4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

R* Decisions You Couldn't Understand

TheSantader25

That would make sense. On that same token, I think this might have happened with Metallica on V-Rock. Just because V-Rock has three members of Thrash's Big 4: Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax, which makes the fourth and biggest one of them being excluded look so jarring. I would bet they tried to get a Metallica song in (I'm gonna guess "Master of Puppets"), but couldn't for whatever reason.

• Like 3

The mission "Catalyst" in San Andreas appears to have had its texts written by someone completely different from the other missions. It's the only time Ryder's Picador is referred to as a truck rather than a car (though that's accurate enough, I suppose), the Pay' n Spray is written completely in lowercase when you're told to go there, and the S in Grove Street is left uncapitalized at the end too.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Soz 4 double post an' sh*t.

LCS: It annoyed me how only 1 out of 4 missions for incarcerated Salvatore involved a bit of subtlety with the lawyer costume, and after Rough Justice, in its place was just... Salvatore and Toni shouting at each other through a window. As if nobody else would f*cking hear it. It's so unrealistic it's frustrating. :p

VCS: Remember how that Ocean Drive alley, featured in multiple missions and the PCJ side mission, flowed really well in VC? Well, in this game, I guess it wasn't a priority, but either way it no longer has said flow, probably as a result of some buildings being changed around, so it turns into a shell of its former - uh, future self.

I'm pretty sure I was meant to have more, but of course my memory has critically failed me.

• Like 3
Staunton Assassin
On 2/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, Carbonox said:

The mission "Catalyst" in San Andreas appears to have had its texts written by someone completely different from the other missions. It's the only time Ryder's Picador is referred to as a truck rather than a car (though that's accurate enough, I suppose), the Pay' n Spray is written completely in lowercase when you're told to go there, and the S in Grove Street is left uncapitalized at the end too.

Ryder was originally supposed to drive a Sadler instead of a Picador in the BETA. Maybe that's why it's called 'Ryder's Truck'?

And here's something I just realized recently: If a ferry ride costs $25 in LCS, then why Claude and Toni don't have to pay any money to ride in the L-Train or the subway train? They're mass transit too, y'know...

Oh, and another thing: Why can only Claude/Toni use the trains? What about the pedestrians?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently played Max Payne 3 and flow of game was horrible.

This game act like movie, you go to location, shoot five or ten enemies and you get animation. Locations shut doors and you are doing same thing all game. A was bored so lot by this design.

RDR2 100% is mess, I like to do 100% in all R* games, but these goals are utter crap and you get nothing for completion. It feels like punishment at the end...

Another RDR2- They put ingame so many creepy locations and easter eggs, so at the end I feel like Im playing horror games, these games I hated. I appreciate effort in this, but enough is enough...

15 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

I recently played Max Payne 3 and flow of game was horrible.

This game act like movie, you go to location, shoot five or ten enemies and you get animation. Locations shut doors and you are doing same thing all game. A was bored so lot by this design.

To be honest, it works with some games, and it does work with Max Payne series.

However, in my opinion, Rockstar wrecked this franchise by having this game set in Brazil. They've completely ruined what made this series so good. 

Let's be honest here, New York City was indispensable part of the franchise! What were they thinking?

15 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

RDR2 100% is mess, I like to do 100% in all R* games, but these goals are utter crap and you get nothing for completion. It feels like punishment at the end...

In my opinion most 100% tasks in almost any game is a punishment. The most boring tasks possible.

Edited by Americana
39 minutes ago, Americana said:

However, in my opinion, Rockstar wrecked this franchise by having this game set in Brazil. They've completely ruined what made this series so good. 

Let's be honest here, New York City was indispensable part of the franchise! What were they thinking?

In my opinion most 100% tasks in almost any game is a punishment. The most boring tasks possible.

It's debatable whether Max Payne 3 can be considered canon. As it stands it wasn't written by Sam Lake anymore iirc and Max doesn't feel like the classic Max Payne - the poetical side is gone and all there is is dry humor. Good game and I loved the levels in New York, but I don't like how it didn't focus on Max anymore, it was too far away from him, the focus was on Brazil. Anyway, people who ask for Max Payne 4 are cringy af

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1
billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Americana said:

I think the exception to this among Rockstar games is RDR1. Everything you do for 100% is stuff you naturally do and want to do during gameplay anyway, nothing takes an excessive amount of time or repetition or is excessively difficult, there's cool and useful rewards, and there's no bs where you have to google stuff or use guides or can lose track of your progress, you can realistically find everything by yourself (since collectibles either are scattered around and easy to find on the map rather than each one being in a set location, or have clues to find them) and you can track everything. Maybe Bully as well (it does have some collectibles you'd likely need to consult a guide for to get them all, but it's nothing on the level of GTA collectibles).

When I start a new game I look forward to doing the 100% tasks in RDR1 as much as doing the main missions, more so in some cases. GTA should take a leaf out of that book.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Americana said:

I never played Max Payne, MP3 is my first game.

Story is somewhat OK for me, but is sometimes very dark... Its like watching TV show that is dark and gritty and you get bored from it.

I don't know about Brasil, from that game I get vibes of hellhole of Earth . Nothing positive at all.

Maybe Im alone, but MP3 reminds me a lot Kane and Lynch 2, which is better experience in terms of gameplay.

6 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Maybe Im alone, but MP3 reminds me a lot Kane and Lynch 2, which is better experience in terms of gameplay.

Hold up, did you just say KNL2 has better gameplay?

9 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Hold up, did you just say KNL2 has better gameplay?

So what?

I had lots of fun playing it in 2011.

I cannot say same thing about MP3.

Staunton Assassin

From what I've seen of MP3 on YouTube, I kinda like the way it throws the player directly into the gameplay without any transitions. For example, you're watching this cutscene and then all of a sudden- boink, you're in gameplay. No cheesy fading stuff.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

From what I've seen of MP3 on YouTube, I kinda like the way it throws the player directly into the gameplay without any transitions. For example, you're watching this cutscene and then all of a sudden- boink, you're in gameplay. No cheesy fading stuff.

Trust me, its better to watch than play...

First few missions are pain, you shoot five goons and gets long cutscene after cutscene you shoot another five goons and go to next location, doors shut you get animation and game equip you with basic pistol and another five goons appear.Rinse and repeat almost till end...

If you do collectibles game flow is almost nonexistent. Because you must search location for clue or golden guns parts...If you search for hour nothing happen, but if you go to another room goons appear.

Staunton Assassin

In VC, even though Tommy changes clothes for free, then how come the Fashion Budget stat goes up without deducting the player's money? I decided to skim through the SCM code and make a little list of how each outfit increases the Fashion Budget stat when you collect it's pickup:

Street = $50

Soiree = $100

Coveralls = $80

Country Club = $40

Havana = $70

Cop = $90

Bank Job = $120

Casual = $120

Mr. Vercetti = $30

Tracksuit (Black) = $100

Tracksuit (Red) = $50

Frankie = $120

• Like 2

Mr. Vercetti being worth the least of them all seems quite funny to me.

Also the concept of Tommy giving away $50 for changing back to his default outfit in his own safehouses, now that I noticed that.

Edited by Carbonox
  • Like 2
bananaking13
On 1/29/2019 at 7:20 PM, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:
  • Turning all maps after GTA3 (except LCS and North Yankton) into islands

The writers at Rockstar had a pet peeve for invisible walls. I do too honestly, but the next GTA coming up with something new would definitely be cool

Staunton Assassin
On 3/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, Ondr4H said:

Trust me, its better to watch than play...

First few missions are pain, you shoot five goons and gets long cutscene after cutscene you shoot another five goons and go to next location, doors shut you get animation and game equip you with basic pistol and another five goons appear.Rinse and repeat almost till end...

If you do collectibles game flow is almost nonexistent. Because you must search location for clue or golden guns parts...If you search for hour nothing happen, but if you go to another room goons appear.

I saw a script mod for Max Payne 3 that allows you to skip most cutscenes. Maybe you could try that.

Anyway, here's another thing: In VC, we can pass "No Escape?" before "Cop Land", apparently, and get the Cop outfit from that mission. BUT, it won't be actually unlocked until you pass "Cop Land".

What is this, R*?

Well I started playing RDR2 and sadly as in GTA V, rockstars is overthinking some aspects and making games chores.

Some spawning points even for some easter eggs or strangers are constanly broken. For example, save and load fix this issues instantly . I never experienced in other games this mess, but this bug in newer rockstar games is present on daily basis. So runing wild to some scenarios are pure luck for first time.

Collectibles without any hint on map... I saw in other games really clever solution that makes this fun, but rockstar? Since 2001 they insist on collectibles that you found wild, I was somewhat ok with it in 3D era games but now? Off course there is always solution to purchase game manuals.  And thats the true reason why they put this boring nonsense over and over again.

As I said about RDR2, its amazing game in the end. But they overhaul it with RPG elements, so in the end Im thinking this game will be better as RPG not this butchered rpg version with elements that can be easily fooled . Or give player choice to turn them off...
Also I play games for fun, but some realism design in this game are not fun at all. Its amazing for fifth time, and after while you want them to be skipped.

And also that amount of collectibles are chores, for example animal. Few stages of animal studying and there are about 200 animals, some with really broken spawns and compedium is total about 500 collectibles. And they even put archievements for collecting them all...

So In the end, they are still making some game aspects really obsolete by modern standards but they also makes missions easier and easier like for toddlers in mind. 

• Like 1