I am serious,it is the colt 1911, game is set before the year 1911, easy maths

RyuNova
Just now, Hetraet said:

giphy.gif

Hetraet
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

giphy.gif

Answer me in a normal way pls I don't know what else should there be to it. The high power pistol was given to John Marston in rdr 1 in 1911, it's modeled after colt 1911. 

2 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

Answer me in a normal way pls I don't know what else should there be to it. The high power pistol was given to John Marston in rdr 1 in 1911, it's modeled after colt 1911. 

OH sry I misread your comment lol... U already mentioned it being well before

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

OH sry I misread your comment lol... U already mentioned it being well before

Yes, I apologise for being a bit of a dick as well.

You have to admit that two High Power Pistols would be sick no?

DrDetroit
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

high power pistol would be unrealistic as it started manufacturing in 1911

It was adopted by the US military in 1911. It was prototyped in early 1890' by John Browning.

Anyhow, agree that you probably wouldn't see this weapon in the west at this time....maaybe early 1900s though.

Hetraet
3 minutes ago, DrDetroit said:

It was adopted by the US military in 1911. It was prototyped in early 1890' by John Browning.

Anyhow, agree that you probably wouldn't see this weapon in the west at this time....maaybe early 1900s though.

Lets wait and see R* dripfeed it exclusively for rdo...

nathan4646
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

the high power pistol is not an 1911 it is a colt model 1903 pocket hammerless

JavierC

Two welding gun system kinda sucks, shoots slower than a one hand revolver. I was so expecting to use L and R and fire almost at the same time.

crazedZ10

RDR1 Should of been set in 1899 or at least earlier than 1911

RJX74

I don't like calling this game a Western. It's a Southern/Eastern.

nathan4646
1 minute ago, RJX74 said:

eastern?

RyuNova

Arthur is Michael De Santa/Towley's ancestor. His great Grandfather I think.

They look alike and Micheal has the Dead Eye ability just not as strong as Arthur as its been watered down by generations. Its even acknowledged in game that Micheal, Franking and Trevor all have weird abilities. Tracey mentions that "her Daddy NEVER misses", Lamar mentions that Franklin screws up his face and does "that driving thing" and Trevors blood rages are well known by Michael so they are not just game mechanics with no place in the game world.

Edited by RyuNova

BallinBallas

the story felt really rushed and all over the place towards the end of chapter four all the way towards chapter six. After a few play throughs you can tell that content was definitely cut. 

3Prcntr

I like the game.

RyuNova

Red Dead Redemption III should have you playing as Hosea. The tutorial section would be Hosea meeting Dutch and their first scam together and then it time jumps to when they find Arthur who is a young angry boy. The story follows Hosea as he sees Dutch trying to turn Arthur into a hardened killer while Hosea tries to show Arthur a better way and keep his soul.

Hosea would try to keep Bessie away from the gang life and you could have a part like the Epilogues where Hosea and Bessie leave the Gang and set up shop only for a big set piece to draw Hosea back into the Gang. Hoseas "Redemption" would be Bessies last wish that Hosea turns Arthur away from the path that Dutch is going down and perhaps save Dutch from himself. 

They could introduce Susan as the young beautiful woman she was etc.

Dan_1983

Charles would beat Arthur and John in a fight.

LeonVegaSuarez

Arthur and Sadie romance (option at least) would've been way better than the storyline between Arthur and Mary. While it added some depth to Arthur's character, him being torn and almost ready to leave the gang, I think it was quite badly written and literally lead to nowhere. 

Arthur saving Sadie and getting involved with her, maybe making plans to leave the gang ASAP, couldve led to an even rougher ending with Arthur dying and also develop Sadie`s need for revenge more. Imagine a scene of Arthur telling Sadie he's gonna die. 

1 minute ago, Dan_1983 said:

Charles would beat Arthur and John in a fight.

hand to hand or knife fight 100%. He'd beat anyone in the gang 

RyuNova
33 minutes ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Arthur and Sadie romance (option at least) would've been way better than the storyline between Arthur and Mary. While it added some depth to Arthur's character, him being torn and almost ready to leave the gang, I think it was quite badly written and literally lead to nowhere. 

Arthur saving Sadie and getting involved with her, maybe making plans to leave the gang ASAP, couldve led to an even rougher ending with Arthur dying and also develop Sadie`s need for revenge more. Imagine a scene of Arthur telling Sadie he's gonna die. 

What part of Sadie saw her husband, the love of her life, murdered in front of her, was possibly raped and abused inside her own home, watched it burn down, is mentally unhinged, still loves Jake more than anything else and is suicidal dont you understand? Lets also not mention the fact that Arthur still loves Mary, the woman who broke heart and the last time before that his Son and the boys mother were murdered by a robber for ten dollars.

Also the fact that we already get "Arthur is torn about leaving the gang" with Mary.

Dan_1983
49 minutes ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

hand to hand or knife fight 100%. He'd beat anyone in the gang 

Agreed.

tonko
On 3/15/2019 at 4:28 AM, RJX74 said:

Loool, true true. 

Hetraet
On 3/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, RyuNova said:

Arthur is Michael De Santa/Towley's ancestor. His great Grandfather I think.

They look alike and Micheal has the Dead Eye ability just not as strong as Arthur as its been watered down by generations. Its even acknowledged in game that Micheal, Franking and Trevor all have weird abilities. Tracey mentions that "her Daddy NEVER misses", Lamar mentions that Franklin screws up his face and does "that driving thing" and Trevors blood rages are well known by Michael so they are not just game mechanics with no place in the game world.

The only son Arthur had died. There is no possibility that Arthur is Michael's ancestor

14 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Red Dead Redemption III should have you playing as Hosea. The tutorial section would be Hosea meeting Dutch and their first scam together and then it time jumps to when they find Arthur who is a young angry boy. The story follows Hosea as he sees Dutch trying to turn Arthur into a hardened killer while Hosea tries to show Arthur a better way and keep his soul.

Hosea would try to keep Bessie away from the gang life and you could have a part like the Epilogues where Hosea and Bessie leave the Gang and set up shop only for a big set piece to draw Hosea back into the Gang. Hoseas "Redemption" would be Bessies last wish that Hosea turns Arthur away from the path that Dutch is going down and perhaps save Dutch from himself. 

They could introduce Susan as the young beautiful woman she was etc.

I hope we get a different storyline, this cow has been milked enough, the whole redemption series is really just John's story and 3rd installment would be just too much... We need Red dead revolution or something

JavierC

One of the biggest f*ck ups of the game is the weapon system.

I need to equip my rifle, shotgun and revolver of choice every time I mount of dismount my horse, or after some distance riding because the damn thing keeps reseting my weapons and ammo type.

I'm all paranoid during missions double or triple checking the damn wheel to see if they're still there.

Jeez.

Sonicdude

One thing I really hate about this game is the fact that the developers tried to put in a realistic wobble when you aim your weapons (Like how it does in The Last of Us)

At first I thought it was because my Dead Eye core was empty, but even after properly filling it my cursor would still wobble, making it really annoying in situations where not getting a good shot could mean life or death.

Also this might not be an unpopular opinion, but I think they made the horse handling system too realistic. I can't count how many times I ended up crashing my horse into someone else's horse, and then getting a wanted level with a bounty for it on my first playthrough.

RyuNova
10 hours ago, Hetraet said:

The only son Arthur had died. There is no possibility that Arthur is Michael's ancestor

On 3/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, RyuNova said:

The only son we know of.

Whoring and wenching was prevalent back then.

Edited by RyuNova

RyuNova
10 hours ago, Hetraet said:

I hope we get a different storyline, this cow has been milked enough, the whole redemption series is really just John's story and 3rd installment would be just too much... We need Red dead revolution or something

A third game starting from the beginning of Dutch and Hosea would close the trilogy off nicely. From the beginning to the end.

TexasOdysseus

Don't know how unpopular this sentiment is, per se, but for as much as I heard about the extensive music composition for RDR2, I sort of preferred RDR1's score more. 

JavierC
3 hours ago, TexasOdysseus said:

Don't know how unpopular this sentiment is, per se, but for as much as I heard about the extensive music composition for RDR2, I sort of preferred RDR1's score more. 

Yeah just hear at that loop.

Implicitly
On 3/17/2019 at 5:30 AM, RyuNova said:

What part of Sadie saw her husband, the love of her life, murdered in front of her, was possibly raped and abused inside her own home, watched it burn down, is mentally unhinged, still loves Jake more than anything else and is suicidal dont you understand? Lets also not mention the fact that Arthur still loves Mary, the woman who broke heart and the last time before that his Son and the boys mother were murdered by a robber for ten dollars.

Also the fact that we already get "Arthur is torn about leaving the gang" with Mary.

Sure, but did they really have to write and burden the hell out of her character with such a brutal punishment like that, though? Regardless, do you actually think someone like Sadie, for the rest of her life will live widowed? You can't replace what you loss, yes, but you absolutely can fall, and love something new.... Happens all the time. Her and Arthur were written almost exactly the same, the only difference is, Arthur was not a good man, while Sadie was a good person, funny how Rockstar did that. Anyways, it's funny how you mention Sadie is 'mentally unhinged' but, the people he's known for 20 years all turn their back on him, and the others fled without saying goodbye. She was the only one who didn't turn her back on him, right there and then it made complete sense considering she had no need to departure from him. A fine example of someone who is mentally unhinged is Dutch. Sadie on the other hand freshly loss her husband 6-months ago, of course she's going to come off as batsh*t. There is a break in the epilogue, about 8 years that have fly by... Then you have the events of RD1 which would make a total of 15 years? That's more than enough time to successfully allow Sadie to move on with Arthur, a character who is exactly like her, who's suffered the exact same trauma as her. Sadie loss her husband, what did Arthur lose? His 6-7 year old son, and Eliza. He paid the price, and the character had been damaged for years, made complete sense to pair him with Sadie, because of that.

The issue with Mary is, both her and Arthur care about the same thing and that is represented by their family, Mary cares too much about her family to be with Arthur. Same goes for Arthur. Gang is his family and he puts them above Mary. Both of them are in love with the idea of what they want; not who they are. That's the problem. They should've just left the entirety of Mary out because it never made sense at all. Her character also pretty much admits to using him. It felt cheesed ball out.

Leviath4n

- Mary is an unnecessary character.

- I can't complete the challenges with Arthur 9 herbalist because the plants I need are in New Austin.

Dan_1983
On 3/17/2019 at 12:30 PM, RyuNova said:

She hid in the cellar. She'd be dead if the O'Driscolls had found her.