Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Nerfgoth

Landon’s Patience

Recommended Posts

Nerfgoth

How does this card work?

Do I do more damage within 15s or what? Have sourced the internet and haven't found any good explanation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01

It's just a poop card like Necessity Breeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

I believe it works like this: Fire a shot, wait 15+ seconds, next shot has the bonus damage applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•

15 seconds pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nugsy

Surely not, the description says "waiting for up to 15 seconds between shots slightly increases your damage".

So it's UP TO 15 seconds, not necessarily just for shots fired 15+ seconds after.

 

Still, you're right to question this, the description is very vague.

Reading between the lines I'd say that the damage for a subsequent shot fired 15 seconds after the first could be (let's say for argument's sake) +10%.

If you wait 20 seconds between shots it would still be +10%.

I guess the reason they said "up to" 15 seconds would be that you might get +5% damage (or whatever percentage) after just 10 seconds.

 

This is not a statement of fact, just how I read it. I'd like to hear a definitive answer to how this works myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aurther61287

Does it always pop on first shot after 15s though or does it have a max limit on time before being deactive?

 

Like if I'm hunting havent shot a thing in 1 minute and guy rolls up firing at me and I shoot him is that first shot considered waited 15 seconds or is it now that I'm engaged with someone and shooting at them I gotta wait 15 seconds to get the boost at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nugsy

^ Good question.

Come on, someone knows. This is GTAforums - The home of the know-it-all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9

You could check by looking at the cards on the upper right of your hud. If one of the 4 cards is transparent, then that means that card's ability is currently not in effect. When its solid, then that means the effect of that card is currently in effect. You can try to use this to determine exactly when that card's effect kicks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
44 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

You could check by looking at the cards on the upper right of your hud. If one of the 4 cards is transparent, then that means that card's ability is currently not in effect. When its solid, then that means the effect of that card is currently in effect. You can try to use this to determine exactly when that card's effect kicks in.

Dude I always wondered why the cards were transparent and some weren't. Good info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
1 minute ago, wehweh01 said:

Dude I always wondered why the cards were transparent and some weren't. Good info!

I wondered that myself for the longest time so I started paying attention to it and took note when certain cards would switch between transparent and solid. They went solid every time an ability is in effect. Some are in effect most of the time which is why some seem to never go transparent. Like the slot where I put Cold Blooded always turned solid immediately after a kill, meaning it was replenishing health for me at the moment and then went back to transparent after a few seconds. That card made this the most obvious to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
1 hour ago, Ghoffman9 said:

You could check by looking at the cards on the upper right of your hud. If one of the 4 cards is transparent, then that means that card's ability is currently not in effect. When its solid, then that means the effect of that card is currently in effect. You can try to use this to determine exactly when that card's effect kicks in.

As soon I draw any weapon it gets solid! But that is before I shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miahus

I think there was a previous post about whether it worked on the first shot.

Next question is, if it does, how would that work with dual wielding? do both weapons get the bonus damage on opening shots?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
34 minutes ago, miahus said:

I think there was a previous post about whether it worked on the first shot.

Next question is, if it does, how would that work with dual wielding? do both weapons get the bonus damage on opening shots?

 

dont think so, since it says "wati 15 seconds between shots" and not "between shots with the same weapon" or so. that'd mean the first shot of the second holster is considered the second shot. Also if you let's say shoot with a rifle first and then change to revolver. It's just a guess, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing
1 hour ago, miahus said:

I think there was a previous post about whether it worked on the first shot.

 

You are welcome. 

 

I asked if LP would give a first shot boost. It was denied at the time. But if the card indication lights up when you equip a gun, I am not so sure. 

 

My conclusion was that I was better off with peak condition. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slonitram

The vague description made me believe that you wait 15 seconds between each single shot for some slightly higher damage, which I found to be useless considering Showdown is way too fast paced for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
9 hours ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

The vague description made me believe that you wait 15 seconds between each single shot for some slightly higher damage, which I found to be useless considering Showdown is way too fast paced for that.

Here's hoping when the beta is officially over we get a full rundown on how these cards actually work from Rockstar themselves. I'm still thinking we'll get specific damage cards for each weapon class but that's me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing
1 hour ago, wehweh01 said:

Here's hoping when the beta is officially over we get a full rundown on how these cards actually work from Rockstar themselves.

I found a vid that explains it all. If you do not mind the background music. 

 

 

 

Landon's patience works on the first shot. 

 

 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

^^ It explained a little but not much!

 

The person who tested all cards shot to fast and didn´t make a comparison when shooting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
1 hour ago, Nerfgoth said:

^^ It explained a little but not much!

 

The person who tested all cards shot to fast and didn´t make a comparison when shooting! 

Ya hopefully someone else steps forward and does a bit more involved testing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoop_Leroy

Most confusing card in the game.  It's called Landon's "Patience" but in my experience...

 

-The card turns solid in the upper right whenever you have a gun equipped, and stays solid no matter the time interval between shots.

-The description says waiting "for up to 15 seconds" instead of "at least 15 seconds" increases damage.  Technically, that should mean bonus applied to quick shots.

-The first shot with Landon's III deals the same damage as peak condition III.  The second shot kills (using Lancaster express).  No waiting required.

 

Best case scenario -- it's basically Peak Condition without the stamina requirement, in which case, it should be called Landon's Impatience and equipped at all times.

Edited by Zoop_Leroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

^is that tier 3 or tier 2?  Just wondering, I do not want to level another card atm, but that worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coach_wargo
9 hours ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Most confusing card in the game.  It's called Landan's "Patience" but in my experience...

 

-The card turns solid in the upper right whenever you have a gun equipped, and stays solid no matter the time interval between shots.

-The description says waiting "for up to 15 seconds" instead of "at least 15 seconds" increases damage.  Technically, that should mean bonus applied to quick shots.

-The first shot with Lancaster express deals the same damage as peak condition.  The second shot kills.  No waiting required.

 

Best case scenario -- it's basically Peak Condition without the stamina requirement, in which case, it should be called Landon's Impatience and equipped at all times.

 

Maybe the name is a joke. Landon Ricketts has little patience, so you get a damage bonus for shooting quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja
On 2/4/2019 at 6:27 AM, Zoop_Leroy said:

Most confusing card in the game.  It's called Landon's "Patience" but in my experience...

 

-The card turns solid in the upper right whenever you have a gun equipped, and stays solid no matter the time interval between shots.

-The description says waiting "for up to 15 seconds" instead of "at least 15 seconds" increases damage.  Technically, that should mean bonus applied to quick shots.

-The first shot with Landon's III deals the same damage as peak condition III.  The second shot kills (using Lancaster express).  No waiting required.

 

Best case scenario -- it's basically Peak Condition without the stamina requirement, in which case, it should be called Landon's Impatience and equipped at all times.

Hm. Maybe it means you do more damage as long as your subsequent shot is within 15 seconds. If you wait for more than 15 seconds, you don't get the damage buff...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Found a video but it doesn't explain that much

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jstev4610
22 hours ago, We Are Ninja said:

Hm. Maybe it means you do more damage as long as your subsequent shot is within 15 seconds. If you wait for more than 15 seconds, you don't get the damage buff...?

maybe it means the longer you wait the higher the damage buff, up to 15 seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greydayguy
Posted (edited)

I've used Landon's Patience and have leveled it up. The description is vague, however proper English is used and applied. Waiting at all with Landon's Patience stacks your damage, but waiting for up to 15 seconds really boosts your damage. I've noticed a big difference while stacking it with other damage perks. You can stack it with Focus Fire and Peak Conditioning to One Shot folk with the Springfield 

 

 

Edited by Greydayguy
Additional Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
11 hours ago, Greydayguy said:

I've used Landon's Patience and have leveled it up. The description is vague, however proper English is used and applied. Waiting at all with Landon's Patience stacks your damage, but waiting for up to 15 seconds really boosts your damage. I've noticed a big difference while stacking it with other damage perks. You can stack it with Focus Fire and Peak Conditioning to One Shot folk with the Springfield 

 

 

So the longer I wait while aiming before the shoot the more damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898
9 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

So the longer I wait while aiming before the shoot the more damage?

I think it's the longer you wait whether aiming or not. I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greydayguy

The longer you wait in between shots period. If you wait up to 15 seconds the damage is increased to max.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aurther61287
15 hours ago, Greydayguy said:

I've used Landon's Patience and have leveled it up. The description is vague, however proper English is used and applied. Waiting at all with Landon's Patience stacks your damage, but waiting for up to 15 seconds really boosts your damage. I've noticed a big difference while stacking it with other damage perks. You can stack it with Focus Fire and Peak Conditioning to One Shot folk with the Springfield 

 

 

What other combos work to 1 shot with Springfield? What about +dmg on horseback instead focus fire or peak conditioning. 

 

Peak conditioning doesnt light up at all for me in top right unless my stamina is below 100% card implies it does more dmg at 100% stamina but why does it only light up at 99% stamina and under. Does it even work at all while on horseback? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.