Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Typhus

Unpopular Opinions about RDR2

Recommended Posts

Dark Rosewood Varnish

The missions/story arch with the Indians kinda had to happen as it explains how a lot of them were in Dutch's gang in RDR1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

I don't care about the missing epilogue hair style. Sorry :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

I like that New Austin is so barren and devoid of life, and I feel like people who complain about that have never been in a desert before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

I want this tree to appear in RDR and the next GTA:

 

2gtc5z5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThroatSlasher2
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I like that New Austin is so barren and devoid of life, and I feel like people who complain about that have never been in a desert before

It's realistic but in a game where we already have Grizzlies West completely devoid of life, it's a bit awkward that such a big portion of the map is literally empty filler. Lack of pedestrians is one thing, lack of content is another.


Hell, my game struggles to spawn animals in New Austin. It's that empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonVegaSuarez

I enjoy New Austin more than Lemoyne and wish we could go there as Arthur in chapter 4. (Glitch has been patched)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

I enjoy New Austin more than Lemoyne and wish we could go there as Arthur in chapter 4. (Glitch has been patched)

I definitely found it sort of strange that Lemoyne had the most number of unique camps (Clemens Point, Shady Belle and Lakay). I sort of wish that they had spent more time in the Heartlands, as it felt the most appropriate for the likes of Arthur and the others.

 

Edited by jje1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
On 3/1/2019 at 11:45 PM, mde2 said:

- Shooting is trying way to hard to be realistic and you end up wasting more ammo then you should need to use because the reticle decides its going to move all around the place even though Arthur is said to be this badass accurate gunslinger.


- Deadeye feels useless because it runs out far too quickly and requires a lot of effort just to refill it and then you have to worry about stupid sh*t like certain tonics draining your "core".


- The whole core system is stupid and the system should have been that there should have been bars, and if you don't eat or sleep it caps your health/stamina/deadeye instead of draining your "cores",

- The epilogue is really unnecessary and is just 5 hours of explaining something that didn't need to be explained and it actually just contributes more to making the Marstons look incredibly stupid than anything else.

 

Contrarians like to circle jerk about how this game is "the ultimate triple A pleb filter" but there's a difference between an enjoyable challenge and an arbitrary challenge that is there just to be a pain in the ass. Half of RDR2 is the latter.

 

shooting down a bird in the head with one eye with a cattleman revolver 200 ft away from you ISN'T badass? Also I honestly think this game has the perfect balance in terms of aiming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

John-Abigail interactions cringe me out. R* basically can't do romance IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mde2
4 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

shooting down a bird in the head with one eye with a cattleman revolver 200 ft away from you ISN'T badass? Also I honestly think this game has the perfect balance in terms of aiming.

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Implicitly
Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 4:48 AM, Leviath4n said:

- Arthur death, it was very obvious that he was going to die. (I would have preferred gta v mechanics so that it does not affect the game with John)

Please do not tell me. That he did not die would affect the plot of RDR1, if this one already has several agumentales holes, it would give the same other.

 

- NA inaccessible

 

- I need to finish the game to have good things, what the point if the game is over?

Arthur's death really pissed me off. Not only was it basically RD1 all over again, but it was in the most cliche Hollywood western style. They could've gotten so creative and worked around keeping him alive, but instead they went with the lazy route which we've seen hundreds of times (aka, the protagonist always dying.) 

On 3/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, TheSantader25 said:

John-Abigail interactions cringe me out. R* basically can't do romance IMO. 

Yup. Even Mary & Arthur was real bad. Sadie and Arthur was decent even though Sadie's VA said (she thinks) there was no romantic connection, but they skewered that up too.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, O.Z said:

Epilogue 1 & 2 are better than Chapter 5 & 6

Hated Chapter 5 & 6. Chapter 3 was amazing also, but it felt after 3, the story doesn't really.. "Develop" if that makes sense. Which is weird.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, IG_ said:

Sounds like a nightmare because imagine waiting 10 years to find out what happens after getting stuck in Guarma lol...

Half Life players can imagine it I guess.

Yeah that's the only problem, the wait. I'm surprised their games take that long, if this was Blizzard it'd be done in 2 years. 

Edited by Implicitly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
15 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

I don't care about the missing epilogue hair style. Sorry :blush:

 

GET 'IM BOYS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThroatSlasher2
Posted (edited)

Literally a copy paste of something I posted on reddit. Felt it belonged here.

 

To be honest, even though I think RDR2 is the better game, I feel like it'll age a lot less well than its predecessor. It already felt outdated upon release.

 

Rockstar is capable of crafting incredible details upon details into every game they make and yet they screw up things like a wanted system in a game about "Wild West Outlaws". Don't get me wrong, no one pays attention to subtleties like Rockstar, but I prefer solid gameplay, which I'm not sure RDR2 brings. For the second Redemption game in a row, we really have no incentive to play low honor and the difference between good and bad can be summed up to "shoot this fella in the face or don't". I was expecting a little more from a game 8 years in the works.

 

And after my second run, I've come to realize that Rockstar's obsession with making extremely linear story missions, where treading off in the wrong direction for 2 seconds is an instant failure, completely destroys replay ability. There's over 100 missions in the game and I had to play them the exact same way I did in my first run because otherwise, I'd obviously fail them.

 

All in all, I feel like an older game like RDR has and will age better than RDR2 because a lot more freedom was given to players at the time and because it actually tried to get the majority of its rudimentary mechanics right, before trying to fluff the game out with "details".

Edited by ThroatSlasher2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

Sadie ain't hot. She walks like she has a set of testicles between her legs.

That aint attractive IMO, but some guys are into that I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Literally a copy paste of something I posted on reddit. Felt it belonged here.

 

To be honest, even though I think RDR2 is the better game, I feel like it'll age a lot less well than its predecessor. It already felt outdated upon release.

 

Rockstar is capable of crafting incredible details upon details into every game they make and yet they screw up things like a wanted system in a game about "Wild West Outlaws". Don't get me wrong, no one pays attention to subtleties like Rockstar, but I prefer solid gameplay, which I'm not sure RDR2 brings. For the second Redemption game in a row, we really have no incentive to play low honor and the difference between good and bad can be summed up to "shoot this fella in the face or don't". I was expecting a little more from a game 8 years in the works.

 

And after my second run, I've come to realize that Rockstar's obsession with making extremely linear story missions, where treading off in the wrong direction for 2 seconds is an instant failure, completely destroys replay ability. There's over 100 missions in the game and I had to play them the exact same way I did in my first run because otherwise, I'd obviously fail them.

 

All in all, I feel like an older game like RDR has and will age better than RDR2 because a lot more freedom was given to players at the time and because it actually tried to get the majority of its rudimentary mechanics right, before trying to fluff the game out with "details".

Rockstar design is outdated.

f*cking obsessed with the little details;

 

  • they make horses balls that react to the temperature
  • when it rain water flow from the gutters

but yet,

 

  • the wanted/witness system which is pretty f*cking important in a game where you play as an outlaw, is mostly as archaic as in RDR1.

 

Details are good when you have f*cking solid mechanics.

Edited by 0223998743

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
8 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Sadie ain't hot. She walks like she has a set of testicles between her legs.

That aint attractive IMO, but some guys are into that I guess.

Give me Mary-Beth over all of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743

I hate how R* make some nod about movies like The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford, yet their own story remain incredibly surrealist, exaggerated and full of cliche; nothing alike this movie.

Just like with HEAT in GTA 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

That the wanted system in RDR2 is easy to understand and if you have trouble with it it speaks volumes about your mental capacity.

 

It's not "broken" you are just stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

That the wanted system in RDR2 is easy to understand and if you have trouble with it it speaks volumes about your mental capacity.

 

It's not "broken" you are just stupid.

It was broken at launch. The first patch changed it a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
9 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

It was broken at launch. The first patch changed it a lot.

 

I never had a single issue with it. Do you have the Patch notes?

I still stand by my post, if its been "fixed" and people still have trouble with it then it just reinforces my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
23 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

It was broken at launch. The first patch changed it a lot.

I'm playing unpatched,  it's pretty much the same as far as I can tell, people are a bit more sensitive to me running into them and knocking them over like an asshole is all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
45 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

I never had a single issue with it. Do you have the Patch notes?

I still stand by my post, if its been "fixed" and people still have trouble with it then it just reinforces my point.

 

30 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I'm playing unpatched,  it's pretty much the same as far as I can tell, people are a bit more sensitive to me running into them and knocking them over like an asshole is all

Unpatched you should find that if anyone sees a dead body you killed, even if they don't see you, will report YOU for the crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
Just now, Smokewood said:

 

Unpatched you should find that if anyone sees a dead body you killed, even if they don't see you, will report YOU for the crime.

Hasn't been my experience unless they see me near the body the bounty goes to "Unknown Suspect"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
3 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Hasn't been my experience unless they see me near the body the bounty goes to "Unknown Suspect"

Even if you are near by, they don't know your name, right? Only lawmen know your name on sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

They have your description,  which matches the law's description of Arthur Morgan. 

 

Wear a mask and normal folks will be clueless as to your identity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feckyerlife
Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, ThroatSlasher2 said:

 

 For the second Redemption game in a row, we really have no incentive to play low honor and the difference between good and bad can be summed up to "shoot this fella in the face or don't".

 

There is a minor incentive to play low honor, some of the better outfits you can craft come from some of the challenges like bandit which require you doing things in  low honor.  What i don't understand is why John even has an honor system

Edited by feckyerlife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Implicitly
13 hours ago, 0223998743 said:

I hate how R* make some nod about movies like The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford, yet their own story remain incredibly surrealist, exaggerated and full of cliche; nothing alike this movie.

Just like with HEAT in GTA 5.

The scene where Arthur and Dutch jumps off the cliff is 100% an exact recreation from a scene from Butch Cassidy and The Sundance kid lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

They have your description,  which matches the law's description of Arthur Morgan. 

 

Wear a mask and normal folks will be clueless as to your identity

I haven't experienced that issue since the first patch.. at least that's how I am remembering it... sh*t I might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
Posted (edited)

Rockstar lost their "Rockstar" reputation long ago IMO, and I've been with them since GTA1.

They're not worthy of the "Rockstar" title anymore.

This company put out the Manhunt games, and slowly since they've become more and more tamed and pussified.

They deserved the Rockstar title when putting out Manhunt 1&2 and The Warriors. Bravest and among the best choices they ever made.

 

I never thought Rockstar of all companies would bow down in defeat to some corporate, greedy, talentless pieces of sh*t like Strauss Zelnick.

f*ck sake, that guy wouldn't recognise a fart out of his own arse.

Are all CEO's this clueless about their own product? 

Cos it's f*cking scary. 

Guys like that shouldn't be making ANY money!

 

Rockstar, please go back to being Rockstars and not lap dogs😘

Edited by ~INDIO~
Herbert mooon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
20 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Rockstar lost their "Rockstar" reputation long ago IMO, and I've been with them since GTA1.

They're not worthy of the "Rockstar" title anymore.

This company put out the Manhunt games, and slowly since they've become more and more tamed and pussified.

They deserved the Rockstar title when putting out Manhunt 1&2 and The Warriors. Bravest and among the best choices they ever made.

 

I never thought Rockstar of all companies would bow down in defeat to some corporate, greedy, talentless pieces of sh*t like Strauss Zelnick.

f*ck sake, that guy wouldn't recognise a fart out of his own arse.

Are all CEO's this clueless about their own product? 

Cos it's f*cking scary. 

Guys like that shouldn't be making ANY money!

 

Rockstar, please go back to being Rockstars and not lap dogs😘

What? Please explain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.