4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAleksic

Is the Oppressor Mk II still worth it?

Hécate-II
3 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

You are still using the Fully Loaded version for an unintended use, that is the very definition of an exploit. We were given the FL version to complete the FL mission, not to fight in free roam.

If you want lol, I also like to play that job with a random low level associate, I just let him drive the ruiner to reveal Limo positions and I do the job alone with my chopper. 

All VIP jobs including Airfreight(no cops, patched) were used in a PvP purpose. Like Sightseer disabling BST spawn...etc, on console peoples doing rampage against players use VIP jobs to disable insurance, votekicking, even prevent passive mode abuse.

You can call it "cheating/exploiting", fair enough, I doubt R* see it as something that can be reported as an exploit. 

RyuNova

Its the same as starting Hostile Takeover, getting the wanted level and then spreading it around the lobby like a virus. That was never an intended thing and thus you are exploiting a loophole.

Happy Hunter

Most broomstick boys used to do the speed glitch, far more of an exploit than playing Fully Loaded in my opinion.

I use Fully Loaded when I'm feeling lazy, don't want to put in much effort like them. Other times the Hunter deals with them, or the Savage, etc.

Hécate-II
17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Most broomstick boys used to do the speed glitch, far more of an exploit than playing Fully Loaded in my opinion.

I use Fully Loaded when I'm feeling lazy, don't want to put in much effort like them. Other times the Hunter deals with them, or the Savage, etc.

FL has the advantage to make leave most monospecific broomsticks(those who are farming kills on low level in unarmored cars), at least it what I concluded from my own experience, not bragging, I'm just stating a fact, against this type of player I don't even get a kill since they leave once FL starts. Several times I've also met non-monospecific broomstick users, once I ended in Ghost Org, in the tunnel, with one Hunter(Fully manned) and a B-11 trying to kill me lol(the two other guys were in Their facility trying to OC me). 1vs5. Good game. 

GTAleksic
4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Never bought one. These days it would be way too slow for my liking anyway, glorious Hunter is more my pace.

Th-...Thanks?

Spectre "2K"

yeah it's a good vehicle i guess, but it becomes absolutely boring and brainless to fly after about 2 hours 

mine only ever comes out for crate runs anymore 

Big Molio
1 hour ago, Hécate-II said:

FL has the advantage to make leave most monospecific broomsticks(those who are farming kills on low level in unarmored cars), at least it what I concluded from my own experience, not bragging, I'm just stating a fact, against this type of player I don't even get a kill since they leave once FL starts. Several times I've also met non-monospecific broomstick users, once I ended in Ghost Org, in the tunnel, with one Hunter(Fully manned) and a B-11 trying to kill me lol(the two other guys were in Their facility trying to OC me). 1vs5. Good game. 

Most Op II flyers don't think to have their boost fully charged after using it, so they'll see me and give chase hoping to bring me down, which typically involves me firing the chaff and performing evasive maneouvres around buidings using the boost to flank them. Then they are mine. I just hate the principle of bad sport for what is essentially self-defence. 

Op II duels in Freemode are fun too, actually.

Endjinn
7 hours ago, RyuNova said:

You are still using the Fully Loaded version for an unintended use, that is the very definition of an exploit. We were given the FL version to complete the FL mission, not to fight in free roam.

That's just crazy talk!

That's like saying we shouldn't buy single crates to avoid paying insurance or accumulating BS points when we go on a killing spree.:colgate:

OT; Yes.

Edited by Endjinn

Lonely-Martin
36 minutes ago, Endjinn said:

That's just crazy talk!

That's like saying we shouldn't buy single crates to avoid paying insurance or accumulating BS points when we go on a killing spree.:colgate:

OT; Yes.

...or source an I/E car and leave it as bait for the sniper, lol.

I fell for that one once. 🤣

Boozey St James

I love the oppressor for collecting crates, product, client missions etc. It's SOOO much faster than the Deluxo.

Other than that, I prefer my Deluxo and chilling on my yacht. 

Mokuakae

What's "worth it" really mean in this game? If you like flying around, blowing stuff up and getting blown up, then yes it's probably worth it. It instigates confict if that's you bag.  Don't use the guns. The targeting is very twitchy you will never hit anything you may be trying to target. Rockets every time. You can free aim if you like that sort of thing, and you might hit: something. 

nido997

yeah , definitely still worth it ... 

this (of course with the Terrorbyte) is the ultimate grinding toy , collecting crates isn´t painful anymore ... during the double $ on crates I used to fill up a large wharehouse in like 5-6 hours , generating 4.4-4.6 mil. in every sales 

I don´t mess around in public lobbies so I don´t use it for griefing ... but I do take down griefers in their MkII oppressors from time to time ;)

MisFit-138

I hate this stupid bike and will never purchase one. Same with the Deluxo. They are trollmobiles, if you have any respect for yourself, dont buy one. 

Endjinn
18 minutes ago, MisFit-138 said:

I hate this stupid bike and will never purchase one. Same with the Deluxo. They are trollmobiles, if you have any respect for yourself, dont buy one. 

You have to try this bike mate. You'll love it. I feel your pain but honestly, it is by far the greatest vehicle that has ever been introduced into this game. Nothing even comes close to it, and I say that from a place of deep love for the Buzzard.

Try it, seriously.

MisFit-138
4 hours ago, Endjinn said:

You have to try this bike mate. You'll love it. I feel your pain but honestly, it is by far the greatest vehicle that has ever been introduced into this game. Nothing even comes close to it, and I say that from a place of deep love for the Buzzard.

Try it, seriously.

Well, I can appreciate that. I dont really think the owners have no self respect. My problem is that it's so OP you practically NEED to have one to compete in any capacity. So everyone buys one, just for another oppressive death machine to be introduced. At this point, the orbital cannon might as well be free to use, public lobbies would feel no different.

At the same time, my stance against the deluxo didnt prevent anything

Edited by MisFit-138

Ryan5252

Generally, the one thing I'm guaranteed to hit 100% of the time is every single dam light and telegraph poles and then get trapped in an unending dance around them to try and break free. 

But yes, as others have said, it's a necessity at this stage for efficient grinding. 

Big Molio
1 hour ago, MisFit-138 said:

I hate the Deluxo with a passion, but the Oppressor II is now the only thing I regularly use. So much so that I have sold up everything but my racing vehicles.

To that end then, it has ruined GTA Online I will agree, but dammit if this thing isn’t convenient. I only ever call in my Buzzard if I have left my Oppressor II somewhere I can’t reach it and need to get up there again ha ha

It mixes the freedom of a bike, with the freedom of a helicopter, and that is an addictive prospect.

I would love it if these were a thing in real life.

Jenkiiii
2 hours ago, MisFit-138 said:

I respect what you say, but you also know as well as I do and everyone else on this forum that it's an essential tool in GTA online in 2019. But it's the way you use it that counts. Call your Terrorbyte, select a mission and go, and never worry about grinding the miles ever again - you could probably make a sandwich on your way to Paleto Bay, it's that idiot proof. But as a griefing tool it's the utter cow's udder of GTA online, and I hate it.

The problem is, we can't go back in time. For the first time in a while I registered as an MC president and did some collection missions around the map simply because I enjoy them, and then my heart sank when I saw the hellspawn Oppressor Mk II at the side of the road which I'd called during the last mission. Gone are the days of roleplaying on choppers, wielding wrenches and trying to avoid the imaginary stink of unwashed leathers, because the only thing that matters in 2019 is having a rocket between your legs.

GTAleksic

To everyone who actually helped me: Thank you very much, I have had a lot of fun cruising around in my Oppressor MK II, I added rockets and I'm doing Bunker resuppliess now to get the Alien Egg. It's really great and speed low to the ground with it is really fun, especially the way it adapts to height.

To everyone else, I'm not griefing with this, I am playing a video game and having fun. I'm sorry my fun isn't the same as your fun.

Intial-B

It kills me every time, so....