4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Big_Jilm_1980

Why rockstar bans innocent people after each update

fatdog
13 minutes ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I don't know why people are hating on me for buying Shark cards.

Because you support cheap and sh*tty Rockstar's and Take-Two approach on running gtao, convincing them, that they are doing all right. You know why there is no appeal policy? Because they would have to pay wadge to employee responsible for it. Also anticheat that bans innocent and ignores real hackers is so bad because made by cheapest low grade coders they could find. And customer support you talking to is actually outsourced and filled with clueless low paid monkeys, to save a buck as well. Most gtao problems come from their top management policy to cut the cost of running most profitable digital product ever. With your money you could just get Strauss Zelnick (take-two head) assassinated tbh, but least you can do is make a noise about their sh*ttiest business practice, that lead to toxic freeroam experience, ridiculous loading time, low effort content, bugs, etc.

Btw you got banned for some suspicious background activity on your system, that triggered anticheat, just so you know.

Big_Jilm_1980

How do you know it's from suspicious background activity ? 

Hécate-II
19 minutes ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

How do you know it's from suspicious background activity ? 

IIRC we had this discussion in the main PC cheat thread. Things like overlays(Discord, GeForce) are suspicious. Someone also suggested that the R* bot eventually considered everyone as cheater in a given session. Don't ask me to dig the posts there are like 50 pages... 

Edit: 134 pages, have fun reading.

Edited by Hécate-II

Big_Jilm_1980

Well that's the problem. I don't use Discord, and I use GeForce because it's my graphics card for my laptop. I don't actively have the g-force app running, but I do have the graphics card for it. Why would that trigger anti-cheat system? Even more so when they see that wouldn't they know it was a mistake?

Hécate-II

Maybe something else, or its completly random, idk. Whatever start by asking them to review your account, you can contact them via social club even if you cannot play Online during the suspension. 

Edited by Hécate-II

Purevil
6 hours ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

When I threatened to take it to one of my friends who does gaming videos on YouTube that has over 600,000 subscribers, I was instantly banned

1.  Never threaten.   Do it.

2. If GTAF staff would kindly mod me for 24 hours I will ban you from this site for the above comment.

3. I smell bullsh*t.

4. I've had problems with R* in the past.  Like 3 years ago.  They resolved my issue within 24 hours, on the phone. 

Kiwi_91

me and my brother are PC players. i've been banned once during the single player modding issues. i wasn't unbanned but the ban expired and i still have the same character and i didn't loose anything. this was before they changed the system to 1 month ban and then the second is final. my brother has been banned wrongly twice. and was unbanned both times within a matter of days. with nothing being taken off his account. in each incident all we have done is sent a politely worded email to rockstar support, and even called them a few times. if you're polite, explain the issues to them clearly and they see that your account is clean. they will simply unban you. they're not stupid though and know if you were banned correctly. if you have been wrongly banned like we have been in the past, a simple email or phone call should bail you out. no matter how long it takes. i think we were lucky and got banned when appeals were low so we got through the system quickly though. just be persistent. you're innocent and they will be able to see that with a simple check of your profile. they even reinstate lost progress so you will probably even get your character back too. 

also, anyone whos giving this guy hate for buying sharkcards are complete morons. hes the one thats supported the game and is the reason we get free dlc. also, we don't know the guys financial situation. if hes happy paying for it, then let him. also, shark cards are worth it imo. if u want me to explain then just ask. because all it takes is a matter of logic to understand why buying shark cards isn't actually a bad idea. 

Edited by Kiwi_91

Quinn_flower
8 hours ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I want to give you guys an update on my situation. When I threatened to take it to one of my friends who does gaming videos on YouTube that has over 600,000 subscribers, I was instantly banned. After two days of playing just getting my properties back just getting some of that Gear with some of the shark card money that was left over, I even stopped playing for the last 2 days. And 4 days after they readmit me and I continuously fought them on the Rockstar support website, they just permanently Banned Me. This is an outrage. I have done nothing. I even express to them tonight why if I know you think I'm a cheater would I cheat in 4 days when I already had almost 70 million GTA dollars to start with. You saw that I bought all my main properties back, I had the free properties that I got with my criminal starter pack, why would I risk getting banned permanently by cheating? I have sent them and no one's answering. It's an outrage in their anti-cheat software is bullsh*t. This information needs to go out so anyone who has any sort of platform for gaming on YouTube or any other social media I will be more than happy to do an interview and bring all my information and proof that I did not cheat and they still banned me. This time they banned me just to show me that they could because they were upset that I threatened to expose the situation with her anti-cheat software.

So what? Im rich n i can afford it. Why's that a crime ? If you had any special skills you'd be able to buy some too. Don't hate, get a job. Im almost 40 years old, done very well working my way to money.  Don't hate on me. No one complains about what you do with your money. 

I understand that's a joke to you bro, but that's my point. I didn't want a modded account. I wanted to get in by the stuff I wanted going in and have fun grinding fighting and doing whatever the hell I wanted to. Modded account I could have spent a hundred bucks and got billions of GTA dollars, but then I'd get my account ripped away. I don't like getting my progress pulled out from under me that's why I don't cheat. f*ck modded accounts and f*ck all of the cheaters on the game. That's why I couldn't believe that they accuse me of cheating I report cheaters everyday all day. I've got over a dozen people band before for cheating. I caught them on video send it to Rockstar and put it up on YouTube. Rockstar had done do it or they looked weak. Either way I get where you're coming from but that's not my style. I don't know why people are hating on me for buying Shark cards. That's actually part of the game legally part of the game, not the cheater way of the game I get it but that's the point. I am older guy who enjoys video games and enjoys doing the my own way. If I didn't have the money to spend on a shark cards I wouldn't have bought them.

blah blah "im rich i do what ever i want" bitch i have money too invested in stocks and other ventures. what the f*ck that has to do with being rich. you sound like a kid who is spoiled. if your really 40 you wouldn't show off how much you spend dumb ass its in book how to be rich 101 unless your one of those types that show off like look at me i buy this and that and wear this then your just a trying to over compensate for something . also....you made a bad investment simple as that game set match 

(mods sorry for my french) 

Edited by Quinn_flower

Agent 14
52 minutes ago, Kiwi_91 said:

me and my brother are PC players. i've been banned once during the single player modding issues. i wasn't unbanned but the ban expired and i still have the same character and i didn't loose anything. this was before they changed the system to 1 month ban and then the second is final. my brother has been banned wrongly twice. and was unbanned both times within a matter of days. with nothing being taken off his account. in each incident all we have done is sent a politely worded email to rockstar support, and even called them a few times. if you're polite, explain the issues to them clearly and they see that your account is clean. they will simply unban you. they're not stupid though and know if you were banned correctly. if you have been wrongly banned like we have been in the past, a simple email or phone call should bail you out. no matter how long it takes. i think we were lucky and got banned when appeals were low so we got through the system quickly though. just be persistent. you're innocent and they will be able to see that with a simple check of your profile. they even reinstate lost progress so you will probably even get your character back too. 

also, anyone whos giving this guy hate for buying sharkcards are complete morons. hes the one thats supported the game and is the reason we get free dlc. also, we don't know the guys financial situation. if hes happy paying for it, then let him. also, shark cards are worth it imo. if u want me to explain then just ask. because all it takes is a matter of logic to understand why buying shark cards isn't actually a bad idea. 

Shark cards aren't worth it tbh. Sure if you have money to blow and rich like the op claims to be, sure I mean not everyone has time to grind on this cesspool of a game. But the money you get from the sharkcards isn't worth their value. Tell me in what world dropping a whooping 100 real life dollars for 8 millions gta bucks is acceptable? Those 8 millions won't even buy you the aquarius yacht or the whole nightclub with upgrades terrobyte plus upgrades and the op mk2 plus upgrades. 

I'm not going to knock tc because it his money and he can do whatever he likes with it. But to say shark cards are worth it that's incorrect because as I've explained above they're not. 

Is gonna take more than 8 million of gta bucks for shark cards to be considered worthy of purchasing imo.

Gridl0k

Smart money would just have duped elegies and "made" around $250 per hour in shark card equivalence :D

Feel free to post what Rockstar sent you, it's all a bit one-sided unreliable narrator sh*t thus far

Agent 14
33 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

Smart money would just have duped elegies and "made" around $250 per hour in shark card equivalence :D

Feel free to post what Rockstar sent you, it's all a bit one-sided unreliable narrator sh*t thus far

I turned a 1 million gta dollars investment into 130 million when i first purchased the facility and found out about bogdan he he.

Edited by Agent 14

Hécate-II

Threatening to use cancer YTbers to solve the problem was a stupid move. I hadn't read that blocktext...you won't achieve anything on GTAO PC if you start insulting them directly or threatening them to get help from Pewpewdie or Washington Post. You're not in a f*cking movie.

Agent 14
Just now, Hécate-II said:

Threatening to use cancer YTbers to solve the problem was a stupid move. I hadn't read that blocktext...you won't achieve anything on GTAO PC if you start insulting them directly or threatening them to get help from Pewpewdie or Washington Post. You're not in a f*cking movie.

Lol I can guarantee who ever read his complain actually thought of helping him but then laughed him after the threatening bit and decided to let op rot.

hei3enberg

The best help OP could get is to buy a modded account and forget about it. I own several modded accounts (don't ask why, 1 was for backup reasons and others I've got from the friend who retired) and I regularly checking them: all stats are in order. Three of my close IRL mates are playing with modded accs and were never banned, because they have under 100 mil, rank is <500, they don't play public, they play a lot of legit activities. 

I said it before and I will say it again: PC is unfair, if you're legit that won't help you. Cheap second hand accounts are easy to get and cheaters are resurrecting. 

hei3enberg
10 hours ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

So what? Im rich n i can afford it. Why's that a crime ? If you had any special skills you'd be able to buy some too. Don't hate, get a job. Im almost 40 years old, done very well working my way to money.  Don't hate on me. No one complains about what you do with your money. 

I'm complaining because you're supporting unfair business practices of R* and complaining about the consequences of these practices on the forum non-affiliated with R*, where people are well aware of the issues and shared a lot of tips how to try to avoid it. That's what you get for your money, enjoy how R* treats you. Yet here you are, bragging how rich you are and how you are threatening billion dollar corporation with Youtube videos. Of course they will ban you and laugh at you! Because Youtube is full of these videos and you never actually cared to get into your situation.

Like I said, if you have a habit to throw a money at problems, try throwing it at sellers of modded accounts. It's the only place where you will get guaranteed bang for your buck.

Lonely-Martin

It begins... Lol.

By all means of course, folk do what they want with their cash. Never one to say otherwise really. But once someone gives it 'Lord of the manor' about their wealth, I lose all interest in them TBH. Never liked that attitude IRL.

The cost of cards never bothered me, I never planned to buy them. But I get that to many, a few thousand $/£ IRL is nothing too, I could have bought many if I felt they were reasonable to me, but that's beside the point.

My concerns are things like this where it's clear R* just don't give two sh*ts as they assume things will just keep on making them money, and it does too. That's the issue I have with how this DLC comes via optional cash purchases. The impact is clear in game, and R* can release crap or make things like Arena War progression a real grind, sh*tty research etc that the minority likes/pays for, while R* calls those that choose to play freeloaders and see them as a 'problem to solve', lol. A big ol' circle jerk really. For if all these DLC's came and were charged like old (GTA IV/RDR's etc), if players don't like where it's headed, we choose not to further pay to support it all and the next DLC draws less money and so on. R* aren't held to offer quality content like we know they can and run this game on the cheap too. And we end up clucking for a good 2x week so the gaming becomes what it should be more. Casual gaming.

My thoughts, though learned a fair bit from here too mind. Peace out guys. :)

Agent 14

The only thing i can't wrap my head around is that op is a pewdiepie fan and he's 40 years old... I can't make sense of it at all. 

Jenkiiii

I've read through this thread and it's pretty interesting, but one thing I can't seem to do is sympathise with the OP! Normally when people have such problems I feel a sense that maybe they've been unjustly treated by Rockstar, but not in this case.

OP is a new forum member who rants at the neutral community as though they're his scourges in almost unintelligible English in places, and it's that lack of humbleness and rationale that concerns me. Imagine the way he ranted at Rockstar after his account was banned (for unknown reason, actually)? Not good, and I would love to be a fly on the wall at Rockstar offices in this case.

Things need to be taken into perspective, and if the account was incorrectly banned then the OP should have talked to Rockstar in a mature and less accusatory way, instead of the obvious high and angry ground that he took. OP needs to understand that it's probably too late now. Too many threats have been made in a situation in which he's the mouse and not the man. You're feeding off Rockstar and playing their game, sometimes for thousands of hours on their servers, and if they detect suspicious activity they will come down on you with a heavy axe, and now you've expressed exactly who is the 'boss, you can pretty much say goodbye to your GTA online account, revenue and progress.

And all that after having spent 3 thousand dollars on shark cards! Surely that type of consumer power should have taught you to act with more dignity?

Lonely-Martin
56 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

I said it before and I will say it again: PC is unfair, if you're legit that won't help you.

R* have guaranteed I'll never put a new game of their in my PC. Shocking really. Gaffa does so well to get info out for you guys. :)

Big_Jilm_1980
7 hours ago, Hécate-II said:

Maybe something else, or its completly random, idk. Whatever start by asking them to review your account, you can contact them via social club even if you cannot play Online during the suspension. 

I have. They say all suspension/ bans decisions are final and no review is allowed. 

Agent 14

The only thing i can't wrap my head around is that op is a pewdiepie fan and he's 40 years old... I can't make sense of it at all. 

And he actually thinks someone as self centered as pewdiepie actually cares about his issues with rockstar.

But op since you're so rich and wealthy buy a console and spend another 3 thousands dollars on shark cards. Most of your issues will be solved.

It shouldn't be a problem for you right?

Lonely-Martin

@Jenkiiii. Yeah, I can imagine he flipped a lid there, lol. To be fair, if I was banned unjustly, I'd be pissed of course. But knowing me, I'd definitely not try to seek a review for a day or two, lol.

There's a way to ask, and if it was like this, it really won't help to just threaten like that. Especially as chances are it's to a support staff member that you need to help push your case over to a higher tier etc.

Big_Jilm_1980
3 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

I've read through this thread and it's pretty interesting, but one thing I can't seem to do is sympathise with the OP! Normally when people have such problems I feel a sense that maybe they've been unjustly treated by Rockstar, but not in this case.

OP is a new forum member who rants at the neutral community as though they're his scourges in almost unintelligible English in places, and it's that lack of humbleness and rationale that concerns me. Imagine the way he ranted at Rockstar after his account was banned (for unknown reason, actually)? Not good, and I would love to be a fly on the wall at Rockstar offices in this case.

Things need to be taken into perspective, and if the account was incorrectly banned then the OP should have talked to Rockstar in a mature and less accusatory way, instead of the obvious high and angry ground that he took. OP needs to understand that it's probably too late now. Too many threats have been made in a situation in which he's the mouse and not the man. You're feeding off Rockstar and playing their game, sometimes for thousands of hours on their servers, and if they detect suspicious activity they will come down on you with a heavy axe, and now you've expressed exactly who is the 'boss, you can pretty much say goodbye to your GTA online account, revenue and progress.

And all that after having spent 3 thousand dollars on shark cards! Surely that type of consumer power should have taught you to act with more dignity?

I have calmed down a bit, but knowing that someone screwed you ot of 3k, or even 20$ wouldn't upset you ? Im new here because I've got my own group of friends i play with on facebook. I get what you mean, but you don't have to feel sympathy for me in this. I just wanted to tell people what's happening. I also don't take well to kids on here, it in real life telling a grown man how to spend his money. I come here for advice or help because this is the real deal forum. If people started at you with a tone of disrespect when you first join a community, wouldn't you be a bit upset ? Especially when gi joined that community over something pretty upsetting ? Im on my cell phone and my autospell sucks. Sorry it's hard to read. 

3 hours ago, Kiwi_91 said:

Unfortunately they don't have a working phone number anymore. Or at least one i could find. Thank you for this info. The problem at least for me,  is their email support now is all auto response copy n paste from their legal department about why people are banned. They did reset my whole character also with the first ban with no warning. I appreciate the feedback. 

9 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

And he actually thinks someone as self centered as pewdiepie actually cares about his issues with rockstar.

But op since you're so rich and wealthy buy a console and spend another 3 thousands dollars on shark cards. Most of your issues will be solved.

It shouldn't be a problem for you right?

I have seen 1pewdepie video in my life lol. I know he does gaming and he's got tons of subscribers. Also i don't want a ps4 or xbox. I use steam and only play 4 games. Im am old dude who likes what i like. 

Jenkiiii
11 minutes ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I have calmed down a bit, but knowing that someone screwed you ot of 3k, or even 20$ wouldn't upset you ? Im new here because I've got my own group of friends i play with on facebook. I get what you mean, but you don't have to feel sympathy for me in this. I just wanted to tell people what's happening. I also don't take well to kids on here, it in real life telling a grown man how to spend his money. I come here for advice or help because this is the real deal forum. If people started at you with a tone of disrespect when you first join a community, wouldn't you be a bit upset ? Especially when gi joined that community over something pretty upsetting ? Im on my cell phone and my autospell sucks. Sorry it's hard to read. 

I sympathise with you more now than I did 20 minutes ago, and I also understand that trying to communicate with a wide demographic of ages and life-experience on an Internet forum can be difficult - some of these people will tell you to go and f* yourself as though it's daily chit-chat, but I also suspect you may have said something similar to Rockstar? All you can now do is backtrack, accept you're not in control of the situation, and apologise/grovel to Rockstar, ask them please to re-evaluate your case. I know that's going to be hard because of the 3k spent in shark cards, but if you want your account, money and in-game status back, that's the only way you're going to get it.

Edited by Jenkiiii

Big_Jilm_1980
19 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

It begins... Lol.

By all means of course, folk do what they want with their cash. Never one to say otherwise really. But once someone gives it 'Lord of the manor' about their wealth, I lose all interest in them TBH. Never liked that attitude IRL.

The cost of cards never bothered me, I never planned to buy them. But I get that to many, a few thousand $/£ IRL is nothing too, I could have bought many if I felt they were reasonable to me, but that's beside the point.

My concerns are things like this where it's clear R* just don't give two sh*ts as they assume things will just keep on making them money, and it does too. That's the issue I have with how this DLC comes via optional cash purchases. The impact is clear in game, and R* can release crap or make things like Arena War progression a real grind, sh*tty research etc that the minority likes/pays for, while R* calls those that choose to play freeloaders and see them as a 'problem to solve', lol. A big ol' circle jerk really. For if all these DLC's came and were charged like old (GTA IV/RDR's etc), if players don't like where it's headed, we choose not to further pay to support it all and the next DLC draws less money and so on. R* aren't held to offer quality content like we know they can and run this game on the cheap too. And we end up clucking for a good 2x week so the gaming becomes what it should be more. Casual gaming.

My thoughts, though learned a fair bit from here too mind. Peace out guys. :)

Im not more wealthy than most Americans who work for a living , but having a 20 year old kid, or younger person, tell you goode to spend your money, it's au way more annoying then it seems. I explained so maybe the kid would think again before questioning an adult on how they spend their money. My years on earth have given me the right to do that. When i came on here the wound was still fresh. I didn't mean to come off as pompous jerk. I am anything but that irl. Just had a really bad week here on this subject. 

Just now, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

Im not more wealthy than most Americans who work for a living , but having a 20 year old kid, or younger person, tell you goode to spend your money, it's au way more annoying then it seems. I explained so maybe the kid would think again before questioning an adult on how they spend their money. My years on earth have given me the right to do that. When i came on here the wound was still fresh. I didn't mean to come off as pompous jerk. I am anything but that irl. Just had a really bad week here on this subject. 

My son is almost 20 ****

5 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

I sympathise with you more now than I did 20 minutes ago, and I also understand that trying to communicate with a wide demographic of ages and life-experience on an Internet forum can be difficult - some of these people will tell you to go and f* yourself as though it's daily chit-chat, but I also suspect you may have said something similar to Rockstar? All you can now do is backtrack, accept you're not in control of the situation, and apologise/grovel to Rockstar, ask them please to re-evaluate your case. I know that's going to be hard because of the 3k spent in shark cards, but if you want your account, money and in-game status back, that's the only way you're going to get it.

Yes your correct lol. I did say a lot of things i probably shouldn't have to the rstar folks. Only after the 4th support ticket with copy n paste message if why generically people are banned then shut them down without a way to respond, yes i did. I did however write the ceo explaining how i apologized for my anger with his staff, but i just felt like no one was listening or trying to help. 

Tranquility Base Hotel

My years on earth have given me the right to do that.

lol

hei3enberg
1 minute ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

I explained so maybe the kid would think again before questioning an adult on how they spend their money. My years on earth have given me the right to do that.

@Jenkiiii is 50 AFAIK

@Lonely-Martin is way over 35 I'm pretty sure of that

@Hécate-II and I are around 30 just as @Quinn_flower

@Gridl0k is in his 40 if I'm correct.

Thing is, a lot of us are not kids, but your attitude is borderline troll/ entitled. I understand that R* can annoy people, I do. But seriously, posts like I'm rich and 'My years on earth have given me the right to do that' are not really cool. One can be old AND stupid, thanks to access to medicine and clean water (#1 killer actually according to UN).

I've never cared about the age of the posters and barely used term kids to describe 20 something people IRL, because some of them are rocking Ph.D degrees and working for think tanks. 

Lonely-Martin
25 minutes ago, Big_Jilm_1980 said:

All due respect, most commenting here aren't kids either, but I get ya. We choose to spend how we want, I get that. And I fully understand it's something that could impact your week too, I know the feeling of losing my old gen account from mod menu abuse there too. I was probably as annoyed, launched my control pad too, lol. (Silly I know).

Hopefully you can get good fortune from R* but from what I've read on here at times, it really is just luck as R* are very cold when it comes to these bans. Many have suggested they should at least offer a simple review but as yet, no joy really. Just gotta try and be positive in showing those you speak to from R* support in order to hopefully gain understanding from their end. Good luck though as it is a shame to end your gaming here this way. :)

@hei3enberg. Close, lol. 37 years young, only just over. :) (Going grey though, uugh. 🤣).

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Hécate-II

You can be Ex-Navy Seal with over 300 confirmed kills, R* Support employees will trash you if you're not urban with them or sound psychotic.

(threatening me with some PewDiePie videos would be a guaranted perma-insta-ban if I was R* Support Tiers 3)

Agent 14

I'm 29 no kid here. But your initial attitude especially the I'm rich wealthy and the get a job or a better job bit and then threatening them with youtubers like PDP made you sound like self entitled 13 year old brat. 

As someone mentioned before. You better apologize and try to talk things out with them if you want all that back. Maybe you should call them and ask to be passed to a supervisor since I think the process may take less than waiting for an email reply from them.

Edited by Agent 14