3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

v1.00 advantages?

Kirk Lazarus

Actually weapon locker is a piece of useless trash, as game still forces some weapons on you in certain missions.

• Like 4

Well.  Trying to get thru all this and keep it straight.  I am currently doing Story Mode in my PS4.  My Xbone has been sitting unused for a couple of years due to having to move some things around and the wifes pet pot bellied pig eating my headphones.  [[I game late night to early AM and, being Deafish, use the headphones to not keep the wife awake all night-nothing like her being asleep and me shooting some obnoxious NPC and having her come awake screaming "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!?"]]

So, Xbone I finished the game and know it has the Day one patch-did they patch the Bronte Glitch or was that later?

My goal is to set Arthur up with everything and stop advancing before the Doc visit.

I actually have and RDR! Save I still play that stop right before the final shootout for John-I glitched everything but the LotW outfit as that Mission on ly happens for Jack.

My goal is to get the New Austin and other South Map goodies for Arthur then patch and see if he keeps the goodies plus can get the bonus horses and weapons [[I'm a fan of the Evans-vision issues means I cannpt always see the target so need to put a lot of lead in the air]]

So, will updating the V1.0 after doing all that render them unplayable or erase those things?

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated my game from a version that was released back in 2019.

There is now visible pop-ups. Peds, animals, etc. pop up from thin air 50-100 away from me. Right in front of my eyes.

Have more people experienced this? If so, when was this problem introduced?

I installed 1.00 yesterday and I was very disappointed by the lack of the Standard FPS2 control scheme, it made it difficult for me to play this after using it for 2 years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend using 1.00 on Xbox Series X and PS5 for the best possible experience if you’re planning on replaying. Especially if you’re on Xbox Series X since it already forces 16x texture filtering on a system level which is applied across every backwards compatible title. 

With the console SSDs it can push loading up to little as 25 seconds. I have performed two save tests in Valentine (25 seconds) and Saint Denis, notably known for taking longer to load (24 seconds). Of course, on the latest patch it takes a little bit longer, in most cases the loading takes up to 40 seconds, this is due to the single player also loading the online assets (?). This is something Rockstar needs to address since it also affects GTAV massively on the last generation consoles on the latest patch. 

I also noticed the frame rate holds a complete locked 30 frames. I remember the performance didn’t quite hold up on Xbox One X and the base consoles but the extra horsepower of the next generation consoles will them iron out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 9:04 AM, VideoTech_ said:

I recommend using 1.00 on Xbox Series X and PS5 for the best possible experience if you’re planning on replaying. Especially if you’re on Xbox Series X since it already forces 16x texture filtering on a system level which is applied across every backwards compatible title. 

With the console SSDs it can push loading up to little as 25 seconds. I have performed two save tests in Valentine (25 seconds) and Saint Denis, notably known for taking longer to load (24 seconds). Of course, on the latest patch it takes a little bit longer, in most cases the loading takes up to 40 seconds, this is due to the single player also loading the online assets (?). This is something Rockstar needs to address since it also affects GTAV massively on the last generation consoles on the latest patch. 

I also noticed the frame rate holds a complete locked 30 frames. I remember the performance didn’t quite hold up on Xbox One X and the base consoles but the extra horsepower of the next generation consoles will them iron out. 

So it's possible to run 1.0 on XSX? Don't you need to download a patch for backward compatibility?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CH14R1 said:

So it's possible to run 1.0 on XSX? Don't you need to download a patch for backward compatibility?

Yes. But you'll need to be online to verify the ownership. You will get promoted to do an update but don't worry, just decline and go straight offline in the Xbox network settings. 

Edited by VideoTech_

• 2 weeks later...
Neo_Trunks

Here you go! This is my first ever post, so bear with me.

What you're about to see is a series of (PS4 Pro) screenshots taken between October and December 2018. This is not 100% pure master-race v1.00 but it's pretty damn close :)

I'm doing this mainly because I've been following this thread for a long while, and always loved to check out those rare few screenshots from previous builds of the game...

(Imgur is being a little bitch and won't let me upload more images than what you're seeing right now. I'll try again later to send you the rest of them)

Enjoy!

UHYCL1E.jpg

L2H3gYW.jpeg

b2Jh5E6.jpeg

y86qdxW.jpeg

LFds6kz.jpeg

BSq2VN2.jpg

BCi5mso.jpeg

ew4WJ6B.jpeg

9XrGeVt.jpg

u7d0zAU.jpeg

T0beBUJ.jpg

Pur0GvK.jpg

hRfa0dC.jpg

mzjTBA3.jpeg

• Like 5

what is the best version to play story mode?

Which version is has the minimal bugs ?

i heard that 1.02 - molly vanished from camp and stuff.... 

• 1 month later...
Red_hot_redemption

Would love some help if anyone knows how to advise. I'm currently on chapter 3 playing on un patched V1.0. I am curious about recent patched ( I have heard about better sky box and better weather transitions) and would like to update and play around on recent patches for a bit. However if I feel like downgrading again is it possible to do so, with my save file still working? I think it should be ok as long as I'm not on the epilogue but I'm not sure and don't want to risk it and loose my save game. I'm on xbox if that help, any help would be appreciated, thanks 

JetNormalGuy
On 7/2/2021 at 11:45 PM, Red_hot_redemption said:

Would love some help if anyone knows how to advise. I'm currently on chapter 3 playing on un patched V1.0. I am curious about recent patched ( I have heard about better sky box and better weather transitions) and would like to update and play around on recent patches for a bit. However if I feel like downgrading again is it possible to do so, with my save file still working? I think it should be ok as long as I'm not on the epilogue but I'm not sure and don't want to risk it and loose my save game. I'm on xbox if that help, any help would be appreciated, thanks 

Last time I tried, 1.0 saves can be played on newer patches, but saves from the recent patch can't be played in 1.0, but Im in PS4 and I don't know if its gonna be the same thing on your XBOX, so I suggest you Back up all your save files before you try out revent patches just in case it ends up not working because you never know.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:14 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Last time I tried, 1.0 saves can be played on newer patches, but saves from the recent patch can't be played in 1.0, but Im in PS4 and I don't know if its gonna be the same thing on your XBOX, so I suggest you Back up all your save files before you try out revent patches just in case it ends up not working because you never know.

This is correct, I have had the same problem, I got a physical edition of the game and it wouldn't load my saves from the most recent patch, back up the saves if you are planning on switching between the two builds.

I unfortunately had to switch back to the most recent build on PS4 mainly because of the lack of the Standard FPS 2 control scheme and Photomode, first one is really annoying to me as it is how I played RDR2 for the past two years and GTA 5 too.

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

I attest, I really liked photo mode, but I prefer being able to go to New Austin to screw around as Arthur whenever I like

I can't share my photo mode pictures with anyone else anyway because my camera roll is full on social club and I have no way to upload my PS4 photos so it's no significant loss really

Red_hot_redemption

OK, thanks for the help, would anyone be able to link a YouTube tutorial on how to back up save files on the xbox one x as I have no idea how to do it and don't want to mess it to,  thanks 

At first I thought you just were lazy to search it yourself but now I can see that there probably isn't any video about this. At least not specifically for saves. What I found and I would watch though are the following:

By the way, this doesn't seem to be relevant to the topic tbh.

Red_hot_redemption

I did look onto it myself but like you said most of what I could find was transferring to the new xbox, and as I'm many hours Into it I don't want to second guess it and loose my progress

Cutter De Blanc

Okay, so I've been trying to do the Limpany gold bar glitch again, but every time I head to Limpany the Gold Bar is BEHIND the lockbox, and the lockbox is still pulled out, and when I try to do the glitch it doesn't work, and upon reloading the bar just isn't there anymore. How do I get it to work again? I've done it a couple of times already, so I know the steps, but none of them mention the bar being behind the box, and it seems like that is messing everything up

Red_hot_redemption
On 7/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Okay, so I've been trying to do the Limpany gold bar glitch again, but every time I head to Limpany the Gold Bar is BEHIND the lockbox, and the lockbox is still pulled out, and when I try to do the glitch it doesn't work, and upon reloading the bar just isn't there anymore. How do I get it to work again? I've done it a couple of times already, so I know the steps, but none of them mention the bar being behind the box, and it seems like that is messing everything up

I've been doing it alot recently and it works for me, i do have to move around a fair but for the prompt to 'pick up' to be there instead of 'lock box' often find it helps to be back and to the left of the box

So, is it 1.00 the best way to play the game even after the patch from yesterday? It'd be an interesting way of revisiting the campaign

Edited by BAGS00

Are the graphics really are better in 1.00? Or is it just a myth? 

I think it’s better. It’s not something the average joe would notice but for us real fans it’s better regarding ambient lighting, SSAO, even texture sharpness.

It’s the launch version, aimed for big reviews.. Everything that came later was a downhill to improve RDO performance. 

• Like 1

took some 4K screenshots on 1.00 and latest patch. Tried to match them up best I can 

note: arthur’s bugged texture on his lower lip is 1.00 https://imgur.com/a/Z86zWuq

The lighting differences is very noticeable when you switch back And fourth between them. I couldn’t figure out how to make a gif without butchering the quality 

Edited by n_e_f
Clarification
  • Like 1

daltontigerboy
On 7/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, n_e_f said:

It’s a placebo-fueled myth perpetuated by a small handful of users on this sub-forum. They know who they are.

I debunked it almost 2 years ago now.

Rockstar did downgrade the AO (ambient occlusion) on consoles in patch 1.03, which lasted until patch 1.09 when they finally restored it to how it was in 1.02 (the day 1 patch).

Other than that though, if we’re purely talking about graphical quality, the game has not been downgraded from 1.00

I made several like-for-like screenshot comparisons in the thread linked above showing 1.00 vs 1.13 (the most current version at that time).

After the release of the 1.03 patch in November of 2018 that downgraded the AO, the small handful of users on here that I alluded to earlier spent the entire year crying “downgrade” out of paranoia after every new patch was released.

It all just screamed ‘placebo’ to me, so I decided to find out the actual scientific truth - and the results are in those screenshots as you can clearly see.

Granted, that investigation happened in October 2019 on patch 1.13, so I can’t speak with certainty to the state of the game today as I haven’t played it in quite some time.

I know that new bugs and glitches get fixed and introduced with each patch - but I’d wager that the graphics have remained unaltered since then, considering they were never actually altered in the first place (other than the aforementioned AO).

Had Rockstar never downgraded the AO in patch 1.03, none of this “graphics downgrade” talk would have ever existed. Only once the seed was planted in certain minds with 1.03 did it become a topic of constant scrutiny here, and it’s been that way ever since, regardless of the actual truth.

Edited by daltontigerboy
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, n_e_f said:

I didn't found any difference tbh in terms of graphics and performance but I'm no expert.

Current version is more buggy that's for sure.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:23 PM, DelLobo said:

I didn't found any difference tbh in terms of graphics and performance but I'm no expert.

Current version is more buggy that's for sure.

Really? Thought it'd be more polished

deletd post.

Edited by n_e_f
i have made a mistake. i apologize if i misled anyone. it wasnt my intention.
  • YEE 2

On 7/20/2021 at 3:04 AM, n_e_f said:

im not suggesting there is a downgrade, but the difference is quite substantial. i will let you be the judge yourself. here are some 1.00 vs latest update comparisons i have made. the one with the emanating breath is 1.00, not sure they had removed it. pearsons appearance has also been altered

https://imgur.com/gallery/UD0x84Y

https://imgur.com/gallery/35bvyFW

Damn, saw this 2 on reddit and now people are discussing about downgrades again over there

On 7/21/2021 at 1:42 AM, BAGS00 said:

Damn, saw this 2 on reddit and now people are discussing about downgrades again over there

Except for a small obnoxious minority (you know who you are!🤪) everyone knows there were downgrades after 1.00. That's why there's been so many threads, posts and gaming website articles about it for years now. With 1.03 they especially downgraded the AO, an important aspect of the overall graphics. 1+1=2! Simple math. Just google it.

According to some though (you know who you are!🥳) it's a myth, swamp gas, mass hallucination and religious hysteria perpetrated by a small number of despicable masters of the dark arts that lurk in the shadows of this forum.:devil: 

• 2 months later...

Comment deleted.

Edited by Dudu RDRII
Comment deleted.
  • Like 1

I had taken to disconnecting from the internet before I start the game, to avoid having to delete the update every time, but it seems the game often doesn't like this, and won't load the title screen without connecting to the internet. It'll load the shot gun and the copyright screen, but then won't go to the title screen instead I get the revolver chamber spinning infinitely on the bottom right corner. Once I connect to the internet again the title screen loads up fine. Just a heads up.

• Like 1