'em?

So yeah, much more to learn about PvP. I could give a lot of tips on this since I know pretty much everything there is to know.

But most people would rather send me hate mails and trash messages, rather than asking for advice.

You'll know you're good enough when you get vote kicked. Or even 13 people voting to kick you, then you eventually disconnect.

Edited by Ektope

Marion Williamson

Thanks for the input guys, makes much more sense now.

So it's the abilty cards after all. Well i'll upgrade the Slippery one cause it's great, peeps can't aim at me loool. 

4 hours ago, Ektope said:

There is much more to learn, even after getting tier III cards maxed out. You gotta know strategies, tactics, how to counter other experienced players who use dead eye. Map knowledge, using the right weapons, ammunition type and so on. You will know you're good enough or experienced if you can beat a lobby with several level 100's, 200's, 300's or 400's.

Judging from my experience so far, there's only 1 worthwhile tactics: buy the ability cards. And from what i saw, high level players only use ability card tactics that makes them hard to kill, buy and upgrade. So i disagree, respectfully of course. I'll keep playing but  there's no any major tactics involved except ability cards.

Ektope
15 minutes ago, Marion Williamson said:

Thanks for the input guys, makes much more sense now.

So it's the abilty cards after all. Well i'll upgrade the Slippery one cause it's great, peeps can't aim at me loool. 

Everyone has ability cards by the time they're past level 100+. But only a few people stand out, even if they all use the same cards. So it's not just the cards. Something else is missing as well. Whoever knows more would dominate.

If someone used slippery III, I wouldn't aim at 'em. But still, I can take them out. Also, you're gonna have to learn how to use these dead eye abilities effectively. There's many ways to use them.

If you don't make use of these cards properly compared to someone who uses 'em smartly, it won't be an even playing field. Just having cards isn't a magic wand to make you win every time.

Edited by Ektope

Chrismads

If someone can consistently win game modes like most wanted, name your weapon (free for all) and go over 20+ to 90~ kills in any game modes. Then that seems like a quality showdown player to me. Or basically the definition of me if you ever saw me play.

*Takes break to rub one out thinking about how awesome he is*

But most people would rather send me hate mails and trash messages, rather than asking for advice.

*Takes break to highfive self and flex tiny biceps*

You'll know you're good enough when you get vote kicked. Or even 13 people voting to kick you, then you eventually disconnect.

Ektope are you on Ps4? I'm not very good at pvp, but I'd like to battle you to see if your skills matches how full of yourself you seem

Zoop_Leroy

Another thing that's made the game easier for you is gun affinity.  I recently started another character and was surprised by how many head shots I miss and the clumsy handling of weapons compared to my level 100+.

Ektope
4 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

*Takes break to rub one out thinking about how awesome he is*

*Takes break to highfive self and flex tiny biceps*

Ektope are you on Ps4? I'm not very good at pvp, but I'd like to battle you to see if your skills matches how full of yourself you seem

Xbox. I wasn't trying to brag, lol. But it's the hard truth.

7 minutes ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Another thing that's made the game easier for you is gun affinity.  I recently started another character and was surprised by how many head shots I miss and the clumsy handling of weapons compared to my level 100+.

You wouldn't miss 'em in dead eye though. 100% accuracy.

Zoop_Leroy

Someone on reddit claimed that Ektope has already logged over 1000 hours (41+ days) on rdr online.  Not sure how they would know that since you can't view online stats yet on social club, but if it's true, then holy $&#*

16 minutes ago, Ektope said:

You wouldn't miss 'em in dead eye though. 100% accuracy.

True, but I hardly use dead eye for my new character because it drains too fast.  The carbine repeater is also the most useless weapon in the game.

Edited by Zoop_Leroy

Ektope
7 minutes ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Someone on reddit claimed that Ektope has already logged over 1000 hours (41+ days) on rdr online.  Not sure how they would know that since you can't view online stats yet on social club, but if it's true, then holy $&#*

True, but I hardly use dead eye for my new character because it drains too fast.  The carbine repeater is also the most useless weapon in the game.

I wanna see that thread.

The carbine repeater is great in name your weapon (teams) on annesburg. It's how to go over 40+ kills.

There is a trick to shoot headshots while in dead eye, then refill like 1/4 of bar with eye for an eye III. You should use unblinking eye III as well to slow down that drain.

Edited by Ektope

ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

RDO has only been available for 77 days, how would anyone log 41 days of playtime so far? 

I mean it's possible, if you basically sleep and play. But how would work/school/college/anything fit around that?

Zoop_Leroy
15 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I wanna see that thread.

The carbine repeater is great in name your weapon (teams) on annesburg. It's how to go over 40+ kills.

I've seen your name mentioned numerous times in youtube videos and reddit.  The first time was when one of the big youtube clickbaiters posted a video about you back in December when you were perhaps the first player to reach level 100.  On reddit, your name usually comes up when someone posts a screencap of a high rank and asks if it's real.

13 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

RDO has only been available for 77 days, how would anyone log 41 days of playtime so far? 

I mean it's possible, if you basically sleep and play. But how would work/school/college/anything fit around that?

Some people have superhuman endurance I guess.  My crew leader in gtao has over 400 days played on PS4 alone lol.

Edited by Zoop_Leroy

ALifeOfMisery
10 minutes ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Some people have superhuman endurance I guess.  My crew leader in gtao has over 400 days played on PS4 alone lol.

In GTAO? I can see that being possible.

But 41 days played out of the 77 since ultimate edition owners got access to RDO? Like I said, it's possible, but it means playing for over 12 hours a day, every day, so they'd be doing pretty much nothing else other than playing RDO, eating and sleeping.

No judgement, but that's pretty extreme.

jamsroob
13 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

But 41 days played out of the 77 since ultimate edition owners got access to RDO? Like I said, it's possible, but it means playing for over 12 hours a day, every day, so they'd be doing pretty much nothing else other than playing RDO, eating and sleeping.

In the early days I came across people being afk in races, so it's possible I quess...

Ryan5252
27 minutes ago, jamsroob said:

In the early days I came across people being afk in races, so it's possible I quess...

That would account for probably 10-15 ranks at most. It only lasted a week or so IIRC. 

Some people collect stamps, others plane spot. Some are good at videos games. It doesn't need a conspiracy theory. 

Assblaster
13 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Some folks are lucky enough to have a lot of time on their hands; I sure wish I did.

Ghoffman9
17 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I believe Colonel 100 can explain it best.

Mayochiki

Definetly the cards. The idea of not getting one shotted and having the chance to kill anyone with the goat of all times varmint doesn't sound so fair to me

Oldsport

so what is this st denis glitch? i have to do it

Ektope
1 hour ago, Mayochiki said:

Definetly the cards. The idea of not getting one shotted and having the chance to kill anyone with the goat of all times varmint doesn't sound so fair to me

Definitely experience and knowledge. I reset my character and I'm scoring MVP's and winning matches against Level 100's and Level 200's. I'm only Level 10 right now, lol.

Assblaster
11 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Definitely experience and knowledge. I reset my character and I'm scoring MVP's and winning matches against Level 100's and Level 200's. I'm only Level 10 right now, lol.

Impressive, my hat's off to you then, for sure. But why do it? you could have just made another account (unless you're on xbox, it might be different on xbox). At least you can keep your cash & gold when you reset.

Ektope
1 minute ago, Assblaster said:

Impressive, my hat's off to you then, for sure. But why do it? you could have just made another account (unless you're on xbox, it might be different on xbox). At least you can keep your cash & gold when you reset.

I didn't want to wait for rockstar to give us the option to change our character. It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm not regretting it. I've added things like blue eyes, the lipstick bug isn't there anymore, changed the body type, changed name. So it's fine now. Getting Level 100 will be very easy. I had plenty of gold and $ money, so it wasn't a problem.

Jason

The cards will help massively against people who don't know what card does what and how to counter against them but if you play smart knowing they exist, what they can do and how to counter them then pure skill comes back into it.

Ektope
1 minute ago, Jason said:

The cards will help massively against people who don't know what card does what and how to counter against them but if you play smart knowing they exist, what they can do and how to counter them then pure skill comes back into it.

Pretty much yeah. Like me, I've only got focus fire I on. That's all. People were using slow and steady III when approaching me. I just let 'em come close and blast them with the free pump action shotgun with focus fire I from ultimate edition. Even the free varmint still works against nearly everything. People running are very vulnerable to headshots.

wehweh01

Since I use freeaim there's never a question of whether I earned kills or not. Super dependent on Slippery Bastard though :p