Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

DiEgOw_CrAzY

~Spoilers~ Side missions

Recommended Posts

DiEgOw_CrAzY

Ok, I've started a new game but this time I want to leave as many side missions as possible to John. Wich missions are Arthur's exclusives? Charlotte the widow and nun's only? There's more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obsi

I'm not sure, someone else probably will know - but it seems many of the missions need to be started during certain chapters or you lose the ability to do them later.  So you'd want to at least start each side mission as Arthur, so that they will be available for John to complete.  I have the guidebook, so I tried to make sure I got everything, but I still managed to miss 1 side quest that I'd not discovered, but it was a timed one - so after a point I couldn't even start it as Arthur because the opportunity had gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boozey St John
1 hour ago, Obsi said:

I'm not sure, someone else probably will know - but it seems many of the missions need to be started during certain chapters or you lose the ability to do them later.  So you'd want to at least start each side mission as Arthur, so that they will be available for John to complete.  I have the guidebook, so I tried to make sure I got everything, but I still managed to miss 1 side quest that I'd not discovered, but it was a timed one - so after a point I couldn't even start it as Arthur because the opportunity had gone.

Which one did you miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

I'm doing the same too... trying to avoid all WHITE MARKER missions (like the Gunslinger thread).  The widow in Chapter 6 is definitely one only for Arthur.  It's weird ones like the Circus Lion Keeper thread I want to know if John can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

The circus people one in van horn for sure can be started as john

 

boxing with bertram john got his ass kicked :lol:

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obsi
7 hours ago, Boozey St James said:

Which one did you miss?

Actually it was 2 - The  Appleseed timber co and Castor's Ridge.  Not side missions as such I suppose, but people to help.

I'd not wanted to be spoiled (or know anything about the missions), so I had my husband checking in the book to make sure I wouldn't be missing anything going into the next chapters, but we missed those because they are listed later in the book as "event areas" not with the stranger missions and other sections.  I'm pretty sure I was in chapter 6 when we noticed I'd not done them, and they weren't available to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boozey St John
5 hours ago, Obsi said:

Actually it was 2 - The  Appleseed timber co and Castor's Ridge.  Not side missions as such I suppose, but people to help.

I'd not wanted to be spoiled (or know anything about the missions), so I had my husband checking in the book to make sure I wouldn't be missing anything going into the next chapters, but we missed those because they are listed later in the book as "event areas" not with the stranger missions and other sections.  I'm pretty sure I was in chapter 6 when we noticed I'd not done them, and they weren't available to do.

Definitely understand what you mean about the Appleseed Timber Co, I found it on my second playthrough. As well as the father and sons building their houses. 

 

There's so much in the game that you have to play through again to find other things you may have missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feckyerlife
17 hours ago, Obsi said:

I'm not sure, someone else probably will know - but it seems many of the missions need to be started during certain chapters or you lose the ability to do them later.  So you'd want to at least start each side mission as Arthur, so that they will be available for John to complete.  I have the guidebook, so I tried to make sure I got everything, but I still managed to miss 1 side quest that I'd not discovered, but it was a timed one - so after a point I couldn't even start it as Arthur because the opportunity had gone.

I was confused on this, but i believe this is correct. the Mission has to be  at least started by Arthur. I remember when i was in chapter 6 i had a few side missions po pup, then after/during the epilogue they were gone.  Also its kinda weird to finish some of them with John. you basically finishing them what 8 years after the fact. 

Edited by feckyerlife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

Yeah, the Appleseed Timber, Railroading, and Valentine House Building can only be experienced as Arthur.  The first Bounty (the tonic salesman that shows up in the previous RDR) can only be done by Arthur.  I'm avoiding all White markers to see what happens.  So far, treasure map guy, dino bones lady, gunslinger writer, card collector, and photographer.

 

I'm curious about the ambient moments.  I've also been avoiding MacFarlane's dead husband on the shoreline (which has popped up in two different locations).  I avoided the woman pinned down by a horse, however that gained me a negative honor point for simply running past her (during the cinematic auto-drive moment)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obsi
3 hours ago, alz said:

Yeah, the Appleseed Timber, Railroading, and Valentine House Building can only be experienced as Arthur.  The first Bounty (the tonic salesman that shows up in the previous RDR) can only be done by Arthur.  I'm avoiding all White markers to see what happens.  So far, treasure map guy, dino bones lady, gunslinger writer, card collector, and photographer.

 

I'm curious about the ambient moments.  I've also been avoiding MacFarlane's dead husband on the shoreline (which has popped up in two different locations).  I avoided the woman pinned down by a horse, however that gained me a negative honor point for simply running past her (during the cinematic auto-drive moment)

The snake oil bounty guy is Benedict Allbright - the snake oil guy in RDR was Nigel West Dickens (that name is burned into my brain lol).... so it's not the same guy unfortunately (not only different name, but they don't look or sound enough alike for him to have changed his name)  - I think that was a missed opportunity actually, I was sure it would be him when I did that mission and was disappointed it wasn't.  I know other people sell snake oil, but it would have been a nice touch I think to have included him.

 

It will be interesting to see if you can get those collectable missions as John if you've never started them as Arthur.

I couldn't leave Bonnie's husband, I even carried his body to Valentine and dropped him off at the cemetery so he could get a nice burial and not eaten by animals :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapasHota

Can the butchers creek side mission be started with Marston?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z
2 hours ago, Obsi said:

The snake oil bounty guy is Benedict Allbright - the snake oil guy in RDR was Nigel West Dickens (that name is burned into my brain lol).... so it's not the same guy unfortunately (not only different name, but they don't look or sound enough alike for him to have changed his name)  - I think that was a missed opportunity actually, I was sure it would be him when I did that mission and was disappointed it wasn't.  I know other people sell snake oil, but it would have been a nice touch I think to have included him.

 

It will be interesting to see if you can get those collectable missions as John if you've never started them as Arthur.

I couldn't leave Bonnie's husband, I even carried his body to Valentine and dropped him off at the cemetery so he could get a nice burial and not eaten by animals 😛

AH!  That's why it felt slightly confusing.  Wrong guy, yet similar M.O.   With that the case, then yeah... total missed opportunity!  I knoew Benedict's bounty disappears after awhile whereas the other ones in theory stick around for John.  Strange now that I can't figure out why Benedict is block from John betting him.

 

Yeah, I'm probably going to hard nose try it and see if all collectible mission intros are do-able by John.  Hmm... that's at least a 10+ hr experiment to get jump through Arthur missions...  I'll check to make sure each person is still available when a new chapter starts.

 

I so wish there was more to do with MacFarlane anything!  It was such a cornerstone to the previous RDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RJX74
On 1/29/2019 at 8:23 AM, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

Ok, I've started a new game but this time I want to leave as many side missions as possible to John. Wich missions are Arthur's exclusives? Charlotte the widow and nun's only? There's more?

The widow isn't Arthur exclusive. You can start it as John.

 

https://youtu.be/DIWAXzAUIQo?t=80

 

You can't do the electric chair side quest as John for some reason.

 

I can't seem to get the Nightfolk quest to trigger in the epilogue.

 

Also I can't vouch for this one, but I think the slaver quest is Arthur exclusive. I can't find any video of John doing it.

Edited by RJX74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

Wow!  That's great to see the widow thread isn't exclusive.  Her along with Hamish the Veteran were some of the better character moment series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.