2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
hugh750

why do we get the law after us when a npc attacks us?

hugh750

why do we get the law after us when a npc attacks us?

today while i was in valentine i had a male npc start talking trash to arthur i responded to him then he attacked arthur, i had arthur hit him back (self defense).

another np got the law after arthur and the law ran arthur out of town.

Antipode

You need to act defensively first. Just block a few attacks and then strike, and don't kill the guy or loot him. The NPCs around you need to be sure that you're not the aggressor.

hugh750
4 minutes ago, Antipode said:

You need to act defensively first. Just block a few attacks and then strike, and don't kill the guy or loot him. The NPCs around you need to be sure that you're not the aggressor.

the other npc notified the law after i knocked out & looted the aggressive npc.🤣

Edited by hugh750

confederatestatesgta

yes its pretty dumb. a few days ago i was in saint denis. and i crashed into another guy on a horse. so when he gets up he starts shooting at me. so what am i to do? just let him murder me? no i killed him in self defense. then the cops chased me for a long time. all because a guy shot at me. but let me guess if he murdered me the law wouldent give two craps about that.

Feels like that during the development the wanted/witness system was rushed.

Edited by anthony

Cutter De Blanc

I knock out little bitches who pull guns in town, usually don't get wanted for that, other than the obligatory "move on" 

I find if I'm in the right and wait till the cops get there so I can defuse the situation with them after the fight, they usually just tell me to leave

Only really have problems when I push L2 to focus on the cop and instead he draws his gun on the cop, then it gets messy

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

RUFF_inthejungle

I was really getting into this game, exploring and fixing up my guns but then this crap happened. Strolling through Valentine, these guys have a duel over by the stables and after blowing the other guy away, the victor proceeds to shout insults and challenge me next - fine, I'll duel, it's the old west, perfectly normal right? I win the duel and suddenly the laws on my ass for the first time ever (trying to be a decent folk). I ride out of town at full speed when my horse grinds to a halt on whats maybe a 5-10 degree slope and 4-8 guys on horseback materialize out of thin air behind me, ram my horse at full gallop, knock me to the ground and stand there unloading and killing me before I've gotten even halfway back up. Same cop BS as riding motorcycles in GTA, I've never stopped playing a new game so fast. GFY C*

1 hour ago, RUFF_inthejungle said:

I was really getting into this game, exploring and fixing up my guns but then this crap happened. Strolling through Valentine, these guys have a duel over by the stables and after blowing the other guy away, the victor proceeds to shout insults and challenge me next - fine, I'll duel, it's the old west, perfectly normal right? I win the duel and suddenly the laws on my ass for the first time ever (trying to be a decent folk). I ride out of town at full speed when my horse grinds to a halt on whats maybe a 5-10 degree slope and 4-8 guys on horseback materialize out of thin air behind me, ram my horse at full gallop, knock me to the ground and stand there unloading and killing me before I've gotten even halfway back up. Same cop BS as riding motorcycles in GTA, I've never stopped playing a new game so fast. GFY C*

lol that's what happened to me when I was in New Austin for the first time;

I thought it was lawless, del lobo gang attacking and killing people, only sheriff is in Tumbleweed. So I kill and loot a guy in the middle of nowhere, a rider saw this and boom, witness reporting, ok I wait and then 20 secondes later reported, then 10 secondes later, 4 lawman coming out of thin air lmao, I stopped to play instantly.

Edited by anthony

Ayesha

What infuriates me more is people trying to defend this broken system. 

O.Z

The system is broken, that’s why I rarely visit Saint Denis, sometimes when you bump into someone you get a public disturbance sign followed by every single cop wanting you dead for nudging a person lol. It’s a joke. 

Playing in Saint Denis is like walking an eggshells. It’s my least favourite place in the whole game

Morgan Ranch Dressing

If it's just a fist fight, usually you can defuse the situation with the law and they'll let you go.

If you kill someone though it counts as murder. They're trying to tell a tale of how the outlaw lifestyle and the time of outlaws came to an end.

Cutter De Blanc

You can actually slash at people in fistfights with your knife, as long as you don't accidentally kill them.

Even if it's like 7 on 1, I had to lay out a small mob of industrial workers I'd pissed off in Saint Denis, they chased me all the way to chinatown

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Darealbandicoot
11 hours ago, O.Z said:

The system is broken, that’s why I rarely visit Saint Denis, sometimes when you bump into someone you get a public disturbance sign followed by every single cop wanting you dead for nudging a person lol. It’s a joke. 

Playing in Saint Denis is like walking an eggshells. It’s my least favourite place in the whole game

And I HATE how the character either loses his voice so can't tell the witness to stop, OR the witness not stopping even though I'm waiving a gun in their face with a mask on.  Seriously WHY are the NPCS in this game BOTH assholes and goody two shoes reporting EVERYTHING to the law who doesn't care if YOUR being shot at, but if an NPC gets hurt, all hell breaks loose. 

PapasHota

Worst place in Saint Dennis is near the trapper, you bump into a asshole then 4 other assholes run to call the cops for disturbing the peace and you end up with 300$ bounty, its sad.

ThroatSlasher2

Why is the law on our ass for no reason?

Because the system is broken, sh*t, and outdated. It's basically the same as GTA V, only it at least had the excuse of being set in present day which could BARELY justify the extremely fast police response.

Got on a train a few minutes ago, killed the last guard stealthily from behind as I slit a knife down his throat. Threw his body off the wagon and onto the rails and instantly got a bounty, having been spotted by a guard that was 2 or 3 wagons further. Had Marshals and sh*t all over me in under 15 seconds. Ended up having a 450$+ bounty.

This is easily the worst law enforcement system I've ever seen in a video game. Just plain lazyness. Haven't had a really good one arguably since GTA IV. 

1 hour ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Got on a train a few minutes ago, killed the last guard stealthily from behind as I slit a knife down his throat. Threw his body off the wagon and onto the rails and instantly got a bounty, having been spotted by a guard that was 2 or 3 wagons further. Had Marshals and sh*t all over me in under 15 seconds. Ended up having a 450$+ bounty.

Forget the train robberies, it's broken.

ThroatSlasher2
1 hour ago, anthony said:

Forget the train robberies, it's broken.

I wasn't even planning on robbing it too. I just needed a ride and saw the guard and knew he wouldn't be joyful of my sudden presence so I dealt with him quickly.

Too bad the signal is strong as sh*t on the trains though. Sheriff Malloy already had a squadron ready for my ass at the whim of a phone call.

redamed9292

Yeah.I hogtied a npc because he killed some people in a coach near Valentine.Thought maybe they will give me a reward if i take him to the sheriff.But no.First npc got the fuzz on me

Darealbandicoot
10 hours ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Because the system is broken, sh*t, and outdated. It's basically the same as GTA V, only it at least had the excuse of being set in present day which could BARELY justify the extremely fast police response.

This is easily the worst law enforcement system I've ever seen in a video game. Just plain lazyness. Haven't had a really good one arguably since GTA IV. 

Hell, RDR had a better system than this garbage! It's basically GTA V wanted system in 1899. 

O.Z
23 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Hell, RDR had a better system than this garbage! It's basically GTA V wanted system in 1899. 

Pretty much, I still think GTA V’s is worse than RDR2 wanted system. 

However both GTA IV and RDR had better system than their successors...

PS: I wish Rockstar would do a remake of GTA IV the same way that Resident Evil 2 was made, it looks like night and day compared to the original

Edited by O.Z

Kemasus

I think honor levels affect what happens when we have conflicts with NPCs

I roll with a high honor level. I have been shot at in town and normally run up and knockout NPCs. As long as I dont loot "non gang" NPCs nothing happens.

If I lasso an NPC I never pick them up (unless of course its part of a stranger and or main mission)

The thing that bugs me the most about the RDR2 law system is being out in the middle of nowhere. Standing near a crime scene could get the law after us

RockStar could have done a much better job with "self defense" options

Urban Legends

It's all about how you start or finish the fight. Never ever loot the body it just makes you look guilty regardless of the reason. Think of it as "kicking a dead horse"

Last night I had your typical bump a NPC in Saint Denis... So this wild bastard puts a few rounds in me.. On my last breathe I throw a knife into his skull.. Hiding the body is imperative. Body hidden and didnt loot.

Even started a fist fight with a feller latet on... Pulled out a revolver and hit him for the finishing blow and the nearest NPC just said Put that Steel away.  So I put it away and Ohhh Lovely day. 

Marcinguy

I had a wierd situation recently too. In St. Denis, and I came acroos a couple being accosted by a thug. The thugs gun went of and he killed the woman as I was too late to intervene. I ran him down and hogtied him put him on my horse. Even went back to the guy who was now carrying the dead woman and Arthur said something like "sorry for your loss" to guy. Trotted up the street a bit and went past a cop. Instant kidnapping charge lol.

I wanted to bring the guy to police station and instead cops just started firing on me before I could even try to respond with the L2 surrender. Ruins the game a bit when this crap happens.

WPCatfish

I got surrounded and drawn on by O'driscolls in Valentine.  Fair fight or so I thought, but even though they drew first and fired on me, I still got the murder charges.

O.Z
On 1/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, ThroatSlasher2 said:

GTA V's is still worse IMO

ThroatSlasher2
7 hours ago, O.Z said:

Still terrible when considering RDR1 has it down better.

I love how dead towns become after you get in a massive shootout with the law. I also like how the shootouts actually f*cking end.

It's so stupid how the law enforcement just sends endless troops after me. Such lazy game design.

TheSantader25

At least GTA V's system makes sense(except for the part that you're wanted for staring at people and cops going to 2 star shooting mode immediately). I prefer V. RDR2 system is unrealistic, annoying and stupid all at the same time. 

Edited by TheSantader25

just do it bob1

cuz r*'s law system is still f*cked up 20 years later

Edited by just do it bob1

SonOfLiberty
19 hours ago, O.Z said:

What makes GTA V's worse is they rarely just patrol the streets so it's stupid how they come out of the woodwork for the most minor of offences.

1xGamer

You know i had more ridiculous situation once. The guy on a railroad station started a fight with me for no reason. Like seriously I was just standing next to him and he said something like "What are you looking at?" And instantly started beating me. So I kicked a sh*t out of him and his friend who also tried to fight me and guess what... My honor level deacreased. Really like what the hell.