1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (JAN 25, 2019)

4eyedcoupe
23 hours ago, ferguson99 said:

I received my 5 golds FREE last night.

8EetD5w.jpg

I got mine yesterday too.  The first thing that caught my eye was the wording of the alert: "Participating in Red Dead Online promotions".....Is that what they are calling it now?  Promotions?  That made me a little worried about character/money wipes.  

GENESIS-YKIY
2 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I got mine yesterday too.  The first thing that caught my eye was the wording of the alert: "Participating in Red Dead Online promotions".....Is that what they are calling it now?  Promotions?  That made me a little worried about character/money wipes.  

I dont feel so good about if this really comes true...

ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

That made me a little worried about character/money wipes.  

12 minutes ago, GENESIS-YKIY said:

I dont feel so good about if this really comes true...

R* would have to be completely out of their f*cking minds to commence with any kind of progress reset at this point, regardless of the "beta" tag.

Players would drop the game in significant numbers. 

4eyedcoupe
20 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

R* would have to be completely out of their f*cking minds to commence with any kind of progress reset at this point, regardless of the "beta" tag.

I'm with you...But I feel like R* has this mentality of "Eh, they'll get over it"...  "they" being the player base. 

I don't think they will do a wipe, but they never officially ruled it out. 

ALifeOfMisery
9 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I'm with you...But I feel like R* has this mentality of "Eh, they'll get over it"...  "they" being the player base. 

I don't think they will do a wipe, but they never officially ruled it out. 

I'm just one player, but I can guarantee R* I wouldn't just get over a character/progress reset, not in the way they would want anyway. Because I'd simply stop playing and move on.

I'm only level 49 and there's no way I'm starting again from scratch. 

happygrowls

There wouldn't be a reset as resetting your character would mean all gold items purchased are gone, meaning the microtransactions = nothing is simply just false advertisement which would result in so much backlash R* would have to re-imburse all gold

Boozey St John
On 1/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, DentureDynamite said:

I suspect the reason why RDR2 was as successful as it was is due to the fact that (as usual) a third-party entity wrote the script--and the game had to be designed to fit that story.

But(!) with RDO, and no Leslie Benzies this time to set direction and ask the tough questions from the player's standpoint, the fail is strong, and it's showing...

Wow,

Honestly, I had no idea Rockstar hired third party entities for their scripts, I really thought it was in house... Now I'm sad. 

Also, excellent point about Benzies not being there! That explains A LOT!

TLDR; TIL

4eyedcoupe
2 hours ago, happygrowls said:

There wouldn't be a reset as resetting your character would mean all gold items purchased are gone, meaning the microtransactions = nothing is simply just false advertisement which would result in so much backlash R* would have to re-imburse all gold

I wasn't there for the very beginning of GTAO, but I was told by friends who were that they wiped peoples accounts early, and people who had paid for shark cards just had the $ redeposited into thier GTAO bank accounts.  Somebody who was there, please correct me if I'm wrong or confirm.  But if they did do such a horrendous act in RDRO, I'd imagine that's what they would do.  I'd have to think since no major money or gold glitches are out, or made public, there won't be a need.

I'm around level 70-71...I'd be done on the spot if they did a wipe.  I can only imagine what somebody higher ranked like @Ektope would do, they will reach level 1000 by the time BETA ends! 

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

El Diablo 702

@4eyedcoupe  at the launch of gtao “360/ps3” there was a huge amount of character resets due to the game glitching. Log in create a character, log out n back in and poof  no character. People were reset for $$/rp glitching that we’re everywhere back then,  “billion $$ bounties/mission marker rp glitches”. So who knows what will happen?  But when on day one u find players w/ rank 100 u know something goin on, this was my experience on day 1 of gtao 360. 

IamCourtney
3 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I wasn't there for the very beginning of GTAO, but I was told by friends who were that they wiped peoples accounts early, and people who had paid for shark cards just had the $ redeposited into thier GTAO bank accounts.  Somebody who was there, please correct me if I'm wrong or confirm.  But if they did do such a horrendous act in RDRO, I'd imagine that's what they would do.  I'd have to think since no major money or gold glitches are out, or made public, there won't be a need.

They did reset a lot of cash in GTAO after the "Billionaire Days" a few months following launch, but there wasn't really much strong backlash against it because a) they didn't reset anybody's levels and b) they let people keep anything they bought with the glitched money.

Most people loaded up on nice cars, guns, properties, clothes and powerful combat vehicles while they could and were well set from that point forward. Some were even smarter and, along with buying the combat stuff, filled their garages with the most valuable cars available at the time (Adder bonds) and sold them for a big cash boost after the wipes were over. Some people refused to spend the glitched money on principle, but most people who received it ended up coming out way ahead of where they would have been had everything stayed legit, even after being reset to $0. There simply wasn't much widespread ground for outrage.

Edited by IamCourtney

GENESIS-YKIY
4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Just gonna stop playing the online if they really reset progress, I have wasted way too much time in this game to reach level 80.

XxJazzy42xX
10 hours ago, happygrowls said:

yeah i think its safe to say a character reset should be out of the question. Most people on my list are level 50+ and used gold to purchase weapons and weapon customization options. Its one thing to delete or reset a character at level 10, but now its waaaayy too late for that. Even though I think some horror stories about high stacked and high level/ranked characters being deleted out of nowhere will happen. The only resetting I see that is logical in the future is when we cross over from Beta Stage and they let us "reset" or "recreate"our character's looks, because if they reset my progress from where I'm at now........I will probably put this game back on the shelf.

Just prepare for R* to "accidentally" delete some unlucky player's character like so(this could be anyone):

Image result for ironhide death gif

Sammionna

They aren't going to reset progress (unless they want to lose half their playerbase of course). I imagine we'll be given the opportunity to redesign our characters for those who f*cked up the first time, hopefully we'll be able to update the mugshot too. The minute they added microtransactions to this so-called 'beta' was the minute I knew progress weren't going anywhere. 

ALifeOfMisery
15 minutes ago, Sammionna said:

They aren't going to reset progress (unless they want to lose half their playerbase of course).

I agree, as I said earlier in this thread, they'd have to be out of their minds to reset progress now. But R* being R* I'm still reserving 1% doubt, because who knows what the f*ck they're thinking with some of the decisions they make.

15 minutes ago, Sammionna said:

I imagine we'll be given the opportunity to redesign our characters for those who f*cked up the first time, hopefully we'll be able to update the mugshot too.

I really hope so. My toon looked half decent in the creator, not Mach1bud level character creation, but still decent.

Upon leaving the creator my character somehow had a different nose, crazy eyes and completely smooth skin despite me making it as old as possible and adding wrinkles and blemishes.

I also don't dare to change hair or beard style in fear of the make up glitch affecting my character.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

fryday

did you guys ever thought of a „reset light“ ? maybe just our inventory gets reseted? this is why i sold all my inventory (jewelry etc)  some time ago

Jason

They won't wipe unless they want to kill the game. Beta wipes work because beta's are usually live for between 2-7 days at most, so you're not losing much progress. If Rockstar were to wipe now players would lose 2 months progress, if they were to wipe at the end of beta then you could be looking at over half a years progress. It won't happen, they only made the comments about having no plans to wipe "as of now" to cover them selves incase they absolutely had to early days (incase of a dupe/exp exploit or something). If something bad cropped up now like a money dupe or exp glitch it would be less costly to fix + rollback/ban the players that exploited it than to wipe the progress of everyone.

As others have said, it'll also play havoc with microtransactions as well. It's easy peasy for them to reimburse the gold people have bought but considering how buying stuff with gold works, no one would be able to rebuy the stuff they lost day 1 cause of rank restrictions. That's a whole mess of it's own.

BulletFly
3 hours ago, Jason said:

As others have said, it'll also play havoc with microtransactions as well. It's easy peasy for them to reimburse the gold people have bought but considering how buying stuff with gold works, no one would be able to rebuy the stuff they lost day 1 cause of rank restrictions. That's a whole mess of it's own.

That's why I'm hoping for a total reset, because it's the only way they can modify the system in depth.

I'm level 50 and I also haven't played the game for a month or more.

They could make most items not level locked.

If there is no reset, then there will be no big changes.

I don't think they will reset and that's why I'm afraid that the game will always be frustrating and boring (regardless how many dlc's they come with).

But if they do reset without the big changes we all want...game over man!

Just my opinion.

Edited by BulletFly

IamCourtney

What big changes would require a reset?

YNNEL

I’m level 43 and there’s no way in hell I’d start again if they reset it.

Cutter De Blanc
On 1/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, happygrowls said:

They would be under no such obligation. Read the EULA. You agreed to their terms of service. 

Assblaster

They'd never do a wipe after the beta (months away): why would they? There are no significant exploits in this game. There won't be a reason for it; and besides, they know it would kill off their game at this point. RDO isn't popular anyway, and a character wipe would effectively drive off the diehard players for good, meaning no money for R*. Not gonna happen.

Lonely-Martin

Though I threw a hissy fit about it once when I had a bad session. I Don't believe they'll reset anyone's accounts at all.

That said. It happened by mistake with GTA:O in it's early days and went on to out-perform all expectations. And when they wipe players accounts, those that did buy shark cards saw that cash remain for when they were allowed back after a temp ban.

It could be done, both gold retained and the game grow on to be a monster hit. But again, I don't think they will.

AUScowboy
On 1/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, elfoam said:

Experience and logic

Okay Ben Shapiro.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, ALifeOfMisery said:

They already said there would be no wipe in a newswire post from the first month it released. They worded it carefully, as to say there would be no intentional reset of progress. That doesn't rule out accidental or incompetent wipes, overzealous cheat detection (happens in GTAO more than it should...) I'll try to find the article and update this post.

AUScowboy
On 1/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, ALifeOfMisery said:

They already said there would be no wipe in a newswire post from the first month it released. They worded it carefully, as to say there would be no intentional reset of progress. That doesn't rule out accidental or incompetent wipes, overzealous cheat detection (happens in GTAO more than it should...) I'll try to find the article and update this post.

Smokewood

I'm level 13 and I have already moved on from RDO - to me, it's already dead.

Playing the demo for Anthem didn't help either.

Wow, an all PvE game where people group up and help each other in co-op missions.

A game where everyone helps each other and has a blast...

What a concept!

XxJazzy42xX
2 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

Yeah I figured they wouldn't reset intentionally, but nothing is beyond the accidental and incompetent reset. I wouldn't be surprised to see a post here talking about how R* removed their character.

kycdu.gif

On 1/25/2019 at 7:38 PM, Gleeman Vox said:

Complain all you guys want but since matchmaking was fixed for Gun Rush i got over $50 for winning

Callahan44

I created this account because i was so hyped for rdo. One of the biggest disappointments in my gaming career. I actually bought a gaming pc now. Of course not only because of rdo but it was the last tiny bit of motivation i needed. U f*cked up r*. 

4eyedcoupe
On 1/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, AUScowboy said:

Well, they didn't say there would be no wipe...Their exact words were:  "For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout."  Here is the link to the December 3 news wire. https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60726/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Status-Update .  That was two months ago as of this coming Sunday.  A lot can change in a couple of months, let alone several months.

Again, I personally don't think at this point they will do a complete wipe or any kind of wipe at all... But they never ruled it out completely, they left the door open by choosing their words carefully. I mean this is R* & Take Two we are talking about who seem to have very little respect for their player base & see the majority us as freeloaders

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

DentureDynamite

"...we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout."

'Current' plans one day mean absolutely nothing when tomorrow rolls around--especially in vague legal-speak which they just love to use.

They've left themselves plenty of wiggle room for a reset/wipe, if and whenever, they want.

As amazing as Escape from Tarkov was/is in terms of gun mechanics and realism, constant wipes and desync issues (as well as super slow bug fixes and content development, even worse than Rockstar) made me ditch the game.

Edited by DentureDynamite