4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Typhus

Unpopular Opinions about RDR2

RyuNova
On 3/8/2019 at 4:47 AM, ~INDIO~ said:

Rockstar lost their "Rockstar" reputation long ago IMO, and I've been with them since GTA1.

They're not worthy of the "Rockstar" title anymore.

This company put out the Manhunt games, and slowly since they've become more and more tamed and pussified.

They deserved the Rockstar title when putting out Manhunt 1&2 and The Warriors. Bravest and among the best choices they ever made.

I never thought Rockstar of all companies would bow down in defeat to some corporate, greedy, talentless pieces of sh*t like Strauss Zelnick.

f*ck sake, that guy wouldn't recognise a fart out of his own arse.

Are all CEO's this clueless about their own product? 

Cos it's f*cking scary. 

Guys like that shouldn't be making ANY money!

Rockstar, please go back to being Rockstars and not lap dogs😘

RDR2 is more gorey and violent than either Manhunt game. The gore in them was implied and not shown the majority of times.

~INDIO~

Red Dead's gore hasn't got anything on Manhunt's. Come on😂

Pretty sure you can't walk around with someone's head in a bag in RDR2.. not that I'd want to!

Although I will admit, robbing a train in the tunnel and shooting passengers in the face made me quite uncomfortable, which very rarely happens

Cutter De Blanc
4 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Red Dead's gore hasn't got anything on Manhunt's. Come on😂

Pretty sure you can't walk around with someone's head in a bag in RDR2.. not that I'd want to!

but you can walk around carrying someone's mutilated torso

RyuNova

I hate the bandolier.

I hated it in RDR1 and I hate it in RDR2. I detest seeing it in pictures

LeonVegaSuarez

I don't like using the mauser or the semi automatic pistol at all. First off, theyre ugly and secondly I don't think it's very fitting to use for a gunslinger like Arthur

Xerukal
1 hour ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

I don't like using the mauser or the semi automatic pistol at all. First off, theyre ugly and secondly I don't think it's very fitting to use for a gunslinger like Arthur

Same. I literally never use them in either game. Clashes with my ideal cowboy aesthetic. 

JavierC

The map feels like a huge movie set, technically stunning, but in contrast try to waking up in Chuparosa and hearing the rosters in RDR. That's priceless.

That's my biggest issue with the new Rockstar (GTA V, RDR II): they push the cinematic experience too much and you end up feeling like a part of a blockbuster, it kills the immersion. The linear mission system doesn't help.

You don't feel like you are playing a western, you feel like you're playing a hollywood movie.

RyuNova
52 minutes ago, JavierC said:

You don't feel like you are playing a western, you feel like you're playing a hollywood movie.

giphy.gif

JavierC
3 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

giphy.gif

It's all fun and games 'till they lower the black bars and you are in the assasination of jesse james lol.

RyuNova
1 minute ago, JavierC said:

It's all fun and games 'till they lower the black bars and you are in the assasination of jesse james lol.

I'm just messin'. I know what you mean but supposedly thats what people want. With the wank fest over The Last of Us and God of War 2018 the devs seem to think that gamers want games where you are just a sausage getting repeatedly tossed down a hallway with little to no freedom.

ThroatSlasher2
21 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I'm just messin'. I know what you mean but supposedly thats what people want. With the wank fest over The Last of Us and God of War 2018 the devs seem to think that gamers want games where you are just a sausage getting repeatedly tossed down a hallway with little to no freedom.

Which is really awkward considering they're linear games and this one is an open world with personality disorder. 

RyuNova
2 hours ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Which is really awkward considering they're linear games and this one is an open world with personality disorder. 

R* made their name off open world sandbox games before open world sandbox games where a thing. Its in the basics of their identities DNA. The idea now is that people want linear hand holding games like The Last of Us but R* cannot abandon what made them R*.

Hmmm nice bike

The black bars on the screen are a pretentious addition to the cutscenes. It doesn't actually need them, and the story is brilliant enough that it could have worked without them. If part of the delay really had to do with re-editing every cutscene to include them, then it was pointless and they should have never included it.

PapasHota

They should at least have an option to take off those dumb black bars from cutscenes, same with having to press the trigger button twice to shoot.

O.Z
16 hours ago, JavierC said:

The map feels like a huge movie set, technically stunning, but in contrast try to waking up in Chuparosa and hearing the rosters in RDR. That's priceless.

That's my biggest issue with the new Rockstar (GTA V, RDR II): they push the cinematic experience too much and you end up feeling like a part of a blockbuster, it kills the immersion. The linear mission system doesn't help.

That’s why I prefer free roaming over the story, too linear for me, in fact it’s probably the most linear Rockstar game ever released. Guarma anyone? lol, playing Chapter 5 was the first time I felt I just want to put the controller down and that has never happened in any of the R* games before. If I wanted to play that sort of game, I would pick up Naughty Dog’s games. Also the GTA V’s style Hollywood approach just doesn’t work at all... 

10 minutes ago, O.Z said:

That’s why I prefer free roaming over the story, too linear for me, in fact it’s probably the most linear Rockstar game ever released. Guarma anyone? lol, playing Chapter 5 was the first time I felt I just want to put the controller down and that has never happened in any of the R* games before. If I wanted to play that sort of game, I would pick up Naughty Dog’s games. Also the GTA V’s style Hollywood approach just doesn’t work at all... 

At one point I just rushed through the game and skipped the cutscenes lol.

RyuNova
10 hours ago, PapasHota said:

They should at least have an option to take off those dumb black bars from cutscenes, same with having to press the trigger button twice to shoot.

One is cocking the hammer back.

Buy a Double Action Revolver, Semi Automatic Pistol or Mauser and you wont have that issue.

The Deadite
Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, RyuNova said:

I personally think that if you had had your partner killed, had been repeatedly raped and ha your home burnt to the ground you might be a little high strung as well no? ...

She wasnt raped, she said she was hiding upstairs all along. The O'Driscolls never even knew she was there.

To keep it on topic, Micah is an awful character. He has no reedeming qualities or depth whatsoever, all he does is being an ass every second for no reason. Would've worked better as a red herring, not the main bad guy.

Edited by The Deadite

RyuNova
Just now, The Deadite said:

She wasnt raped, she said she was hiding upstairs all along. The O'Driscolls never knew she was there.

Micah says "Look what I found in the cellar" when you and Dutch arrive.

You can look around the House as Arthur and there is nowhere to hide in the attic.

I will agree that she would have originally hid in the attic when Jake was shot after answering the door or we can assume that the attic is there bedroom. The O'Driscolls found her and locked her in the cellar. Do you honestly think that a group of hard criminals in the middle of nowhere drunk off their tits would not have taken advantage?

The Deadite

You cant find her as Arthur because she was hiding (where i dont know) she doesnt mention being raped at any moment which leads me to believe the O'Driscolls never found her.

RyuNova
9 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

You cant find her as Arthur because she was hiding (where i dont know) she doesnt mention being raped at any moment which leads me to believe the O'Driscolls never found her.

Right. I'm not gonna argue but common sense tells you that she was most likely locked in the cellar and abused.

BurnettVice

I would like to see a sp dlc that focuses on Javier after he splits from Dutch, once he realizes he's not the man he thought was. After listening to him talk about his mother and growing up in Mexico I saw potential. I think there's enough depth to his character that he could carry his own story. The story would be about him going back to Mexico to help with the revolution. Setting up the events that happen later in RDR1. We work alongside with a younger Reyes. He's still the same foolish and ambitious womanizer from the first game. At the time Reyes is the righthand man of the current Rebel Leader. To explain how he can use Dead-Eye you can say either Arthur or John taught him. R* would probably have to retcon his weaselly behavior lol he gets in RDR1.

Also I really wanted to see Arthur bump into a younger Nigel W. Dickens and Seth. 

~INDIO~

I like that idea.

I really miss Nigel West Dickens, he was a great character. 

Thought we'd see a younger version of him in this game but unfortunately not

Dan_1983

During the good honour ending where you help John, I think it's totally out of character for Micah to walk away and leave Arthur to die peacefully. 

RyuNova
On 3/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Xerukal said:

Same. I literally never use them in either game. Clashes with my ideal cowboy aesthetic. 

Double Action gives the same effect and looks a million times better.

Xerukal
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Double Action gives the same effect and looks a million times better.

Double Action is pretty good! I just miss the LeMat big time, though. 

Edited by Xerukal

RyuNova
6 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Double Action is pretty good! I just miss the LeMat big time, though. 

Same, I know its well before but I miss the High Power Pistol as well. Dual wielding two of those would be gangsta.

Dan_1983
On 3/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, RyuNova said:

I hate the bandolier.

I hated it in RDR1 and I hate it in RDR2. I detest seeing it in pictures

Agree. It's horrible 

Hetraet
On 3/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, RyuNova said:

Same, I know its well before but I miss the High Power Pistol as well. Dual wielding two of those would be gangsta.

high power pistol would be unrealistic as it started manufacturing in 1911

RyuNova
25 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

high power pistol would be unrealistic as it started manufacturing in 1911

giphy.gif