4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Big_Jilm_1980

Why rockstar bans innocent people after each update

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, Jenkiiii said:

This thread has highlighted the fact that hoards of innocent people get banned on PC for misdemeanours that they're probably not even aware of, whereas many other people go undetected for years.

True. 

My PC account that I transferred from last gen still has close to a Billion dollars on it and both characters full of vehicle bonds in case of a money wipe. I've never had any significant amount of cash wiped, never been banned. 

That's not a brag, it just goes to show what a shambles R*s banning system on PC really is.

hei3enberg
5 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

My PC account that I transferred from last gen still has close to a Billion dollars on it and both characters full of vehicle bonds in case of a money wipe. I've never had any significant amount of cash wiped, never been banned. 

Man, I'm still salty that some of my mates are rocking absolutely modded accs and walked away from every banwave, while money were corrected twice. I'm a honest grinder!

Edited by hei3enberg

Lonely-Martin
8 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

I don't think the OP is a troll, and who cares even if he is?

This thread has highlighted the fact that hoards of innocent people get banned on PC for misdemeanours that they're probably not even aware of, whereas many other people go undetected for years. As a console user, the most severe thing I've experienced is the removal of outfits, licence plate bans, car sell limits, and petty stuff like that.

Goes further than just highlighting R*'s incompetence. It shows just how quick some are to shame a player and just not care about what R* did but rather take easy shots at something that really isn't the real problem here. Cards are only an issue simply because R* take the piss. In game and with their playerbase. As @ALifeOfMisery of misery said, that much invested would see me take legal advise for sure. It's ridiculous and customer service is one of the world's biggest pet peeves. (Though OP's initial approach wasn't ideal too mind you).

We all buy useless stuff to the next person. That's life, lol. One man's sh*t is another man's treasure. (Or ladies, of course).

Basically, if you get trouble from R* like this, don't try looking for help and support for awareness on a forum like this. By ignoring the real issue and taking cheap pops, it does R*'s shady work for them. They know no-one cares and people ridicule this, so do more to screw players, lol.

Mrs. Buzz
17 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Can't believe I've only just stumbled across this gem of a thread. It's a shame there's no category for Worst Thread in this year's awards.

Obvious troll is obvious.

If genuine, 3k on Shark Cards is ridiculous, but if you have the money spend it on whatever you want. 

If I'd spent three grand on Shark Cards and then got banned I'd be talking to a lawyer, not failing to impress an internet forum over how rich I am.

I don't think he's a troll and if he is - who cares. I go with @Jenkiiiiabout the general view. Keep in mind, there are dozen of people out there in the mobile games segment, who spent five figure money on games. Keeping these "whales" in mind, he's far away from rich, maybe lazy addicted. 3k on shark cards ~350 mil ingame in the worst case. Not that much over the time tbh.

Gaffa

I don't get Rockstar when it comes to the singular issue of 'money'. There's plenty of console players who've glitched and glitched into the billions and still have it - apart from one needing more effort, surely the end result is no different to a PC player who pushes a few buttons in a mod menu? There's also that comical thing that "Cheat Engine" could be used from day one and still can, and that it can be used to give yourself $2 billion in a single transaction. 

Anyway without letting the thread turn into THAT one, I do feel for you dude. People get falsely or randomly banned seemingly all the time and to have all that progress, all those special things you've worked for gone is really quite something. There was a 'banwave' that happened recently though and several menu users suffered bans from what I'm hearing (or reading). 

inb4 OP had decided to state they had $3k worth of shark cards value on their account in modded money ($240 million) to prevent backlash, but used a menu to get it, got banned and is now playing the innocent card. 

Actually that kinda makes me think along the suspicious line, because if that were me, simultaneously suggesting I'm rich and can afford stuff - I'd be taking a trip up to Rockstar North in Scotland and demanding something, and if I couldn't get anywhere, I'd find a local news outlet to go with me or to create some article about how a player that supported the company with $3,000 worth of payments, receives no recompense or support from the people he paid and is unfairly and randomly suspended without any recourse. 

kenmy13999
2 hours ago, 💩 said:

he only improved his attitude to keep the troll going. boasting about his money, mentioning pewdiepie, using the mercy card... obvious troll tactics

never claimed he's the best troll, but it's a damn good one since so many people go along with it and on top of that he manages to flip people to his side.

People usually complain about how the wales support the game and all the craziness with their SC purchases, when one of then shows up they're a troll..

Gtaf at It's finest 😂

ALifeOfMisery
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Buzz said:

I don't think he's a troll and if he is - who cares.

I agree, troll or not, OP highlights a problem we all know exists for PC users.

It's OPs demeanor that smells a little fishy to me rather than the point they're making. But I agree with you, @Jenkiiii and others, in that it doesn't really matter either way.

Purevil

I hate liars.  Let me ban it. 

just do it bob1
On 1/20/2019 at 5:07 PM, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I have spent over $2950 ( the 2950 is proven sales) with of shark cards I paid for.

If you were dumb enough to spend three grand on shark cards, you deserve to be banned. Hopefully this event will drill the thought of possibly getting a f*cking life into your thick skull. 

I really hope you are trolling, because this is too much for me to handle. Not only that, but you spent that money on PC. You could have just got a money drop 😂

It's completely out of my nature to be aggressive like this and respond a message the way I am, but holy sh*t man. You seriously need to rethink your life if you spend three grand on micro transactions. It is because of people like you, that we can't have the old rockstar back. You support their sh*tty practices. I honestly hope you don't get a dime of your money back.

Edited by just do it bob1

flybar
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, just do it bob1 said:

If you were dumb enough to spend three grand on shark cards, you deserve to be banned. Hopefully this event will drill the thought of possibly getting a f*cking life into your thick skull. 

I really hope you are trolling, because this is too much for me to handle. Not only that, but you spent that money on PC. You could have just got a money drop 😂

It's completely out of my nature to be aggressive like this and respond a message the way I am, but holy sh*t man. You seriously need to rethink your life if you spend three grand on micro transactions. It is because of people like you, that we can't have the old rockstar back. You support their sh*tty practices. I honestly hope you don't get a dime of your money back.

I don't see why not to buy Shark Cards if you have money and don't have much time or interests to grind. GTA Online is not the most expensive hobby out there. Rockstar has created very interesting game, supports and updates it for many years now and trust me it's not cheap to run a business like this. If not for the people spending real money on GTA we wouldn't have this game by now. So people who are buying Shark Cards are supporting us in my opinion, and deserve respect. Just calm down and think about it.

SHOKKERZ91
1 hour ago, flybar said:

I don't see why not to buy Shark Cards if you have money and don't have much time or interests to grind. GTA Online is not the most expensive hobby out there. Rockstar has created very interesting game, supports and updates it for many years now and trust me it's not cheap to run a business like this. If not for the people spending real money on GTA we wouldn't have this game by now. So people who are buying Shark Cards are supporting us in my opinion, and deserve respect. Just calm down and think about it.

Supports the game? The only thing he supports is pay to win. Nothing else. Microtransactions are something only free to play games should have, not a full price AAA-game. How can anybody respect something like that? I really don´t get it. lol

just do it bob1
1 hour ago, flybar said:

So people who are buying Shark Cards are supporting us in my opinion, and deserve respect. Just calm down and think about it.

I'm laughing at this comment but I'm also taking in that you are being 100% serious which at the same time, is very f*cking concerning.

Quinn_flower
3 hours ago, flybar said:

Hi r* 

ALifeOfMisery
7 hours ago, flybar said:

Please, please read this

R3CON

The ban & wipe system shouldn't be a thing in the first place. Rockstar should simply remove the cash (and only the cash) and call it a day. This punitive, aggressive practice of locking you up and throwing away the key is far too unsympathetic and heartless. It's basically the end of your character (whatever accomplishments you've earned with them over time lost forever) simply because you fudged the numbers in a videogame. 

It's a horrible result regardless of whether your cash is illegimate or not. But most only care about the victims if they're innocent. It's not any less painful for those with Ill Gotten Gains, it's just that people don't care when they take the fall. As someone who does have modded cash and knows that people would chortle with rapturous glee if I got banned and wiped on some purity/"follow the rules!" nonsense it's hard to look at threads like these and feel bad. All those who openly clamor for others to get banned and wiped simply because of the money they have, regardless of how inconsequential it is in gameplay, get a taste of their own medicine. Not the best solution now, is it? Had the person been guilty this thread would've been an aggravated bitch & moan and the person drowned out with sanctimonious shouts of how this serves them right. Smug satisfaction dripping from every stroke of the keyboard. But the pain of losing the account, the struggle of dealing with Rockstar support and the crossroads between starting over and giving up the game entirely would still be experienced nonetheless. The damage would be done, there just wouldn't be any violins to mark the occurrence. 

Long story short, Yes, whatever anticheat system they have shouldn't go after the innocent little lambs who dindu nuffin wrong. But it is precisely because of the hive mind, heartless aggression of those innocent little lambs that this system is supported and enabled in the first place. Maybe if we weren't so flippant and dismissive of those who took a little more off the top than they should've (in a game riddled with soul-draining grinds, microtransactions and over-weaponized PvP interruptions) it wouldn't be so hard to appeal situations like this. Between Rockstar's logistical incompetence when it comes to fielding the unending mountain of support tickets and the playerbase's dispassionate hunger for retribution at all costs, a fair trial be damned, it was only inevitable that such a system would run amok. 

It's not just that the anticheat needs to be re-tuned to better target the offending parties. We need a complete overhaul of the consequences themselves and we need to listen more to those affected and how we can work with them. As it stands now, this one-sided pity party vs burn em at the stake dichotomy we have going on isn't helping anybody. 

Edited by R3CON

size_m
On 1/22/2019 at 3:55 AM, Devdevi45 said:

After many glitches after still having my billions I still haven’t gotten banned 

you don't get banned for glitching, as you are just using bugs which are already provided in the game.

you don't modify the game or anything by using these ingame glitches.

it's not your fault that there are bugs/glitches in the game.

you could always meet accidentally a glitch.

usually the glitches get patched by rockstar and that's it.

they cannot ban players for their own faults.

Xiled

Microtransactions do not belong in full priced games

just do it bob1
8 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Please, please read this

Don't bother. People like ResaQspace ( @Xiled you know who I'm talking about) and this other guy in the thread, are way too dense to understand. They Fanboy r* and never call them out on their sh*t. If you directly call him out for it, he's gonna reply that companies like EA and Rockstar have done nothing wrong, or something stupid along those lines. People who support micro transactions are beyond help. Don't waste your time.

flybar
17 hours ago, SHOKKERZ91 said:

Supports the game? The only thing he supports is pay to win. Nothing else. Microtransactions are something only free to play games should have, not a full price AAA-game. How can anybody respect something like that? I really don´t get it. lol

I bought this game for PC many years ago for something about $50. Didn't even know at  the time that it has Online portion, so it was sort or free add-on to me. Maybe there are other games which is going for 5 years without players paying real world money for new version, new maps, add-ons etc -  I don't know. Honestly I couldn't care less about microtransactions, since I'm not buying Shark cards, but I'm glad that Rockstar has constant cash flow which allows it to support GTA5, and release new DLCs  on regular basis. And whoever supports it with their money either buying fresh copy og GTA5 or buying Shark Cards - I glad they do it because it allows us to play game for years without spending a cent on it.

I see people's concern that microtransactions encourage game developers to make in-game stuff more expensive, but it's a matter of balance. Stop cash flow and game will die, make everything in-game out or reach without paying additional hundreds of dollars - it will die too. 

I think you just need to set right expectations for GTA Online - it's a game designed to be played slowly and for  long time, if you want to have everything in the game in a week it's probably not for you unless you're prepared to spend money for Shark Cards of course.   

SHOKKERZ91

Rockstar has enough cashflow already, this game gets bought alot even these days. I read a article at the end of 2018 where zelnick said they sold: "about 285 million copys or so". It is still one of the best selling games. And you wanna tell me they need the absolute horrendus overpriced scam cards to support the game? Lel, no. Microtransactions are just pure greed.

Also, i know you didn´t meant it that way, but that one comment i absolutly read to often. The online part is not free. It never was, it never will. There are people who think the online part is a free to play game, which is not true. Don´t laugh, i literally read "online is a free to play game". Just read the comments under some videos from big (and dumb) youtubers.

For the balance part, there is no balance. Want a example? 2 fresh players, one with nothing, one with sharkcard cash. Sharkcard newbie gets a hydra and griefs the utter f*ck out of the guy with nothing. He paid to win. But then again, the game has enough balance issues by itself, the pay to win aspect is just the little cherry on top.

And naw, if i really wanted to speed up my progress, i would get a modded acc instead. Way better bang for your buck.

JamesTKirk
On 1/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, CrysisAverted said:

he spent $3k on digital goods R* could take away from him whenever they want

Precisely why I won't EVER spend an extra penny on a game.  Oh sure, I paid my $60 and I still have the overly large box thing with SEVEN (yes SEVEN) DVD discs in it.  They got their money out of me, and that's all fair and square.

But to come along and try to RIP PEOPLE OFF for even MORE cash?  That's too greedy, Rockstar.  Typical corporate greed, they don't give a damn about people spending 3000 dollars on a game.  OMG can you imagine?  I sure can't... but I know some do.  It makes me feel so awful to realize people spend that much money on a stupid silly video game... but then to hear they get banned out of the blue despite enriching Rockstar so much?  GFY Rockstar, just go kill yourselves.

P.S. I won't be buying RDR2 for PC, they can go suck on my fattie.  Fkn greedy bastards.

flybar
12 hours ago, SHOKKERZ91 said:

Rockstar has enough cashflow already, this game gets bought alot even these days. I read a article at the end of 2018 where zelnick said they sold: "about 285 million copys or so". It is still one of the best selling games. And you wanna tell me they need the absolute horrendus overpriced scam cards to support the game? Lel, no. Microtransactions are just pure greed.

Also, i know you didn´t meant it that way, but that one comment i absolutly read to often. The online part is not free. It never was, it never will. There are people who think the online part is a free to play game, which is not true. Don´t laugh, i literally read "online is a free to play game". Just read the comments under some videos from big (and dumb) youtubers.

For the balance part, there is no balance. Want a example? 2 fresh players, one with nothing, one with sharkcard cash. Sharkcard newbie gets a hydra and griefs the utter f*ck out of the guy with nothing. He paid to win. But then again, the game has enough balance issues by itself, the pay to win aspect is just the little cherry on top.

I'm not saying that R* need shark cards to support game, I said that I'm glad that people keep spending money on GTAO in any form, because if they stopped spending their money we'd have to spend ours or find another game. And I don't see why people hate that fella who spent $3K on shark cards.

And I know of course that Online part included in the price, I just never intended to play Online when I bought the game. If they sold Online ceparately I would probably never bought it. I tried it just because it was already there and I completed offline GTA5 for a couple a times. I got curiuos what's might be possible interesting in Online and got hooked eventually.

When I talked about balance, I meant balance in general between microtransactions and just playing without buying shark cards. In your Hydra example you can get free Lazer from Zancudo and completely own guy who spend his real money for Hydra : ) Of course there's no ideal and we all have lots of complains about balance but you can still play and enjoy game without Hydra and other stuff. You can spend your time in heists, contact missions, jobs, adversaries etc unless you feel comfortable to get in freemode. Even freemode is not always bad, you can find peaceful sessions and helpful people in there.

Big_Jilm_1980
On 1/25/2019 at 5:26 AM, 💩 said:

one of the best troll jobs i've seen in a good while, even bringing up having a retarded kid and such 🤣

Wow. Only trolls pick on handicapped children dink. I have linked the google drive attachment asshat that shows all the receipts. Maybe grow up, then come talk at the big boy table with the grown folks. 

Agent 14
On 1/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, flybar said:

Haha another one who fell for the shark cards pays for server blatant lies 

GTA4 and RDR did not have microtransactions and still had online servers

Rockstar own the servers why lots of you believe this idea that shark cards supports servers as if they're renting them instead. This is all corporate greed and I blame the mobile game industry for that.

Big_Jilm_1980

I get that people troll online, and like about stupid sh*t,  but what kind of skumbag fakes gaming a kid with C.P. ??? Worse than that who the hell would be crude enough human to make fun of kids with disabilities. He's not even a kid, he's 20 years old, but had the mind of a 6 month old. He's not retarded asshats, he's got C.P. and cp  is brain damage caused by birth injury, and my son has severe focal seizures ants multiple seizure disorder on top of his CP. As well as cortical blindness. I could care less if you believe a random stranger on the internet or not,   but don't call my son or any person with disability a retarded. It's a derogatory term and it bs that all who've offended on this aren't smart enough to know better.  Or worse still if you do know better and still do it. Ridiculous !!!!! really guys???????

Here's a pic of my son. His name is Jeremy and i hope you sh*ts who made fun of someone with his condition before grow a heart. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1biHPoe0Q_N5BlJTspvKGg5zcIv3zPYwJ/view?usp=drivesdk

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I get that people troll online, and like about stupid sh*t,  but what kind of skumbag fakes gaming a kid with C.P. ??? Worse than that who the hell would be crude enough human to make fun of kids with disabilities. He's not even a kid, he's 20 years old, but had the mind of a 6 month old. He's not retarded asshats, he's got C.P. and cp  is brain damage caused by birth injury, and my son has severe focal seizures ants multiple seizure disorder on top of his CP. As well as cortical blindness. I could care less if you believe a random stranger on the internet or not,   but don't call my son or any person with disability a retarded. It's a derogatory term and it bs that all who've offended on this aren't smart enough to know better.  Or worse still if you do know better and still do it. Ridiculous !!!!! really guys???????

Here's a pic of my son. His name is Jeremy and i hope you sh*ts who made fun of someone with his condition before grow a heart. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1biHPoe0Q_N5BlJTspvKGg5zcIv3zPYwJ/view?usp=drivesdk

I feel ya, my lad has troubles too. But don't rise to it dude, some just like taking shots is all, plus it's the internet so some just refuse to believe people too. Best to just move on and show thicker skin here I find. I'm not fond of tgat word myself, so I just brush over those comments and smile if anything. :)

Big_Jilm_1980

Thr fact is they have shareholders, and just like any corporation they want to make them happy wanna make them more$  That's why shark cards exist. They actually did anarticle called something like "what's in store for GTA online for 2019" where they addmited just that. I didn't mind paying because i selfishly wanted the best stuff without working weeks on buying them. That was my decision. One that now i regret. 

1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I feel ya, my lad has troubles too. But don't rise to it dude, some just like taking shots is all, plus it's the internet so some just refuse to believe people too. Best to just move on and show thicker skin here I find. I'm not fond of tgat word myself, so I just brush over those comments and smile if anything. :)

I appreciate that. It makes me sad people are that gross of a soul. Your right though. Thicker skin n all that. Thank you. 

kenmy13999
12 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

Haha another one who fell for the shark cards pays for server blatant lies 

GTA4 and RDR did not have microtransactions and still had online servers

Rockstar own the servers why lots of you believe this idea that shark cards supports servers as if they're renting them instead. This is all corporate greed and I blame the mobile game industry for that.

I don't see the guy you were quoting saying anything about servers? 

Think he meant that sharkcards pay for the updates we're getting which is actually most likely true..

R* also uses p2p servers so I can't imagine they cost much tho 

Agent 14

I recall reading an article years ago about sharkcards keeping the servers alive and paying for free content.

Big_Jilm_1980

I should give you all an update. I called corporate office and finally a corporate-level supervisor contacted me. They said that they cannot say exactly why they're banning me but they can say they have 100% verified use of a modded menu. That's bullsh*t. I asked them to produce proof they refused. I told them that whatever proof they had was not proof because I have not used the modded menu. I told them that I have had modders drop money on me $2,500 at a time without my knowledge or consent, and five to 10 times it hit my character before I disengage and turned off the complete PC to prevent me being banned. I told him I've also been transported by modders I've also had cars dropped on me from modders all of them which I did not consent to nor did I ask for. Never did I take any of those vehicles and put them in my garage, never did I take the money willingly it was all forced on me. They said that's that didn't count against me because they know that matters do do things like that but they had irrefutable proof I used a modding menu. It's ridiculous. The only programs I have on my computer that are not average programs AR Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing for my YouTube videos, and some sound equipment stop. By all means none of those are on the average programs and I never had them engaged during the time I played and should never have affected GTA at cell. I have decent Security on my computer through Avast and never have been warned that I've been hacked. Either way they said that they will not reinstate my character nor will they refund my money. I put one more communication out and they've yet to close the case but it usually takes a week for the person to response from corporate. I will give you guys a further update as it comes.