4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[III/VC/SA/IV/V] GTA Chars And Anim Helper 0.91

Shagg_E

On 19/12/2020 at 4:45, Cleoude said:

Supongo que la mayoría de los modders no se meten con las animaciones. Pero lo hice entre 15 y 30 minutos. Además, hice cslighter para gta sa en Body Harvest pero usé el esqueleto de Tenpenny. Ahora será fácil agregar objetos de escena para sa. Pero Gta Vice City usa main scm para ello. Quizás los scripts cleo puedan arreglar eso. Noté que los chefs no tienen armas en la escena de la pelea del callejón ...

Hello friend, we meet again what a great job you did, I congratulate you and I already sent 2 messages to Tyrone that if some day of miracle he responds and shares the animation converter of gta vice city stories I will be attentive and if he answers I will let you know and if that happens I'll pass it on to you too, I just hope you can do the same, we both need that converter and by the way, happy new year friend.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:47, Shagg_E said:

No, este script no es para abrir / guardar IFP o cualquier otro formato de archivo. Es solo para editar.
Hice explicaciones rápidas en la primera publicación sobre este tema. Intentaré hacer un tutorial completo más tarde cuando termine todo el trabajo. Si este tutorial no lo ha hecho otra persona antes.

Hello friend, hear a question, how are you doing with the progress of your script? and are you still considering doing the tutorial once you finish it? by the way Happy New Year

• 1 month later...

I Tried to convert vc peds to sa but It crashes the game. I made exact bone hierarchy and calculated bone hierarchy. but It doesn't work. I made Bone ids same too...

4 hours ago, Cleoude said:

I Tried to convert vc peds to sa but It crashes the game. I made exact bone hierarchy and calculated bone hierarchy. but It doesn't work. I made Bone ids same too...

Hmm, that's strange... If you made them SA bone hierarchy and it doesn't work - then maybe it's something with a skin modifier. Try to import the model again in 3ds max and watch what's wrong with it.

1 hour ago, Shagg_E said:

Hmm, that's strange... If you made them SA bone hierarchy and it doesn't work - then maybe it's something with a skin modifier. Try to import the model again in 3ds max and watch what's wrong with it.

I did but I think VC's bones are problem. I tried convert big smoke vest model to vc before It worked. But I'm trying convert Tommy vercetti with facials. I tried Renderware converter and rw analyze. Blender too It worked but It broke the skin's legs and glasses. I converted Cs models to ig in vc but It's really confused

2 hours ago, Cleoude said:

I did but I think VC's bones are problem. I tried convert big smoke vest model to vc before It worked. But I'm trying convert Tommy vercetti with facials. I tried Renderware converter and rw analyze. Blender too It worked but It broke the skin's legs and glasses. I converted Cs models to ig in vc but It's really confused

Hmm, I don't know then. In VC, everything is okay if you follow the original game's hierarchy, no matter where you got these bones. You just also need to follow original bones' IDs, types, and names.
But also you can use SA bone hierarchy in Cutscenes or when using some tricks like replacing cop's model.
What's happens with SA in such situations - I didn't test yet, so I can't say surely.

Hi, sorry for bothering again, I tried export camera from vice city but It says Unable to convert: undefined to type :float. Anpk tool only works for sa?

3 hours ago, Cleoude said:

Hi, sorry for bothering again, I tried export camera from vice city but It says Unable to convert: undefined to type :float. Anpk tool only works for sa?

No, it works with VC too. If there're some problems - try my fix of ANPK. It's still not perfect and still WIP, but way better, from my perspective.

2 hours ago, Shagg_E said:

No, it works with VC too. If there're some problems - try my fix of ANPK. It's still not perfect and still WIP, but way better, from my perspective.

Thanks, I just wanted to show fixes from cutscenes but I'm using camhack now. I'm trying to fix intro cutscenes I fixed but I want tommy vercetti inside the vehicle. I tried to attach the bones, but when I do this, the movements remain constant. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767344283618508810/806263485238476800/cursed.mp4

21 minutes ago, Cleoude said:

Thanks, I just wanted to show fixes from cutscenes but I'm using camhack now. I'm trying to fix intro cutscenes I fixed but I want tommy vercetti inside the vehicle. I tried to attach the bones, but when I do this, the movements remain constant. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767344283618508810/806263485238476800/cursed.mp4

21 minutes ago, Cleoude said:

Actually you could put delete rotate keys..

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

A few guys asked me about this, so I'll drop it here until I'll able to do a proper tutorial.

This is how to play a totally new ifp file in Vice City.

Spoiler

So, here's way to playing new anims (you don't need to use CLEO opcodes for doing this, but you can, if you want😞
As you know, there's 3 extra anims in vice city, that needs to be loaded: RIOT.ifp(animation 29 for opcode 0372), STRIP.ifp(32 for 0372) and LANCE.ifp(34). So, you can just(for example) copy LANCE.ifp animation, rename it into NAME.ifp, change animation inside(but don't rename anim inside) and put this into gta3.img. Then you will able to load NAME.ifp as LANCE.ifp, i.e. as animation 34 for opcode 0372.
But, firstly, you should correctly load this new anim:

load_animation 'NAME'  // here you loaded new anim 34
wait 100
04EF: release_animation 'LANCE'  // here you unloaded default 34 anim(I know, this looks idiotic)
wait 0
load_animation 'NAME'  // then you loaded new anim 34 again

Don't ask, why in works, but it works!(I just was lucky to found this)
When you're done, you should correctly unload new anim:

04EF: release_animation 'NAME'
wait 0
load_animation 'LANCE'
wait 100
04EF: release_animation 'LANCE' 

Or you can start with a little cutscene. Here you can download a little example with code explanations.

Edited by Shagg_E
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2018 at 5:36 AM, Shagg_E said:

"GTA Chars And Anim Helper" v0.91 Open Beta

https://i.gyazo.com/063bdaedb927ea024a6b51f2a0d64613.png

For those who not very interested in all of this but wonder what is that sh*t from the title picture above ^^^ - it's just one experimental mod.

I don't know when it comes out, sorry.
But now you can do the same things with "GTA Chars And Anim Helper"! Or any other dope stuff.
Combine it with CarRec and you'll get something like Quantum Break plus Uncharted plus Resident Evil plus [insert your Favorite Game].

Now, if you're interested...

This is the MaxScript for Autodesk 3ds Max.

Description:
"GTA Chars And Anim Helper" gives you the ability to skip some boring moments of skinning and animation of the characters for GTA: Vice City and San Andreas.
SOME options potentially can be used for GTA 3/4/5 modding, or other games.

Installation:
Just place "GTACharsAndAnimHelperBeta.ms" into your "3dsmax/scripts" folder.

How to use:
Point to any button with the mouse cursor to see some extra info.

That's all, dudes.

Grat job bosshttps://thumb.gyazo.com/thumb/120_w/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbWciOiJfYWM1MzBhYTMxMDEzODliODRiZTk0NmU4ODM4YjgxODEifQ.HhrhD_J05gLJt1d70c6G96qKTeHaSjmZvIbHBBEnMuY-gif.gif

Ok, here's the extended description for these buttons:

"Char Helper":

Reveal hidden contents

https://i.gyazo.com/8f02d6ab2750401d20f88481d74b2eeb.png

Every bone in GTA VC/SA bone hierarchy has some special properties(select the bone, click "RMB/Object Properties/User Defined" & look at them):

* BoneID:
A special ID number for in-game use. For example, 24th bone "holds" the gun(usually, it's a right hand's bone). Needs for IG(InGame, gameplay) models, doesn't matter for CS(CutScene) characters(but can be useful for opcode 0524).
* BoneIndex:
Just index from the Root bone(0) to the last bone in the hierarchy(look at scene hierarchy in Scene Explorer to understand, but only if it sorted by date). It's important to match the real index!
* FrameName:
Trash stuff that appears because of KAM's scripts. Actually, ALL of these parameters appears because of KAM's scripts, but this parameter is needless except for one little pointless renaming option called "Restore" in the "DFF IO" script.
* BoneType:
1 or 3 - bones that don't have children bones
0 or 2 - bones that have children bones
If there are a few children bones under the parent bone - all children bones must be 2 or 3, but the last one must be 0 or 1. If there's only one children bone - this children bone must be 0 or 1.

So, how this maxscript can help you with all of these?
Easy: you don't need to go to "RMB/Object Properties/User Defined" every time - just use "Set BoneID" field to set BoneID for each bone, then select any bone and use once "Calculate for all hierarchy" button to automatically calculate and set BoneType and BoneIndex parameters for all custom bone hierarchy!
Yep, you can create a completely new bone hierarchy from scratch(64 bones maximum for CS models and 24 - for IG, but remember - there's no limits, if you really want to do something new) by using "Create bones" buttons, then set all these bones' parameters, then skin your character with this skeleton by using 3dsmax "Skin" modifier, export and use in game!

From Max:

https://thumb.gyazo.com/thumb/120_w/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbWciOiJfMDAxNTJjNzg0OGU4NzlkNmEyZTc2NGRlNjFlNTY2YTYifQ.GiCzZmEfqqjJcSeCZH0zKTR1AwAy-R02PQa_xT_PnSk-gif.gif

To Game:

https://thumb.gyazo.com/thumb/120_w/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbWciOiJfZGYyMTZkNDgxM2NmMjdmNzZiOWE3NWZmNDM2NTFjMjEifQ.d8gnLGOr9EchfcbLOjnIEWZdH_0rFRmyBCkO1S1jE0c-gif.gif

Making of all-new characters is easy as Boom-Boom-Tap:

• 3 weeks later...
GamingWithJumbo
On 12/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Cleoude said:

I imported animations with anpk tool. And I used attach for selected from your max script. I just did phil gives weapon tommy manually. I couldn't find easy way

but how did you load csplay.dff? when i load it in using kams script, it is bugged, and if i use aap's importer, it doesn't work with the ifp animations

10 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

but how did you load csplay.dff? when i load it in using kams script, it is bugged, and if i use aap's importer, it doesn't work with the ifp animations

GamingWithJumbo
6 minutes ago, Shagg_E said:

i'm very sorry, it's just me who was dumb

continue on with these projects man, these are some goldies

Edited by GamingWithJumbo

20 hours ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

i'm very sorry, it's just me who was dumb

No, that's okay - it's a common problem I also struggle with before.

20 hours ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

continue on with these projects man, these are some goldies

• 2 months later...