3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

•—•

Which horses 🐴 should I buy next?

Chrismads

The arabian honestly shouldn't be your race horse. Its what.. 2 bars slower than the race horses Thoroughbred and Fox trotter. 

I reckon thats gonna make a big difference if they ever sort out the horse speed. Acceleration doesn't do much other than the first 3 seconds of a race

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

The arabian honestly shouldn't be your race horse. Its what.. 2 bars slower than the race horses Thoroughbred and Fox trotter. 

I reckon thats gonna make a big difference if they ever sort out the horse speed. Acceleration doesn't do much other than the first 3 seconds of a race

It‘s 1 not 2 bars more. 

The biggest influence acceleration has is on the turning speed. It basically doesn‘t slow down when taking turns compared to the turkoman, which I also own.

Edited by rusbeckia

Mad-Monkey_1st
21 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Its acceleration makes a difference on tight twisty courses and its only 1 bar less speed which equates to about 1 mph if that, So short twisty courses use Arabian, and courses with long strats or full flat out sections use either a race horse or Trotter 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

We Are Ninja

Ardennes looks like a rhino. Uou can charge the gates of Hell and slay cougar/bear demons with it.

Edited by We Are Ninja

rusbeckia
10 hours ago, We Are Ninja said:

Ardennes looks like a rhino. Uou can charge the gates of Hell and slay cougar/bear demons with it.

yesterday I rode a Shire of some rando and after my arabian it felt like a dinosaur hahaha

fryday

can someone recommend me the best horse for me, my main criterias are:

get quick from A to B in free mode, so I would need speed and stamina, I think. 

Chrismads
2 minutes ago, fryday said:

Missouri Fox Trotter no doubt

fryday

thanks! any alternatives or is this definitly the way to go for me? 

Chrismads
Just now, fryday said:

Some ppl would probably suggest the arabian. Don't listen to them lol.

The thoroughbred is good, but lacks stamina, the turkoman is a beast but has less speed. I switch between those 3

•—•
58 minutes ago, fryday said:

32 minutes ago, fryday said:

Colour/Name Breed Unlock Rank Price Type Health Stamina Speed Acceleration
Dark Bay Turkoman 56 $925 Multi 70 50 60 50
Silver Dapple Pinto Missouri Fox Trotter 58 $950 Multi 50 60 70 50
Amber Champagne Missouri Fox Trotter 58 $950 Multi 50 60 70 50
Gold Turkoman 60 $950 Multi 70 50 60 50
Silver Turkoman 60 38 Gold Bars Multi 70 50 60 50
White Arabian 66 $850 Superior 50 50 60 60
Black Arabian 70 42 Gold Bars

Black Arabian is supposed to have 60 Health, 60 Stamina, 60 Speed, 60 Acceleration.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Red_Dead_Online_Horses

So what do you think? There's barely much difference between the Turkoman, Fox Trotter and Arabians.

If you wanted to go from A to B and it involved going through swamps or something, it'll probably be easier on Turkoman because of its temperament around predators and gunshots.

Black and White Arabians have highest acceleration to get top speed quickest. It could be useful if you made frequent stops because of the terrain or slowed down.

Fox Trotters seem better if you're gonna go long distance at top speed without stopping or slowing down.

But it really doesn't matter. Just one of these three breeds.

As long as you have Beaver Roping, Panther or Rattlesnake Vaquero Special Saddle, you could travel nearly forever by praising / calming horse every 10 to 15 seconds. So the horse stamina may not matter much.

Edited by Ektope

Chrismads
29 minutes ago, Ektope said:

As long as you have Beaver Roping, Panther or Rattlesnake Vaquero Special Saddle, you could travel nearly forever by praising / calming horse every 10 to 15 seconds. So the horse stamina may not matter much.          

Same with other saddles with the best stirrups.

Edit wtf happend here

Edited by Chrismads

fryday

thanks for the tips! since its rank locked, I have to wait and grind. im around 45

rusbeckia
2 hours ago, Ektope said:

Colour/Name Breed Unlock Rank Price Type Health Stamina Speed Acceleration
Dark Bay Turkoman 56 $925 Multi 70 50 60 50
Silver Dapple Pinto Missouri Fox Trotter 58 $950 Multi 50 60 70 50
Amber Champagne Missouri Fox Trotter 58 $950 Multi 50 60 70 50
Gold Turkoman 60 $950 Multi 70 50 60 50
Silver Turkoman 60 38 Gold Bars Multi 70 50 60 50
White Arabian 66 $850 Superior 50 50 60 60
Black Arabian 70 42 Gold Bars

Black Arabian is supposed to have 60 Health, 60 Stamina, 60 Speed, 60 Acceleration.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Red_Dead_Online_Horses

So what do you think? There's barely much difference between the Turkoman, Fox Trotter and Arabians.

If you wanted to go from A to B and it involved going through swamps or something, it'll probably be easier on Turkoman because of its temperament around predators and gunshots.

Black and White Arabians have highest acceleration to get top speed quickest. It could be useful if you made frequent stops because of the terrain or slowed down.

Fox Trotters seem better if you're gonna go long distance at top speed without stopping or slowing down.

But it really doesn't matter. Just one of these three breeds.

Honestly my black arabian is calmer in the swamps than the turkoman. 

R* doesn‘t tag it as war horse just for fun. 

If you don‘t care about spending gold just go for whatever appeals you most. The difference is not that big as people try to suggest. 

If you don‘t want to spend gold the foxtrotter is probably the best choice.

Edited by rusbeckia

Chrismads
10 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Honestly my black arabian is calmer in the swamps than the turkoman. 

R* doesn‘t tag it as war horse just for fun. 

If you don‘t care about spending gold just go for whatever appeals you most. The difference is not that big as people try to suggest. 

If you don‘t want to spend gold the foxtrotter is probably the best choice.

I can only speak for sp, and in sp the arabian certainly isn't half as calm as the turk in the swamps or anywhere else.

Unless R* screwed the horses up online, I'd say you just don't wanna admit that the gold you spend on the arab is completely wasted. Well not completely wasted. The arab is the best at getting from A to B... if there's 5 meters from A to B.

Also i'm 90% sure that black and white arab has the exact same temper.

Edited by Chrismads

rusbeckia
9 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I can only speak for sp, and in sp the arabian certainly isn't half as calm as the turk in the swamps or anywhere else.

Unless R* screwed the horses up online, I'd say you just don't wanna admit that the gold you spend on the arab is completely wasted. Well not completely wasted. The arab is the best at getting from A to B... if there's 5 meters from A to B.

Also i'm 90% sure that black and white arab has the exact same temper.

it's funny cause my friend on the MFT gets ditched way more often when roaming the bayou, which suggests it's not about the horse, but about how you ride it. stomping on alligators , swimming through gator infested waters, trampling snakes (idk who came up with that crap, that it bucks you off everytime).. no problem here, if you know how to keep your horses momentum.  Just yesterday I got attacked by a grizzly and two wolves and I killed them no problem without my horse getting itchy. you just must not ride it into the corner, then it will never buck you off. And I'm almost certain that a MFT (or turkoman, which I know from experience) will buck you off too, if you don't ride according to the situation.
 Also, until now I could catch up to EVERYONE - even players using the MFT. Who even rides for such long distances without making a stop (for the occasional hunt, or whatever) that it could play out it's theoretical advantage? And even if, there's like few seconds difference when you ride from armadillo to blackwater. you can easily catch up in corners or backcountry with the arabians as long as you don't ride a straight line forever. 

" you just don't wanna admit that the gold you spend on the arab is completely wasted"

lol nope. tbh with you, I haven't bought one item in this game that delights me more than the arabian. I just like the way it looks, behaves and acts as a companion. It's my go-to horse for every situation, since the last 30 lvls or so and never had a problem with it, which wasn't caused by me. (riding into a wall or tree, because I got distracted and enjoyed the view while galloping haha). Sometimes my turkoman, as second horse, get's called when a douche kills my arabian, and I think it doesn't handle that well in critical situations, because it can't build up momentum that fast.Maybe that's also just because I'm not used to it anymore and can handle the arabian better. 

For me horses are not just about what is the best stats-wise, but with which one I can relate to the most. it suits my character more than any other horse.
Also... basically all of this time invested in a videogame is COMPLETELY WASTED.... so much for gold wasted. What would I even do with it, lol. there's nothing to spend it on anyway. If it makes you happy to buy something, do it. That's also the reason why I'm gonna buy the white arabian too when I get bored enough, because I LIKE IT and idk if the MFT might be calmer in certain situations or whatever.

Because I dont have the white arabian in online (yet), I didn't recommend it. But you're probably right assuming that it has the same temperament. 

Let's keep it with that. I don't want to argue this topic anymore or turn this thread into just another breed-war thread. Let's just agree that everyone has different preferences and it might also very well be, that not every horse fits every playstyle. 

Just wanted to add that i respect everyone‘s choices and by far am not someone who thinks the arabian is the best cause it‘s superior or whatever. As said I‘m not s friend of breed-wars. Spread the love to your horses ❤️

Edited by rusbeckia

johnpolo

I bought a Nokota dapple last night and pretty pleased with it. Not sure how much they transfer from sp to online if you wanted to test certain horses. I rode my friends Nokota and that sold me.

SumSkittles
13 hours ago, johnpolo said:

I bought a Nokota dapple last night and pretty pleased with it. Not sure how much they transfer from sp to online if you wanted to test certain horses. I rode my friends Nokota and that sold me.

The Nokota Reverse Dapple Roan and Brindle Thoroughbred are the twin race horses of that category, MFT levels of speed and accelertation. Just half as much health and stamina, but I love them both for their unique coat colors more than stats. Also only 18 gold!

The only thing i'm questioning as im almost high enough level to buy them both is do I want the short horse(Nokota) or the tall horse(Thoroughbred).

•—•
2 minutes ago, SumSkittles said:

The Nokota Reverse Dapple Roan and Brindle Thoroughbred are the twin race horses of that category, MFT levels of speed and accelertation. Just half as much health and stamina, but I love them both for their unique coat colors more than stats. Also only 18 gold!

The only thing i'm questioning as im almost high enough level to buy them both is do I want the short horse(Nokota) or the tall horse(Thoroughbred).

Get 'em both for collection?

SumSkittles
Just now, Ektope said:

Get 'em both for collection?

only 24 gold bars to my name. 😥

•—•
12 minutes ago, SumSkittles said:

only 24 gold bars to my name. 😥

If your character is female, the smaller horse (Nokota) might look better with the smaller character model. It's the reason why my female character looks perfectly proportional on Arabian.

When I have the female character on a bigger horse like Turkoman or Andalusian, it looks a bit weird when the character bounces on the saddle. And some people might think their male character could be too big on smaller horses. So if your character was a male, then maybe the Brindle Thoroughbred.

Both these horses seem to be 18.00 gold so it totals 36.00 for both. And they both have same stats according to the horse link earlier in thread. If you did a lot of showdown, you should get like 0.08 gold bars every 10 minutes. 36.00 gold bars isn't really that much compared to how much I have now. I have like over 220.00+ gold, nothing to spend. You can afford later if wanted to.

Edited by Ektope

rusbeckia
5 hours ago, Ektope said:

If your character is female, the smaller horse (Nokota) might look better with the smaller character model. It's the reason why my female character looks perfectly proportional on Arabian.

When I have the female character on a bigger horse like Turkoman or Andalusian, it looks a bit weird when the character bounces on the saddle. And some people might think their male character could be too big on smaller horses. So if your character was a male, then maybe the Brindle Thoroughbred.

Both these horses seem to be 18.00 gold so it totals 36.00 for both. And they both have same stats according to the horse link earlier in thread. If you did a lot of showdown, you should get like 0.08 gold bars every 10 minutes. 36.00 gold bars isn't really that much compared to how much I have now. I have like over 220.00+ gold, nothing to spend. You can afford later if wanted to.

while I agree with you, I have to add that it still takes a while for 18 gold... 0.96 Gold in 2hours when you grind showdown constantly. 36hours only showdown to get 18gold....
I'd rather do stranger missions and wait till 30 seconds left (±0.16 gold in 15min) or story mission and take 20 min all in all (±0.32 gold in 20 min), if I want to grind for gold. In showdown you always get the 0.08.
 In story missions you can do A LOT of money on the side going hunting when you pick the right one. Highly Immoral [blabla dont know the full name] starts in van horn. You can go to saint denis butcher via bayou get 50-70$ in 10 minutes (there are no predators, so birds and muskrats(!) are more likely to spawn), also don’t forget to get a perfect buck in the woods north of the bayou, there are always spawning some, and another easy 30-60$ on the way back up (there are always at least 2 species of birds spawning in a flock on the way back up. Like if the game says "please hunt the birds, don't follow your task' lol). Then you play the mission regularly, which will earn you 50$+ when you take 20min. All added up you get about 130-180$ depending on how efficient you hunt, 0.32 Gold and 800-1000XP in 20-25 minutes. 
This would half the time needed for that amount of gold compared to showdown, plus you get loads of XP for playing in a solo session.

Edited by rusbeckia

rae_97
23 hours ago, Ektope said:

Personally, I think my female character looks a mite large on my Andalusian, and comically large on the Arab and Mustang. Maybe it's the body type I chose (athletic build, I believe).

•—•
1 minute ago, rae_97 said:

Personally, I think my female character looks a mite large on my Andalusian, and comically large on the Arab and Mustang. Maybe it's the body type I chose (athletic build, I believe).

I have mine as skinny. But athletic to average might look okay on small and medium horses. The average to brawny might suit larger horses.

rusbeckia
5 hours ago, Ektope said:

I have mine as skinny. But athletic to average might look okay on small and medium horses. The average to brawny might suit larger horses.

Nah I chose athletic and my character is pretty small and the arabian perfectly proportionate.

•—•
17 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Nah I chose athletic and my character is pretty small and the arabian perfectly proportionate.

That's fine as well.

rusbeckia
19 minutes ago, Ektope said:

That's fine as well.

But I‘d be really interested if the different body types influences your characters size, or if women are just smaller in this game.

actually is there even a noticable size difference in different characters? Now that I think about it never did catch my eye. Difference might be minimal!

Edited by rusbeckia

•—•
22 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

But I‘d be really interested if the different body types influences your characters size, or if women are just smaller in this game.

The female characters are just shorter than males.

Edited by Ektope

rusbeckia
3 hours ago, Ektope said:

The female characters are just shorter than males.

R* logic. They should just let us choose the size of our characters. 

I‘ve no problem with my characters size cause it‘s pretty average. ....but really? Not a single woman that‘s bigger than any man? 

r* stereotyping at their best lol