Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

v1.00 advantages?


Kirk Lazarus

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

That's weird. It only happened to me when I downgraded and played the game without the SE content installed. 

I remembered you mentioning that and attempted to circumvent it to no avail

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
7 hours ago, Birdy22 said:

Well I have reinstalled the game on my Xbox one X and V 1.0 is running with all my savegames. It runs smoothly and looks perfect. Only the map jerky something when zooming.
I think it's important to go offline after installation (before inserting the play disk). I then also pulled the network plug and wlan off.

It doesn’t work for me, offline or online. The disc needs to be verified... there is no network cable to unplug, it’s all WiFi. And everything is off. The game does not run offline, it’s as simple as that.

 

Could you please post a short video of you starting the game(V 1.0) on One X. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry what's the use of a video. I already have the game installed. I do not want to do that again just for the video. I can only tell you how I did it.
1. Uninstall game
2. Switch off console and restart
3. Insert Install Disk 1
4. Decline request for update.
5.Once prompt, insert Disk 2
6.Game again requires Disk 1 Press Xbox Button and go offline.
7. Now insert Disk 1
8. Start the game.

The game looks sharper. Especially the mountains in the distance. and the haze is less. Everything is rich in contrasts.
For a comparison you would have to make screenshots of both versions in the same weather.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Birdy22 said:

Sorry what's the use of a video. I already have the game installed. I do not want to do that again just for the video. I can only tell you how I did it.
1. Uninstall game
2. Switch off console and restart
3. Insert Install Disk 1
4. Decline request for update.
5.Once prompt, insert Disk 2
6.Game again requires Disk 1 Press Xbox Button and go offline.
7. Now insert Disk 1
8. Start the game.

The game looks sharper. Especially the mountains in the distance. and the haze is less. Everything is rich in contrasts.
For a comparison you would have to make screenshots of both versions in the same weather.

Nice! Would love some screenshots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7th Ward Charizard

I usually lurk on here and been following this thread. It works.I’m on the og xbone and wasn’t expecting it to with the online verificationbut surprisingly it did. downside is that one of my save files corrupted but it was worth it for my game to not look like total dogsh*t (on a 4K). It says 1099.25 in my settings so I know it worked for sure. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, O.Z said:

It doesn’t work for me, offline or online. The disc needs to be verified... there is no network cable to unplug, it’s all WiFi. And everything is off. The game does not run offline, it’s as simple as that.

 

Could you please post a short video of you starting the game(V 1.0) on One X. 

If I may ask, did you try doing the exact set of steps posted?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the weather better on this version?

Right now it's all over the place, I just slept until noon and it was clear blue skies, went into Strawberry and all of a sudden it went dark.. then left the town and it was bright blue skies again😕

Theres also the rain problem with it cutting out randomly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Is the weather better on this version?

Right now it's all over the place, I just slept until noon and it was clear blue skies, went into Strawberry and all of a sudden it went dark.. then left the town and it was bright blue skies again😕

Theres also the rain problem with it cutting out randomly

No, not really. Seems to be a problem with how they coded the weather or timecycle or something.  

 

Some people say it's slightly better in 1.05 but I think a lot of that might just be placebo

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

If I may ask, did you try doing the exact set of steps posted?

I can't remember the steps precisely... it took me 2-3 hours to install the game. I don't really want to try it again... but I was offline the whole way through, automatic updates were turned off, network was also disabled. After both discs finished installing, it says installation complete. Tried to start the game, error message appears: the game can't be started, because the disc needs to be verified for some reason. The only way to do that is to enable network connection. After that, you get a prompt saying, the game needs to be updated before starting... Then I went offline again but nothing, same message displayed :(

 

CHECKMATE.

 

Maybe the disc doesn't need to be verified in other countries. But here in the UK, you can't play the vanilla game offline. Well I can't anyways.

 

PS: I tried reinstalling twice

Edited by Guest176525326
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruel, Cruel world by Willie Nelson NEVER played in my 1.05 game. I just discovered this by accident on an unpatched save that a song plays when John leaves Pronghorn Ranch AND its sung by the legendary Willie Nelson. f*ck you very much Rockstar. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Cruel, Cruel world by Willie Nelson NEVER played in my 1.05 game. I just discovered this by accident on an unpatched save that a song plays when John leaves Pronghorn Ranch AND its sung by the legendary Willie Nelson. f*ck you very much Rockstar. 

I wonder if maybe you can just miss it? I missed "Far Away" the first time I played the first game,  because I whistled for my horse instead of riding the one provided

 

I feel like I almost missed "Unshaken" for the same reason, I was gonna go back to the stable to get my horse, but hopped on the Hungarian to get there and the song started playing

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I wonder if maybe you can just miss it? I missed "Far Away" the first time I played the first game,  because I whistled for my horse instead of riding the one provided

 

I feel like I almost missed "Unshaken" for the same reason, I was gonna go back to the stable to get my horse, but hopped on the Hungarian to get there and the song started playing

Yep, just like with "Far Away" the first time I played RDR 1, I got off my horse just as the first chords of "Cruel, Cruel World" played.

Edited by SneakyDeaky
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the latest update it feels like the clouds are moving slower than before, much more normal and natural, when there is a snow storm or rain it happen too fast tho, it's coming really fast, clouds are disappearing and forming in seconds, it's not natural.

Edited by 0223998743
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 0223998743 said:

In the latest update it feels like the clouds are moving slower than before, much more normal and natural, when there is a snow storm or rain it happen too fast tho, it's coming really fast, clouds are disappearing and forming in seconds, it's not natural.

It seems to be unchanged for me but, everyone's experience is different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read people say it can hail and snow randomly in towns like Valentine and Annesberg but in my 1.01 version I have never seen either weather effects. Were they fixed in later patches or am I just unlucky?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It seems to be unchanged for me but, everyone's experience is different. 

Maybe a placebo then.

 

7 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I've read people say it can hail and snow randomly in towns like Valentine and Annesberg but in my 1.01 version I have never seen either weather effects. Were they fixed in later patches or am I just unlucky?

It's very rare.

 

 

Edited by 0223998743
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
15 hours ago, Birdy22 said:

Sorry what's the use of a video. I already have the game installed. I do not want to do that again just for the video. I can only tell you how I did it.
1. Uninstall game
2. Switch off console and restart
3. Insert Install Disk 1
4. Decline request for update.
5.Once prompt, insert Disk 2
6.Game again requires Disk 1 Press Xbox Button and go offline.
7. Now insert Disk 1
8. Start the game.

The game looks sharper. Especially the mountains in the distance. and the haze is less. Everything is rich in contrasts.
For a comparison you would have to make screenshots of both versions in the same weather.

Doesn’t work in the UK

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
11 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

That's weird. I wonder why this is? 

Probably because the whole country is turning into a bunch of snowflakes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
21 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

If I may ask, did you try doing the exact set of steps posted?

I'm gonna try this one more time...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be worth comparing your Xbox One firmware and hardware (X, S, launch). It may be the case that the latest firmware update has a minimum version requirement for RDR2 or something, as an anti-piracy thing.

 

I could be wrong but it might be what's going on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, O.Z said:

I'm gonna try this one more time...

I'm rooting for you... cos if it works I'll be rebuying RDR 2 for the Xbox X, if it doesn't work then I don't know at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326

So, the game won't load in, it has been stuck with the infinite loading screen and the spinning barrel on the bottom right for ages... tried it twice. :(

 

Third time: stuck with black screen with spinning barrel... 

 

PS: Screw it, I'm going back online... I just wanna play the game now. What a waste again .

 

PS2: as soon as I went back online, the prompt: the game needs an update before you can play it, came up. I give up. Updating now...

Edited by Guest176525326
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, O.Z said:

So, the game won't load in, it has been stuck with the infinite loading screen and the spinning barrel on the bottom right for ages... tried it twice. :(

 

Third time: stuck with black screen with spinning barrel... 

 

PS: Screw it, I'm going back online... I just wanna play the game now. What a waste again .

 

PS2: as soon as I went back online, the prompt: the game needs an update before you can play it, came up. I give up. Updating now...

Did you try changing your Xbox region to USA? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
2 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Did you try changing your Xbox region to USA? 

No. It’s too late now as I have updated the game... maybe next time. Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A train hit a pigeon, and when I picked it up I recieved a  "Pigeon Carcass High Quality" as opposed to poor, good, or perfect quality 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to check, can you still remove the offhand holster in the unpatched version? Because your saved outfits disappear after breaking Micah out of jail in the latest version.

Was wondering if they stay saved in your version?

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
7th Ward Charizard

question: I have version 1.0 on my original xbone, but if I was to transfer my game storage to a One X would I have to update to run the game in native 4K either way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 3:35 AM, ~INDIO~ said:

Just to check, can you still remove the offhand holster in the unpatched version? Because your saved outfits disappear after breaking Micah out of jail in the latest version.

Was wondering if they stay saved in your version?

Cheers

They do 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.