Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

alz

v1.00 advantages?

Recommended Posts

alz

What things are good to do with a vanilla Red Dead Redemption 2 disc that has no patches on it?  There's the gold glitch from Limpany.  Is there anything else good or bad worth poking around for on a v1.00 game install? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jedijosh920

One thing I definitely noticed was more spawns (pedestrians in towns, wildlife, etc) but it's unoptimized and gives way less framerate. There's also lots of funny and useful glitches you can use, but after experiencing game-breaking bugs and terrible framerate, I went back and reinstalled the latest patch. I don't recommend messing around with v1.00 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Better graphics, more lively towns, camp requests work properly,John's gloves and outfit have slightly better customisation etc. And also what Josh said lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

95 more photos, beard grows properly,  game looks better

 

Also, worth noting, if you patched your game and fixed the missing camp member bug, it will remain fixed after you downgrade

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alz

I saw the smaller gloves lastnight with that nice hammer belt variation.  I wonder if those get overwritten in a patch or if they are coded out of the missions, while the assets themselves remain if attached to a save or outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrEdcar007

I've been playing the unpatched version for a few months now and I am currently playing a 100% playthrough.

I have completed everything (challenges, exotics, etc) except the story missions and a few things that have to be done after the story.

 

Here are some things that I have noticed:

  • You can't use open your journal while you are inside a tent and you can't sleep inside some abandoned houses (you can on the latest patch but they maybe available after the story, not sure)
  • The unpatched version includes a better Ambient Occlusion, the Valentine General Store still has the 3 laterns on at night which are off in the latest patch. Also the lighting seems a bit better but I might be wrong on this one.
  • The facial animations on NPCs and sometimes on Arthur don't work or look pretty bad. I didn't notice this when it was patched.
  • The performance is indeed worse but I got used to it after a while, its not really gamebraking.
  • However in Chapter 6, the game crashed on me a few times when I tried to look at the player status menu.
  • It was the only time the game ever crashed on me and that was only on the unpatched version.
  • Guns sometimes glitch and become dirty even if they are in good condition.
  • When you rent a room or bath by talking to the hotel / bar owner, you teleport to the counter.
  • I can't confirm if towns are more lively or not, they seemed fine to me patched.
  • Animations on the Arabian are glitched since is a small horse compared to the rest of the breeds.
  • There is a lot more clipping on some outfits like the police uniform in a certain Chapter and some NPCs.
  • If you select the Extra Clean Shave on a barber, sometimes it applies it even though you didn't buy it.
  • The Fence at Saint Denis is glitched and doesn't talk that much (didn't notice it in the unpatched)
  • The markers on the map sometimes glitch and pile to an already applied marker thus not letting you add more. You have to manually remove them.
  • You can't costumize the Lancaster Repeater as it glitches when selected.

 

 

I will report for more once I 100% the game, if I find anything interesting. It won't take long now.

 

Edit: Added a few more notes.

Edited by MrEdcar007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

With the LotE satchel my items in the item wheel break into seperate stacks.  The amount in the wheel doesn't always decrease, but it takes from the whole amount which is correct in the Satchel. Most annoying thing I've noticed so far, since I have to sift through like 40 items now

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

I attempted to view my photos from the start menu's social club. Viewing one was fine, but when I pushed right to switch to the next one the entire system froze and I had to restart the console, and was informed it had caused some system error upon restarting. Admittedly I was wondering if I could break it by doing something like that. Turns out yes.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol232

Better graphics definitely, you can have fun with more glitches and earn money early in the game easily. Camp requests aren't glitched.

 

I think one downgrade is that the crafted saddles don't grant you speed like they do in the patched version where stable saddles become obsolete.

Edited by lol232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z

Better frame rate and graphics(especially on One X). 

 

Too bad that you can never play an unpatched RDR2 again on Xbox, as the game won’t start without the latest patch, meaning if you don’t have internet you wouldn’t be able to play the game offline... meaning that you are basically screwed! 

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
19 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

95 more photos, beard grows properly,  game looks better

 

Also, worth noting, if you patched your game and fixed the missing camp member bug, it will remain fixed after you downgrade

I didn't know the bug would still be gone. Thanks, another reason for losing the patches.

My main one would be the ability to wear just one holster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky

So it's impossible to play the game unpatched on Xbox? What about with just the Day One patch?

I have the Xbox S and a digital copy I bought at midnight, which I assume has the Day One patch? I've been playing offline since and have the original lighting and better Ambient Occlusion.

I'm upgrading soon to either an Xbox X or PS4 Pro to go along with my first 4K tv and I would like to play the game either unpatched or with just the Day One patch, how would I go about that? I prefer the lighting quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
2 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

So it's impossible to play the game unpatched on Xbox? What about with just the Day One patch?

I have the Xbox S and a digital copy I bought at midnight, which I assume has the Day One patch? I've been playing offline since and have the original lighting and better Ambient Occlusion.

I'm upgrading soon to either an Xbox X or PS4 Pro to go along with my first 4K tv and I would like to play the game either unpatched or with just the Day One patch, how would I go about that? I prefer the lighting quite a bit.

 

It's not possible anymore. I have tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Day One patch is gone, it's replaced with the latest patch, so whenever you get your One X and install the game it will automatically install the latest update as well(you can't choose which update to install). Also when you install the game of the disc offline, you won't be able to play the game as it needs to be verified and the latest patch installed. Therefor it's checkmate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
9 minutes ago, O.Z said:

 

It's not possible anymore. I have tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Day One patch is gone, it's replaced with the latest patch, so whenever you get your One X and install the game it will automatically install the latest update as well(you can't choose which update to install). Also when you install the game of the disc offline, you won't be able to play the game as it needs to be verified and the latest patch installed. Therefor it's checkmate

That really sucks, the X version is by far the best version of the game. I guess I have been prudent by not downloading any of the patches. I remember I was going to download the first patch, just to get the PS4 exclusive outfit, then I read a lot of the complaints on here and I've avoided every patch since.

And so to play it on the PS4 unpatched I just install the disc offline?

Edited by SneakyDeaky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

Loading times are also better in 1.00

 

Is there any way to get it to stop aggressively trying to update everytime I start the application? I turned off automatic updates in my system's settings but it still tries to download 1.05, and I have to back out and delete it every time.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
Just now, SneakyDeaky said:

That really sucks, the X version is by far the best version of the game. I guess I have been prudent by not downloading any of the patches. I remember I was going to download the first patch, just to get the PS4 exclusive outfit, then I read a lot of the complaints on here and I've avoided every patch since.

And so to play it on the PS4 unpatched I just install the disc offline?

Yep, as far as I know... the PS4 lets you play the game offline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
Just now, O.Z said:

Yep, as far as I know... the PS4 lets you play the game offline

Ok cool, thanks. I can play it on Xbox S offline, I just go to network settings and go offline, but I assume that's because the digital version has the Day One patch so the game recognizes that. And if I were to delete it and try to download it again, I'm stuck with the latest patch, and you can't download it offline obviously. So it makes sense but it's really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
5 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Ok cool, thanks. I can play it on Xbox S offline, I just go to network settings and go offline, but I assume that's because the digital version has the Day One patch so the game recognizes that. And if I were to delete it and try to download it again, I'm stuck with the latest patch, and you can't download it offline obviously. So it makes sense but it's really annoying.

Yep, unfortunately

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Birdy22

 

I play RDR on Xbox one X. I was so excited about the game. But since the online update I am frustrated.

I think it's strange that nobody at Rockstar complains about the graphic downgrade. If I buy a car with 200hp and after a software update of the manufacturer only 150hp are available then that is a scam. That's exactly how I feel betrayed by Rockstar. Has Rockstar ever commented on that? The main thing the online cow is milked vigorously $$$$$$$$$$$$....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Birdy22 said:

 

I play RDR on Xbox one X. I was so excited about the game. But since the online update I am frustrated.

I think it's strange that nobody at Rockstar complains about the graphic downgrade. If I buy a car with 200hp and after a software update of the manufacturer only 150hp are available then that is a scam. That's exactly how I feel betrayed by Rockstar. Has Rockstar ever commented on that? The main thing the online cow is milked vigorously $$$$$$$$$$$$....

All the reviews were in when the online update came out so Rockstar felt like they can give single player the middle finger and proceed with the Online freemium thuggery and nobody would notice anymore just like GTA V. Annoying things like John's gloves being tripled in size and downgrad the graphics WITHOUT improving the performance weren't existent in the day one patch. BUT as soon as Online came out, everything got progressively worse in the next two "patches" after that. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapasHota

Is this sh*t for real, the graphics really gets worse with the updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
6 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

That really sucks, the X version is by far the best version of the game. I guess I have been prudent by not downloading any of the patches. I remember I was going to download the first patch, just to get the PS4 exclusive outfit, then I read a lot of the complaints on here and I've avoided every patch since.

And so to play it on the PS4 unpatched I just install the disc offline?

The former PS exclusive Grizzlies Outlaw outfit is available in the unpatched version anyways.

 

It automatically shows up in your closet no matter what.

 

However, it's ALWAYS glitched for Arthur no matter what where the Grizzlies pistol  belt shows up for John and the Online characters but not for Arthur even though the first screenshot of the outfit showed Arthur wearing the belt with the outfit. 

4 minutes ago, PapasHota said:

Is this sh*t for real, the graphics really gets worse with the updates?

Unfortunately yes. Objects like dressers and the trolley in Saint Denis look like they're floating now. Effects and textures are downgraded across the board with NO bump in performance. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

The New Austin glitch with Arthur, does that disable the Tumbleweed bounty missions later on?

Because I went there with Arthur in the last playthrough and was unable to start those bounties after finishing the prologue🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West
22 hours ago, O.Z said:

 

It's not possible anymore. I have tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Day One patch is gone, it's replaced with the latest patch, so whenever you get your One X and install the game it will automatically install the latest update as well(you can't choose which update to install). Also when you install the game of the disc offline, you won't be able to play the game as it needs to be verified and the latest patch installed. Therefor it's checkmate

 

This is seriously depressing. I have the Xbox One X and I love going outside of the game boundaries and clipping through the buildings to get inside. So if they decide to make another update that prevents that then there seriously won't be any way to do it again? Worst case scenario I figured I would just play the game offline but now it appears even that won't be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alz
3 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

The New Austin glitch with Arthur, does that disable the Tumbleweed bounty missions later on?

Because I went there with Arthur in the last playthrough and was unable to start those bounties after finishing the prologue🤔

No, a lot activities are only unlocked during the Epilogue.  I saw a rumor Rockstar is going to get rid of this glitch in 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West
18 minutes ago, alz said:

No, a lot activities are only unlocked during the Epilogue.  I saw a rumor Rockstar is going to get rid of this glitch in 2 weeks.

If Rockstar does this it's seriously going to piss off so many people. They are literal perfectionists who find exploits like this, the drinking glitch, and the wall-breach glitch to be revolting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
1 hour ago, alz said:

No, a lot activities are only unlocked during the Epilogue.  I saw a rumor Rockstar is going to get rid of this glitch in 2 weeks.

Sorry I meant epilogue haha..

They weren't showing still after finishing everything.. weird.

In doubt they'll remove the glitch now as they've completely forgotten about single player it seems

Edited by ~INDIO~
Herbert mooon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Sorry I meant epilogue haha..

They weren't showing still after finishing everything.. weird.

In doubt they'll remove the glitch now as they've completely forgotten about single player it seems

Those are only available for John. Arthur can't do them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
5 hours ago, Bobby West said:

 

This is seriously depressing. I have the Xbox One X and I love going outside of the game boundaries and clipping through the buildings to get inside. So if they decide to make another update that prevents that then there seriously won't be any way to do it again? Worst case scenario I figured I would just play the game offline but now it appears even that won't be possible.

You should be able to play the game offline with whichever patch you have now. The problem is this:

You cannot install a fresh disc version without downloading a patch, the game won't start without a patch.
You cannot choose which patch you want so you are stuck with the newest patch.
You cannot download the digital version in offline mode obviously, and the digital version is packaged with the newest patch.

So it's not possible to install RDR 2 without the newest patch, however, I think it's still possible to play it offline if it's already installed, with whichever patch you currently have. It's easy to try anyway, takes no time at all>

Go to Xbox settings - Network settings - Go offline - then start the game.

This is how I play my digital version that was packaged with the Day One patch. Been playing like this for 3 months.

If this works, remember, you have to go into offline mode everytime you play it, if you start it while connected to the internet, the game will try to download the newest patch. And of course you obviously won't be able to play RDR Online again, unless you want to with whichever latest patch they drop, which could fix those out of bounds glitches.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Those are only available for John. Arthur can't do them. 

Sorry I wasn't being clear, I meant after finishing the story I was playing as John and the Bounties on Tumbleweed were unavailable.

I tried everything and they just weren't appearing.

Thought it had to do with travelling there with Arthur earlier in the playthrough🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • kabbee
×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.