1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fw3

So, What Have We Learned From All This GTAO Business?

MeisterJazz

It's taught me to teach anyone who destroys my sh*t the meaning of the word rape. 

Edited by MeisterJazz

fw3
14 hours ago, Cackling Jack said:

Its interesting that you have created this topic... gtao and everything it has to offer has taught me alot. Thanks for reading. Nice topic btw mate.

I appreciate that, Cackling Jack. Thank you for the reply. Interesting to read other player's takes on what they've come away with from GTA.

And that's very cool about your military experience. Gives you a whole different perspective than most of us can have. Well done! Cheers! :)

14 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

I learned that I am apparently an elderly man who is trapped in a younger man's body.

Dang. I'm just the opposite. <sigh> 

13 hours ago, R3CON said:

I've made several posts over the years about what I've learned/think of GTA Online overall and various different aspects.

So I'll just say what I've learned specifically from GTA Online's businesses:

-never do crates

-freemode CEO/MC work is 10-minutes too long (20mins overall) and it's like watching paint dry

-that if you want something done right do it yourself. 

- how to hijack my PS4s internet connection and the benefits of the such

-closing the application as a way to save progress/limit damage

-why the best griefing vehicles are actually the best protection

-why grinding in a videogame is missing the point; i.e. leaving work just to play a game where you work there instead for fictional money and fictional progress

-I was right to get my account modded, thank God I avoided most of the struggle

-motorcycle businesses aren't worth it but great for the editor (pictures)

-even if it's just you and one other person in the session that doesn't mean you won't get attacked

-Rockstar has run out of ideas for new content/is tone deaf to fan suggestions

-players will do mental backflips just to justify being an asshole. Just because the game told you to do it doesn't mean you're not a dick. But people don't care/won't listen tho. 

-Heist glitches remain the best way to make money

-the Nightclub was a waste of money and time

-the Bunker becomes pointless after you upgrade your weapons/Oppressor

(unless you're a grinder)

-too much time is wasted trying to make GTA work financially, don't focus on it or do something else

The end. 

Wow. Just wow. Yes to all of these, especially the account modded... wish I'd done that, but I have no idea how! lol! :)

R3CON

^Appreciate the shout-out @fw3. I'm unsure how it happened myself as a very kind stranger happened to hook me up behind the scenes (so unaware of what specific steps were actually taken) but I'm glad it worked out. Especially after all the banwaves and wipes and resets. 

Its definitely a cloud that hangs over your gameplay (and everytime I bring it up in a public space) but it's nothing compared to the eternal need to grind, budget and strategize in a fictional open world. Between the grinder and the glitcher, peace of mind is relative. 

Edited by R3CON

fw3
On 2/10/2019 at 4:39 AM, R3CON said:

I'm unsure how it happened myself as a very kind stranger happened to hook me up behind the scenes.

Its definitely a cloud that hangs over your gameplay but it's nothing compared to the eternal need to grind, budget and strategize in a fictional open world.
Between the grinder and the glitcher, peace of mind is relative. 

Again, R3CON, I can only agree. Having had a wealthy benefactor indulge my game early on in the Billionaire Days, I've enjoyed the game with the luxury of never having to worry about money. My grind at the outset of the game's launch ended in late 2014, and I while I continued to grind - for the love of the game - I never felt the pressure or "need" to grind. Having that choice is exactly that peace of mind you mentioned. And frankly, I was just in the right place at the right time with the right random. ;)

Endjinn
On 2/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, MeisterJazz said:

It's taught me to teach anyone who destroys my sh*t the meaning of the word rape. 

source.gif

Really? Wow.

I think someone needs a dictionary.

Mexicola9302

All i learned from the businesses in GTAO is that other ppl are assholes (griefers) and wanna destroy you and your product, and that for some lousy small rewards, they just do it so you get angry, they don't benefit from it in any way, but you lose virtual money and real time. And i learned that you can only trust ppl you know in this game, never trust any random ppl, and also if you can do something alone but it takes longer, better do it this way, at least nobody f*cks up something, and if you f*ck it up yourself well you can blame yourself.

Well you can't really learn any real life related stuff in a videogame, well you can but only the most basic stuff. I would probably know how to shoot and reload a weapon even tho i never held one in my hands, that's just one of the small things we learn in games. It's mostly useless stuff we learn in games, that we can never use in real life.

Flight and Truck and Bus and Farming etc. simulators are games where you learn stuff, or educational games, but not GTA. The only thing you learn in GTA is that the world is full of scum ppl the lowest of low.

Well at least i learned that it's possible to play all alone in P2P games, if you use your firewall.

Edited by Mexicola9302

MeisterJazz
4 hours ago, Endjinn said:

source.gif

Really? Wow.

I think someone needs a dictionary.

I said what I said dammit

oh-well.jpg

Edited by MeisterJazz

Fatsanchez

I think the most important lesson I’ve learnt from GTAO in general is to always and frequently expand my mini map. Made me a little paranoid even, lol.

Mexicola9302
11 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

I think the most important lesson I’ve learnt from GTAO in general is to always and frequently expand my mini map. Made me a little paranoid even, lol.

You know you can permanently expand the minimap in the settings right?

Edited by Mexicola9302

idonknowhow

I learned how to make and use a lag switch when special crate had its last run, it still works if I need a solo public.

Edited by idonknowhow

Fatsanchez
5 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

You know you can permanently expand the minimap in the settings right?

No I didnt!! Now I feel stupid lol.

fw3
20 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

The only thing you learn in GTA is that the world is full of scum ppl the lowest of low.

That's an unfortunate perspective. Sure, there are some pretty generically base-level players out there, but I sincerely believe the majority of players are just like ourselves and out to spend a few hours wreaking havoc and having some fun.

If there's one thing I've learned is that those "scum ppl" you describe can actually be turned around with persistent and rational kindness and humor.

I've come across it countless times in my experience on GTAO. 
• little kid cussing like an inmate stops when I continually ask him in a kind, parental way to please stop. Often times, will then ask to play together.
• angry teen rage-killing a lobby because he can't win at GTAO is defused by levity and humor and an invitation to play together.

• cynical adult attacks lobby verbally is distracted & turned around when asked thoughtful questions and an invitation to play together.
(notice the pattern of asking people to play together? it almost always invites the better part of a player to come out and actually play)

Again, in my experience, I've made the concerted effort to draw the real person out of a player and to shed the feigned persona they're trying to perpetuate in GTAO. Once achieved, I actually find myself playing with fun, light-hearted people who drop the wall of anonymity and embrace the freedom of friendly gameplay.

Just my thoughts. :)

Edited by fw3

Forza Harrd

I learned that my irl moral compass is the only thing keeping me from being irl rich.

JamesTKirk

GTA Online helped me to learn more about my computer and computer programs, specifically, how to lag out my internet connection by suspending/resuming the GTA.exe process.

That's about all I learned.  But it's better than learning nothing at all, right?!  :D

Billy Russo

Majority of online players are complete assholes when given the tools.

At least that's what I've learned.

Bandersnatch

To Never buy a R* game / pre order or give them around 80 English pounds for a new game , when it came to RDR2,  I had a stash of store vouchers to use up so got my self a standard second hand copy ! ( lot cheeper as well !!)  Truly relieved I did, due Red dead online beta. Also, can't see them adding a single player story DLC which would be highly welcomed by many.  And dam that doomsday Heist would have been bloody brilliant using Franklin, Michael and Trevor !   

Woops almost a rant !! 

On posstive note when it comes to single player mods on Pc have learned so much ! 

Edited by Bandersnatch

Voodoo-Hendrix

That mixing both PvP and PvE is a really, really bad idea.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Marciliojunior01

You will always find people who just want to ruin your hardwork for the sake of ruining it, these tryhards/cargo griefers only want to ruin your gameplay and see you sad/angry. And i also learnt to be a light in the darkness, and always offer myself to help people selling their stuff or just protecting them using the tools i have avaliable. 

The interesting part, in this stage of the game you can no longer judge by apearence anyone, i have encountered actual tryhards (with buletproof helmet, that thing that looks like a gas mask and ridiculous hair) that actually helped me to sell goods but some guys on suits came after me with their broomsticks. 

Also learned that doesnt matter how good your cornering, brake and throttle control are on a track, some idiot with a horrible paint, off road wheels and abusing exploits will always be faster than you. 

MyUziWeighsATon

I haven’t learned a goddamned thing. 

Xiled

More players have learned how to play the online game by themselves, against the public only bs and the poor "balance". And now every lobby you go into you have as many people afk in apartments as those on mk2's... 

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Woops almost a rant !! 

Lol. Oh trust me, it feels good. Real good! 🤣

Halal Cyborg

I learned to play online with others before learning that it wasn’t for me and that I’ll stick single player story based games.

my last communication with another player was before red dead redemption 2 came out lol

oh yeah it taught me not to touch red dead online and just enjoy the story as it was and leave it at that.

fw3
13 hours ago, Xiled said:

More players have learned how to play the online game by themselves, against the public only bs and the poor "balance". And now every lobby you go into you have as many people afk in apartments as those on mk2's... 

Unfortunately, as much as they tried to engage players to join forces and crew-up, there are far too many lone wolf types out there, like me, who prefer to just log on, play for a bit, quit, and then watch Jake & The Fatman reruns.

In the early days of GTAO, it's like we were all in it, together. An Armored Truck appeared and everyone went bananas trying to get it or to keep others from getting it. A High Priority Vehicle meant a whole lobby going after one car. It was fantastic and I loved it, thoroughly. THAT was the way to get people to play together.

Now, they've taken away those common goal scenarios and turned them into complicated missions and jobs that take far too long to jump in and jump out of (my last Arena Wars participation took about 15 minutes just to get going). I think that's why the Free Roam events were so popular when they were first released. Now, nobody cares cuz the payouts are spinach.

And like you said, @Xiled, every lobby is full of people on the other side of the map or hunkered in their bunkers, doing nothing. It's too bad, to. 

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

You will always find people who just want to ruin your hardwork for the sake of ruining it, these tryhards/cargo griefers only want to ruin your gameplay and see you sad/angry.

Like I said above about in the early days when an Armored Car would show up or a High Priority Vehicle... the lobby would go nuts and everyone would go after them.

Perhaps it was that thrill of the fight - to see who would either win the AC or HPV or if they'd be destroyed - has led to the desire to go after people with cargo or such. I know I've done it. I planted Proximity Mines at the garage where I knew a player was delivering a car. When he got there, *kapow!* and I got my moment of satisfaction. But then the guy sent me a message. A well-written message explaining why people like me were ruining the game. I felt bad and apologized, and ended up helping him. I haven't done that to another player since.

Lonely-Martin

@fw3. I too used to just love those old freeroam events as they really could be a great game of cat n mouse and the like. But with businesses came heavy investments, be it time or money (some of it real cash invested too).

The risks outweighed the fun gameplay, IMO. If someone has spent cash and serious hours building up stocks, along with all the toys and further businesses costing a small fortune too, unlike freeroam events, the losses can be huge and completely ruin a weeks gaming or more, in mere seconds and not with much competition/challenge to it all, it really is legitimise griefing IMHO. That's why I love business battles coming here now, we can choose to get stuck in there, or play them in peace, but if we do get wiped out by a flying whatever or that stupid cannon, no-one loses long term progress. It's just a good ol' bit of fun then.

But of course, RDRO made it so we can't choose to play peacefully too now, and having just read in the RDR2 section a thread where T2 shares have dropped and expectations don't look to be likely to be met. It's clear why to me (and hilarious too). They went too far there, but here we can choose solo public, take that chance if you like that, and team up to boot a player with bad intentions still. (And with how those players often are, we can see them coming a mile off with how predictable they are - In actions and how they dress even, lol). We can play our game here even now. Good times! :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.

Marciliojunior01

Business battles are spetacular, just wish we had more of them, like new missions and cargo transporting vehicles. Dunno why tho, they get rid of the coolest freemode events and kept some very boring ones. What would you prefer, king of the castle and taking vehicle to the dropoff or "highest time in the air before using parachute" 

Rashkovskys Shiv
On 2/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, R3CON said:

I've made several posts over the years about what I've learned/think of GTA Online overall and various different aspects.

So I'll just say what I've learned specifically from GTA Online's businesses:

-never do crates

-freemode CEO/MC work is 10-minutes too long (20mins overall) and it's like watching paint dry

-that if you want something done right do it yourself. 

- how to hijack my PS4s internet connection and the benefits of the such

-closing the application as a way to save progress/limit damage

-why the best griefing vehicles are actually the best protection

-why grinding in a videogame is missing the point; i.e. leaving work just to play a game where you work there instead for fictional money and fictional progress

-I was right to get my account modded, thank God I avoided most of the struggle

-motorcycle businesses aren't worth it but great for the editor (pictures)

-even if it's just you and one other person in the session that doesn't mean you won't get attacked

-Rockstar has run out of ideas for new content/is tone deaf to fan suggestions

-players will do mental backflips just to justify being an asshole. Just because the game told you to do it doesn't mean you're not a dick. But people don't care/won't listen tho. 

-Heist glitches remain the best way to make money

-the Nightclub was a waste of money and time

-the Bunker becomes pointless after you upgrade your weapons/Oppressor

(unless you're a grinder)

-too much time is wasted trying to make GTA work financially, don't focus on it or do something else

The end. 

-crates are one of the best ways to make money in the game,use mtu, get large warehouses, fill them as you can-sell during double money events. 

I'm right at $70 million in crate sales. 

- Ceo/Mc work I never do these unless they are double money. 

-grinding is a part of gaming, even if you play Cod or Battlefield your goal is to unlock everything, get trophies and rank up to the max and even past. 

-Heist glitches aren't the best way to make money, unless you're lazy. 

-I've made over $18 million in Nightclub sales. 

-Bunker is the easiest passive income in the game, by far. 

Also you get upgraded vehicles and guns from research. 

$170 million in bunker sales so far. 

-if you're complaining about time wasted in gta,you're better off playing something else.

Halal Cyborg
13 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Business battles are spetacular, just wish we had more of them, like new missions and cargo transporting vehicles. Dunno why tho, they get rid of the coolest freemode events and kept some very boring ones. What would you prefer, king of the castle and taking vehicle to the dropoff or "highest time in the air before using parachute" 

I’d prefer the parachuting to PvP...I like all the non killing each other stuff.

criminal damage is my favourite as it’s blowing sh*t up but still not fighting someone else (necessarily)

SlammerRPM
On 2/8/2019 at 2:19 PM, Endjinn said:

That hitting kids isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It just makes them scream into the mic more.

Piro

That R* sucks at making online games

Pedinhuh

-That you can use a tank/apc/lapv/turreted truck bodywork materials to manufacture liveries...In ways that defy all logic;

-That stolen exotic cars sells in the black market for a fixed value instead of the market price, and a multi million dollar supercar costs the same as a 30's sedan/wagon;

-That going around the city promoting your nightclub with posters, blimps and flyers thrown out of helicopters is worthless in real life and just booking another DJ to play in the nightclub promotes the club better;

-That CEOs of undercovered criminal organizations works alone most of the times and they aren't allowed to even share the money they make in sales with their subordinates...For some reason;

-That using slow, boring and completely uncommon vans that sticks out like sore thumbs on the streets, that you almost never see around is a good idea to sell your illegal products;

-That in order to save the world of nuclear annihilation by working with the government, you first must buy their useless facility so your can plan your operations, instead of using any random abandoned warehouse...For some reason;

-That only outlaw Motorclubs are allowed to start and run Document forgery, Weed and Counterfeit money operations...And that all of them are a equal waste of time and huge waste of money;

-That said Motorclubs owners, which are also the owners of the drug manufacturing operations, will stick out their necks and sell their product theirselves around the whole state instead of delegating the task to random street thugs...For some reason;

-That one can use their recently acquired Hangar to run a smuggling operation of clandestine goods across the state using multiple airplanes which usually involves shooting other aircrafts down...And that absolutely nobody on the staff or security of the airport you have bought the Hangar will question your operations;

-Also that smuggling operations with aircrafts are a complete waste of time and money...But the Hangar is nice though;

But the most important things that I learned is:

-Destroying other organization/motorclub products magically gives you some chump change money and that for some very convoluted reason, you can steal their products;

-That $2000 and some little bit of ammo is a valid excuse for other criminals to go out of their way to ruin the operations of other criminals;

-That a casual, unbalanced mess of a sandbox game, running on outdated p2p servers, is a good place for PvP focus instead of PvE.

Edited by Pedinhuh