3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

a z

v1.00 advantages?

Nitronick994

1.00 work for me, but im offline, im afraid to Connect ps4 for not return at 1.00, sorry my bad english

O.Z
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Oh for God's sake. They didn't even touch single player except to steal clothes from it😡

I'm not surprised, they haven't touch SP at all, apart from the AO, as now it seems better.

PS: The saddle thing doesn't really bother me that much, as all you have to do is to get another horse from the horse station and you have your saddle back... but its still cumbersome

Edited by O.Z

tobdog
5 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I don't even get how this update works. Wouldn't Sony have to release an update to force me to update? Nothing has changed on my end since yesterday, so I'm not surprised I can still play on 1.00, I'm surprised you guys can't. 

Not sure either but to me it feels like they just enabled update check option for certain regions that some Online only games use but if they did that then why not enable it for every region?

Darealbandicoot
15 minutes ago, O.Z said:

I'm not surprised, they haven't touch SP at all, apart from the AO, as now it seems better.

PS: The saddle thing doesn't really bother me that much, as all you have to do is to get another horse from the horse station and you have your saddle back... but its still cumbersome

The worst part is that its fixed in version 1.00 

GinsengElixir

What the heck is cinematic HDR and game HDR about? 

If anyone is pkaying on X1X, please let us know how the game looks and plays now in newest patch. 

Kudos to R* for addressing AO. 

Nitronick994
5 minuti fa, Darealbandicoot disse:

La parte peggiore è che è stato risolto nella versione 1.00 

AO has been removed from 1.00? 

Koltos

Yeah, someone who is really see the difference.

Should people download new patch on X1X? Or despite on changes with AO it is still better stay on 1.00?

Darealbandicoot
5 minutes ago, Nitronick994 said:

AO has been removed from 1.00? 

No, I mean that the saddle doesn't appear on the roof if you drop it at Beechers Hope in the Epilogue 

4 minutes ago, Koltos said:

Yeah, someone who is really see the difference.

Should people download new patch on X1X? Or despite on changes with AO it is still better stay on 1.00?

Depends. If you want Arthur in New Austin glitch, John Marston with normal clothes, less bugs in the Epilogue etc. then stay on 1.00 

Koltos

Ah... It sounds like a spoiler to me 😃

I am only on chapter 2 and haven't finish the game 😃

Just curious if R heard us and fixed all problems in new patch. Especially interesting on X1X where must be the best version of the game...

RedDeadJohn
58 minutes ago, Nitronick994 said:

1.00 work for me, but im offline, im afraid to Connect ps4 for not return at 1.00, sorry my bad english

just checked this and you can connect again online without fear you can still play 1.00

O.Z
1 hour ago, GinsengElixir said:

What the heck is cinematic HDR and game HDR about? 

If anyone is pkaying on X1X, please let us know how the game looks and plays now in newest patch. 

Kudos to R* for addressing AO. 

Still looks crap on my Samsung 4K UE40MU6100 telly. I don't know what you mean by cinematic HDR and game HDR, as I don't have an option to choose it. It's either on or off

GinsengElixir
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Still looks crap on my Samsung 4K UE40MU6100 telly. I don't know what you mean by cinematic HDR and game HDR, as I don't have an option to choose it. It's either on or off

This....

" A new HDR Calibration menu has been added. Players can now switch between the existing ‘Cinematic HDR’ and new ‘Game HDR’ styles, and a new option has been added to allow manual adjustment of Peak Brightness values for different displays "

Shame it still looks sh*t on your Sammy. Have you adjusted anything?

Edited by GinsengElixir

UpTheDowngrade

'We fixed lighting, but trees, grass, foliage, arthur/npc detail, weather effects and draw distance, etc, are all still sh*t.'   Yeah, still not updating.

Someone should post screenshots of the supposedly restored lighting in 1.09.

neskimo
Posted (edited)

I just posted this, but it is also relevant to this thread.

Edited by neskimo
Typo

O.Z
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

This....

" A new HDR Calibration menu has been added. Players can now switch between the existing ‘Cinematic HDR’ and new ‘Game HDR’ styles, and a new option has been added to allow manual adjustment of Peak Brightness values for different displays "

Shame it still looks sh*t on your Sammy. Have you adjusted anything?

Ok, I just tried it again and the only difference I can see is that the Game HDR lets you set your own Peak Brightness level(maxed out is at 10000, default is 1000) weather the Cinematic HDR doesn't let you adjust it(its set at 1000). Anyways both versions look absolutely horrible on my TV, colours are completely washed out and everything is way too dark, even at 10000 Peak Brightness.

Edited by O.Z

Darealbandicoot

OK, I deleted ALL RDR2 files and installed from disc offline and now version 1.00 works again AND I imported my saves back and they work as well now. 

UpTheDowngrade
Just now, Darealbandicoot said:

OK, I deleted ALL RDR2 files and installed from disc offline and now version 1.00 works again AND I imported my saves back and they work as well now. 

Whew! Very glad to hear you got back to 1.00

Cutter De Blanc
6 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Now that makes more sense. 

spoonman039

I'm glad they fixed AO and give us few cool stuff in online, so I actually consider this a good update, but it's good to be able to play v1.00 😉

Jason

I'd be wary about updating your consoles if you want to stick playing v1.00. I'm not sure exactly how it works but from the little I do know one of the forms of the PS4's anti-piracy techniques (not sure about Xbox) is to prevent games from running on older console software versions.

This is why newer PS4 games can't be pirated, because they don't run on the latest cracked PS4 firmware. This might also happen with updates, I don't know, but if it does, don't be so quick to blame Rockstar for it.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, spoonman039 said:

I'm glad they fixed AO and give us few cool stuff in online, so I actually consider this a good update

Yep. Now we just need singleplayer DLC. 🤞

Edited by MostWantedMVP

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)

So, I’m currently going back to v1.0 after having to go online and do the update, delete my epilogue saves because of that load screen loop...worth it though, was really enjoying my latest playthrough!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

LorshZontek
12 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

So, I’m currently going back to v1.0 after having to go online and do the update, delete my epilogue saves because of that load screen loop...worth it though, was really enjoying my latest playthrough!

I kind of wonder what causes the load screen loops on the epilogue of the game on 1.00 after downgrading 

Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, spoonman039 said:

I'm glad they fixed AO and give us few cool stuff in online, so I actually consider this a good update, but it's good to be able to play v1.00 😉

Still sh*t for single player though, they didn't even fix the Beechers Hope saddle glitch or turn on the Valentine lanterns lol. 

UpTheDowngrade
Posted (edited)

They got caught, conceded the game was downgraded, but that it's only the lighting that was. Lol

Edited by UpTheDowngrade

tobdog
9 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

That did the trick! Damn, I thought I'm stuck with Arthur Marston, lol.

Birdy22
22 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Yep. Now we just need singleplayer DLC. 🤞

I am looking forward to the RDR2 singleplayer DLC. It will certainly be much larger than the GTA5 singleplayer DLC. Publication date therefore only in the year 2075. :blink:

SneakyDeaky
7 minutes ago, Birdy22 said:

I am looking forward to the RDR2 singleplayer DLC. It will certainly be much larger than the GTA5 singleplayer DLC. Publication date therefore only in the year 2075. :blink:

I haven't given up all hope completely for Undead Nightmare 2, as I am hoping it becomes a tradition with every RDR. But I'm not holding my breath.

GinsengElixir

Soooo, it's definitely different. Absolutely better than the last patch which was a sh*t show.

AO is back but not as strong and vibrant as before. HDR is definitely improved but I need to fiddle with settings more. There's a noticeable 'pop' but no, it will never be the best HDR you've see, sun looks very bright when rising or setting. Sunrise and sunset in general look spectacular. my game does not look washed out either and I use really neutral tv settings as I hate oversaturated image. Not much to say visually. Nights still not as dark as I like. And Valentine still doesn't have all the f*ckin lamps kit!

New control scheme is interesting. It's more intuitive. Fist fighting is a lot snappier...but that is not necessarily better will depend on your perspective. Major thing is that camera is different. You are always off centre and to the right.  Imo this is really interesting. It means it's much better when rotating the camera around you, almost like you can see more. Gunfighting on horseback feels much better as a result. Seriously I think this new camera angle is interesting but I'll have to wander around more. 

JC_HUMBLE

In my opinion I now prefer this version than the laggy 1.00