Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

We Are Ninja

About Those Glitchy Pelts that Disappear At The Butcher's Stand...

Recommended Posts

PetrolCB
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

Its second level helpdesk. 

When you report a issue, first level support will handle it. If they can‘t/don‘t want to fix the issue, they‘ll escalate the support ticket to the next, second level support. If second level support can‘t help you, they‘ll escalate the ticket to third level support.

I‘ve issued 15 tickets easily until now and always got a genuine reply. Can‘t say the support employees are robots.

15 tickets. Wow, you’ve clearly been given the downside of your experience then.  

 

Thats not a knock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DonnieVega
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

 Can‘t say the support employees are robots.

That just means they're getting smarter!

 

US4p3c3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
42 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

15 tickets. Wow, you’ve clearly been given the downside of your experience then.  

 

Thats not a knock. 

No. i just report everything I find. 

E.g. the churchbell in Valentine rings 4 times at 11:18pm. I mean wtf

 

none of the cases I reported are severe, or even critical. Except maybe reset of horse bonding, thats the only case that sometimes really annoyes me. But there‘s a workaround for that at least... (let horse flee and call back after 15sec)

Edited by rusbeckia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Surely I'm not the only one that finds broken horse whistling (typically in water and wet marshlands) exceedingly annoying?

 

What's crazy is that half the time when you whistle, your horse icon "throbs" "pulses" does something (for lack of better terms), clearly acknowledging that he/she knows you just whistled for them, but there's no sound, and they don't budge... *facepalms*

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jstev4610
55 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Surely I'm not the only one that finds broken horse whistling (typically in water and wet marshlands) exceedingly annoying?

 

What's crazy is that half the time when you whistle, your horse icon "throbs" (for lack of a better term), clearly acknowledging that he/she knows you just whistled for them, but there's no sound, and they don't budge... *facepalms*

that's one of the ones I reported and they were pretty much "Hey bro we know"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
6 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

Surely I'm not the only one that finds broken horse whistling (typically in water and wet marshlands) exceedingly annoying?

 

What's crazy is that half the time when you whistle, your horse icon "throbs" (for lack of a better term), clearly acknowledging that he/she knows you just whistled for them, but there's no sound, and they don't budge... *facepalms*

A devious stealth nerf to the St. Denis plume hunt. The R* economic department calculated they could increase mirco sales by 1.6% when players who die of old age wading back to their unresponsive horse inspire their surviving possemates to pay their way into making the most of their remaining lifespan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83
8 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

Surely I'm not the only one that finds broken horse whistling (typically in water and wet marshlands) exceedingly annoying?

 

What's crazy is that half the time when you whistle, your horse icon "throbs" (for lack of a better term), clearly acknowledging that he/she knows you just whistled for them, but there's no sound, and they don't budge... *facepalms*

When the icon.. ahem.. "throbs", as you put it, I've always taken it to mean that the horse acknowledges you but is spooked (i.e. there's a predator nearby).

It more looks like it's shaking with fear, not throbbing, but whatever 😂

My piece of sh*t Arabian excels at this around the gators of Bayou Nwa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gibsonteddyj

I have to deal with the butcher ripping me off on items as well as others that have posted in this thread.  Plainly stated, it sucks.  I wanted to toss out another glitch/bug that i have experienced in the past few days.  Let me preface the explanation by saying it is $%*& and there is no way around it that I have found.  What happens is this:  I have a set hunting route that happens to go by a 2-3 possible hideout spawns.  I hunt to the first hideout. If its there, I clear it.  If not, I move on to the next one.  After I make the route, I go back to a butcher and sell the loot.  Rinse and repeat.  What has happened a few times recently though is that when I go to the butcher to sell, the butcher is glitched out and I can't even interact with him.  He is usually standing in the barrel beside his stall or standing on top of the stall counter.  The first time it happened, I had a lot of hunting spoils to cash in, so I went to every butcher (yeah it was a pain in the ass because its a long ass haul to visit them all).  Every butcher was bugged out and I couldn't interact with them.  I tried shooting one of them...no luck.  I went into the general store and the clerk was bugged out and wouldn't interact with me.  The second time it happened, I tried initiating a stranger mission.  The mission cleared all pelts I had on my horse, so that was a kick in the balls.  Anyone else ever experienced this?  As I stated earlier, it sucks because I haven't discovered a way to overcome it.  If anyone has a remedy or suggestion, please pass it along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Yup; I ran into this bug last week in Valentine--the butcher was standing on top of his table (right side).

 

Couldn't sell a thing, and very frustrating, because you either ride to the closest town, or lose everything via Fast Travel. >:(

 

My best guess is that it's related to players harassing the town, and the butcher gets scared; normally, he just crouches behind his table until it's over, but in this case, not even riding out of respawn distance did the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

I can't submit bug reports from my phone sadly, nothing happens when I press submit. And if I had a pc to submit a bug report I wouldn't be playing this trash game lol

 

Can you guys submit a bug report from your phones?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
On 2/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, gibsonteddyj said:

I have to deal with the butcher ripping me off on items as well as others that have posted in this thread.  Plainly stated, it sucks.  I wanted to toss out another glitch/bug that i have experienced in the past few days.  Let me preface the explanation by saying it is $%*& and there is no way around it that I have found.  What happens is this:  I have a set hunting route that happens to go by a 2-3 possible hideout spawns.  I hunt to the first hideout. If its there, I clear it.  If not, I move on to the next one.  After I make the route, I go back to a butcher and sell the loot.  Rinse and repeat.  What has happened a few times recently though is that when I go to the butcher to sell, the butcher is glitched out and I can't even interact with him.  He is usually standing in the barrel beside his stall or standing on top of the stall counter.  The first time it happened, I had a lot of hunting spoils to cash in, so I went to every butcher (yeah it was a pain in the ass because its a long ass haul to visit them all).  Every butcher was bugged out and I couldn't interact with them.  I tried shooting one of them...no luck.  I went into the general store and the clerk was bugged out and wouldn't interact with me.  The second time it happened, I tried initiating a stranger mission.  The mission cleared all pelts I had on my horse, so that was a kick in the balls.  Anyone else ever experienced this?  As I stated earlier, it sucks because I haven't discovered a way to overcome it.  If anyone has a remedy or suggestion, please pass it along.

That's exactly what I've had to do quite a few times.

 

As far as actually solving the no paying part, not really....other than not many pelts on the horse. There's no rhyme or reason. I've tested no poor pelts stored. It didn't work and was just as bad because leaving the poor pelts behind. I've killed over 6,000 animals and I bet I've lost close to $1000 to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 2/11/2019 at 5:44 PM, gibsonteddyj said:

I have to deal with the butcher ripping me off on items as well as others that have posted in this thread.  Plainly stated, it sucks.  I wanted to toss out another glitch/bug that i have experienced in the past few days.  Let me preface the explanation by saying it is $%*& and there is no way around it that I have found.  What happens is this:  I have a set hunting route that happens to go by a 2-3 possible hideout spawns.  I hunt to the first hideout. If its there, I clear it.  If not, I move on to the next one.  After I make the route, I go back to a butcher and sell the loot.  Rinse and repeat.  What has happened a few times recently though is that when I go to the butcher to sell, the butcher is glitched out and I can't even interact with him.  He is usually standing in the barrel beside his stall or standing on top of the stall counter.  The first time it happened, I had a lot of hunting spoils to cash in, so I went to every butcher (yeah it was a pain in the ass because its a long ass haul to visit them all).  Every butcher was bugged out and I couldn't interact with them.  I tried shooting one of them...no luck.  I went into the general store and the clerk was bugged out and wouldn't interact with me.  The second time it happened, I tried initiating a stranger mission.  The mission cleared all pelts I had on my horse, so that was a kick in the balls.  Anyone else ever experienced this?  As I stated earlier, it sucks because I haven't discovered a way to overcome it.  If anyone has a remedy or suggestion, please pass it along.

Try to tie your horse somewhere and respawn yourself, then run to your horse (dont whistle). Might fix butchers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gibsonteddyj

Update on this situation:  First and foremost, what I did doesn't prevent it from happening but it did make the pill not so bitter to swallow.  i contacted Rockstar via their support desk.  I explained what was going on.  They escalated it to a "tier 2" issue and I actually got to communicate with a real person.  the rep told me to record the issue and upload it to them.  I did just that.  I only had maybe $40-50 in horse loot in the video.  Other times I would have at least twice that amount.  After viewing the issue in the video submission, Rockstar credited me $500 in-game cash.  It by no means covers all that I have lost from this bug, but it did help rub some ointment on the wound so to speak.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Yup; I ran into this bug last week in Valentine--the butcher was standing on top of his table (right side).

 

Couldn't sell a thing, and very frustrating, because you either ride to the closest town, or lose everything via Fast Travel. 😠

 

My best guess is that it's related to players harassing the town, and the butcher gets scared; normally, he just crouches behind his table until it's over, but in this case, not even riding out of respawn distance did the trick.

I tend to think it has something more to do with clearing the hideouts on the hunting route.  I have no concrete evidence to back up my speculation, just that it happens every time I clear a hideout with goodies on my horse.  If you have the means and time to record a video to submit to Rockstar, they will credit you some in-game cash.  They did this for me anyway...$500 in-game cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gibsonteddyj
On 2/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, DentureDynamite said:

Surely I'm not the only one that finds broken horse whistling (typically in water and wet marshlands) exceedingly annoying?

 

What's crazy is that half the time when you whistle, your horse icon "throbs" "pulses" does something (for lack of better terms), clearly acknowledging that he/she knows you just whistled for them, but there's no sound, and they don't budge... *facepalms*

I can never get my horse to come to my location if there is any kind of water between myself and the horse.  Seriously, it could be a #^%& mud puddle it seems. I usually always just make my horse swim through water if I'm going to skin an animal near water.  Perhaps there is some kind of predator in the area that makes the horse say "hell nah".  I notice this happens in particular on the outskirts of St. Denis (near the railroad tracks just north/northeast of St. Denis).  Not sure if predators have anything to do with it or not, but I have the same pain you are explaining. 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, TCA said:

I noticed it doesn’t seem to do it when you sell in bulk, only with singles. I could be wrong though...

I have had it happen a few times selling in bulk.  Luckily, it is usually flight feathers or stringy meat or something of the like.  Lol, I tend to save a "sacrificial bulk item" for when the butcher starts getting screwy.  I've had way more situations where it happens selling singles.  I would wager that when it happens, 99%+ of the time its selling of single items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TCA
2 hours ago, gibsonteddyj said:

I can never get my horse to come to my location if there is any kind of water between myself and the horse.  Seriously, it could be a #^%& mud puddle it seems. I usually always just make my horse swim through water if I'm going to skin an animal near water.  Perhaps there is some kind of predator in the area that makes the horse say "hell nah".  I notice this happens in particular on the outskirts of St. Denis (near the railroad tracks just north/northeast of St. Denis).  Not sure if predators have anything to do with it or not, but I have the same pain you are explaining. 

I have had it happen a few times selling in bulk.  Luckily, it is usually flight feathers or stringy meat or something of the like.  Lol, I tend to save a "sacrificial bulk item" for when the butcher starts getting screwy.  I've had way more situations where it happens selling singles.  I would wager that when it happens, 99%+ of the time its selling of single items.

Be careful. I've done that before too and he still managed to screw me out of perfect game :/ Lets just hope they get their act together and actually address this issue with the upcoming update for ya'll. Also, when I get around to getting the game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.