1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

dwestos

Whats the best buy on Wheeler Rawson SALE (ONLINE)

hotrats773

Da fuq? This is like R* breathlessly touting 5% off yachts in GTA. WGAF?

I swear to god those R* employees exist in some alternate universe where there's no internet.

"WE HAVE HEARD YOUR VOICES BECAUSE WE CARE AND LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS!" *fap*fap*

Sale on tonics.

I can't even.

GenericGTAO

Will they give more gold away?  They should this tonic sale is dirt and more offensive.  No one buys them anyway.

•—•

I know a few people who might be happy. And they are tonic addicts.

ThaBirdCoot

I can just as well run trough St. Denis and smack every npc with a pistol, loot them and get snake oil, bitters, jewelry whatever the hell they carry. Tell us again R* why we would fall for this crap ? Oh, I forget to mention, I can also just craft them smh...

You wanna discount sh*t, well how about you discount some f*cking horses, clothing or these crazy recipe pamphlets along with throwing weapons whatever, but tonics riiiight -__-

What about actually going out and tell us about some content in a foreseeable future and not "months" at least we could get our hopes up again....

Whoever it was that issued a complaint to R* about high snake oil prices must be feeling pretty good right now.

IamCourtney

Lol uuuhhh... maybe they just wanna test the Turn Sales On button with something lowkey?

4eyedcoupe
2 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Lol uuuhhh... maybe they just wanna test the Turn Sales On button with something lowkey?

Funny...I checked for a newswire post just now and thought the same exact thing and was going to post that thought here.... LOL

YNNEL

I think Rockstar are trolling us at this point.

Edited by YNNEL

Ryan5252
5 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I wonder if they'll double down and do a RDO event Newswire later announcing the great RDO tonic sale of Feb 2019.

Pretty close, they just posted this on Twitter...

In the Red Dead Online Beta, Tonics provide relief to the ill and injured and can boost your health, Dead Eye skills and stamina. Stay well supplied and stockpile for emergencies with a combination of Health Cures, Bitters, Snake Oil and Miracle Tonics, all 25% off this week. https://t.co/i95UaXlwjh

What absolute bastards.

Edited by Ryan5252

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, Ryan5252 said:

Pretty close, they just posted this on Twitter...

In the Red Dead Online Beta, Tonics provide relief to the ill and injured and can boost your health, Dead Eye skills and stamina. Stay well supplied and stockpile for emergencies with a combination of Health Cures, Bitters, Snake Oil and Miracle Tonics, all 25% off this week. https://t.co/i95UaXlwjh

Seriously. It's the hints and tips no one needed or asked for all over again.

This whole period since launch has been f*cking infuriating.

Dr.Rosenthal

They're really taking a beating on social media platforms, and rightfully so, lol. No discount on anything, and especially not f*cking tonics of all things would have been better than this. I'm thinking they best just keep silent until they actually got something coming out.

Why are they so reluctant to releasing small patches with fixes to the most prominent bugs and issues? Why do we have to wait several months? Especially since it's in a beta stage. I just don't understand.

Although I gotta say, I'm enjoying the game for what it is still, I'm rank 61 or 62 now and I'm enjoying hunting, fishing, the odd stranger mission and PvP action, focusing on upgrading more ability cards and getting clothes for all weathers as well as horses and horse equipment and then I'll probably start buying pamphlets. I like having stuff to look forward to.

I have friends to play with as well which probably goes a long way to make it interesting.

Tonics... who buys them anyways? I craft those I can craft and try and loot as much as I can. I often use tonics, but exclusively during free roam PvP, so I wouldn't say they're useless but they're just too expensive even with a discount.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

coach_wargo

Rafae S

Maybe they're just testing the waters for future event weeks? Would explain today's situation a whole lot better lol

Also looks like they might be swapping RDO's day of the week with GTAO's and vice versa.

Happy Hunter

This'll bring me back right away! /s

I held out a long time before joining the red dead is dying group, but after they said they'll only be updating in "the coming months" - it was pretty obvious to me they needed to do something sooner or no one would care. This doesn't exactly cut it.

I've got new GTA videos with literally hundreds of times the views my slightly older red dead videos have too, so if that's anything to go by - people aren't interested in tonic sales.

ALifeOfMisery
9 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Maybe they're just testing the waters for future event weeks? Would explain today's situation a whole lot better lol

Maybe, test out a sale on something irrelevant rather than f*ck up a sale on horses. 

I don't think R* deserve any benefit of the doubt after how they've handled RDO so far.

12 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Also looks like they might be swapping RDO's day of the week with GTAO's and vice versa.

I hope not, tunable Tuesday is part of GTAO's identity after years of event weeks. RDO should get its own, different, day if both can't share Tuesdays.

Van_Hellsing

Everybody is complaining about the lack of content. I am having a good time. I do not need to worry too much about blips on the radar. I have all of Rhodes to myself. 

I can do fishing in peace. Level up to unlock the interesting pamphlets and upgrade my ability cards. By the time there's renewed interest because Rockstar releases content, I will be a god of vengeance surrounded by low level scum. 

I was challenged by a level 4. I did not even had to go to dead eye to send him to the eternal hunting grounds in a snap. 

Rockstar has to pretend to actually doing something. There was a bribe with five gold bars. The discount on tonics was a miscalculation. Give a discount on horses, pamphlets, holsters or even funny hats.

But not something useless as tonics. Tonics are consumables that can be crafted or found all over the map. It is like pissing in your neck and call it rain. Rockstar wants to hide the fact that they have become a greedy money grabbing company, by appearing to be generous with discounts on useless stuff. 

In gta Rockstar is giving away a million gta$, if you log on in the coming weekends. Give everyone $200 in RDR2. 

Jason

You know what's even more odd? Going by their tweets they've started this sale/event to put a focus on tonics to gather feedback. Of all things to run an event to gather feedback for, tonics. What are they gonna do? Make tonics more powerful so you're chugging them away like a madman in PvP? Nerf them into the ground so they're useless? It's not like you ever need to buy them either, looting gets you a lot of tonics.

It's so f*cking odd man.

4eyedcoupe
8 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Ammo and hay for the horse is pretty much the only items I buy

Oh yea...Gun oil too.  I find myself purchasing a few extra here and there since looting can't keep up with THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I HAVE TO CLEAN MY WEAPONS EVERYDAY!

^^(yes, my voice started getting raised toward the end there in frustration)^^

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

AUScowboy

Screw your sales, how about some money/gold bonuses on showdown series or races? Better yet, how about some actual new content..

Assblaster

Who the hell would pay for something you can easily make??

BobDyl

The most ironic thing here is that tonics might be the game mechanic that is most broken in RDO, along with health and stamina cores. You can be full up on everything and die instantaneously with a varmint headshot. All these attributes are trumped by ability cards and auto-aim headshots. They literally make no difference in the game. It's almost as if R* hasn't actually played RDO themselves.

•—•
4 hours ago, Assblaster said:

Who the hell would pay for something you can easily make??

Because people can't be arsed to back out of showdown? And spend 10 minutes to gather and craft.

The people that do this, have a lot of $ money.

4 hours ago, BobDyl said:

The most ironic thing here is that tonics might be the game mechanic that is most broken in RDO, along with health and stamina cores. You can be full up on everything and die instantaneously with a varmint headshot. All these attributes are trumped by ability cards and auto-aim headshots. They literally make no difference in the game. It's almost as if R* hasn't actually played RDO themselves.

This is one of my favourite thing to do. When someone runs out of spawn, drinking tonic. And they later get headshot by me. Waste of tonic.

Edited by Ektope

fryday

I was a defender of Rockstars GTAO DLC policy, but the rdo situation is just a huge disappointment. the game is alteady dead to modt of my friends, to call it BETA is a joke for itself

DarksunDaFirst
On 2/5/2019 at 7:29 AM, rusbeckia said:

Quality info here. 

Even for a discounted price tonics are way too expensive and not worth buying imo. (Except it‘s a emergency lol)

This.

I make my own as it's not hard to stock up on the ingredients.  I currently have a stockpile of PSO and enough ingredients to make 10 more whenever I'm near a fire.  I find myself not needing them that often.  

The only tonics I buy are horse reviver.  Horses are stupid and need lots of reviver.  I'm willing to pay for that over losing pelts.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst