3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HisNameIsMilad

GTA IV XBOX 360 VS PS3

HisNameIsMilad

Which provides a better performance over all ? I heard Xbox has some pop in problems but runs @720p and has a better frame rate with 2xAA whatever that means lol 

whats your opinion? 

Please let’s not start a war and I would prefer a professional opinion from someone who may possibly owned both consoles please 

American Venom

I actually own both versions on PS3 and 360 and I've always found the 360 version to be a bit better. It doesn't quite have the bluriness of the PS3 version and character models look more refined.

During GTA IV's development the PS3 was very difficult to work with and the PS3 version is one of the reasons it got delayed. I don't play the PS3 anymore only the 360 version on XB1. If I was going to recommend the game to anyone I would definitely go with the 360 for the added benefit too of backwards compatibility with the XB1.

It's not that it's bad on PS3. Far from it, but just my 2 cents from experience as a duel platform owner.

HisNameIsMilad
2 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

I actually own both versions on PS3 and 360 and I've always found the 360 version to be a bit better. It doesn't quite have the bluriness of the PS3 version and character models look more refined.

During GTA IV's development the PS3 was very difficult to work with and the PS3 version is one of the reasons it got delayed. I don't play the PS3 anymore only the 360 version on XB1. If I was going to recommend the game to anyone I would definitely go with the 360 for the added benefit too of backwards compatibility with the XB1.

It's not that it's bad on PS3. Far from it, but just my 2 cents from experience as a duel platform owner.

Nice thanks for your input man I was a PlayStation since childhood but I did own the 360 a very few times and of course with gta 4 lol but I have to confess that I had pros and cons with the 360 

the pros was the graphics 

cuz fml man as much as I can go on and praise gta 4 

the resolution makes it so hard to enjoy even when I play on a 4K UHD Sony tv it’s super sad man and watching pc gamers enjoy their resolution and framerate while I’m here and hoping for a remaster for just better resolution and higher framerate I saw the Xbox beat the ps3 and to be honest some may say that the difference is minor but to me it’s a MAJOR difference and upgrade in terms of display satisfaction now the cons were 2 things 1 having to buy battery like we are in 2019 and if some companies think they can attract and sell more by being very low and cheap and making it unsatisfactory for user to have the need to buy batteries or a battery pack then that’s not appealing at all , if it’s for greed then that’s a bummer from a business point of view , I mean Sony doesn’t do that I could be wrong why but it could be to provide excellent entertainment to their customers , and number 2 the Xbox would very often scratch my disc cd and I can’t you won’t believe how often and how much money I paid to get it cleaned professionally thi also heard a lot of noise and heard of the red ring of death , these areas are areas where ps3 can hold 1 place 

anyways wow I hope this didn’t kill anyone halfway reading lol what do you all think?

Paisan™

I agree with Miamivicecity. The frame rate drops are not as common as they are on PS3, and overall image is slightly sharper. Think of it like this:

If you already own the game on PS3, then the differences are too small to bother swapping platforms.

If you don't own either console or the game, then definitely go with the 360. 

HisNameIsMilad
4 hours ago, Paisan™ said:

I agree with Miamivicecity. The frame rate drops are not as common as they are on PS3, and overall image is slightly sharper. Think of it like this:

If you already own the game on PS3, then the differences are too small to bother swapping platforms.

If you don't own either console or the game, then definitely go with the 360. 

That was a very good point of yours sir .

and I think my issue is that I just enjoy gta and graphics and smooth motion so much that I want the best alternatives I was even thinking of trading my ps3 250GB in but can you believe that the price I can get is only betweeen 15$-27? 💔 how could they? And then they charge the same console for hundreds and hundreds of dollar , to me this is a crime 

Paisan™

A mate of mine traded in his PS2 about 10 years ago now, guess how much he got.

$15. It's bullsh*t but that's the way it is my man.

skau

Yes, the 360 version looks and runs a little bit better. But I don't think it's worth it trading your PS3 because of that, as some newer games, such as GTA V, tend run better on the PS3.