1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hugh750

what was the funniest thing you did by mistake in rdr 2?

hugh750

early this morning i played some rdr 2 and i went back to shady belle after a few in game days (as arthur) and it was late at night.

the game wouldn't let me use my lantern (it wouldn't light up).

after searching around i found the stairs and i was looking for arthur's room (i eventually found it) but before i did i went into john marston's room (by mistake) and after waking up john and his wife and basically telling john he snores!ūü§£

john throws arthur out of his room and his wife says something along the line of "mr morgan"!ūü§£

American Venom

Taking a selfie and my horse walking in front of the camera just as it's taking a sh*t.

Rafae S

Punched my horse lmfao 

Ryancoke66

I was standing next to a passing train, waiting to get by and I decided to give my horse a pat to boost it's bonding level. Once I did that, he moved his head to the side excitedly and gets clipped by the caboose of the train. Instant knock out lmao Arthur stayed on the horse as it struggled to stay on its feet for a second but it eventually fell to the ground and needed to be revived. I had tears in my eyes from laughing, I couldn't beleive that happened.

Lonely-Martin

Cool thread. :)

Does 'played RDRO' count, lol.

Na¬†seriously though, the first time I slipped and pressed the punch button near my horse and she kicked me back sending me flying into the dirt was a real laugh out loud moment, a great little detail here. That had me and my son giggling for a little while and we just had to go again, and again. ūü§£ūü§†

Ryancoke66
3 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Na¬†seriously though, the first time I slipped and pressed the punch button near my horse and she kicked me back sending me flying into the dirt was a real laugh out loud moment, a great little detail here. That had me and my son giggling for a little while and we just had to go again, and again. ūü§£ūü§†

Or when you're in the wild lining up that perfect shot and a buck comes up behind and rams you LOL first time that happened to me I was shocked. 

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Ryancoke66 said:

Or when you're in the wild lining up that perfect shot and a buck comes up behind and rams you LOL first time that happened to me I was shocked. 

That reminds me!

I was in among the swamp treading carefully and really sucked in to that awesome atmosphere, I just lined up my shot to kill an alligator and from behind me a goat just ran into me from behind. Scared the piss out of me, lol. That was hilarious!

This game really does have a wonderfully absorbing atmosphere to it. 

Cutter De Blanc

Pretty much any time I blunder into an alligator because I wasn't paying attention.

Oops!

I have been eaten by gators a shameful number of times :(

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

UncleTacitus

I was riding pretty hastily towards Valentine and somehow ended up crashing against the train platform. Poor Arthur was thrown from the saddle and crashed straight through the window and into the mail/ticket office. Then the clerk started verbally harassing me, telling me to get out etc. I got annoyed and shot the poor fellow. My horse was dead from the crash and I had the Sheriff on me, so no time revive the horse, I just had to start running... and fast!

The whole ordeal was pretty hilarious.

Ryan5252

Walking peacefully through Valentine and accidentally very lightly grazing the R2 button with my finger. Innocent NPC head explodes and I start WWI. 

On a similar note, trying to just surrender to lawmen always ends in spilt blood. 

2 hours ago, UncleTacitus said:

Poor Arthur was thrown from the saddle and crashed straight through the window and into the mail/ticket office. Then the clerk started verbally harassing me, telling me to get out etc

Lmao what a cold hearted bastard. I'd have shot him too. 

Edited by Ryan5252

Jutland

Picture this: I am only a few days‚Äô play into the game, and have just started chapter 2. Arthur rides out into the countryside. Some NPCs ride by but I can‚Äôt remember what the ‚Äėspeak to someone‚Äô control is, so I ignore¬†them. I ride down to the river where there‚Äôs the huge railway bridge. I am amazed by the scale of the bridge. I see a guy on a little island.

OK, I think, time to learn how to speak. I ride up to the guy, get off my horse and approach him. He is a gold hunter or something. I am standing face to face with him, just inches away.

Which control is ‚Äėspeak to someone‚Äô again? Is it R2? I think it is R2.

I press R2, and suddenly blood explodes from his chest and he flies back onto the ground

MarlboroMan1995

when I first played the game release night and I’m walking down main in valentine while taking in the new master piece and beautiful graphics I had waited so long for and then suddenly I get kicked by a horse and my reaction is

Oh.......My.......God.......DO IT AGAIN!

TheSantader25
On 1/27/2019 at 3:52 AM, American Venom said:

Taking a selfie and my horse walking in front of the camera just as it's taking a sh*t.

This happened to me a bit differently. I was talking to the veteran in Valentine and suddenly my horse comes in between us taking a sh*t. The best part was how the veteran was still talking while all of this was happening. 

CryptReaperDorian

On Chapter 3, I like to find ways to cause trouble in Rhodes when I'm not supposed to. One thing I did was crash my horse into a parked horse. After I did that, two Grays randomly ran over and started curb-stomping the other horse that was laying on the ground (still alive). While they were stomping the horse, I teabagged it for a little bit before deciding to walk in front of one of the Grays to make them hit me. This allowed me to hit the Gray back within a no-combat zone, and then he, along with half the town, pulled their guns on me. Eventually, I disarmed everybody and knocked them out. (Perhaps a few even turned against and shot each other, which happens frequently in Rhodes.)

Shortly after, I brought a corpse to the saloon in Rhodes, and I threw it onto the poker table. Everybody got up from the table, floated a bit up into the air, and then sat back down in mid-air. They did this a few times until they glitched into the ceiling.

Gray-Hand

You know how if you hang around in Dutch or John’s tent/room they get pissed off and kick you out?  

Well I had that interaction with Jon play out simultaneously when I went to give Jack that penny dreadful novel that he asks for.

I found Jack in the Marston room in Shady Belle:

Arthur:  Here you go Jack (gives book).

John:  Arthur?

Jack:  Thank you Uncle Arthur!

Arthur:  Ahhh, that’s okay kid.

John:  ...what are you doing here Arthur?

Jack:  Here Uncle Arthur! (Gives chocolate bar) I found it in the camp!

Arthur: Awwh, thanks Jack.

John:  You’re being weird!  (manhandles Arthur our of the room) GET OUT!

Boozey St James

I was at the saloon in Valentine casually having a shot of whiskey and talking to a NPC. 

John took his shot of whiskey, apparently I didn't see it, so when I pressed R2-- pulled out his revolver and shot the NPC point blank.

Whoops. 

SouthLand

- I walk into the store in Tumbleweed. 

- I go to browse the catalog to purchase stuff and i accidentally aim my pistol at the lady from the store

- To make things worse, there was a deputy walking close to the window of the store and saw me, earning myself a wanted man status.

- I got pissed off... Really? FFS man! Now i am going to have to kill the whole town.

yeezy203

Went on a quest to find the elusive Tiger Striped Bay mustang. I roamed for about 30 minutes and didn't see it so I set up camp for a day. Finally see it then I go to lasso and missed. So then it runs and I'm chasing it I swear the rare horses are a little more slippery than the others. I lose it few a few seconds but then put on eagle eye and follow the trail. I'm getting nervous because I lost out on the horse you can win in a race this way. I have my horse sprinting on the trail, I run into some bushes then boom, I hit the mustang head on it was just standing there. The collision was so bad it took a lot of my health, but it knocked it down so it couldn't run. I guess it also hurt it because I was able to mount and tame it pretty easily after that, but it was hilarious.

DrDetroit

Finally find the white Arabian horse in North Grizzly after a few hours of looking.  Ride her to a close by very high ridge so I can take a sweet screen looking over the entire map on my beautiful new horse. 

So I take the screen shot, and when I enter back to game world, my horse jumps off the cliff, we bith die, cause the screenshot button is same as jump button.

Edited by DrDetroit

Ingrobny

I said hello to a man standing close to my horse and when I pressed triangle for mount my horse, ¬†I ended up grabbing the NPC I just said hello to and I tried to press circle for letting him go but I punched¬†him in the face instead (square button¬†is for dismiss, not the circle button¬†ūüėā ), my reaction was exactly like this¬†ūü§£, it happend outside the resturant in Saint Denis, so all hell broke loose ūüė¨¬†ūüėā, so I had to reload a save .

Edited by Ingrobny

hugh750
6 hours ago, SouthLand said:

- I walk into the store in Tumbleweed. 

- I go to browse the catalog to purchase stuff and i accidentally aim my pistol at the lady from the store

- To make things worse, there was a deputy walking close to the window of the store and saw me, earning myself a wanted man status.

- I got pissed off... Really? FFS man! Now i am going to have to kill the whole town.

i became wanted while i was in (i think) strawberry after i got the game last december and i came out of the general store and i tried to get on my horse except i grabbed a npc and slammed him to the ground.

8 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

You know how if you hang around in Dutch or John’s tent/room they get pissed off and kick you out?  

Well I had that interaction with Jon play out simultaneously when I went to give Jack that penny dreadful novel that he asks for.

I found Jack in the Marston room in Shady Belle:

Arthur:  Here you go Jack (gives book).

John:  Arthur?

Jack:  Thank you Uncle Arthur!

Arthur:  Ahhh, that’s okay kid.

John:  ...what are you doing here Arthur?

Jack:  Here Uncle Arthur! (Gives chocolate bar) I found it in the camp!

Arthur: Awwh, thanks Jack.

John:  You’re being weird!  (manhandles Arthur our of the room) GET OUT!

i had one time while i was i think chapter 1 or 2 and i had arthur go into dutch's tent and dutch got pissed and tossed arthur out!ūü§£

Gray-Hand

in Chapter 3 when Arthur and Lenny Raif Shady Belle and steal a wagon full of explosives, the game takes over and plays a cut scene for the return journey back to camp.  Turns out, it’s not completely scripted.

On returning to camp, we ran straight over Cain the dog. He just went tumbling under the hooves and wheels.  I gave him a pat afterwards.

Edited by Gray-Hand

MarlboroMan1995

@Gray-Hand No Sh*t that happened to me too!! 

hugh750

today in rdr 2 i helped sadie fight off o driscos, after that i intended to go the emerald ranch to sell stuff (i ended up not going there).

i was on horse back and i tripped my horse.ūü§£

sorry horse

RyuNova

Posted it before but coming out of the Hotel in Valentine and tried to jump off the porch, got Arthur's foot caught on the hitching post and tripped. He falls face first into the wet mud and as he gets up some woman sat beside the door goes "Well...better luck next time" and I lost it. Proper belly laughs.

Arthur just made a f*cking fool of himself, is stood there covered in mud and horse sh*t and some woman just says that in a really bored and sarcastic voice.

Edited by RyuNova

Jutland

Last night I was in post-epilogs free roam, wandering around Annesburg. I had earlier rediscovered the pirate tricorn hat in my horse cargo, so I was wearing it. Lots of excellent NPC comment about how stupid I looked.

I wander onto the Annesburg station platform. Surprised to see Rains Fall sitting there. There’s a very sad and nostalgic conversation, it’s obviously supposed to be very moving. But my character is wearing a pirate hat!

HOONART

Got to Saint Denis a little too early and the Fence's shop was closed. Waited around greeting people to boost my honor rating. When the shop was almost open, went to greet these two guys again who had been out on the street all night, hit the wrong button and began strangling one of them. Didn't kill him but instant bounty.

Cutter De Blanc

Sheriff tells me to Move Along, so I'm cool, no problems, go to hop on the horse, instead I grab the Sheriff by the throat. Oh no! So I quickly, out of habit tap circle ( because circle is the universal cancel button) and start pummeling the sheriff in the face. Boy, I tell ya,  he didn't like that much

hugh750

last night while riding around in the countryside i rode up to a npc on horseback.

i tried to jump onto the npc's horse but i accidentally hit b instead of x and arthur whipped the npc in the face.

i ended up in a gun fight with the npc (i won).ūü§£

oops