Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Stupidis

Reporting griefers - is it worth it?

Recommended Posts

Dr.Rosenthal

@BUT THE BENZ That’s a very different situation, though. If you start up a Stranger mission you’re basically waving your arms to all players in session, saying ”I dare you all to come and attack me!” - it’s built into the whole mechanic.

 

(Generally, on this whole topic:)

However, if I come across someone fishing by himself by a lake, he obviously doesn’t want a fight. I can shoot him in the back while he has no way of knowing where I am, but I wouldn’t make up excuses about that being ”how the wild west was like”, or ”gg this is a PvP game carebear” (which is silly). That behavior makes me an idiot who just wants an unfair advantage, and someone who takes pleasure in creating grief for an opponent via various cheap tactics (see definition above if you need to be reminded). It’s not difficult to understand.. I agree to there being a faint odor of troll in here..

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vik2390

Need to cooperate, not to perpetrate. Shame, so many folks denied to realise it. United we can make more money, than separated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal
8 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

I subscribe to the Hassle Doctrine: if you interfere with my activities I will farm as much XP off of you as I can. And sometimes vengeance is it's own reward :)

 

100% agree with this. If you’re friendly to me, I’ll back you up. But if you shoot at me, you’re dead meat.

 

The other day someone shot at my friend from the roof of the Tumbleweed saloon, so we both started killing him and his buddy mercilessly, and after maybe 5 kills of each of them, my buddy went into gamechat, upon which the dude said he ”shot by mistake”. Yeah right.

 

It didn’t last long though because shortly after we got targeted for Posse Assassination by another posse, so we rode towards Armadillo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ
32 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@BUT THE BENZ That’s a very different situation, though. If you start up a Stranger mission you’re basically waving your arms to all players in session, saying ”I dare you all to come and attack me!” - it’s built into the whole mechanic.

when I do a stranger mission I am basically waving my arms and say f*ck ALL YOU PEOPLE I WANNA DO MISSIONS ON MY OWN, ALONE, THIS MAP IS SO BIG, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE AND LEAVE ME TO IT!

the mechanic only informs you of my doing a mission, noone tells you it is mandatory though to f*ck with my sh*t, that's just assholes being assholes.

so again, "parley" during missions, why the f*ck not!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal
21 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

when I do a stranger mission I am basically waving my arms and say f*ck ALL YOU PEOPLE I WANNA DO MISSIONS ON MY OWN, ALONE, THIS MAP IS SO BIG, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE AND LEAVE ME TO IT!

the mechanic only informs you of my doing a mission, noone tells you it is mandatory though to f*ck with my sh*t, that's just assholes being assholes.

so again, "parley" during missions, why the f*ck not!?

 

I honestly don’t know man, you’ll have to ask R* that but there’s obviously a competitive element built into the mechanic, otherwise it simply wouldn’t notify anyone at all. And people will get XP and awards for attacking other people’s jobs, that’s just the way it is. Personally I’d probably ignore you unless you’d attacked me prior to starting the mission, so I agree with you in a way - but it still feels weird to me if we’d be able to parley during a mission which in R*’s minds is supposed to have a level of competition to it. What would be the point of Mail Delivery if I could just parley with anyone who tried coming after me, you know?

 

Edit/addition: And, more importantly, as @ALifeOfMisery said below, how would you get the mail back if you parleyed with your aggressor? Wouldn’t make sense.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnpolo

Save your time and just join a new lobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
8 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

when I do a stranger mission I am basically waving my arms and say f*ck ALL YOU PEOPLE I WANNA DO MISSIONS ON MY OWN, ALONE, THIS MAP IS SO BIG, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE AND LEAVE ME TO IT!

But in reality, as @Dr.Rosenthal says, you're basically inviting someone to come f*ck with you. I'd prefer if that wasn't the way things are, hell, I'd prefer to be in a lobby alone or with a handful of friends, but it is what it is, for better or worse.

 

10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

so again, "parley" during missions, why the f*ck not!?

One reason I can think of would be that if I start a Stranger mission, get killed, then parley, the player who killed me can be off with my wagon, or whatever, before I even respawn and then I have no way of attempting to get it back off them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
2 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

I subscribe to the Hassle Doctrine: if you interfere with my activities I will farm as much XP off of you as I can. And sometimes vengeance is it's own reward :)

Farm exp?

Not even worth the time.  Gold, Money, and Exp...need all at once.  And if not all at once, than Gold & Money take precedence.  

but hey, to each their own.  some people enjoy worthless exp :p

 

1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

 

I honestly don’t know man, you’ll have to ask R* that but there’s obviously a competitive element built into the mechanic, otherwise it simply wouldn’t notify anyone at all. And people will get XP and awards for attacking other people’s jobs, that’s just the way it is. Personally I’d probably ignore you unless you’d attacked me prior to starting the mission, so I agree with you in a way - but it still feels weird to me if we’d be able to parley during a mission which in R*’s minds is supposed to have a level of competition to it. What would be the point of Mail Delivery if I could just parley with anyone who tried coming after me, you know?

 

Edit/addition: And, more importantly, as @ALifeOfMisery said below, how would you get the mail back if you parleyed with your aggressor? Wouldn’t make sense.

I only believe in the competitive mechanic IF the benefit of fighting is actually worth it.

Mail bag missions?  Yeh, definitely worth it because each delivery is worth a bit, and the final delivery of a bag is worth more.  So you're actually making money.

This is why I'm on the "United Against R* Mechanics" because unless you're making money - there is no benefit and no sense go after people doing jobs.  This is why I never f***ed with people in GTA:O.  I could get in my chopper or my bike and ransack the sh*t out of your convey, solo....or I could actually be productive.  

RDRO actually lets you make serious coin challenging people on the stranger missions.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

Enh, I still have plenty of levelling left to do for myself and my cards so XP still has good value in that regard, and the treasure maps we get every 5 levels are sort of an XP -> Gold & $$$ conversion. Plus it's just fun to brawl over some bullsh*t from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
3 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

I subscribe to the Hassle Doctrine: if you interfere with my activities I will farm as much XP off of you as I can. And sometimes vengeance is it's own reward :)

I'm with you here.  I'm a friendly player.  I'm more about doing my thing on my own or helping friends.  I try to give other players the benefit of the doubt where my friends and maybe a lot of other people wouldn't.  BUT if you attack me or my friends unprovoked I will retaliate.  I never fire the first shot, unless you pull your weapon out first. I usually only return the favor once or twice, but some people just need to be taught a lesson sometimes, not often but it happens. And yes, I have actually become the griefer teaching a griefer a lesson, just ask the two people who kept throwing dynamite and moltovs in my camp yesterday for no reason.  Both of them were run out of the lobby, parlays couldn't save them....I'm a patient man ;) It was quite unfair, but that's what they get.

Edited by Jlindstead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
On 1/22/2019 at 6:41 AM, Smokewood said:

It's normal in this game to kill you when i see you regardless of what you are doing.

So you're being griefed when you let someone pass without shooting them? That's a good one!

 

I'm honestly curious what benefit/pleasure you get out of killing a player that's minding his own business. It's not a challenge. If anything, it makes you seem cowardly and immature, and it doesn't give you any meaningful benefit that you couldn't get in many other ways. What's the point? What do you get out of it that's worth ruining someone else's game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
2 hours ago, Faceplant8 said:

So you're being griefed when you let someone pass without shooting them? That's a good one!

 

I'm honestly curious what benefit/pleasure you get out of killing a player that's minding his own business. It's not a challenge. If anything, it makes you seem cowardly and immature, and it doesn't give you any meaningful benefit that you couldn't get in many other ways. What's the point? What do you get out of it that's worth ruining someone else's game?

 

If I don't shot first, you will... that's my experience.

 

What do I get? It's fun and I assume everyone who is playing RDO is ready for PvP at any time.

I don't need the game to give me a challenge, not interested.

Cowardly - I don't see it. 

Immature - it's a video game.

Meaning benefit - It's fun - I play for fun, not to create a dynasty.

The point - It's fun.

Ruining your game? What game do you think you are playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
5 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

If I don't shot first, you will... that's my experience.

That's just because you think everyone is like you, but my experience is that most players are not griefers. Unfortunately it only takes one to ruin your day.

5 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

What do I get? It's fun and I assume everyone who is playing RDO is ready for PvP at any time.

I don't need the game to give me a challenge, not interested.

Cowardly - I don't see it. 

Immature - it's a video game.

Meaning benefit - It's fun - I play for fun, not to create a dynasty.

The point - It's fun.

Ruining your game? What game do you think you are playing?

You assume wrong. What game do you think you're playing? Just because you have a gun and there are other players doesn't mean that you have to shoot them. If you took time to look around you would see others participating in many more activities.

 

Saying "it's fun" doesn'tt answer my question. What aspect of it is fun? Making people mad? Some pent up homicidal lust? How is shooting a non-threatening player any more fun than shooting an NPC?

 

Cowardly? "If I don't shot first, you will."

 

Immature? "It's fun"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
1 minute ago, Faceplant8 said:

That's just because you think everyone is like you, but my experience is that most players are not griefers. Unfortunately it only takes one to ruin your day.

You assume wrong. What game do you think you're playing? Just because you have a gun and there are other players doesn't mean that you have to shoot them. If you took time to look around you would see others participating in many more activities.

 

Saying "it's fun" doesn'tt answer my question. What aspect of it is fun? Making people mad? Some pent up homicidal lust? How is shooting a non-threatening player any more fun than shooting an NPC?

 

Cowardly? "If I don't shot first, you will."

 

Immature? "It's fun"

Hard to define fun, but it's just a game... the real question is - why does it bother you?

I mean it IS an open world free for all PvP game...

Is killing you in battlefield griefing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
On 1/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, butchcassidy-rdr said:

Too many players run solo. You have to realize in this game or even GTAO, playing in groups & communicating is very important. United you are strong, divided (solo) you gonna get your a** whooped, especially when RDO EWO mechanics suck. I have a small community going of mature players who like doing hunting/missions & fight the griefers. If anyone wants to be part of it feel free to PM me or message me on my psn: butchcassidy-rdr

I do get your point, but weather alone or with a team of players, I just have zero interest in freemode killing, lol.

 

I enjoy co-op and solo play both, both are out there, but often it's that one that has to shoot unsuspecting players just to stiffen their virtual peckers that bores the crap out of me. 

 

Hence, new session. But I got so bored of consistently doing even that. So I pass on the game knowing it's just not a game for me right now. I do wish R* would make their minds up pronto though and we not wait 'months' to learn if PvE is to be fully enabled here. I'd like to play, but it wasted too much time between the 8 true PvE jobs we got to sieve through the PvP I dislike too much.

 

We'll find out one day of course, but if they take that long, much of the playerbase might move on and not return, and then co-op PvE dies out anyway because too many just gave up. Especially the many that saw GTA:O turn into a bit of a fiasco, lol. Would be a huge waste of potential, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Hard to define fun, but it's just a game... the real question is - why does it bother you?

Because I'm here for the PvE, and not to be your entertainment. Trouble is, if someone wants to, you're forced to play their game.

 

I just don't want to, it's that simple. Piss in a PvP players cereal instead and get your game of it is how I see that. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling/wording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
1 minute ago, Smokewood said:

Hard to define fun, but it's just a game... the real question is - why does it bother you?

I mean it IS an open world free for all PvP game...

Is killing you in battlefield griefing?

"why does it bother you?" What a stupid question...

 

This is not CoD, and there is no battlefield. There isn't even a way to keep score in free roam. Saying that it's simply a "free for all PvP game" is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Faceplant8 said:

"why does it bother you?" What a stupid question...

 

This is not CoD, and there is no battlefield. There isn't even a way to keep score in free roam. Saying that it's simply a "free for all PvP game" is ridiculous.

Certainly is when there is PvE content in the game, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
42 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Because I'm here for the PvE, and not to be your entertainment. Trouble is, if someone wants to, you're forced to play their game.

 

I just don't want to, it's that simple. Piss in a PvP players cereal instead and get your game of it is how I see that. :)

There is no way for a player to know if another player is going to attack or not.

 

 

39 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

"why does it bother you?" What a stupid question...

No it isn't.... 

 

You guys don't get.

I would rather play on a PvE server 95% of the time too, but they don't exist.

I don't like it when someone kills me either, but it's not griefing because these are the rules of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

There is no way for a player to know if another player is going to attack or not.

And there lies the problem. PvE and PvP just don't mix. But clever ol' R* are forcing players to clash over playstyle. It's weak game making, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And there lies the problem. PvE and PvP just don't mix. But clever ol' R* are forcing players to clash over playstyle. It's weak game making, IMO. 

you are right... so until they do it's pvp or nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

you are right... so until they do it's pvp or nothing

Yeah. Saddens me to admit and just makes it easier for me to call it a bad game. I just don't like Fortnite or COD types of games. I loved R* games for offering me good role playing experiences, but seems that GTA:O is the unicorn of it all going forward. Ahh well, we'll see where it all goes. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
4 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

There is no way for a player to know if another player is going to attack or not.

 

And who's fault is that... You're making a circular argument.

 

4 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

No it isn't.... 

 

You guys don't get.

I would rather play on a PvE server 95% of the time too, but they don't exist.

I don't like it when someone kills me either, but it's not griefing because these are the rules of this game.

You just answered your own question, so I rest my case.

 

You're trying to act like the victim when you're the problem. I don't think you're fooling anyone here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
11 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

And who's fault is that... You're making a circular argument.

 

You just answered your own question, so I rest my case.

 

You're trying to act like the victim when you're the problem. I don't think you're fooling anyone here.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM

Its a pvp free for all game..

You are in denial my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
4 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

THERE IS NO PROBLEM

Its a pvp free for all game..

You are in denial my friend.

Now you're just trolling.

 

You just said: "I would rather play on a PvE server 95% of the time too". If this is simply "a pvp free for all game", why would you want PvE servers?

 

Repeating illogical statements doesn't make them any more true, although it does seem to be a sign of the times these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
1 minute ago, Faceplant8 said:

Now you're just trolling.

 

You just said: "I would rather play on a PvE server 95% of the time too". If this is simply "a pvp free for all game", why would you want PvE servers?

 

Repeating illogical statements doesn't make them any more true, although it does seem to be a sign of the times these days.

because I would rather play a pve version of RDO 95% of the time... duh

however

IT DOESN'T EXIST

Hello? Is anyone home? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL
On 1/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, BUT THE BENZ said:

when I do a stranger mission I am basically waving my arms and say f*ck ALL YOU PEOPLE I WANNA DO MISSIONS ON MY OWN, ALONE, THIS MAP IS SO BIG, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE AND LEAVE ME TO IT!

the mechanic only informs you of my doing a mission, noone tells you it is mandatory though to f*ck with my sh*t, that's just assholes being assholes.

so again, "parley" during missions, why the f*ck not!?

It’s the people who attack me on a mission and then just blow the cart up that piss me off. By all means try and steal it and finish the mission yourself for XP and cash but what is the point of that? It’s just another form of griefing. Then once you’ve killed them they literally spawn like 20 metres away and immediately start attacking you again. 

 

I had had one guy keep killing me when I was trying to deliver a prisoner. But wouldn’t pick up the prisoner himself and finish the mission. 

 

And whats with getting more XP the closer you are to time running out? Surely it should be the other way round. Some missions like locating the carts give you 20 minutes and your done in about 5-10 and have to stand around waiting for 10 minutes waiting to get a decent amount of XP else you’d get a measly 150 XP or something. I’ve been in posse’s and drove the cart to right outside the drop off point and got off and waited because there’s ages left and then a member of my posse just gets on and immediately finishes the mission. Try to message to tell them how it works but their profile is set to private. Annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8

 

6 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

It’s the people who attack me on a mission and then just blow the cart up that piss me off. By all means try and steal it and finish the mission yourself for XP and cash but what is the point of that? It’s just another form of griefing. Then once you’ve killed them they literally spawn like 20 metres away and immediately start attacking you again. 

What's worse than that is assassination missions. The other day I spent quite a bit of time dragging a cart across the map, avoiding griefers, just to be hit with an assassination mission. Suddenly I'm in a mad dash to keep away from 4 other players. I got the timer down to 30 seconds, but finally got killed and lost all that effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin

If you are going to report a player, use the in-game Report menu and then open up the player's gamercard and report them on Xbox Live or PSN as well. Don't forget to block and/or mute them too, that way you never have to worry about that player ever again whether the report worked or not.

 

I'm assuming eventually Badsport lobbies will be created, but the way R* is acting, who fking knows what's going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
On 1/21/2019 at 2:47 PM, Smokewood said:

The entire game is a waste of time in the grand scheme of things... why are they losers and you aren't? 

Two links to made up definitions....

Obviously those definitions are not complete.

BTW, I asked you to define NORMAL.

 

so you never add people to your friends list after a good back and forth?

 

Man, I have met some really great guys and girls just adding people after we kill each other...

Most of the time, they are people just like me... enjoying a game.

Sometimes they are clueless asswipes, and they get deleted.

 

You are coming off very moronic no offense. Yes killing someone while they are fishing or shopping is a waste of time. because you dont get any XP hardly, lose honor. just overall get NOTHING from it. while you could be doing missions or actually killing people who are trying to do missions where there is something to gain

1 hour ago, Faceplant8 said:

 

What's worse than that is assassination missions. The other day I spent quite a bit of time dragging a cart across the map, avoiding griefers, just to be hit with an assassination mission. Suddenly I'm in a mad dash to keep away from 4 other players. I got the timer down to 30 seconds, but finally got killed and lost all that effort.

 

I may be wrong but I think if you have higher honor you have less of a chance of getting targeted in those. they need to fix it tho, like if they come after you and you kill them it should end not keep giving them chances

3 hours ago, Smokewood said:

There is no way for a player to know if another player is going to attack or not.

 

 

No it isn't.... 

 

You guys don't get.

I would rather play on a PvE server 95% of the time too, but they don't exist.

I don't like it when someone kills me either, but it's not griefing because these are the rules of this game.

 

Eventually you will just be out on a server with all other losers. I bet you feel like a badass shooting someone in the back when they are fishing or standing still. And keep doing it. Its one thing if they are doing a mission and you get something out of it

Edited by FreeMaxB585

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8
34 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I may be wrong but I think if you have higher honor you have less of a chance of getting targeted in those. they need to fix it tho, like if they come after you and you kill them it should end not keep giving them chances

My honor is usually maxed or near maxed, since I hunt alot. I've only been targeted 3 times, so that might be true. I don't have any other data points to go on.

 

The first two times weren't so bad. The first one was kind of funny, since I ran into Fort Wallace looking for a good defensive position, and didn't know at the time that the soldiers don't like that. They ended up killing me first!

 

The second time I was with my posse, so it was more of a fair fight, but this last time made me pretty mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.