4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Stupidis

Reporting griefers - is it worth it?

GTP_Monkey
5 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I may be wrong but I think if you have higher honor you have less of a chance of getting targeted in those. they need to fix it tho, like if they come after you and you kill them it should end not keep giving them chances

Wrong im afraid ive got my honor smack bang at the top and it has been up there 95% of my online experience and ive been targeted at least 30 times 

Chrismads
On 1/22/2019 at 4:22 PM, BUT THE BENZ said:

when I do a stranger mission I am basically waving my arms and say f*ck ALL YOU PEOPLE I WANNA DO MISSIONS ON MY OWN, ALONE, THIS MAP IS SO BIG, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE AND LEAVE ME TO IT!

the mechanic only informs you of my doing a mission, noone tells you it is mandatory though to f*ck with my sh*t, that's just assholes being assholes.

so again, "parley" during missions, why the f*ck not!?

Would RDO be fun for you just stealing a wagon, shooting 8 very easy lawmen, and wait 15 minutes at the drop zone? 

I almost always interfere with other players stranger missions. Its the most fun you get in this game atm, both attacking and defending, and if people don't wanna pvp they can go do story missions. Also its easy money blowing up your wagon.

Semaj 2JZ♢
44 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Would RDO be fun for you just stealing a wagon, shooting 8 very easy lawmen, and wait 15 minutes at the drop zone? 

I almost always interfere with other players stranger missions. Its the most fun you get in this game atm, both attacking and defending, and if people don't wanna pvp they can go do story missions. Also its easy money blowing up your wagon.

Same could be said for those who want to just do PvP, "go do showdown series or gun rush". So, not a valid argument.

Chrismads
1 hour ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Same could be said for those who want to just do PvP, "go do showdown series or gun rush". So, not a valid argument.

Still a valid argument as I don't want "just pvp"

And you know you're not the king of what argument is valid or not. 

And I do agree that if you want just pvp, showdowns would be the place to go.

Stranger missions is a nice break from just hunting and fishing. They are intended to be competitive. Therefore, if you dont want competition, dont play stranger missions

RedDeadNedKelly

The moment you start a stranger mission you are volunteering for free roam pvp. If you want to do them solo, start them in an isolated area or an empty state/county. Griefers won’t travel large distances to mess with you and most stranger missions are over in five minutes. Once you’re in the safe zone near the drop off you can’t be messed with and can let the timer run down at your leisure for maximum payout.

Otherwise, stop being wallflowers and posse up. This game is f*cking awesome when you roll in a posse and another posse has a crack at you. The challenge increases exponentially when you’re going toe to toe with other humans as opposed to the deadsh*t AI (Oh look red dots on the map, headshot x3, jeez that was hard). Plus the rewards are greater if you get attacked and complete the mission.

IamCourtney
11 hours ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Same could be said for those who want to just do PvP, "go do showdown series or gun rush". So, not a valid 

If I wanted some individual match-based gunshooting gameplay then there are many other titles I'd pick before RDO. I'm here for the Free Roam melting pot where PvE and PvP are seamlessly mixed and open-ended. Going from a quiet hunting trip to chasing down and stealing a delivery wagon that happens to pass by to a multi-state running gun battle with the posse I swiped it from to a bit of fishing to wind down once the smoke clears isn't remotely the same sort of experience as moving from match to match in Showdown Series.

FreeMaxB585
16 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Wrong im afraid ive got my honor smack bang at the top and it has been up there 95% of my online experience and ive been targeted at least 30 times 

Yea I know its possible. I just have noticed that if you have a low honor gang you have a higher % chance of being chosen

20 hours ago, Faceplant8 said:

My honor is usually maxed or near maxed, since I hunt alot. I've only been targeted 3 times, so that might be true. I don't have any other data points to go on.

The first two times weren't so bad. The first one was kind of funny, since I ran into Fort Wallace looking for a good defensive position, and didn't know at the time that the soldiers don't like that. They ended up killing me first!

The second time I was with my posse, so it was more of a fair fight, but this last time made me pretty mad.

My posses honor is very high as well and have gotten chosen a couple times. I just think if you have high honor you have a less likely chance. I have noticed on servers of just being curious when I see it its usually a low honor gang targeted, the times my posse was chosen I would look at the server and every other gang had high honor as well

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Yea I know its possible. I just have noticed that if you have a low honor gang you have a higher % chance of being chosen

My posses honor is very high as well and have gotten chosen a couple times. I just think if you have high honor you have a less likely chance. I have noticed on servers of just being curious when I see it its usually a low honor gang targeted, the times my posse was chosen I would look at the server and every other gang had high honor as well

Your wrong as stated ive been targeted over 30 times in less than 50 real life days and ive been maxed out on honor 99% of that time only went low to do 2 story missions 2nd day i played online 

FreeMaxB585
27 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Your wrong as stated ive been targeted over 30 times in less than 50 real life days and ive been maxed out on honor 99% of that time only went low to do 2 story missions 2nd day i played online 

Ok? I never said you were a liar. I never said if you have high honor you will never get targeted. Should go reread what i actually said. But whatever I will say it again. (and I will also state again its just a theory on my personal experience) that if you have high honor you have a LESS LIKELY chance of being targeted. But if you are on a server with all high honor posses obviously it will go to someone. I have noticed tho that when I see someone get it on my servers it usually ends up being a posse with low honor. never said it was a fact just what I noticed. I have some friends in a low honor posse who get targeted all the time, but when I play it does happen to me but I have noticed a low honor posse has a better chance of being selected. Just my theory tho on what ive noticed, not a fact by any means

Ektope

Doesn't the player that is closest to the mission starter, they get targeted?

GTP_Monkey
8 hours ago, Ektope said:

Doesn't the player that is closest to the mission starter, they get targeted?

That was the common reason we all thought but a few days ago Sean gave us an Assiaination and i sent my mate to there nearest person whilst i was in the cut scene and it turned out to be the 2nd nearest who hoped on nearest railway and escaped. Plus we later found out as soon as the Assignation is triggered and you go into cut scene the Assasinee is given early warning so they can start there escape whilst your stuck in cut scene as you dont get the name till the end of cut scene 

That69Guy

Griefer this griefer that.  You shoot at me unprovoked and I spend the next 10 minutes showing you why that wasn't a good idea I'm a griefer. If I'm in a town shootout and I see a pink dot coming at me full speed and I shoot it realising that his horse has carcasses after the fact I'm a griefer. I like pvp I'm a griefer. I think people need Sthu with this griefer bs. I'm a asshole because I play the game I paid for my way.  And they are victims because they can't play the game they paid for their way.  Then there's the griefer hunters.  Bunch of lames who love killing as much as everyone else but disguise it as they are doing a good deed.  Let's go bait people into killing us so that we can grief them with a justification. Rockstar just give these whiny kids a private lobby please. End of rant. 

Fugitive21
1 hour ago, That69Guy said:

Griefer this griefer that.  You shoot at me unprovoked and I spend the next 10 minutes showing you why that wasn't a good idea I'm a griefer. If I'm in a town shootout and I see a pink dot coming at me full speed and I shoot it realising that his horse has carcasses after the fact I'm a griefer. I like pvp I'm a griefer. I think people need Sthu with this griefer bs. I'm a asshole because I play the game I paid for my way.  And they are victims because they can't play the game they paid for their way.  Then there's the griefer hunters.  Bunch of lames who love killing as much as everyone else but disguise it as they are doing a good deed.  Let's go bait people into killing us so that we can grief them with a justification. Rockstar just give these whiny kids a private lobby please. End of rant. 

Give them a private lobby for what? If they are not going to PVP why do they need to level, upgrade guns or use of money? In a private lobby?

The starter guns are plenty enough for NON-pvp lobby.

This whole game is meant for PVP...as many have stated it's the dam wild wild west. What you did in story mode as Arthur is what people are doing online. Arthur shot up 4 towns and killed innocent people....It's the same crap we are doing in online mode.

Storymode we have to deal with random people killing us anywhere in the map. Sometimes more than once going from Valentine to Saint Denis.

I don't care who bitches and moans at me if you dont like online PVP stay in storymode. The online version was meant for open world PVP. Plain and simple.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Fugitive21 said:

Give them a private lobby for what?

Co-op with friends. Can't in story mode.

If they are not going to PVP why do they need to level, upgrade guns or use of money? In a private lobby?

Clothes and other cosmetics, obviously. Level locked too.

This whole game is meant for PVP...

...and yet, R* added PvE co-op missions, lol.

You made that easy. 🤣🤠

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.

That69Guy

Give them a private lobby for what? If they are not going to PVP why do they need to level, upgrade guns or use of money? In a private lobby?

This whole game is meant for PVP...as many have stated it's the dam wild wild west. What you did in story mode as Arthur is what people are doing online. Arthur shot up 4 towns and killed innocent people....It's the same crap we are doing in online mode.

Storymode we have to deal with random people killing us anywhere in the map. Sometimes more than once going from Valentine to Saint Denis.

I don't care who bitches and moans at me if you dont like online PVP stay in storymode. The online version was meant for open world PVP. Plain and simple.

Agree 1000%. I say give them a private lobby because it will avoid the changes that are going to be made to accommodate these players.  More cops and shut bounty systems in a unstable game is not the solution Imho. The lag and possible bugs and glitched that can come from that can hurt the game more than it can fix it.  So give them their private lobby and maybe the unnecessary report spam can end.  

Dr.Rosenthal

I would love to see a better functioning bounty system, and anyone who’s into PvP would agree. If you play this game for PvP, wouldn’t you like other players chasing after you, being on the run and having a good reason to go up against equally skilled players?

Sad fact is that a lot of players who claim to be into PvP are actually into the business of having unfair advantages, or killing friendly or less skilled players for their own amusement. That’s not PvP, that’s called ”ruining someone elses gameplay”.

Anyone into PvP would embrace more focus on bounties and gameplay that ties in with law/outlaw skirmishes.

netnow66

I say report bullying griefers within Red Dead and block them on your system also.

We have to keep in mind that we are still in beta, however, so there may be limits to what will be done until the game officially launches.

Rockstar itself has claimed two things that are important to me:

"We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone. Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior"

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online

"Explore the world solo or with friends."

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

If Rockstar's interest is really to keep the game "fun and fair" while allowing soloers, it sounds as if the bushwhacking, backstabbing bullies will be addressed. But, as I said, this is still beta. I'm hoping for PvE servers eventually to stay separate from certain types of players.

Even so, when I submit feedback to Rockstar (which I highly recommend that you do if you find griefing a problem https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback), I kind of remind them what they said in the quotes above and restate my wish for PvE servers.

In the meantime, I say report and block the cowards whenever you can. If their behavior is "working as intended," there would be no need for Rockstar to claim anti griefing measures are going to be implemented or to make "fun and fair" statements in their quotes.

That69Guy
6 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I would love to see a better functioning bounty system, and anyone who’s into PvP would agree. If you play this game for PvP, wouldn’t you like other players chasing after you, being on the run and having a good reason to go up against equally skilled players?

Sad fact is that a lot of players who claim to be into PvP are actually into the business of having unfair advantages, or killing friendly or less skilled players for their own amusement. That’s not PvP, that’s called ”ruining someone elses gameplay”.

Anyone into PvP would embrace more focus on bounties and gameplay that ties in with law/outlaw skirmishes.

That sound kinda fun.  But let's be honest Rockstar idea of a bounty system will be focus on draining your money rather than make it fun and immersive. And about pvp players who are in the business of having unfair advantages, they are the true griefers. Me and my posse are out there looking for a challenge not a bunch of low level player to spawn kill in order to feel better about our insecurities. We are 2 different entities and will appreciate not being stereotyped or categorized with these sh*tty players. That was the point I was trying to make in my rant. 

areyouchappin
On 1/25/2019 at 2:24 AM, GTP_Monkey said:

Plus we later found out as soon as the Assignation is triggered and you go into cut scene the Assasinee is given early warning so they can start there escape whilst your stuck in cut scene as you dont get the name till the end of cut scene 

I have been selected only a few times but I have never been killed by an Assassination mission. I always go the opposite way from the player/posse and run the timer out lol. This Assassin mission is useless to me. I would never start one because of how easy it is for the victim to flee and simply drain the clock.

Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, That69Guy said:

That sound kinda fun.  But let's be honest Rockstar idea of a bounty system will be focus on draining your money rather than make it fun and immersive. And about pvp players who are in the business of having unfair advantages, they are the true griefers. Me and my posse are out there looking for a challenge not a bunch of low level player to spawn kill in order to feel better about our insecurities. We are 2 different entities and will appreciate not being stereotyped or categorized with these sh*tty players. That was the point I was trying to make in my rant. 

I can respect that. Proper PvP players are getting a bit of a raw deal as those that need the cheap shots and many that don't want PvP are getting a bit bitter at times. Of course, how do you know of a player 'over there' does or doesn't want some PvP freemode fun, lol. 

At least with invite lobbies, those in a regular session like it is now that you do approach are much more likely to embrace the PvP you may be seeking. (Not to assume you are always looking for it or anything mind you).

In my opinion, the 2 playerbases just can't mix without a lot of this current fallout/chaos.

Same for freeaim players, those are up against auto aimers. Means autoaimers are looked down on by some, or finding it easy to see a freeaim player just up against it all too often. It's all just a bloody mess, lol. :)

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
On 1/21/2019 at 7:17 AM, Smokewood said:

I don't kill people when they fish, in fact I don't really like pvp at all, but to say that it's griefing is a joke.

I hear story mode is peaceful. 

not griefing, sorry

Your problem is that you're smoking the wrong substance.😁