4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
hugh750

what was the hardest mission you did in rdr 2

hugh750

early this morning i was doing missions in guarma, i kept trying to get to dutch not knowing i go another way to get to him, i kept getting killed by enemies.

i did eventually eventually did find another way to get to dutch and we eventually escaped.

what was the hardest mission you did in rdr 2

JavierC

I avoid using dead eye as much as possible during the game, like someone once said: a shot in the chest without deadeye > a headshot with deadeye.

The mission where I struggled more was when you and Micah rob a cart in chapter 2 or 3 I believe. The damn thing at full speed towards a cliff with no oportunity for a clean shot.

Tonesta

I think it's fair to say that RDR2 is not a difficult game - and so even the hardest missions are nothing compared to other games (including the Rockstar PS2 era that had some serious bastards!)

But the one I failed the most was probably 'This is Murfee Country'. I kept wanting to wait for the Brood to emerge from the cave and pick them off, only for Charles to go blundering in and get himself one shot killed with a machete. Realized the only way to stop him committing suicide was to go blundering in myself even quicker with a big shotgun. Still took a couple of goes........

Ayesha
5 hours ago, JavierC said:

I avoid using dead eye as much as possible during the game, like someone once said: a shot in the chest without deadeye > a headshot with deadeye.

The mission where I struggled more was when you and Micah rob a cart in chapter 2 or 3 I believe. The damn thing at full speed towards a cliff with no oportunity for a clean shot.

I will surely not use dead eye once on my 2nd play-through which I'll start today, sounds like a challenge.

Jutland

Hardest mission for me by far was trying to lasso that snake oil guy out of the river. Took about twenty attempts. That was the only mission I was really ever tempted to press ‘Skip’ on. But I lassoed him in the end lol

Any mission that involves shooting backwards while the horse is galloping forwards is darn hard too.

Other than that, the missions are a bit too easy IMO. Most of them can be done first go.  

SonOfLiberty

Nothing stands out that's really difficult persay to the point I would dread doing it again, but in "The Bridge To Nowhere" I found the handcart movement tedious and it was frustrating John and Arthur kept dying from being hit from the train if the motion wasn't in sync.

O.Z
31 minutes ago, American Venom said:

Nothing stands out that's really difficult persay to the point I would dread doing it again, but in "The Bridge To Nowhere" I found the handcart movement tedious and it was frustrating John and Arthur kept dying from being hit from the train if the motion wasn't in sync.

Yep, basically it was another quicktime event implemented by Rockstar. This mission could have been so much cooler, with two of the coolest characters working side by side, instead we got this PaRappa The Rapper style garbage. 

Mac-

Hardest one for me was Blessed are the Meek, on my second playthrough I tried not to kill anyone in that mission, just didn't want to pay a big bounty for that prick.

happygrowls

A New Jerusalem, clearly the hardest mission the game. My A button was nearly broken from building a little house together.

In all seriousness, I think that one bounty mission where you gotta capture the target alive and he challenges you to a duel was the one I restarted the most, mainly because I was learning the dueling mechanics, and I kept either missing, getting shot, or accidentally shooting him. Recently in my second play through I managed to do it in one try.

Story Mission wise, I think the mission with Micah in Strawberry is quite difficult, seeing as it's an early mission, unless you spent time upgrading your cores it's likely you're going to pop a few health stims for it.

slohbur

Getting gold for A Short Walk in a Pretty Town in Chapter 3 was the hardest challenge for me.

Jimmy

The Bridge to Nowhere. This was one of the missions I played on my friend's X1. Transporting the dynamite in the cart was a bit unexpected and lowering them was even tricker. I couldn't run back and get the ladder in a good time though. Escaping was the only part where the controller got sweaty with the repeated taps to avoid being hit by the train.

XAIKON

There were 'hard' missions? Time consuming maybe, but mind-numbingly easy is how i would describe every single mission. I was really hoping the final showdown with micah would actually call for some skill.... but no. The only times I have ever failed in a mission, which I'm sure millions of players also experienced, was while testing if any alternate routes/methods would work. But that lead every single time to mission failure, because I had slightly varied my approach from Rockstar's "THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY IT MUST BE DONE"

O.Z
1 hour ago, XAIKON said:

There were 'hard' missions? Time consuming maybe, but mind-numbingly easy is how i would describe every single mission. I was really hoping the final showdown with micah would actually call for some skill.... but no. The only times I have ever failed in a mission, which I'm sure millions of players also experienced, was while testing if any alternate routes/methods would work. But that lead every single time to mission failure, because I had slightly varied my approach from Rockstar's "THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY IT MUST BE DONE"

Instead we got a pre scripted quicktime event! What a major letdown!

ThroatSlasher2

Any mission where I had to stand in the middle of a warzone and quickly dispose of the army I was facing, in fear that my useless AI companions would just be picked off like flies.

RJX74

American Venom with free aim. Still not too bad.

Jimbatron
2 hours ago, slohbur said:

Getting gold for A Short Walk in a Pretty Town in Chapter 3 was the hardest challenge for me.

This. Most of the missions are pretty easy. A few fiddly ones where a comrade might die, and has some have mentioned the mechanics in some scripted bits like “A Bridge to Nowhere” can feel a bit clumsy.

Getting gold is often a different proposition. The only way I can do some of them is to stock up on Snake Oil and use dead eye almost exclusively throughout. That might be because I’m primarily a PC lacking in aiming skill with a controller.

Cutter De Blanc

A Quick Favor for an Old Friend 

Happy to let Sadie get killed by the Del Lobos and let Mr. Cortez escape in peace, but the game said no

Bitch charges in with blood in her eye and gets killed over and over again... some f*ckin bounty hunter she is

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

TheSantader25

The mission with Sadie in the epilogue where you have to catch the Del Lobo because Sadie kept dying. 

3Prcntr

Jim boy callahan missions where you have to beat the draws. Other than that, nothing really stands out to me.

First play though they were all kind of tough, but second play through having leveled arthur up ASAP and getting the LOTE satchel, hunting, and a ton of money/tonics/etc etc plus dead eye, I rarely miss a headshot and I have only died twice. Both times I just reloaded a save so technically in game, my Arthur has never died. That was my goal this playthrough. I don't care about not using dead eye, I actually enjoy using it very much. Especially with medium to low honor when it slow mo's and focuses on Arthurs grin after a headshot. Epic.

There are tons of missions that are free to chose or based on choices you already made. Tons of fun. You can't expect a game of this size to cater to whatever you want to do all the time. We have progressed a lot in the gaming world, but no game is there yet. This isn't "Ready Player One" where we can just do anything in an alternate reality. Not yet. ALL games are scripted to a certain degree. IMHO, this game did very well confusing people as to what choices to make (although if you want honor, it's pretty straight forward) and allowing you do alter certain missions, random events and stranger encounters. That is their point and what they intended. Don't like it? Don't play it. I personally only play certain games like this for that reason. I don't like other games. Not going to complain about a lack of creativity in a game that can keep you busy in single player for a very long time. I said I was not going to play it a second time, but am really glad I did. Entirely different experience and well worth it. I won't jump on the complain/hate bandwagon here, this game is too good.

If the game is not hard enough, fix your settings and make it more challenging. Turn the map off even. Like some have said, don't use dead eye, or/and go free aim. Little stuff like that they provide in this game is plenty to make it a challenge.

Edited by 3Prcntr

HeyThereFriend

For me it was the Pouring Fourth Oil mission where you gotta get the carriage for John. My issue was I didn't wanna kill anyone and lose honor, so I wanted to do it unseen. Problem is you can't, so when I steal it and just drive away, I get them following me and they won't stop. Maybe it was a glitch because last time I did it, they didn't follow for long and had no problem.

Edited by HeyThereFriend

Obsi
On 2/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, Tonesta said:

I think it's fair to say that RDR2 is not a difficult game - and so even the hardest missions are nothing compared to other games (including the Rockstar PS2 era that had some serious bastards!)

But the one I failed the most was probably 'This is Murfee Country'. I kept wanting to wait for the Brood to emerge from the cave and pick them off, only for Charles to go blundering in and get himself one shot killed with a machete. Realized the only way to stop him committing suicide was to go blundering in myself even quicker with a big shotgun. Still took a couple of goes........

Ugh yes ^  this!

God Damned Charles and his tissuepaper skin!

SonOfLiberty
21 hours ago, RJX74 said:

American Venom with free aim. Still not too bad.

Yeah I'm pretty hard. Good to know.😛

Grotti Vigilante

I don't remember many missions being difficult to complete. I didn't have a great amount of frustration with any of them really, not even freeing Micah from Strawberry. The hardest part of that was regretting it knowing what Micah becomes. Or at least shows us who he truly was. A Fork in the Road was hard-hitting when you realised that Arthur is pretty much done for. But gameplay wise I don't really have any missions that stood out as hard.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

It's the same as GTA V, in a sense that none of the main story missions were particularly challenging. You're pretty much told what to do, where to go and how do do things throughout the game.