1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mintal

I can't motivate myself to play RDR2

Mac-
7 hours ago, AnimalFather said:

its an incredible boring game. with a story that shows how a group of people go from a state of despair to an even worse position. im not sure what rockstar was thinking here.

Each too their own really does come into play here. I don't know how you can use boring with this game, there's just so much you can do.

Jutland
18 hours ago, AnimalFather said:

its an incredible boring game. with a story that shows how a group of people go from a state of despair to an even worse position. im not sure what rockstar was thinking here.

My experience is different. I’ve been playing for about 150 hours now and I have not been bored once

AnimalFather
On 2/4/2019 at 3:35 AM, FreeMaxB585 said:

said nobody ever. except the people with short attention spans who play fortnite and cod

well OP said it too

JC Hammer
On 2/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, American Venom said:

Yeah. I guess it could've been like a Disney film and they lived happily ever after. How dare R* show a realistic portrayal of what it was like for people back then.

At least if Disney had produced it they wouldn't have had the gang migrate EAST, to escape civilization!

FreeMaxB585
On 2/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, AnimalFather said:

well OP said it too

its a figure of speech buddy

Journey_95
On 2/4/2019 at 1:23 AM, AnimalFather said:

It's definitely not a cheap power fantasy like most games out there and also doesn't have cartoony sh*t or forced humor in it. Great in my book

Mintal
Posted (edited)

Hey there, guys. I just want to provide a little update.

Since I have passed all my tests (and since I am ill) I have plenty of time to play video games at the moment. The last few days I have played hours and hours of RDR2 and I finally got into it. I may die a little too often here and there because I still can't figure out some controls in certain situations, but that doesn't change the fact that this games is simply amazing. I have also adapted to the "slow-ish" style of the game, and I actually think it fits pretty well. I am in chapter 3 now.

Just have ONE question regarding the doctor in Valentine, because I think I might have glitched my game:

Early in the game I knocked on the door in the doctor's room and looked through the window in the backyard, so I got the quest to rob the doctor. I waited with that quest because I didn't know how to do it.

So yesterday I wanted to rob him. I knocked on the door again and then I pointed my gun towards him, which gave me the option to force him to open that door, which he did. I then shot all those guys and got a "wanted level". I wanted to figure out whether I could rob him without getting difficulties with authorities or not getting such a high bounty - so I re-loaded my game while the authorities were chasing me, to redo that robbery.

The thing is: It seems the game now thinks I have already done that mission, because I can't knock on that locked door anymore, and when I point my gun towards the doctor, I don't get the option to let him open the locked door. But in my "to-do-list" I still see the doctor robbery. The game also did NOT keep the bounty on my head in Valentine. Did I glitch that robbery with reloading my game?

Edited by Mintal

Mister Pinkerton
Posted (edited)

Glad you passed your tests and  great to get an update! Glad you got into the game!

As for your query. You can rob that store again and he'll take you in the back IRRC. Try putting on your mask as you walk in the front door. As you escape, don't shoot back, just keep running until you escape the law. You should have little-to-no bounty.  My memory is hazy because it's months since I did that. Hope it works. It's a really fun part of the game and there are plenty of more surprises to come!

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

Magic_Al
Posted (edited)

What a coincidence this topic just got bumped, it's just what I was looking for. I want to confess I have had a similar weird procrastination thing with this game and I can't explain it. I preordered the Ultimate Edition and started playing the first weekend and a few weeknights after, but by the end of October I was only as far as Chapter 2 before John's train robbery and I just stopped. Maybe there was some GTAO 2x bonus that week and I felt I had to spend my time grinding, but doing that broke the RDR2 spell and I could not get myself in the frame of mind to continue the story for almost six months.

On many, many weekends I told friends I was going to spend the day getting back into RDR2 but then I didn't do it. I also tried to start RDO but saw little reason to continue that, so I just logged in to collect login bonuses. If I played a game it was GTAO. I tried to continue RDR2 one weeknight in January but I ended up just doing camp chores and a little hunting and making no progress. I realized then I don't want to start missions on weeknights, it's just feels like too big a thing to do.

Finally bored (for now) with repetition in GTAO, today I finally made some progress in RDR2 again, for the first time since since last October, and it's the same masterpiece I loved the first weekend I played it. There's no question I love this game when I'm playing it. When I'm not playing it i think about it, I wonder what's coming up in the story. I look forward to some distant future day when I don't have to avoid spoilers. But to actually pick it up and continue playing I have to overcome some incredible inertia and resistance and that's weird. Why am I avoiding what I want to do? Or why do i want to do something I avoid?

EDIT: I’m cured! Playing before and after work! I think this game was just released the wrong time of year for me. Winters are harsh where I live — one last snowstorm coming this week, still! — and so the game’s progression from winter to spring to summer in the first three chapters fits the mood now!

Edited by Nem_Wan

Jimbatron
On 4/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, Magic_Al said:

There's no question I love this game when I'm playing it. When I'm not playing it i think about it, I wonder what's coming up in the story. I look forward to some distant future day when I don't have to avoid spoilers. But to actually pick it up and continue playing I have to overcome some incredible inertia and resistance and that's weird. Why am I avoiding what I want to do? Or why do i want to do something I avoid?

I sort of relate this. I think for me RDR 2 is the most complex and immersive game R* have done, but it as a result it’s not that fast paced.

Personally to get satisfaction out of playing it I feel like I need to put aside 3 hours plus. If it’s shorter than that then I’d almost rather not as only having an hour will probably be enough for 1 story mission and a few side activities. It’s not a game that should be rushed and if you try to you won’t enjoy it. So it’s difficult for me to feel confident about picking up the controller unless I have a good chunk of free time.

Ben Foster

My opinion is may be abit crap but if you cant motivate yourself to play a roleplaying adventure game leave it 

Mac-
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Jimbatron said:

I sort of relate this. I think for me RDR 2 is the most complex and immersive game R* have done, but it as a result it’s not that fast paced.

Personally to get satisfaction out of playing it I feel like I need to put aside 3 hours plus. If it’s shorter than that then I’d almost rather not as only having an hour will probably be enough for 1 story mission and a few side activities. It’s not a game that should be rushed and if you try to you won’t enjoy it. So it’s difficult for me to feel confident about picking up the controller unless I have a good chunk of free time.

I agree you really do need to set a bit of time aside for this game to come into it's own. For me I need to set aside a day to get anything story wise done. I have the attention span of a newt, and too easy distracted from side/main missions. Well done RockStar I love this game, it sucks hours like a hoover.