TheSantader25

How Would You Rate GTA SA Now?

How Would You Rate GTA SA Now?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate GTA SA Now?

• 10-Legendary Mastapieeeeeece!
    • 1-I'm a Troll.

TheSantader25

Seems like every game in the series is getting a similar topic so it's time for one in the San Andreas category. 

Personally San Andreas is the only game that has gotten a solid 10/10 from me. There are a few nitpicks here and there but the Gameplay consisting of countless mechanics, Mission Design, Soundtrack, Map, Content, Atmosphere, Story, Characters,... All are pretty much perfect based on the game's release date. I really wish there can be another game in this series worthy of a 10/10 sooner or later. 

Edited by TheSantader25

JPFL

9.5/10 Great game.

Edited by JPFL

Motorik

Objectively, I think it deserves a 9 or 8,5. It has many flaws. Subjectively, a 10. It's my second favorite game ever (the first one being Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven).

Syrens

It aged well I'll admit, albeit it's now been surpassed in terms of mechanic.  Admittedly I did always prefer Vice City, but that was due to the atmosphere.  Finally introducing high flying heli's and planes was a nice touch, but even the likes of being able to scale fences felt like a hurdle (no pun intended) had been cleared finally in the RW engine's 3rd generation effectively.

My only real gripe with it was the story, it was so vastly far fetched.  At least when Tommy done a hit on the mob, it was believable in more ways that one, he was in the crime families after all.  He done some serious jail time.

From boosting cars in Liberty to stealing a top secret jet pack and fighter plane from a restricted government facility...it just felt very...very far fetched.

I loved the game though, don't get me wrong, being Rockstar they had to go bigger than the previous title, I just felt the plot suffered, and it all got a little over the top, Although I think I was around 14 when I played it first, so my opinions back then were vastly different than now.

Evil empire

8 ; GTA San Andreas is still definitely worth a try but the difficulty level in the missions is horribly badly dosed making some of them nothing but torture and the cars handling suffered a terrific regression compared to Vice City.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

It's still being played, just like III, VC and IV, but still SA has the most satisfying quantity and quality of gameplay aspects in the series, and among the best ever. It has the most and best cheats, biggest world, great atmosphere, biggest amount of stuff to do... i could go on. The pros overweight the cons, i just can't describe the awesomeness of this masterpiece.

American Venom

6/10.

The map is my favourite part, but beyond that it's just not my type of game. Explained it many times, but that's the way I honestly feel. Even when I view the game when I first played it in 2004 there was always something off about it that I never actually bothered to finish. 

I adored the simplistic approach of GTA III and Vice City, but have never been able to warm to the "Jack of all trades" approach in San Andreas because the majority of the side missions/content don't interest me and it gets boring. The story is like GTA V's. It starts off pretty good, but it doesn't take long before it starts going off the rails and starts to feel silly (which is probably the main reason I didn't finish it).

Then there's CJ who no matter how many times I've tried to warm to I really just don't like and if you don't like the protagonist the rest of the game is hard to get into. 

Son of Zeus

9.5 overall,  but I'll round it off to 10. This doesn't mean it's completely perfect of course,  but the enjoyment + nostalgia make it a masterpiece. You rarely see games this good anymore. It's also aged well (apart from graphics),  the controls are still smooth and fluid. 

GTA_CAT

10 the game is good enough to still deserve a Stories prequel despite being almost 15 years old.

Recommended

Back in the day I'd rate it about 8 - 9/10. Nowdays It's about 6 - 7/10. One thing that always bothered me was the physics. I remember when I played VC all those years ago, I always liked trying to carry cars on a Packer, but the physics in VC weren't quite there for it to work, which I was hoping that'd fix in SA, but they didn't, infact I think the physics are worse in SA compared to VC. Getting hungry all the time was also another pet peeve of mine. Sure you can use a cheat (Or mod) to negate that, but when you need to resort to a cheat or mod just to get rid of a very annoying feature, then you know something is up.

Asides from that, though, it really is a legend. I just find CJ a little... bland most of the time. He's one of those protagonists that's just there so you can experience the game. Sweet has why more character than CJ. Sorry to upset anyone. Even Ryder has a little more character than CJ. To be honest, it doesn't bother me too much as I've always been more for the world, but still.

So yeah, 6 - 7/10

PS. I still play this, and it is the GTA game I've put most of my hours into compared to the others.

iiCriminnaaL 49
1 hour ago, Recommended said:

I just find CJ a little... bland most of the time. He's one of those protagonists that's just there so you can experience the game. Sweet has why more character than CJ. Sorry to upset anyone. Even Ryder has a little more character than CJ.

That has been an issue for me too. While I don't really dislike Carl, I found a lot of the story's characters to be more appealing to play as, such as: Sweet, Cesar, Tenpenny, Toreno, Salvatore, and heck... even Big Smoke and T-Bone. Not to mention the charisma he lacks, compared to Tommy, Victor, Niko and Johnny.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

AlexGRFan97

9. When you look at the sheer amount of content that was vetoed and should have been included, and the content that was included but should have been vetoed, it drags the rest of the game down. If I had to be precise, 8.5. Bone stock V is a 5.5 - 6/10 in comparison, and modding helps bring both scores back up. Lack of post-game activities (mission replay really should have been introduced here), inability to traverse Liberty City (goddamn that would have been epic), the way they dealt with Ryder, and the unnecessary RPG elements are what prevents it getting a 10 from me.

Andreas0416

A solid 10. The king of the series and a true masterpiece that simply never gets old. Some of the missions and mechanics can be a pain but the game is so addicting and engrossing that it never becomes a problem. The sheer scale of things to do in this game is astounding. They threw everything they could into a video game and even though much of it was refined in later entries, it still holds up so well today. The storyline is so huge and varied and takes you all over the whole state with tons of fun/action packed missions that I always look forward to when replaying. Also, the RPG elements make you feel more connected to the character, essentially allowing one to make CJ however you want. The list of things you can do outside the main missions is just to vast to get into. Getting to 100% is like 50 games in one lol

Loved it when it came out and still can't get enough of it today. Long live San Andreas!

pizzapizza

10/10. Gets more replays than V.

Jimmy

Gets a 6.5/10 from be TBH. My viewpoint hasn't changed about the game. The storyline still isn't the best part. It starts with a nice concept but gets too long and loses focus somewhat. Too many characters to comprehend IMO. There was no necessity to even introduce the LV Mafia families.

Map is my favourite part. It's detailed, large and fun to explore. Ao many Easter eggs and stuff.to find. Clearly the map was what made III & VC boring after completion of storyline. This wasn't the case with San Andreas.

Features were great, especially vehicle mods, weapon mechanics, side activities and races & schools. There were some which were absolutely unnecessary. Vehicle mods were barely required in-game and I/E list was too vast. I missed the rampages. Didn't bother finishing with the snaps and oysters for the first few times I completed the game. That's pretty much it.

Light Syde Riandy

9/10.

Had it not been for Inconsistent plots, CJ's characters, Horrible A.I.s, The final version of Ryder and Big Bear's characters, I wouldn't mind to rate this game 9.5 since making a flawless work is simply impossible no matter how hard one can try. 

Surprisingly this is the only game in existence that I wouldn't mind to redo 100% playthrough if I'm bored reloading some savegames just to play some missions not in chronological order or if I haven't touched GTA SA in almost 2 years. 

Beato_dim

10/10 or 9/10, depending on the day and mood. It is a masterpice without doubt, even if flawed. One of the biggest action-oriented sandboxes of that time (and, disegarding the outdated graphics, still). Yes, it's not as atmospheric as my personal favorite - Vice City, but bigger and better in almost every other aspect.

pizzapizza

I think it's unfair that some of you are rating SA based on what COULD have been, instead of the game itself. If you rate every game based on what COULD have been, then no game will ever get a 10 lol.

ThatKyloRenGuy

I rate it a 6/10! :) In my personal opinion, it’s not as good as IV, EFLC, VC, or III, but it’s still without a doubt, a legendary game that STILL holds up in 2019 just like the others I mentioned. It deserves a 15th anniversary celebration IMO, even if it isn’t quite as good as the others.

TheSantader25
14 minutes ago, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

I rate it a 6/10! :) In my personal opinion, it’s not as good as IV, EFLC, VC, or III, but it’s still without a doubt, a legendary game that STILL holds up in 2019 just like the others I mentioned. It deserves a 15th anniversary celebration IMO, even if it isn’t quite as good as the others.

I'm starting to think this is American Venom's second account. I can't remember the last time you had a different opinion in comparison to his. 😂

ThatKyloRenGuy
11 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I'm starting to think this is American Venom's second account. I can't remember the last time you had a different opinion in comparison to his. 😂

They don’t call me his mini me for nothing. ;) 

FearThoseWhoFearHim

7/10 I feel odd when I played some months ago and I don't have the interest to play again.

American Venom
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

He's a good mini me, but I need to train him to dislike Catalina like I do. 

ThatKyloRenGuy

@American Venom

Read my latest post within this thread:

I hope it makes you feel a little better. :)

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

Light Syde Riandy
On 2/8/2019 at 12:19 AM, pizzapizza said:

I think it's unfair that some of you are rating SA based on what COULD have been, instead of the game itself. If you rate every game based on what COULD have been, then no game will ever get a 10 lol.

Isn't giving suggestions allowed in reviews so that HOPEFULLY the sequels will be better, though? One needs no bugs, well written plots and characters, incredible replay value, balanced difficulty, and reasonable features rather than somewhat lacking from prequels nor jack of all trade - master of none for his game to be rated 10/10. Now try to name me one game that met those criteria and I'll let this comment slide.

Emmi

10 - the perfect GTA

Jack Lupino

9.5/10 

Only thing i can think on negative is its outdated graphics(thats why -0.5)otherwise this is the perfect gta in the entire series

TheSantader25
12 hours ago, Light Syde Riandy said:

Isn't giving suggestions allowed in reviews so that HOPEFULLY the sequels will be better, though? One needs no bugs, well written plots and characters, incredible replay value, balanced difficulty, and reasonable features rather than somewhat lacking from prequels nor jack of all trade - master of none for his game to be rated 10/10. Now try to name me one game that met those criteria and I'll let this comment slide.

SA genuinely feels like the game with the things you asked. Though it has its flaws:

Here's a list of the flaws. Probably the only GTA with so few flaws that I can actually write it in one post. Still though this is MY review based on my opinion:

-Ryder's character development and ending. 

-The scene in "High Noon" where Pulaski is suddenly escaping from CJ. Weird weak cutscene. 

-The interior system is a downgrade in comparison to VC. 

-sh*tty draw distance. Probably the worst in the series. You can literally see vehicles spawn in front of you sometimes. 

-Lazy border design for the gang territories. 

-Some of the weapons sound like sh*t. 

-Dating isn't developed well enough. 

-Some of the gym minigames are a chore. 

-CJ forgets fighting styles after learning a new one. 

-NPCs drive like maniacs in the highways. 

That's all the flaws I found in the game. Though I'm rating it based on a 2004 game. 

Edited by TheSantader25

xXPinguXx

A solid 8/10, despite the A.I, the horrible highway drivers, the fanbase and some of the characters including CJ.

It's a pretty awesome game in terms of gameplay, but the storyline? Not quite. You have car customization, stats, lots of side activities, which can take you almost 4 months to beat the game 100%. I know I've criticized SA a bit too much back then, but that doesn't mean I think it's a bad game. 

Lioshenka

Did someone say "rate GTA SA"?

0edx7rgzv3f11.png

Well, you know my opinion already - a strong 10. For a game that's nearly 15 years old it's holding up damn well. Story, graphics, map - all great. They may not be the best on their own, but a lot of modern games are pretty rubbish, despite their components being great.

I love GTA 3 too, but thinking realistically GTA SA has more potential in terms of the things you can do. Amazing way to kill time.