2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HeyThereFriend

Couple of new issues I experienced this playthrough (Spoilers)

HeyThereFriend

So I love this game but there are moments it can be....stressful for completionists.

Any time an event happens in camp, after the mission Horseman, Apocalypse for example, everyone in camp has a dreadful tone as they should but then Arthur goes up to them and says "Howdy Sirs" in a very cheerful tone. It's like Arthur isn't there and didn't experience just what happened. Same with Sean's party, Jack's party and so on.

My first two times doing this when I greeted everyone after that mission, everyone had additional dialogue talking about how they felt what happened in that mission. Not this time. Not a fan of losing out of conversations. Well actually Micah had the additional dialogue. Which leads me to another potential issue.

Is it still possible for characters to disappear in certain Chapters, mainly 4?

Micah was gone for me all Chapter 4 post Jack's party up until Horseman, Apocalypse ended. Then he stuck around. Dutch too seemed missing after Jack's party up until Horseman, Apocalypse triggered. Are they supposed to be gone or no?

Did the most recent patch to two break camp conversations after events?

Cutter De Blanc

Micah hangs out behind the house mainly, only usually comes to the main campfire after dark. Dutch is almost always locked away in his room reading or on his balcony being creepy

I can safely say Trelawney is missing from my camp though and has been since Jack's party so maybe you do have a bug if you can't find them anywhere

HeyThereFriend
3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Micah hangs out behind the house mainly, only usually comes to the main campfire after dark. Dutch is almost always locked away in his room reading or on his balcony being creepy

I can safely say Trelawney is missing from my camp though and has been since Jack's party so maybe you do have a bug if you can't find them anywhere

Yeah I found Micah behind the house after Horsemen, Apocalypse but not before. Same with Dutch, he's gone until Horsemen triggers, then I can find him in his room standing next to his bed doing nothing or in the chair on the side of the house.

Trelawny missing isn't a bug, he's in Saint Denis. You can find his apartment there and hear him talking through the door. He's got a family that doesn't seem to know about his life with Dutch because Arthur says through the door "Trelawny is that you?" and he replies with "It's not a good time right now, I'll see you in the office on Monday."

Cutter De Blanc

He was in camp during chapter 4 on my first playthrough

I've already found him at his house a long time ago

He's not anywhere this playthrough 

HeyThereFriend
3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

He was in camp during chapter 4 on my first playthrough

I've already found him at his house a long time ago

He's not anywhere this playthrough 

Okay so basically characters still go missing then. The camp stuff seems to have a lot of issues. Which is a shame since I think the camp interactions is one of the best parts of the game. I'm in Chapter 6 now and this is the last playthrough I'm doing for a while so hopefully by the time I do my 4th playthrough they will have fixed all these issues. Hopefully.

Darealbandicoot
On 2/6/2019 at 8:06 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

I've actually noticed this. Micah is 100% disappeared from camp until his companion activity and then disappears again. Dutch only shows up if there's a mission he features in. Charles and Trelawney rarely appear in camp. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, HeyThereFriend said:

So I love this game but there are moments it can be....stressful for completionists.

Any time an event happens in camp, after the mission Horseman, Apocalypse for example, everyone in camp has a dreadful tone as they should but then Arthur goes up to them and says "Howdy Sirs" in a very cheerful tone. It's like Arthur isn't there and didn't experience just what happened. Same with Sean's party, Jack's party and so on.

My first two times doing this when I greeted everyone after that mission, everyone had additional dialogue talking about how they felt what happened in that mission. Not this time. Not a fan of losing out of conversations. Well actually Micah had the additional dialogue. Which leads me to another potential issue.

Is it still possible for characters to disappear in certain Chapters, mainly 4?

Micah was gone for me all Chapter 4 post Jack's party up until Horseman, Apocalypse ended. Then he stuck around. Dutch too seemed missing after Jack's party up until Horseman, Apocalypse triggered. Are they supposed to be gone or no?

Did the most recent patch to two break camp conversations after events?

I'm 100% certain it did. These "patches" break stuff. The conversations do work perfectly fine if your playing with no patches however (and rarely with patches) which proves this is another f*ck up by Rockstar’s signature single player destroyer patches. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

HeyThereFriend
30 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I've actually noticed this. Micah is 100% disappeared from camp until his companion activity and then disappears again. Dutch only shows up if there's a mission he features in. Charles and Trelawney rarely appear in camp. 

I'm 100% certain it did. These "patches" break stuff. The conversations do work perfectly fine if your playing with no patches however (and rarely with patches) which proves this is another f*ck up by Rockstar’s signature single player destroyer patches. 

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's not just me and there is just nothing I can do as I have it digital so not able to remove patches.

Anyway it's really unfortunate they break things that worked fine prior to the patches and based on the info they released today, it doesn't look like they are working on single player anymore and only focusing on the online "beta".

Satanta

Have not had a chance to play in a few weeks.  Now I have to worry they patched something not needed.  Wonder if there is any way to Unpatch it if so and keep the Update from getting loaded afterwards?

I was a big R* fan after RDR1.  Bully and GTA3 to 5 but this has gotten to the point with things I'm reading and seeing that I may have to find other games.

Sure as hell not pre-ordering from them again at this point.

O.Z
2 hours ago, Satanta said:

Have not had a chance to play in a few weeks.  Now I have to worry they patched something not needed.  Wonder if there is any way to Unpatch it if so and keep the Update from getting loaded afterwards?

I was a big R* fan after RDR1.  Bully and GTA3 to 5 but this has gotten to the point with things I'm reading and seeing that I may have to find other games.

Sure as hell not pre-ordering from them again at this point.

Patched or unpatched it doesn’t matter, its still the game of the decade, nothing can change that. It’s just that one is slightly better than the other. I think the vanilla performed the best.

Darealbandicoot

I've noticed on my second playthrough that objects the characters are holding float out of their hands or super glue to their back. Doesn't happen at all in the unpatched version.